most broken fighters out there?

CaoPi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
144 (100%)
If you play fighters no not something like smash bros! no offense I gotta go with marvel vs capcom 2. Out of over 56 characters Cable,sentinel, magneto, storm says it all...

Given that a retarded monkey playing a mediocre player or below can get a 200 hit combo with Cable, Iron Man, and War Machine, yeah, I'd say it's broken.

[quote name='CaoPi']If you play fighters no not something like smash bros! no offense I gotta go with marvel vs capcom 2. Out of over 56 characters Cable,sentinel, magneto, storm says it all...[/QUOTE]

Commas and grammar are your friend. Don't forget this.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']If MVC2 is so broken, then how come its so valueable out in the market.[/QUOTE]

Just because it is broken doesn't mean it isn't a hell of a lot of fun.

MvC2 isn't the most broken fighter out there, it's really not even that bad. There are 6ish Top-tier characters, and another 6ish that aren't used in tourneys much but are equally as abusable and winnable (I speaking mostly of the top-tier from 2 years ago, which had over 10 people in it, and has since been limited). So when you look at the percentage, ~12/56 looks fairly broken, but you still have 12 characters to pick from! 12 completely usable characters isn't bad at all (not many fighters have that), and it certainly doesn't make for broken.

If anything, MvC1 is more broken than 2.

Going down the list MSHvSF is worse. Top tier = Wolverine.

XvSF is kind of a push. The engine is in shambles, since everybody has at least 2 infinites. It kind of makes everybody equal in a sense, but not in a positive sense. It pretty much boils down to the winner being the person who manages to land the first hit.

[quote name='munch']Commas and grammar are your friend. Don't forget this.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking about something the other day. My English teacher, a few family members, and a handful of message board posters all complain about people using bad grammar and punctuation. The whole point of the English language, or any language for that matter, is to convey your message to other people who speak the same language. So if someone doesn't capitalize a word or forgets a comma and you still understant what they're trying to say then what they said worked, right?

I'm sorry this is off topic, and I'm not trying to be rude, but in this digital age of typing and people figuring out shorthanded style writing, I feel that English can be broken down, as long as your message is properly conveyed.

Yes, MvC2 is unbalanced, but the game is still incredibly fun. It's one of the best fighters. I'm gonna have to think about this one...

[quote name='bil4ltool']I was thinking about something the other day. My English teacher, a few family members, and a handful of message board posters all complain about people using bad grammar and punctuation. The whole point of the English language, or any language for that matter, is to convey your message to other people who speak the same language. So if someone doesn't capitalize a word or forgets a comma and you still understant what they're trying to say then what they said worked, right?

I'm sorry this is off topic, and I'm not trying to be rude, but in this digital age of typing and people figuring out shorthanded style writing, I feel that English can be broken down, as long as your message is properly conveyed.[/QUOTE]

I actually disagree. Even if you can read what the person wrote, they lose authority by showing either 1) not enough interest to look at what they wrote 2) not enough intellligence to understand how what they wrote is incorrect. Of two arguments with identical intent/meaning, the more easy to understand will always be superior.

Bushido Blade 2.

Sure, its fun as hell to nail someone in the head with a tomahawk, but the hit detection makes the same attacks either leathal or useless depending on... the wind?

[quote name='masterh']Pit Fighter was sort of broken.[/QUOTE]

.....replace "sort of" with "totally" and we have a winner.

What was the name of that awful N64 fighter?....WarGods???

[quote name='Kayden']Battle Arena Toshinden 4.... any game that lets you fight as Michael Jackson just isn't right...[/QUOTE]

I thought there was only three Battle Arena Toshindens.

I was thinking of games that people play at competition level (tournaments). There's no competition for games like Rise of robots or pit fighter.

pretty much all B-list fighters are broken (War gods, mortal kombat, rise of the robots, bloodstorm, time killers, toshinden etc.) and some popular ones are too.

i mean, there's ways to cheese out in every game.

MvC2 isn't broken. Those who think they have to use the god 4 to win haven't played enough and obviously don't understand the game. Sure, yes most tournament players use the god 4, but there are tons of characters in Top and Mid that are usable and amazingly fun to play. I've beat a Capcom/Storm/Cable team with something like Capcom/Akuma/Iceman or other variations. Play more, and the game opens it's possibilities to you.

[quote name='Kain Vincent']I thought there was only three Battle Arena Toshindens.[/QUOTE]

I guess you're right... but still

[quote name='onetrackmind']apossum, you wanker clear out your PM box![/QUOTE]

O, WAYNKER M I?

(cleared it out) :)

[quote name='Kain Vincent']I thought there was only three Battle Arena Toshindens.[/QUOTE]

Actually 4. The fourth is "Battle Arena Toshinden Subaru". It doesn't have the Michael Jackson dude from 3 though and is probobly the worst game ever made. Even if you're the biggest Toshinden fan in the world, Subaru will make you hate life.

[quote name='MarkMan']I agree it's one of the worst balanced games... Only a handful of the characters are even used in tournament play.[/QUOTE]

Hell look at GGXX. How many people use anything other than Eddie in tourneys. Im not saying its MvC2 broken, but character use in tourneys is only 2 or 3 chars.

I've seen more than my fair share of non-Eddie tourney players. The way you can bust out loops though kind of sucks. Then again, if you know about them and let yourself get caught in them, oh well.

No one's mentioned any KoF game yet. *waits*

[quote name='Amano']I've seen more than my fair share of non-Eddie tourney players. The way you can bust out loops though kind of sucks. Then again, if you know about them and let yourself get caught in them, oh well.

No one's mentioned any KoF game yet. *waits*[/QUOTE]

Duo Lon

happy?

[quote name='WebSlinger69']MvC2 isn't broken. Those who think they have to use the god 4 to win haven't played enough and obviously don't understand the game. Sure, yes most tournament players use the god 4, but there are tons of characters in Top and Mid that are usable and amazingly fun to play. I've beat a Capcom/Storm/Cable team with something like Capcom/Akuma/Iceman or other variations. Play more, and the game opens it's possibilities to you.[/QUOTE]

so you beat some scrub trying to play with tiers with a team of other cheesy characters and a crappy one. it still doesnt prove the game isnt broken. glitch jugernaut and call his assist and itll take out 1/4 of anyones health. sentinel is a bitch in the air and his flight cancelling is his way out of anything. its a broken game.

bread's done
Back