Microsoft search perks program

foxmnr

CAGiversary!
MIcroSoft has a new program where you receive points for searching the web using Microsoft LIve Search.

Program is to April 2009, a point for each search maximum points for the day is 25.

When you sign up you receive 500 points, prizes are similar to LIve Search Club game including many of the same prizes: Cookbooks,Airline miles,hats,Tshirts.

Some of the different prizes include: Basic First Aid Kit for 2200 points,Xbox 360 Games @ 4950 points include:Gears of War,
Project Gotham Racing 4 , Forza 2,Blue Dragon. Also they have Sceneit for 5100 points and Kameo for 2500 points. Titleist DTROLL 3 pack golfballs for 3000 points.

Site does not have the larger prizes of live search club: Xbox 360,kitchen appliance,MIcrosoft Software.

www.getsearchperks.com

A little informaton also:

1: Limited to U.S. Residents only
2: Limited to first million respondents before December 31,2008
3: 13 years or older with valid WIndows ID
4: Program ends on April 15,2009
5: Approximately Three weeks later you will receive an email how to redeem tickets
6: You need to stay in the program til the end to redeem prizes
7: Points expire on October 15,2009
8: States their maybe additional opportunities to receive more tickets

I do not work for MIcrosoft or website just passing on the info,with 25 points a day I know probably only have enough points to get one free xbox 360 game that is not on Live Search Club.

I agree they are getting ridiculous with these things. If they added the games on this program to live search club though, I can guarantee that the numbers would jump drastically over night.

Besides

4950 points
-500 sign up bonus
4450 = 178 Days @ 25 points a day. Is really not worth it at all. (We want quick results :D)

Considering Microsoft pretty much started screwing with everyone on Frequent Shopper (removing most of the ways you can get points, late prizes, lack of organization), I'll probably stay away from this one.

*EDIT: So I signed up to see what free item I could go ahead and get with the 500 point bonus and I came across this:
Once the promotion
ends on April 15, 2009, you’ll be able to choose your prize!

Which I didn't read when foxmnr posted.

Good job, Microsoft.

Travel PrizesTravel100 Frequent
Flyer Miles
250 tickets
500 Frequent
Flyer Miles
1000 tickets
1000 Frequent
Flyer Miles
1800 tickets
2500 Frequent
Flyer Miles
4300 tickets

Knowing microsoft, they'll probably cancel the whole thing halfway through.

I'll stick with google for searching whatever I need.

They need to put the games on lsc. I'm not signing up for another Microsoft thing, but the prizes are better even though it would take forever to get them.

Just passing information to others.

I agree with other posts since most prizes are the same as the smaller prizes on live search club and LSC delivery has gotten faster: Received Rock Band yesterday after ordering it on Sept 25, most of my time will be on LSC getting 1,000 points a day . I have receive six prizes since Aug. 13 2008.

However I do more than 25 searches a day and if I get one prize it's not costing me anything

well from what i understand it the points carry over to your lsc acct and you pick your prizes from there.

snippet from terms and conditions \/
"...In exchange for and following your participation in the Promotion until its conclusion, Microsoft will provide you with tickets that you may redeem for prizes described on the redemption center, available at the Live Search Club..."

bigger snippet \/
"2. Promotion Overview
The goal of the Promotion is for Microsoft to learn about and understand customer search behavior in an effort to improve the Microsoft search experience. Section 4 describes the data collected by Microsoft and Microsoft’s use of that data. In exchange for and following your participation in the Promotion until its conclusion, Microsoft will provide you with tickets that you may redeem for prizes described on the redemption center, available at the Live Search Club, http://club.live.com, subject to the offer details available at http://club.live.com/TermsAndConditions.aspx. Unless stated otherwise, tickets will consist of one ticket for each online Search you do within Internet Explorer web browser, version 6.0 or higher, on Microsoft’s Windows Live, MSN or Live Search properties, excluding Searches within the Live Search Club and the Live Search Club toolbar, located at http://club.live.com, Search and Give and any Search and Give toolbars, located at www.searchandgive.com; and MSN Video site searches located at http://video.msn.com/video.aspx, up to a maximum of 25 tickets per day during the Promotion. During the Promotion there may be opportunities to receive additional tickets. Tickets will not be provided for Searches that are not conducted on the three properties and web browser identified above. A “Search” is the act of an individual user manually entering text for the good faith purpose of obtaining results for such user’s own research purpose, as determined by Microsoft. A Search does not include any query entered by a bot, macro or other automated or fraudulent means of any kind. Microsoft will determine what constitutes a Search and may limit the tickets earned for activities such as the repeated entry of the same search query term. If you leave the Promotion prior to its conclusion, you will not receive any of the tickets. Tickets are provided “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied, by Microsoft. You cannot transfer tickets (except as otherwise provided in the Live Search Club Terms and Conditions). You may not obtain any cash or money in exchange for tickets. Tickets are not your personal property. Tickets that are undeliverable will not be resent and are forfeited. Claiming and redemption of the tickets is subject to additional terms and conditions available at http://club.live.com/TermsAndConditions.aspx. This Promotion constitutes an “Activity” under those terms and conditions. We encourage you to redeem your tickets promptly. Microsoft may change the prizes that are available and the number of tickets you must earn to receive a certain prize, at any time during the Promotion. You must claim your tickets no later than October 15, 2009. Once tickets are claimed they are subject to expiration pursuant to the additional terms and conditions available at http://club.live.com/TermsAndConditions.aspx. "

term and condtions link \/
http://www.getsearchperks.com/Terms.aspx?campaignid=perks

seems like an easy enough thing to do to boost your lsc points by 500 at least.....

I decided to give in and do this. All you have to do is type in 25 random words into the live search and you are done for the day. Takes less than 5 minutes.

im not wasting my time with anythingg cept lsc and lsc actually has good prizes that we have a chance of getting

[quote name='DarkKenpachi']I agree they are getting ridiculous with these things. If they added the games on this program to live search club though, I can guarantee that the numbers would jump drastically over night.

Besides

4950 points
-500 sign up bonus
4450 = 178 Days @ 25 points a day. Is really not worth it at all. (We want quick results :D)[/quote]
Thanks for doing the math, that's pretty much all I needed.

i decided to try it. it takes less than 1 minute to do, and i can use the search engine for my homework stuff too. so i don't care if i have to do it for 178+ days. worth a try for something free. :D

Tip: I put in a search word than I check it:
1: Web
2: Images
3: Video
4: News
5: More section to local or products or any other criteria

I get 5 or more points for typing one word.

Note: Information on the bottom of the prize panel:
Please note, the prizes displayed here are representative of the types of prizes that are available for this promotion. Actual prizes may differ. Prizes are subject to availability at the time of redemption. Microsoft may change the number of tickets you must earn to receive a certain prize at any time. There may be a limited number of a particular prize; those prizes will be provided on a first-come first-served basis

Just trying to keep you informed, I'm saving points for a prize not available on Live search Club,would hate to be advised at the end sorry that wasn't a real prize it was a representative

Another quick way to points is every time you click a "related search" item on the right, you get a point and a new list. Keep clicking different search terms and you may have to only type in a single word.

[quote name='Dual45s']Another quick way to points is every time you click a "related search" item on the right, you get a point and a new list. Keep clicking different search terms and you may have to only type in a single word.[/QUOTE]

You are the man! I just absolutely FLEW through the 25 searches in NO TIME WHATSOEVER. Thanks so much for the tip!!!!!!!!! \\:D/

Just a heads up here to everyone: apparently you need to do all the searches on the same computer. I started doing this last night on my desktop and was going to do the searches on my laptop tonight, but apparently it's not connected to your account (I'm at 501 points on my laptop and 550 on my desktop, even though it's the same account). Not sure if anyone else has had this problem, but thought I'd throw it out there.

[quote name='Schmackledorf']Just a heads up here to everyone: apparently you need to do all the searches on the same computer. ...but thought I'd throw it out there.[/quote]

Yeah, I ran into the same thing when I tried to set it up from my work computer. Here's the email Perks sent:

Hello Adam,
Thank you for your e-mail.
There is a limit one Search Perks membership per person, so you would only be able to participate in the trial using one computer.
If you have further questions, please email us at: [email protected]

Thank you
Danny
Search Perks Customer Service
Case ID: BIS-5208785
[email protected]

I just want two decks of cards, they are 300 pts. each. Does anyone know if we can get two of the same prizes? Or if we can even get two prizes?

Six months is a long time to wait for two decks of playing cards. Why don't you play on LSC for a few hours or less and order it today.

[quote name='2574']Six months is a long time to wait for two decks of playing cards. Why don't you play on LSC for a few hours or less and order it today.[/quote]

I mean all I have to is remember it or be reminded by this forum in 6 months and all I have to do is look up 5 things for 6-7 more days. The LSC takes a lot of time and effort. And they keep changing their prizes and stuff too

you can just change your computers date to the next day and your daily total resets it sounds too simple but it actually works

That is actually an interesting find but only if you missed a day. I don't see what would be the point if you set it ahead since you can't claim your prize until April.

[quote name='iiinightmar3ii']That is actually an interesting find but only if you missed a day. I don't see what would be the point if you set it ahead since you can't claim your prize until April.[/quote]

Get it out the way in one sitting
And then just wait till April, easy and faster

I've been getting my 25 points a day. (Thanks to CAG for bringing it and many other good stuff to my attention.) I went back to see if I'd missed any days... and was able to do most of the days again (even today, which I know I had just done). Certainly had more points than I should have. I tried to replicate it, and did, getting several of the days to allow more points again... but not exactly sure how. I was just randomly putting in dates from Oct 4 to Oct 12, then searching in the same instance of IE. Seems there's a glitch there that will let you bypass the 25 points per day.

(IE 6, this is the only thing I use IE for.)

Also for the searches, can get them done really fast by clicking on the related searches, especially if you find the right line that will just let you click through all 25 without having to retrace. Some related searches will even count if you click on the same related search. I ran into a really good line of related searches on the same line (thus no need to move the mouse) that doubles back on itself, and all the searches count over and over again.

Enterprise Car Rental
Enterprise Car Rental Locations
Rental Car Locations Enterprise Rent
National Car Rental
National Car Rental Discount Code
Alamo National Car Rental
Enterprise Car Rental

(Though I find it more interesting to just enter a random word and see where I end up. I started with "orange" and ended up at Enterprise for instance, though that was well over 25 searches.)

[quote name='Joe4pal']Guys do you honestly think it's necessary to change the date and cheat?[/quote]

No, I only need 150 points more, no need for me to cheat

Well, I was reading this thread on this site and I'm thinking, what could I do to get more points faster. Then it comes to me. The counter has a limit of 25 points for every DAY you use it and probably uses the system clock. IT DOES! So all you need to do is get your 25 points for the day, change your system clock to the next day and get 25 more points. Go back to the day it is and MORE POINTS! Repeat for total point redemption! Thought you guys would like that but its up to you if you want that free XBOX 360 controller or anything else!:bouncy:

1100 points Enough for a T Shirt! Yahoo!

I don't know why the golf balls on LIve search perks are for 3000 points
and on LSC only 850

Has anyone here started since day 1 literally started the FIRST day this thing went live? (no pun intended) I am just curious how my points stack up to someone who has been in this since the beginning. I think i started pretty close to the start but I dont know.....I have about 3200 points.....Thanks

this is gay, my old comp broke where i had all my points. now i sign on my new one, i lost all my points... i gave up on restarting.

[quote name='cyberduelist2']this is gay, my old comp broke where i had all my points. now i sign on my new one, i lost all my points... i gave up on restarting.[/quote]

I had a similar problem when my computer crashed and I had to re-install the search counter. I sent an email asking if my previous points would be counted and they said yes since it's still under the same account. They said all of the points I'd earned would be added together at the end. You should keep doing it and yours should be added too.

bread's done
Back