Minnesota Deals Topic

gameguy22006

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Thought I'd go ahead and create a topic for Minnesota. As usual, be sure to include specific info such as the store's location when posting a deal (and of course, information about the deal itself). Enjoy! :)

billy - doesn't sound too promising at the moment. Just called the store trying to find out how many they were getting and they wouldn't give a number but said about 75 people were already in line.

Might head up to the Maple Grove Wal*Mart instead. Otherwise it looks like I'm trekking around from store-to-store in the morning.

[quote name='DualD']billy - doesn't sound too promising at the moment. Just called the store trying to find out how many they were getting and they wouldn't give a number but said about 75 people were already in line.

Might head up to the Maple Grove Wal*Mart instead. Otherwise it looks like I'm trekking around from store-to-store in the morning.[/QUOTE]
http://www.ps3seeker.com/wii
This link shows that the only Midnight Opening is at the Minnetonka TRU.

Can anyone provide more solid info on the possibility of other midnight openings in MN?

[quote name='dothog']http://www.ps3seeker.com/wii
This link shows that the only Midnight Opening is at the Minnetonka TRU.

Can anyone provide more solid info on the possibility of other midnight openings in MN?[/QUOTE]
curious why that is, most walmarts are open 24 hrs, any reason why they wouldn't be on sale at midnight??

The Maple Grove Wal*Mart is selling theirs at Midnight, so I'd assume the others will as well.

But the bad news is that they got 20 systems and there are already 20 people in line.

I drove all around the northeast and east metro area this morning.

If you didn't wait in a line, you didn't get a Wii. I didn't wait in a line--I just figured that people would forget about the non-Best Buy/Target places. So I'm waiting for now.

EDIT: If any CAGs know of restocks in any metro locations, please be a buddy and share the intel.

[quote name='dothog']I drove all around the northeast and east metro area this morning.

If you didn't wait in a line, you didn't get a Wii. I didn't wait in a line--I just figured that people would forget about the non-Best Buy/Target places. So I'm waiting for now.

EDIT: If any CAGs know of restocks in any metro locations, please be a buddy and share the intel.[/QUOTE]
gamestops are getting more this week but are forced to hold them until black friday

[quote name='toastapley']gamestops are getting more this week but are forced to hold them until black friday[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I believe the same is true of Wal-marts. Every single Wal-mart I've been to hasn't even had display room set out for the Wii console yet. I asked one dude at the Maple Grove 24 hr walmart early this morning about the Wii, and he said that they weren't shelving anything until just before Friday.

Targets in the area sound like they're waiting on stock and may shelve it before Friday. I'm going at 10 to check a BBY, CC, and TRU, as the internets are alive with rumors of a phantom shipment for Tuesday. We'll see.

EDIT: From talking with a few friendly salespeople and one manager between BBY, CC, and TRU, I get the impression that BBY and TRU aren't shelving fuckall until Friday. There's a chance CC may shelve whatever gets delivered to them as soon as it gets there. These are all from the impressions of people who either 1) haven't seen a Wii since launch know about as much as we do or 2) pass unsold Wiis on their way to the break room knowing that they won't see the sales floor until Friday.

[quote name='tyecko']any truth to the rumor gamestops or eb's are getting more on black friday?[/QUOTE]
all gamestops will have more on friday. unfortunately they will each only have 6. roseville will have 7 and a few others will have 9.

Sorry I didn't have time to post this until now, but two different Target employees told me that they heard that the Minneapolis Target (I'm assuming that means the one downtown) put a bunch of Wiis on the shelf yesterday. Just putting that out there for those of you who are Wiiless and don't feel like waiting until Friday.

I am so happy I got 3 wii's lol. Good luck looking I know each Best Buy should have around 30. The one I camped at got 72 in but only sold 45 at launch. Held the rest for BF

[quote name='gwaki']I am so happy I got 3 wii's lol. Good luck looking I know each Best Buy should have around 30. The one I camped at got 72 in but only sold 45 at launch. Held the rest for BF[/QUOTE]

Why do you need 3 Wii's exactly for?

[quote name='Demolition Man']Why do you need 3 Wii's exactly for?[/QUOTE]
Good question. I got my Wii a few days ago from an acquaintence in the area with this mindset. I guilted him into selling me the Wii for cost (I gave him my used copy of LEGO Star Wars II for the 360 game for incentive, so I guess it was a little over cost), so in the end he did the right thing--from my perspective at least.

It's funny to look at craigslist and see all the panic sells come in as Black Friday approaches. They were starting at 450 on Monday and now they're at 300. I offered a number of people 295 on Monday and about 50% of them have written me back, saying, "My buyer backed out, are you still interested in buying at that price?"

I still can't believe how many Wiis retailers moved on the launch day. Nintendo really had a lot of the media and a few big retailers (TRU in particular) on their side with the Wii.

I feel bad for those of you who are going to have to stand in line with the crazy moms tomorrow morning to get your Wii, but I'm confident that all of you will get one tomorrow, even if you don't stand in line. You may have to do some driving, but it seems like between BB, CC, TRU, and the EBGames/GameStops alone, there were a lot of Wiis being withheld from the shelf between Monday and Thursday. I doubt EB will have much of a crunch at their 7 AM open, and I am positive that they have decent stock at each store (well, two managers told me they did--they could have been right about their store only). In any case, good luck!

just got back from walmart in elk river was there at about 12:45 a.m. they had a bunch of wiimotes and nunchucks (about 15 or so of each) and a few classic controllers as well, if anyone is still looking for them.. no systems however, guy told me they haven't had any since launch.

How's everyone's Wii hunt going? Though I landed mine, I've been keeping an eye out at a few retailers to maybe get a few as x-mas presents for people. I have yet to see a single console on a retailer's shelf.

[quote name='dothog']How's everyone's Wii hunt going? Though I landed mine, I've been keeping an eye out at a few retailers to maybe get a few as x-mas presents for people. I have yet to see a single console on a retailer's shelf.[/QUOTE]
left quite early this morning and scoped out 5 or 6 best buys for campers, wasn't willing to sit in cold ass weather for 3 hours so i wasted a bunch of time. Then I got to the brooklyn center bestbuy at about 8:45 and almost drove away since there was about 20 - 25 people there, then i said f' it i can sit here for a hour just in case. As i was walking up some of the people in the line were yelling some number at me. Turns out the first people in line there was like four familys of four and they were only getting 1 system per family.. 15 minutes later the manager guy walks out and I got a voucher baby!!

Drove by richfield BB at about 8 to 8:15 or so and it looked like there was at least 50 or 60 people in line.. People were at maple grove and northtown before 5 a.m.

I'm having terrible trouble finding a Wii. I'm in Hastings and as far as I can tell we have totally gotten shafted on Wii resupplies. The only place around that has had any since launch is Best Buy but because they held them till sunday morning it was impossible for me to get one there. Anybody seen any in the area?

[quote name='Erikph2']Forty-five Wii's received at the Southtown Target (78th and Penn) at lunch today (noon).[/QUOTE]

I just called and they said they didn't have any in but they would have some on Sunday. Are they holding on to them till then?

Just got back from the east Saint Paul target. They had wiis in today but sold out about an hour before I got there. Did all targets get a wii shipment today?

[quote name='switters']Just got back from the east Saint Paul target. They had wiis in today but sold out about an hour before I got there. Did all targets get a wii shipment today?[/QUOTE]
I dunno, there seems to be quite a few listed on craiglist in our area right now...

Doh! Of all the days to not stop into target at lunch! By the time I got there they had sold through their entire stock, but the guy at the counter said that they were supposed to have held them till sunday so other targets in the area would have them then.

i have a buddy that works at target and he said they all held at least a few for the ad on sunday. gamestop will not be getting any this week for sure.

I'm thinking about it. I think I've already lost my dignity by waiting in line and not getting one at launch, black friday or last sunday. Maybe I'll get to a store more than an hour before opening this time!

By the way, can anyone confirm any numbers of wiis that any stores will be getting tomorrow. Between CC, BB, TRU, Target and Walmart, I'm not sure where I'll try and find one. Any info would be much appreciated.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Okay.... who's gonna be standing in line for their Wii this Sunday? Let's confess up now....[/QUOTE]

Oh god I had to sleep outside Edina Best Buy last week to get mine. The Wii crazyness is out of control.

I still can't find any other controllers either.

[quote name='dbiersdorf']Oh god I had to sleep outside Edina Best Buy last week to get mine. The Wii crazyness is out of control.

I still can't find any other controllers either.[/QUOTE]
gamestop is getting nunchuks this week

I need to read through this.
I'm coming down to Minnesota to see the Vikings play on the 31st (my Birthday).
Anybody know good deals at the Mall of America?

[quote name='Azumangaman']
Anybody know good deals at the Mall of America?[/QUOTE]

Good deals at the mall of america? Is there such a thing?

[quote name='Azumangaman']I need to read through this.
I'm coming down to Minnesota to see the Vikings play on the 31st (my Birthday).
Anybody know good deals at the Mall of America?[/QUOTE]

Umm, admission's free? That's about the best deal you'll get out there.

If anyone is looking to pick up the advertised DK Jungle beat plus two sets of Bongos at Gamestop/EB for 14.99, Gamestop in woodbury had a ton of the this morning. I walked out with DK junglebeat, donkey konga 2 and two sets of bongos for 27.03 after tax.

I got up about 6:00am Sunday and got in line at the Inver Grove BB about 6:30. I had driven past the store about 1:00am and there were already half a dozen people waiting, so I knew my chances weren't good. They had 18 systems. I was probably 28th or so in line.

I drove straight over to the Game Stop next door where there was no one in line, but they weren't opening until 10:00. As I was pulling away three more cars drove in behind me and a kid flagged me down. I told him he could be first in line if he wanted to wait three hours. He seemed like that was exactly what he was going to do, and he was pretty excited about it. Hopefully his mom let him stay.

Also, there are a lot of desperate parents out there. Really a lot of really desperate parents.

Please do. Unless it's Saturday, I might have a chance. What city are you at toastapley? Are you a GS employee?

Feel free to plead the fifth if necessary...

i can help in lino lakes, brookdale, hilltop or roseville and probably help in maplewood or coon rapids. i'm not sure what day they are gonna be there so i will post as soon as i know. check back often because sometimes i only know a day ahead of time.

[quote name='toastapley']anyone still looking for a wii or ps3?[/QUOTE]

looking for a ps3? too funny? Look at craigslist, there's a ton available. Heck, I've got a 20GB I can't sell at cost.

yea, I want a Wii too.

Anyone know where can find Wiimotes or nunchucks? I've been all over the east metro and haven't seen any recently.

anyone looking for a wii or controllers txt me at 763-639-9419 so i have your #. i will let you know when and where they will be available as soon as i know. this is the best way i can think of to keep ppl updated

[quote name='switters']Anyone know where can find Wiimotes or nunchucks? I've been all over the east metro and haven't seen any recently.[/quote]

I have a few extra wiimotes. PM me if interested, I am in Woodbury

Has anyone locally been able to find a copy of Fatal Frame III (PS2) at Toys R Us? (It's marked down to $9.98.) I tried Burnsville and they were already sold out.

bread's done
Back