Minnesota Deals Topic

gameguy22006

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Thought I'd go ahead and create a topic for Minnesota. As usual, be sure to include specific info such as the store's location when posting a deal (and of course, information about the deal itself). Enjoy! :)

[quote name='switters']Anyone know where can find Wiimotes or nunchucks? I've been all over the east metro and haven't seen any recently.[/QUOTE]

Saw at least 25 nunchuks at the Richfield BB today.

Hello, I'm new to CAG, been reading for a few weeks but just recently started posting.

I've found the community here to be a really great bunch of people, and I wanted to introduce myself in my state's thread.

So.... hi, nice to meet you. I'm 25, live in Eagan, and have been a gamer since age 6.

I'll keep my eyes open for Wiis in the wild... Local deals.. and all that fun stuff to share with you guys -- I've saved a bunch of money by getting things via deals I read about here, and I'd like to try to return the favor.

Err.. as an unrelated note, I won't be able to make it to TRU for the day after Xmas sale, and would LOVE to get a copy of altelier iris 2.

if anyone needs wii accessories, gamestops got them today. if you need a wii, i can help probably tues or wed so let me know asap

Has anyone had any luck locally with the TRU clearance? I'm hoping to hit Burnsville, but it probably won't be until Thurs or Fri, and I'm guessing they'll be cleaned out. I'm mainly looking for Grandia III, and maybe Lenneth. Just curious if anyone found anything there.

The Northtown location is picked clean... unless if you badly want Namco Museum or Pac Man whatever for the GBA. They had at least 50 of each there in a bin.

I tried posting this earlier but the server crashed. I saw 2 60GB PS3s at the Kmart near Burnsville Center around 1:00pm Thursday. They also had a few copies of WarioWare Touched (still 34.99) in the case.

Burnsville TRU was pretty cleaned out. Did see 1 copy of Chibi-Robo on the shelf and one beat up copy of Odama in the case. No Grandia III.

Thanks for the Northtown update Demolition Man. I used to live up there about 10 years ago. Still check it out every once in awhile when I visit my folks.

I was surprised to see that the Midway Wal-Mart in Saint Paul had a couple PS3s in stock. I guess they really are on shelves now. Hope a CAG who's jonesing for a PS3 gets a chance to claim one of them.

it seems like the hunt is very much still on for the Wii and PS3 in the great northern state...i actually work in the music/movies/games department in Circuit City in Maple Grove (the new one).

they don't really tell us much regarding the shipment schedule about this stuff, and the answer i give every person who calls (at least one person every 4 seconds calls), is that we have no idea when they come in until the truck shows up and the warehouse guys open the boxes up. even then, we've gotton shipments before that i'm not told about or i dont find out about them until the next day. it's like management shoves them into the cage in back and runs around with this little secret that the peasents aren't supposed to know about. damn, i hate working there. sorry, that was off topic.

anyway, just some information about that, but i swear, if i hear anything ahead of time, i will let you guys know.

[quote name='dothog']I was surprised to see that the Midway Wal-Mart in Saint Paul had a couple PS3s in stock. I guess they really are on shelves now. Hope a CAG who's jonesing for a PS3 gets a chance to claim one of them.[/QUOTE]
Well they should now that e-bay offers no profit for them.

I hit Maple Grove, Coon Rapids, Rogers Target yesterday, and they all had at least one PS3 on the shelf. I hit two Wal Marts and each had two PS3's on the shelf (yesterday night) all were 60gig.

I guess the demand is slowing down? Not sure, but I finally got mine.

Just wondering if anyone has seen any Wii component cables around. Supposedly the psyclone cables are at Walmart, but not at the Woodbury store near where I live.

Doc

Has anyone else noticed that the customer service at local TRUs is just terrible? I think some of these people may have broken brains or something.

[quote name='nasum']Has anyone else noticed that the customer service at local TRUs is just terrible? I think some of these people may have broken brains or something.[/QUOTE]

No matter what TRU can't be as bad as... K-Mart. If you don't believe me go into the Northtown K-Mart sometime. Good luck getting ANY service in there at all.

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']there are about 7 60gb PS3s at the maple grove circuit city if anybody is interested. (probably not, but just throwing it out there)[/QUOTE]

Now hook me up with a Wii. ;)

[quote name='Demolition Man']The Northtown location is picked clean... unless if you badly want Namco Museum or Pac Man whatever for the GBA. They had at least 50 of each there in a bin.[/QUOTE]

Not quite, there's a few gems left.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Okay I forgot about the PS2 demo discs in there. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Nah, you gotta check the shelves that bin was shitty but there was some decent stuff still sitting on the shelves.

[quote name='Demolition Man']No matter what TRU can't be as bad as... K-Mart. If you don't believe me go into the Northtown K-Mart sometime. Good luck getting ANY service in there at all.[/QUOTE]

Is that the one on Lake and fairly close to 55?
That place is a mess, everytime you go in there there's merchandise all over the floor, employees yapping on their cells, customers making "deals" etc... What a horrible place.

Just wondering if anyone has seen any Wii component cables around. Supposedly the psyclone cables are at Walmart, but not at the Woodbury store near where I live.

Doc

I'm not sure about right now, as I bought my cables a week and a half before christmas, but I found my psyclone Wii component cables at Best Buy, so you could check there too.

Also, I was at the Ridgedale Target last Thurs. (12/28) and they had what looked like about 6-8 Wii's in stock. Again, not sure on the current status, but hope that helps some.

Sorry for the not very recent sightings, I only found out about this site yesterday! :p

[quote name='nasum']Is that the one on Lake and fairly close to 55?
That place is a mess, everytime you go in there there's merchandise all over the floor, employees yapping on their cells, customers making "deals" etc... What a horrible place.[/QUOTE]

No its not as Northtown Mall = Blaine/Coon Rapids area. But your pretty accurate on the rest of that. Hell, that sums up just about every K-Mart I've ever been into.

The K-Mart by Northtown is a living hell. What's funny is that I felt the same way when I was going there 30 years ago.

The K-Mart in Anoka off Highway 10 is really nice (for a Kmart) -- but completely empty. No shoppers and no employees. Finding an employee who can open the game case is next to impossible, but I was able to get Donkey Konga II and Half Life 2 for the Xbox for $7.00 total, so no complaints.

The K-Mart on Robert street is the same way, tidy but a ghost town. I went in on the Sun. before Christmas to see if they had any Wii, having read here that K-marts were getting a shipment, and a nice lady in the Electronics section told me that they got two (2!) on launch day and hadn't had any since.

So, anyone see any Wii in the wild lately? Forgive me if you're sick of people asking that. I'm always curious how the hunt is going. I'm still pondering whether I'm fiscally ready for one yet.

My Wii sightings are as follows:

Two times, at two different stores, I saw a single controller for sale. That's it. I'm not going out of my way to find one, but every store I go to, I check.

Good for Nintendo, I suppose, but bad for non-diehard consumers like myself who were promised the Wii would be plentiful before and after the holiday season.

So, anyone see any Wii in the wild lately? Forgive me if you're sick of people asking that. I'm always curious how the hunt is going. I'm still pondering whether I'm fiscally ready for one yet.

Not a sighting, so much as a story of how bad it still is - I've been swinging through the downtown Target in the mornings in the hopes of catching one, since I'd really like to play the four Wii games I already own (long story).

The signage had been disturbed, so I asked - the guy said they'd gotten six of them in Wednesday around 12:30, and sold them in five minutes to a line of people who somehow knew they were gonna be there.

I got a set of the Psyclone Wii componant cables from the Eagan Walmart (just off of Yankee Doodle/35E) yesterday. There were at least 6 of them.

Which BB/CC has the best customer service of the surrounding suburbs of St. Paul (ie Roseville, Oakdale, Maplewood, Woodbury)? Or better yet, if you actually know the highest ranked regional store, that would be great.

After my unfortunate incident with a 2month old X360 I'm taking my business to a store with better customer service and better warranty plans. I was actually told by the employee to go to three other specific stores since they didn't have one in stock to exchange and also gave me a full refund with no restock fee :p (store to remain anonymous).

[quote name='inubu']The K-Mart by Northtown is a living hell. What's funny is that I felt the same way when I was going there 30 years ago.[/quote]

That K-Mart has the feeling of a cheap trashy downtown hooker.

The K-Mart in Anoka off Highway 10 is really nice (for a Kmart) -- but completely empty. No shoppers and no employees. Finding an employee who can open the game case is next to impossible, but I was able to get Donkey Konga II and Half Life 2 for the Xbox for $7.00 total, so no complaints.

:lol: I should call my ex-fiance up right now and tell her what you wrote. She thinks her K-Mart (the Anoka one) is all that. Personally while its slightly better than Northtown... I would rather be caught in the Northtown Walmart late Saturday afternoon than either one of those.

Try going in the Northtown Walmart late Saturday sometime... trust me, you'll see what I mean.

[quote name='billyG']best buys have ps3's anywhere?[/QUOTE]

You know you could always call and ask them. Then again that's if you can get anyone to answer a phone. ;)

[quote name='Rihan']Why the hell would you want one?[/quote]

Hey now. Let's keep it civil here.

Maybe he want's to play Guitar Hero or FFXII? ;)

Itrackr says there's PS3s all over, but that doesn't include Best Buy.

If you are on the western side of the state, they are all over the Fargo/Moorhead area. I would imagine the same would apply most everywhere else. Heck, Walmart doesn't even have them in the display case, they just threw them out on an endcap.

[quote name='Rihan']If you are on the western side of the state, they are all over the Fargo/Moorhead area. I would imagine the same would apply most everywhere else. Heck, Walmart doesn't even have them in the display case, they just threw them out on an endcap.[/quote]

And the big stack of 360s near the counters at the Maplewood BB went down half in size since Christmas when I went there on Monday.

Quite a shithole they (ps3) are in.

[quote name='Rihan']If you are on the western side of the state, they are all over the Fargo/Moorhead area. I would imagine the same would apply most everywhere else. Heck, Walmart doesn't even have them in the display case, they just threw them out on an endcap.[/QUOTE]

I was on an HD-DVD add-on hunt Monday night, and every Circuit City within ten miles of Minneapolis had at least two PS3s. I think the Best Buy in Bloomington had them as well, but I don't remember for sure.

[quote name='defiance_17']I was on an HD-DVD add-on hunt Monday night, and every Circuit City within ten miles of Minneapolis had at least two PS3s. I think the Best Buy in Bloomington had them as well, but I don't remember for sure.[/QUOTE]
Supposedly the richfield gamestop, west st. paul gamestop and the apple valley ebgames all have used HD-DVD players for 149.99

[quote name='billyG']Supposedly the richfield gamestop, west st. paul gamestop and the apple valley ebgames all have used HD-DVD players for 149.99[/QUOTE]

I had a $40 off any purchase over $199 coupon from CC, so I just went that route. After tax, it was only $170, and it came with King Kong and the Media Remote--for me, it was a better deal to buy new (even considering the More Card). Thanks, though.

[quote name='nasum']Bloomington TRU has two 60GB PS3s, didn't see any at Minnetonka but I didn't look either.[/QUOTE]

Only 2? Hell, the Target over there has like 12. PS3s are so easy to find it isn't even funny.

[quote name='Nogib']Only 2? Hell, the Target over there has like 12. PS3s are so easy to find it isn't even funny.[/QUOTE]

You're not kidding, EB downtown had a stack of them. Downtown Target had a bunch too.

The Cliff Rd Eagan Target has the standard version of Lost Planet out in the case already if anyone's looking to score it early (not very early, admitedly.) But the shelf tag said "Eragon", so I don't know if it's ringing up yet or not. They also had at least 3 60 GB PS3s in the case and 1 20 GB.

[quote name='tekkenlaw']There was 1 60gb at best buy in minnestonka.[/QUOTE]

Only 1? Slackers. Sounds like they're getting lazy with their ordering.

bread's done
Back