midnightbox.com-jap ps3 $519.00

[quote name='mxpowar']Sigh... If only it made PSOne and PS2 games region-free, then it would be worth it. For me at least...[/QUOTE]

Considering a PS2 isn't hard to find for under $80, that part evens out. But the bigger problem is Blu-Ray movies.

Actually, the US (& the rest of the Americas) shares the same Blu-ray region with Japan, Korea, Taiwan, & Hong Kong. We're all Region A.

I would buy this if I could sell my US PS3 for the same price. I really want a reliable way to play Japanese PS2 games & wish I would have bought a Japanese system instead of a US system.

If anyone is interested, I will match the price on my used (but very well taken care of..) PS3(including shipping!)

[quote name='mxpowar']Sigh... If only it made PSOne and PS2 games region-free, then it would be worth it. For me at least...[/quote]

Me too. It's not cheap enough too. Maybe I should just buy the US version of REZ and quit complaining that I can't play the Japanese version I have.

[quote name='nefaquotek']Me too. It's not cheap enough too. Maybe I should just buy the US version of REZ and quit complaining that I can't play the Japanese version I have.[/QUOTE]

You're joking right? I'd rather have BC with Japanese games. Unfortunately I hear DDR doesn't work.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']Considering a PS2 isn't hard to find for under $80, that part evens out. But the bigger problem is Blu-Ray movies.[/QUOTE]

Where can you get a slim for under $80 cuz my launch unit finally died.

Sonys ditching the PS2 chip in the PS3 and opting for emulation to cut cost.Thats added functionalty right there.Youll be abel to play US and "some"Japanese region ps2 games.Just not right away.Now,if only I had 500 dollars.

[quote name='mrx1']Sonys ditching the PS2 chip in the PS3 and opting for emulation to cut cost.Thats added functionalty right there.Youll be abel to play US and "some"Japanese region ps2 games.Just not right away.Now,if only I had 500 dollars.[/quote]
How does going to emulation allow you to play US and some Japanese region games?

Youre buying an import japanese system.Its gonna carry the ps2 chip for that region.Thus,allowing you to play some Japanese ps2 games.Theyre might be some compatibility issues,thats why I typed some.I assumed that youll would be able to update a Japanese regioned PS3 with US firware update.Thats why I thought you would be able to play US region ps2 games.So,maybe you wont be abel to play US region ps2 games.I dont know.Would be great,though.

Read this:
http://biz.gamedaily.com/industry/feature/?id=12864&rp=49

He said US and some Japanese games. Last time I heard US and Japan are not in the same region and a non-mod'ed PS2/3 will play one and only one region.

just wait until EU lunch of PS3, I heard the rumor that iso loader for PS3 will show up soon after that. Might be able to copy PS1 , PS2 , and PS3 games on HD.

^____^ I know it's wishful thinking but hey look what did happen to the great PSP

bread's done
Back