move question

So there is the three move parts:
Move controller
Eye camera
Navigationcontroller.

My question is whaat is the navigation controller necesary for? The game budle for 100 comes with the move and eye but no navigation,the otherbundle is the move and nav but no eye....

So what is it for?like a wii nunchuck for limited use on few titles or i s it a necessary addition for full move play? Also are there any good deals for it now?

[quote name='chrislisting']So there is the three move parts:
Move controller
Eye camera
Navigationcontroller.

My question is whaat is the navigation controller necesary for? The game budle for 100 comes with the move and eye but no navigation,the otherbundle is the move and nav but no eye....

So what is it for?like a wii nunchuck for limited use on few titles or i s it a necessary addition for full move play? Also are there any good deals for it now?[/QUOTE]
As far as I am aware, it's only necessary for a few titles right now.

You can always just use a DS3 as the Nav controller if a game needs it and you don't have one. It may be awkward(don't have one) but the Nav controller has all the function of the left side of a DS3.

If you're a lefty though, you may have issues.

really the dualshock is the same thing?

now that i think about it ur probably right, it has motion sensing....

so the navigation is just a nice $30 marketing ploy huh?

[quote name='chrislisting'],the otherbundle is the move and nav but no eye....
[/QUOTE]
Where is there a move+nav bundle available?

You definitely need the Eye and the Move controller, the nav. is completely optional, however, is "required" by some games but you can use your DS3 instead. However, it's not always as comfortable which is why people buy the nav.

You'll end up needing two Move controllers before you'll need a Nav controller. But, yes, the Nav is only needed for the more hardcore games while just the Move itself is all that's needed for 90% of the games that support it right now.

Oh, and I couldn't recommend using the DS3 in place of the Nav, it just feels weird and is a bit of a pain to try an get used to.

ok so then ill just get the eye+move+game bundle and use the ds3, especially cuz i have two and one is just sittin there in the box brand new.........

and i saw the nav+move either on amazon or gamestop

[quote name='2DMention']Can the Move's camera be used for Eye of Judgement?[/QUOTE]

they're the same thing.

i think the nav controller might help with the FPS it was a bit awkward playing MAG with the move/DS# combo the ds3 works well with heavy rain however

The Nav makes playing RE5 as fantastic as RE4 on the Wii. It's not as ergonomically correct, but 1000 times better than holding a DS3.

Speaking of the Nav, mine didn't come with a wrist strap even though it has the wrist strap hole. Did anyone else's come with a strap? I'm just curious.

The problem with substituting the DS for the nav controller is that you're forced to hold the move in your right hand and DS in your left. It doesn't support using the right half of the DS for us lefties that like to use the move in our left hand.

^ yea, but how good are you at working a d-pad / analog with your right hand?

For sports, and party style games, I can understand the left hand approach, but for RE5, or MAG or something, it just make sense to use your right hand.

I'm left handed too- and Zelda broke me of thinking I needed to hold motion controls different from anyone else.

[quote name='bmulligan']The Nav makes playing RE5 as fantastic as RE4 on the Wii. It's not as ergonomically correct, but 1000 times better than holding a DS3.

Speaking of the Nav, mine didn't come with a wrist strap even though it has the wrist strap hole. Did anyone else's come with a strap? I'm just curious.[/QUOTE]

It works really well with RE5 - the only game I've used the nav with so far. But I also agree with what everyone else says with trying some similar games with the DS3 first, then make a decision. (I have two wands but no nav yet).

I've actually been having trouble finding a Nav and might have to order one soon...

bread's done
Back