Minnesota Deals Topic

gameguy22006

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Thought I'd go ahead and create a topic for Minnesota. As usual, be sure to include specific info such as the store's location when posting a deal (and of course, information about the deal itself). Enjoy! :)

[quote name='billyG']Picked up gi joe season 1 part 2, disgaea 2 and metal gear solid 3 subsistence limited editon earlier today.[/QUOTE]

Which store?

Anyone had a chance to check out Flip-A-Game yet? I think it just opened very recently. It's on Payne Ave in St. Paul and I forgot the intersecting street. Store looks very organized from the outside.

So Borders is having their huge video game discount thing. Have any MN CAGers had any luck finding any stores that carry such merchandise?

[quote name='adg1034']So Borders is having their huge video game discount thing. Have any MN CAGers had any luck finding any stores that carry such merchandise?[/QUOTE]
IIRC, video games in Borders is a CA only deal.

Or something like that.

I was at the TRU in Burnsville today to pick up some B2G3rdFree games and found they had King of Fighters EX2: Howling Blood for GBA marked down to $7.98 (9.98 -2.00 red tag promo is what it said on the receipt.) It was still $29.99 not too long ago. They had 2 copies left as of Tuesday afternoon. I assume this is a big time YMMV considering the age of the game so that's why I posted it here in the regional section. (Also, I'm not sure there's much demand for this game either. I only found one listed on ebay for 29.99, and none on half.com.) So MN KOF fans, go get 'em.

How much do you guys think I can get in credit at Toyriffic for:

GCN
Megaman Anniversary
Ultimate Muscle
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2 Echoes
Starfox Assault

XBOX
Street Fighter Anniversary
Guilty Gear X2 #reload ($1? LOL)
King of Fighters 02/03

Most of these games are so low valued, there's no difference putting them on eBay or sending them off as trade fodder. You might even make less after eBay fees. But I think if I sell all of the GCN games together, I might make a few bucks. Street Fighter is valuable, but the demand for it is so low. On eBay new copies are priced for $15-20 and there are so many unpurchased.

Minnesotans, what would you guys do?

[quote name='nintendokid']How much do you guys think I can get in credit at Toyriffic for:

GCN
Megaman Anniversary
Ultimate Muscle
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2 Echoes
Starfox Assault

XBOX
Street Fighter Anniversary
Guilty Gear X2 #reload ($1? LOL)
King of Fighters 02/03

Most of these games are so low valued, there's no difference putting them on eBay or sending them off as trade fodder. You might even make less after eBay fees. But I think if I sell all of the GCN games together, I might make a few bucks. Street Fighter is valuable, but the demand for it is so low. On eBay new copies are priced for $15-20 and there are so many unpurchased.

Minnesotans, what would you guys do?[/QUOTE]

Why would you trade anything to a store that charges 2x what stuff goes for on e-bay?

Good point.

So for those who are old enough, who are you voting for and Nov 7 and why? Ah, don't worry, it's all anonymous here.

Me, I'm not sure yet. I still gotta read up some more in the next week.

[quote name='iflabs']So who was out camping at the Blaine TRU with the Scion? LOL![/QUOTE]

Not me. I was snug in bed enjoying the extra hour of sleep I could get.
schla23.gif

[quote name='nintendokid']So for those who are old enough, who are you voting for and Nov 7 and why? Ah, don't worry, it's all anonymous here.[/QUOTE]

It's very very easy for me this election compared to the past few. I (and many other people I know) are simply going with a "vote the bums out" stance. I'm so fed up with the bullshit that got shoved down my throat by all levels of gov't that I sincerely think that we just need to clean house. So whoever is running against the incumbent in every race, that's who I'm voting for.

[quote name='Nogib']It's very very easy for me this election compared to the past few. I (and many other people I know) are simply going with a "vote the bums out" stance. I'm so fed up with the bullshit that got shoved down my throat by all levels of gov't that I sincerely think that we just need to clean house. So whoever is running against the incumbent in every race, that's who I'm voting for.[/QUOTE]
AMEN!
If you've got the job now, I'm voting against you.

On a gamer note; has anyone heard anything about Gamecrazy pre-orders or launch numbers? I have been getting the cold shoulder at the Maple Grove store. I have a sneaking suspicion the employees do not want to share.

[quote name='Nogib']It's very very easy for me this election compared to the past few. I (and many other people I know) are simply going with a "vote the bums out" stance. I'm so fed up with the bullshit that got shoved down my throat by all levels of gov't that I sincerely think that we just need to clean house. So whoever is running against the incumbent in every race, that's who I'm voting for.[/quote]

So then, EDIT: Michelle Bachmann Amy Klobuchar it is...? For me it will be. She is able to better serve the Hmong community, which I am a part of so that matters. Plus, she just seems nicer. I just hope she doesn't bring pro-choice baby killing crap to the office like many leg-crossers these days.

Oh yes, please make sure to vote "yes" for the Saint Paul school referendum if it applies to you. It'll give them a bigger budget to work with. Though I hate the majority of kids these days, wherein they look like sluts going to a club when in fact, they need to go to Engrish class, or try to emulate 40 cents in our childrens' schools, there are still some with hope left in them.

And I agree with you; all levels of gov't need a cleanup. If I'm guessing right, 2008, all hell's gonna break loose, especially if Obama runs irregardless as President or Vice-President.

By the way, I'm assuming you two previous posters are white-European. If I'm wrong, apologies. But why is it that white people do not like to disclose openly and say "I like THIS specific person!" or "I prefer this specific party" :p

She thinks she has been appointed to office by God?! Who wants
this kind of nut in office? Not only that but, since you have no concept
of womens rights please don't share your anti-women views in this
forum. :bomb:

[quote name='Erikph2']She thinks she has been appointed to office by God?! Who wants
this kind of nut in office? Not only that but, since you have no concept
of womens rights please don't share your anti-women views in this
forum. :bomb:[/quote]

Abortion = a politically correct term for baby killing

It's dangerous to bring that crap onto the teenagers because they become desensitized and think they are just getting rid of a shoulder or a knee cap. No. In reality, you are killing a baby. That's not women's right or freedom. That's being forced to not to know that you do not know. Civil rights are about choice. But when you no longer care about the consequences and ethics of that "choice", that exercise of freedom takes a toll on everyone. If she thinks she has been appointed to office by God, then let it be - that's her belief. I believe that I was able to graduate from college because God allowed that to happen. Are you going to bash me too?

How can I be anti-women when Klobuchar is my primary choice for Senator? I am also a very proud boyfriend that my gf makes more income than I ever will! That's not a threat to my manhood, people like you are a threat to my manhood! Oh yeah, did I mention that I am the best cook in my family and the women can't even compete with me, including my own mother (whom is very traditional)? Yeah, I show symptoms of anti-women, alright...:bomb:

[quote name='Transformah']I met Klobuchar at the first Twins/As game and asked her if she supported ticket scalping. She dodged the question.[/QUOTE]
You should have followed up by asking her if she had 2 to sell.

And Bachman is a certified nut. She's 40 years behind the times in understanding gender roles, and my guess is the amount of thought she puts into the issues is about as much as it takes to look up where her hunka-hunka burnin' man W stands.

Good article on Bachman from the City Pages:
http://www.citypages.com/databank/27/1348/article14760.asp

In searching for that article, I found that even people outside of MN recognize that Bachman's got a screw loose:
http://www.wonkette.com/politics/mi...ssional-candidate-michele-bachmann-207001.php

Yep it is sad how much bachman is crazy, and Pawlenty is equally crazy with his ideas about Education GAHHHHHHH, Im a little bias with two parents that are teachers, but come Election Day I am damn hoping that that Pawlenty is leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!

(and also, a bi-partisan presidential election would rock, McCain and Obamam the dream team imo)

LOL! Were those really laughs? WOw, tough crowd. I never laugh at people in public (except at my family and friends). THat's how I am, even if I know they are wrong.

EDIT: As for Obama running for presidency 2008, he's certainly got the charisma and the looks. Looks matter. However, how young is he? GOsh, he looks like he's just a few years older than I and I'm only 24. But regardless, if he did run, I would bet he would get Minnesota electoral vote.

[quote name='iflabs']So college tuition is rising. Who should I vote for?[/QUOTE]

Independent-Hutchinson

fuck both the other two and their bullshit party politics. I'd love nothing more than to see both of them out on their asses out of a job come Nov. 9

I don't know who else is looking to buy a Wii at launch. I'm planning on buying mine from a local Target or Wii as soon as I can on launch day. If you're wondering how many Wiis those stores will have, some dude on the IGN forums provided some nice info in a big thread. (I found the thread through digg.com).

This page of the thread will give you the store number for any Target in MN:
http://boards.ign.com/nintendo_wii_lobby/b8270/130542464/p3

This page of the thread will show you the number of Wiis per store at launch:
http://boards.ign.com/nintendo_wii_lobby/b8270/130542464/p1

Maybe I'll see some of you suckas Sunday morning waiting for one of 60 Wiis at the Roseville SUUUUP-ER TARGET!!!

EDIT: Thought I'd also mention that the Midway Target (in Saint Paul) is getting 39 Wiis, the Lake Street Target (in Mpls) is getting 24 Wiis, and the New Brighton Rd aka "Quarry" Target (in Mpls) is getting 39 Wiis. I went to the trouble of looking them up, as they're part of my Target tour for Sunday, so why not let you guys in on it.

[quote name='iflabs']So college tuition is rising. Who should I vote for?[/quote]

College tuition and employment (or lack of) is minutely affected by state officers. Not to say that choosing a candidate who supports more government funding won't help, but it's not enough. Hutchinson is quite strong for an independent candidate.

Come 2008, presidential election, that will be when it will all be decided - education, economy/jobs, military, criminal justice, immigration, all that shit will either be figured out or we will burn to the ground and our gun-wielding can't find jobs poorly educated kids will be our worst enemies. Everything has been cut for military and tax relief on dividends on buying stock. What the fuck - encouraging people to buy more stock won't do shit for the economy. What it does it makes companies more power/money hungry and they take our jobs overseas to those fuck face old world pieces of trash who have no interest in America whatsoever (not a racist statement, since I am Asian). The rich get richer and the poor just die.

ANy news on which retailers (within 10 miles of St. Paul) will be getting Gears of War the earliest?

EDIT: Those are alot of damn Wii's first wave just for St. Paul and Roseville alone - those two stores are somewhat close by - rat race. Regginator wasn't joking about 4 million units worldwide by end of 2006.

According to that info, the downtown Minneapolis Target will be getting 81 Wiis, the most in the area -- still don't know if I'll be able to afford it, but I may take a walk to look at boxes and gauge local demand.

When is the Roseville GameStop getting Gears of War in? I've been told 4 different times in the past 2 weeks, lol.

If that list is to be believed, here are the top ten best supplied Targets in MN for Wiis. There appear to only be 9 stores in the country geting 210. I guess Apple Valley hit the jackpot. I would guess you could just show up whenever on the 19th and get one with numbers like these.

210 Apple Valley Target Store
81 Mpls Nicollet Mall Target Store
81 Knollwood Target Store (St Louis Park)
72 Oakdale Target Store
69 Eden Prairie Target Store
69 Woodbury Target Store
60 St Cloud Target Store
60 Shoreview Target Store
60 Plymouth Target Store
60 Coon Rapids Target Store
60 Roseville T1 Target Store

[quote name='Neo']When is the Roseville GameStop getting Gears of War in? I've been told 4 different times in the past 2 weeks, lol.[/quote]

Well I checked yesterday and today. GameCrazy (at least Mplwd), EB mplwd, GS (rsvle, mplwd, stp), CC, are all getting them Wednesday. The rumours, that some EBstop managers are going to the airport to pick up the GoW packages aren't true...at least in our region. So I just went ahead and reserved one at the St. Paul GS. Regardless, everyone who wants one should get it by Wednesday night. But, as always, I'm calling on Tuesday afternoon pretending to be a clueless guy asking to see if it's in yet :p. I always do that.

What's your Live Gamertag, neo?

[quote name='jlindahl']If that list is to be believed, here are the top ten best supplied Targets in MN for Wiis. There appear to only be 9 stores in the country geting 210. I guess Apple Valley hit the jackpot. I would guess you could just show up whenever on the 19th and get one with numbers like these.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I made note of that about the AV store a couple of days ago in disbelief

[quote name='Neo']When is the Roseville GameStop getting Gears of War in? I've been told 4 different times in the past 2 weeks, lol.[/QUOTE]
they will have it on wed the 8th

The whole country is getting Gears of War on the 7th tomorrow except for us, this is ****ing ridiculous.

Just called both of my GameStops, they both said the 8th around Noon. Thanks GameStop for slacking off and treating this like some normal release. They do the same-day release stuff for garbage like Madden and Final Fantasy every year.

I have it paid off already there, but I may try to find the game somewhere else that actually is going to put some effort into getting the game. I'm sure GameStop will do 3-day shipping on the $200 HD-DVD player too, so I'll have to wait forever for that too just like the Camera and Wireless headset.

I've been taking my lunch break VG strolls (play demos, browse) at the Midway GameStop (in St.P) just to try something different, and I'd like to note how friendly the guys are who work there. They're always willing to chat, they're very open about things, and they don't employ the hardsell tactics I've seen at other GSs.

I saw one of the guys there talk somebody out of buying a game (Catwoman), which seemed to me quite a humanitarian gesture and sold me on visiting the Midway GS more often.

The only thing I don't like about the place is that they won't fix their damn demos, which is 50% of the reason I burn an occasional lunch break on pissing around in VG stores. Though maybe they're "broke" to prevent loitering. I dunno.

Anyway, good people at the Midway GS. At least the ones I've run into. If you've got questions about pre-orders, supply, etc, they seem more knowledgeable than the avg. VG store employee (and more willing to discuss things).

I've never been to the Midway GS. I frequent the Eagan and West St. Paul stores since they're near my home and work. Apart from a copy of Dark Cloud 2 that wouldn't play, I've always had good experiences there.

I was at the Eagan GS during the most recent buy 2 get 1 sale. The guy who helped me went through five copies of Rachet and Clank UYA looking for the one in the best condition for me. I thought that was really thoughtfull.

I'm usually a little to grossed out by the demos to touch those controllers. Do they have Wii demos yet? I haven't been in one lately.

Any one here have any ideas on where a good area would be to line up early for a ps3 and how early? Anyone that lined up for a 360? would 5 to 8 hrs be early enough or too early?

[quote name='Neo']The whole country is getting Gears of War on the 7th tomorrow except for us, this is ****ing ridiculous.

Just called both of my GameStops, they both said the 8th around Noon. Thanks GameStop for slacking off and treating this like some normal release. They do the same-day release stuff for garbage like Madden and Final Fantasy every year.

I have it paid off already there, but I may try to find the game somewhere else that actually is going to put some effort into getting the game. I'm sure GameStop will do 3-day shipping on the $200 HD-DVD player too, so I'll have to wait forever for that too just like the Camera and Wireless headset.[/quote]

We are all fucked! GS/EB can rape us. The whole country has been fucked over by FedEx shipping. Check the xbox360 discussion.

Just got off the phone with EB/GS Midway (St. Paul)- not getting them in until the store opens tomorrow. Oh, well. At least I won't be tempted by all the UE3 goodness while I'm writing my 8-page history paper.

I'm making a list of Target/Walmart/Toys R Us/Best Buy stores near me with their expected inventory stock of the Wii, location, and phone numbers all around my area so I can drive around and make a lot of calls and know exactly where I'm going. Last time when the DS Lites were selling early it was messy so I want to make it easier.

It seems all Gamestop/Gamecrazy stores in MN sold out all of their quantities in pre-orders. Are there any stores besides the ones I mentioned in MN that might get them? Sam Goody? Any small stores that no one knows about? :p
Send me an email if you want to keep it private and I will do the same.
nirv (at) qwest.net

[quote name='billyG']Any one here have any ideas on where a good area would be to line up early for a ps3 and how early? Anyone that lined up for a 360? would 5 to 8 hrs be early enough or too early?[/QUOTE]

A lot will depend on the weather but I think once school lets out on Thursday lines will start to form for the midnight sales at least. The 360 launch was pretty cold but I was in Brainerd at the time and managed to walk into a Walmart and pick one up.
I'm going to try Walmart at about 2:00 in the afternoon (10 hour wait). Of course I thought Showing up at 5 or 6 a.m. would be soon enough for the Toys R Us pre-sale.
If Apple Valley Target is really getting 210 Wiis does anyone think they might get a larger allotment of PS3s as well?

[quote name='angsto2']
If Apple Valley Target is really getting 210 Wiis does anyone think they might get a larger allotment of PS3s as well?[/QUOTE]
Haha. Highly doubtful.

You PS3 campers need to band together and pool resources. You've got a tough road ahead: supplies are low, demand is high, and the weather is cold.

Good luck, suckas!
:lol:

I saw at least 20 people camping at the Apple Valley Best Buy on Wednesday night. They had tents and lots of blaze orange and cammo. They will need it.:cold: Apparently the AV Target will let people start lining up at 5PM on Thursday if I heard the guy in electronics right. I saw a good five people asking about PS3 while I was in Target. I almost want to go and watch just to see how crazy it is going to be.

I'm thinking I might try and pick up my PS3 around.... Memorial Day. Maybe.:roll:

Anyone around the Northtown area who isn't already in line at any of the major stores then forget about going. I checked out BBY, Target, and Wallyworld and they are all spoken for.

But I did manage to score the last Cities 97 sampler at Target at 9 AM no less... SCORE!!!!!

People camping around St Louis Park and Ridgedale as well, though the new Super Target on Hwy 7 has no one camping.

Still can't believe people are camping for PS3's.

Especially given the recent reports of the bugs with the PS3... but hey who am I to judge right?

I wouldn't be surprised if that Super Target is either not letting people camp, or are letting them stay inside.

Do we have any insider (or well connected) CAGs with info on Wii stock quantites for Metro area BBYs, TRUs, or Wal-Marts? I've got the stock numbers for the area Targets, but I was wanting a back-up in case something falls through.

What about non-GameStop midnight openings? I've heard that Wal-Marts will be opening at midnight (though I find it hard to believe that all of them will be doing that). And the TRU in Minnetonka will be opening at midnight. Is there anything else?

I went from planning on being a cool daddy sometime Sunday morning and sauntering in to claim my Wii, but now I'm pretty sure that I'm going to be peeking in somewhere shortly after midnight. I'm such a pushover.

[quote name='MF Dagger']Hudson wal-mart is open 24 hours a day.[/QUOTE]
I can't find an address for a store in Hudson in Wal-mart's store locator.

What's the address for this store?

anyonte think going at 11 to the 1 tru that has 80 wiis and opens at midnight will be fine? don't relly get the impresion that there will be long lines for the wii

bread's done
Back