MS Live.com Search Cashback program - 25% Cashback @ eBay

fwacce

CAGiversary!
Already on every other board. Should be here as well.

just noticed this while doing a search on live.com for the wii... basically eBay is giving 35% off pretty much anything on their site (only Buy It Now w/ PayPal items) through a Microsoft CashBack program. this is huge... you can get up to $250 back. i just bought a roomba and got $100 off.

here's where i found the 35% off: http://search.live.com/results.aspx?q=nintendo+wii&form=QBRE ... not sure if they have higher % off in other places?

here are the terms and conditions on eBay's site: http://pages.ebay.com/cashbackoffer/terms.html
looks like you can do this up to 3 times.
Would be a great use on a PS3 with some games. You can get up to $750 or so to get the maximum $250 back.

[quote name='Armstrong x360a']Thanks. Here's to hoping the 35% comes back, or at least 25%.[/quote]

Here's hoping the 35% comes back with eligibility for eBay Motors purchases!!!

Is anyone else getting a message that they have reached the "maximum for this online session"...

I've got a total of like $27 coming back to me, and I haven't made a purchase since Saturday, but I'm somehow at the maximum? WTF?

[quote name='silent h3ro']^Yes there is such a thing. Check here.

There are also different lengths on Monoprice if you look around.[/QUOTE]

No no no - those won't work. To go from a component source designed for an NTSC TV (like an xbox 360) to a DVI computer input, you'd actually need a much more expensive transcoder, not one of these simple cables. See the large red capital letters on the monoprice page, as well as the other notes there.

[quote name='Ronin317']Is anyone else getting a message that they have reached the "maximum for this online session"...

I've got a total of like $27 coming back to me, and I haven't made a purchase since Saturday, but I'm somehow at the maximum? WTF?[/quote]
Have you made 3 purchases totalling $27? That is the only reason I could see that you would be getting that message.

Oh shit...I misread that. Yeah, I have made 3 purchases. Damn...guess I shouldn't have wasted that one purchase on a silicone skin for my sandisk...for a lousy $1 back.

Does anyone know if I can complete my purchase solely in PayPal, without having to use the "Pay Now" button in eBay and checkout through them?

The seller offered free shipping with BIN, but I cannot deduct the shipping cost before checking out when I pay with the eBay checkout. I can deduct this amount, however, when I just pay for it using PayPal directly. My eBay and PayPal accounts are linked, but I am apprehensive about whether or not I'll get the cashback. I've read the conditions of the program, and it doesn't say anywhere that you must pay with PayPal through the eBay site, just that you have to pay using PayPal. However, I don't know if Live would be aware I made the payment.

Thoughts?

[quote name='Ronin317']Oh shit...I misread that. Yeah, I have made 3 purchases. Damn...guess I shouldn't have wasted that one purchase on a silicone skin for my sandisk...for a lousy $1 back.[/QUOTE]
HAHAHA...you serious? You used a 20%-35% coupon to save $1?
[quote name='shadowboxer524']Does anyone know if I can complete my purchase solely in PayPal, without having to use the "Pay Now" button in eBay and checkout through them?

The seller offered free shipping with BIN, but I cannot deduct the shipping cost before checking out when I pay with the eBay checkout. I can deduct this amount, however, when I just pay for it using PayPal directly. My eBay and PayPal accounts are linked, but I am apprehensive about whether or not I'll get the cashback. I've read the conditions of the program, and it doesn't say anywhere that you must pay with PayPal through the eBay site, just that you have to pay using PayPal. However, I don't know if Live would be aware I made the payment.

Thoughts?[/QUOTE]
It must be done through Pay Now. That is the only way eBay will recognize that you paid for item. This also sends information to MS Live Cashback. Not doing so will not qualify. You may be able to do it through PayPal by clicking SEND MONEY and PAY FOR EBAY ITEMS under the tab. This may work and this should also register

Just pay for item and have seller refund you cost of shipping. Thats what I usually do. If someone does a BUY IT NOW through me and it charges shipping but I offer FREE shipping, I'll refund cost of shipping.

Partial refunds are allowed and you still qualify for cashback so as long item is not cancelled or returned.

[quote name='iazybandit']HAHAHA...you serious? You used a 20%-35% coupon to save $1?

It must be done through Pay Now. That is the only way eBay will recognize that you paid for item. This also sends information to MS Live Cashback. Not doing so will not qualify. You may be able to do it through PayPal by clicking SEND MONEY and PAY FOR EBAY ITEMS under the tab. This may work and this should also register

Just pay for item and have seller refund you cost of shipping. Thats what I usually do. If someone does a BUY IT NOW through me and it charges shipping but I offer FREE shipping, I'll refund cost of shipping.

Partial refunds are allowed and you still qualify for cashback so as long item is not cancelled or returned.[/quote]

Thanks for the advice. I just requested that he send a price-adjusted invoice, which worked fine.

so its only 15% cashback? that stinks, For 35 i would have bought a ps3 to just get the blue ray player! Damn, can't believe i missed that!

Bought a 60GB PS3 last night, for 15% off. I would've liked 20%, but I got the system, plus a couple games and a few other extras for $399 BIN. I don't know why it was listed at such a low price, but I'm glad I was able to jump on it. Getting about $60 cash back. Unfortunately, none of the eBay/PayPal 10% off coupon codes worked for me (kept saying it was linked with another PayPal account), which would have saved me nearly $40, but that's okay. I got a pretty sweet deal regardless.

And now we play the waiting game...

[quote name='shadowboxer524']Thanks for the advice. I just requested that he send a price-adjusted invoice, which worked fine.[/QUOTE]
And you got message from eBay in regards to CASHBACK?

I got my PS3 at 25% percent off with the extra 10%. The way the coupon worked, it took it off the original price, so it was actually like 35 percent off.

[quote name='guyver2077']anyone tried creating another ebay account? just curious if it will work?

or maybe a different cashback account?[/QUOTE]
Already been mentioned in the thread.

Has anyone else been completely unable to get in to the Live Cashback site after getting your message from eBay? I got my "You've Got Cashback" message about 10 minutes after buying with all of the correct info, but the link doesn't work. I can't even get in if I go straight to live.com - any suggestions?

[quote name='SkylineChili4Me']Has anyone else been completely unable to get in to the Live Cashback site after getting your message from eBay? I got my "You've Got Cashback" message about 10 minutes after buying with all of the correct info, but the link doesn't work. I can't even get in if I go straight to live.com - any suggestions?[/quote]

you should wait for an email. I made 2 purchases yesterday and they gave me a link that worked, however it showed $0 pending. I got an email today confirming my cash back amount, another link to the Live site was provided in the email, this time my cash back amount was included. I would go with that rather than the Live site because it doesn't update immediately.

Woo my 35% went through :D

^Sorry, not what he's talking about
[quote name='SkylineChili4Me']Has anyone else been completely unable to get in to the Live Cashback site after getting your message from eBay? I got my "You've Got Cashback" message about 10 minutes after buying with all of the correct info, but the link doesn't work. I can't even get in if I go straight to live.com - any suggestions?[/quote]
[quote name='xbltheshadow']Ok, I figured out my problem with not being able to log into the cashback website. Hopefully anyone else that sees this and just hasn't posted, or will post in the future will use this for reference becase it applied to me.
[quote name='SlickDeals']If you're a TWC/RR customer and you're unable to access the Get Cash Back button in My Message to create your account, do this:

1) Goto http://ww23.rr.com/prefs.php (or whatever redirection service is for your area). You can also find this out by typing tracert cashbackaccount.search.live.com on a cmd box and use the IP addresss of the last server hit.
2) Select disable redirection (this is the first option - web address redirection service).[/quote][/quote]

[quote name='guyver2077']is everyone using paypal as their payment preference to get cash back? or bank account?[/QUOTE]

Damn, this is a good point. I am a "premier" member of paypal. I wonder if they will charge me fees on the cashback. Might have to switch to bank account.

[quote name='guyver2077']is everyone using paypal as their payment preference to get cash back? or bank account?[/QUOTE]

I'm just gonna have them cut me a check or deposit in my bank account. I'm certain PayPal will deduct fees.

[quote name='iazybandit']HAHAHA...you serious? You used a 20%-35% coupon to save $1?[/quote]

Yeah...completely by accident. I wasn't even paying attention to the issue, I was just ordering a skin for my Sandisk that I just saved 30% on...Never occurred to me that it would have counted. Oh well...worst case scenario is that I create a new ebay ID or just use my dads and link it to my paypal account.

Does Anyone else Pending Cashback takes forever to pick up...

Ohh and does paypal take a some percentage for receiving/transferring the money to your paypal account
like they do on everything else

[quote name='weguzs']Does Anyone else Pending Cashback takes forever to pick up...

Ohh and does paypal take a some percentage for receiving/transferring the money to your paypal account
like they do on everything else[/QUOTE]
Any payment you receive, you get hit with a fee. Unless its a refund from a payment you sent.

So either give them your bank account to transfer money or have them send you a check and wait for it to arrive.

If you were to get a refund for an item I bought with Cashback, would I be able to do it again even if I had done it three times on eBay?

[quote name='cheaperthanever']it is weird? i found a 20% off link in the live search, click on it brings me to ebay.com but the 20% icon is not there on the top? anybody know why?[/quote]

Try clearing your cookies and restarting your browser. This happened to me earlier today.

[quote name='cheaperthanever']it is weird? i found a 20% off link in the live search, click on it brings me to ebay.com but the 20% icon is not there on the top? anybody know why?[/quote]

Did the same thing to me. I suppose it's supposed to be 10% right now; all those links work fine and one 20% link took me to eBay with 10% discount listed at the top. I dunno.

been getting this anybody else

"We cannot complete your request now, please try again later. Message 50002"

And i can't sign Out...

[quote name='Bioshocked360']I need someone to answer before I buy an iPhone. Does the 20% from live cashback stack with the 10% off coupon?[/QUOTE]

Yes, it does. Are you sure you want to buy an Iphone right now though? Shouldn't the prices of the old ones drop once the 199/299 models hit July 11?

Be aware that the 10% off coupons might not work with your account. You'll be able to put them in prior to confirming to buy the item, but once you actually sign into PayPal, you may get an error message saying the coupon code is linked to a different PayPal account.

This happened to me, despite my PayPal and eBay accounts being linked. I tried every code out there multiple times, but no dice. Hopefully it'll work for you.

ya i screwed my friend with that coupon, he didnt get the email but i thought it was universal ebay code since i saw it plastered everywhere on ebay when i was logged in, he didnt get the email so my code didnt work for him

bread's done
Back