MS Live.com Search Cashback program - 25% Cashback @ eBay

fwacce

CAGiversary!
Already on every other board. Should be here as well.

just noticed this while doing a search on live.com for the wii... basically eBay is giving 35% off pretty much anything on their site (only Buy It Now w/ PayPal items) through a Microsoft CashBack program. this is huge... you can get up to $250 back. i just bought a roomba and got $100 off.

here's where i found the 35% off: http://search.live.com/results.aspx?q=nintendo+wii&form=QBRE ... not sure if they have higher % off in other places?

here are the terms and conditions on eBay's site: http://pages.ebay.com/cashbackoffer/terms.html
looks like you can do this up to 3 times.
Would be a great use on a PS3 with some games. You can get up to $750 or so to get the maximum $250 back.

Can someone update the OP? It is at 20 percent now, which is very enticing for some CAGers, especially if they have that 10% coupon as well.

[quote name='help1']Can someone update the OP? It is at 20 percent now, which is very enticing for some CAGers, especially if they have that 10% coupon as well.[/quote]
Yea, that'd be helpful. My only complaint is that it has fluxuated frequently over the last few days, so that update may be pointless in a few hours.

So wait, can someone clarify all of this for me?

Everyone is eligible for the 20% off but not necessarily for the 10% off?

And I can use this discount on any auction that I win using "BuyItNow"? or does it have to be from a specific seller/company/etc?

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']So wait, can someone clarify all of this for me?

Everyone is eligible for the 20% off but not necessarily for the 10% off?

And I can use this discount on any auction that I win using "BuyItNow"? or does it have to be from a specific seller/company/etc?[/quote]

Yes, everyone is eligible for the 20%, which is offered by MS Live. The main conditions are that you must use Buy It Now on an eBay auction and pay with PayPal. I strongly suggest reading the complete list of conditions provided by MS Live, just so you are fully aware of the program.

The 10% coupon is one provided by eBay/PayPal to some of its customers. The coupon code(s) is available online, but it might not work for your account. I'd say that unless you received an e-mail, don't calculate that discount into your savings. The coupon might work for you, but don't count on it.

[quote name='muhsheesuh']Anyone think the 35% will be coming back anytime soon or do you think 20% is the max it will fluctuate up until?[/quote]

I'm eying an HDTV right now, but I'm kinda holding out for a 25-35% cashback. Hopefully we'll see the 35% again. I didn't jump on it at the time, unfortunately.

[quote name='muhsheesuh']I'm hoping to buy an Ipod touch 32gb for less than 300. Anyone know when this cashback will be ending?[/quote]

I don't think any time soon. They seem to be advertising all over the place.

Just to make sure this is clear and I don't believe it has been explicitly stated; If you have the 10% eBay/Paypal coupon and use the Live search cash back (Currently 20%), both are calculated based off the total amount.

For a $600 purchase you would get:
- $60 from the Coupon
- $120 from Cash Back

In other words you are saving 30% not 28%

Did anyone have issues getting the cashback message in Ebay which you then click the button to claim in live cashback? I got the message on my first purchase almost immediately. The second one is yet to show after 4 days. I definitely saw the cash back logo when I made the purchase too :(

Just got 20% off for Skate on the 360 for $19.99 buy it now. so $3.99 cash back
Thanks
Cool:lol:

[quote name='misbitski']Did anyone have issues getting the cashback message in Ebay which you then click the button to claim in live cashback? I got the message on my first purchase almost immediately. The second one is yet to show after 4 days. I definitely saw the cash back logo when I made the purchase too :([/QUOTE]

It happened to me on both of my purchases
(no message appeared under my messages).
You need to contact ebay.
Don't waste your time sending them an email
(I did that and got a useless reply back).
Instead, you should chat with ebay over at Live Help.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/basics/n-livehelp.html

The ebay rep on Live Help was able to generate a message with the MS cashback link.

[quote name='j_j']Just got 20% off for Skate on the 360 for $19.99 buy it now. so $3.99 cash back
Thanks
Cool:lol:[/quote]
Unless I'm missing something, you have to accumulate at least $5 cash back before they give you the money. So that $3.99 will just be sitting there until you make another purchase with Live Search (or already made one in the past) that gives you at least $1.01 back.

i've been trying this for 3 days and am still having trouble. how do i get to an ebay advertisement link through the cashback search?

edit: nevermind. you have to do the search from the standard live page and then you will see the ebay link at the top. i was doing the search from the cashback page.

[quote name='wbc1228']It happened to me on both of my purchases
(no message appeared under my messages).
You need to contact ebay.
Don't waste your time sending them an email
(I did that and got a useless reply back).
Instead, you should chat with ebay over at Live Help.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/basics/n-livehelp.html

The ebay rep on Live Help was able to generate send me a message with the cashback email.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the link. I didn't even know Ebay had something like that. Unfortunately, the e-mail they generated was for the first cashback item which already registered correctly. The weird thing is they see I qualified for 2 items, but they don't know why I'm only getting the cashback on one. They redirected me to the Live search cashback support page:

https://support.search.live.com/?scrx=1

Looks like you 7 days is the possible waiting period. I'll see if it pops up by then.

Funky rebate programs = the suck.

[quote name='Strife025']Anyone know the code for $10 off shipping? I want to try it and see if its linked with my account.[/QUOTE]

CJUNE10SHIP

[quote name='V878']Unless I'm missing something, you have to accumulate at least $5 cash back before they give you the money. So that $3.99 will just be sitting there until you make another purchase with Live Search (or already made one in the past) that gives you at least $1.01 back.[/quote]

Sure, plus the GTA 4 i just got for 39.99, so another $8 I am going to get the cashback much sooner, thanks!

Is anyone else having trouble after clicking the "Get Cash Back" link from their "My Messages" ebay page. I can't get it to load since this morning! I Keep getting a failed to open page error.

This is crazy! I qualify for the extra 10% off, and I have a $10 off shipping coupon from ebay. I'm literally scrambling for something to buy for the 30% off right now.

I just did the cash back purchase, got the message in 'My Messages' and clicked on the link. However, when i sign in to my Windows Live! ID, my cashback account is still showing $0.00 even in the pending cashback. I got the message saying I would get 109$ back (20%). Does it not show up right away?

[quote name='Tee_Ken']I just did the cash back purchase, got the message in 'My Messages' and clicked on the link. However, when i sign in to my Windows Live! ID, my cashback account is still showing $0.00 even in the pending cashback. I got the message saying I would get 109$ back (20%). Does it not show up right away?[/QUOTE]

I used this twice so far and one showed up right away and the other one took almost a whole day before it showed up.. so don't worry yet.

How does one obtain the !0% coupon? Is there anyway possible that I could receive one in time to stack for this deal? Greatest Thx.

[quote name='darkchaostitan']How does one obtain the !0% coupon? Is there anyway possible that I could receive one in time to stack for this deal? Greatest Thx.[/quote]

You could try the coupons and if they work great, if they don't, then you're outta luck.

[quote name='help1']You could try the coupons and if they work great, if they don't, then you're outta luck.[/quote] I don't have any coupons to try, that's the thing. I'd like to stack the 10% like everyone else, but I'm not sure how to ascertain it into my possession.

[quote name='darkchaostitan']I don't have any coupons to try, that's the thing. I'd like to stack the 10% like everyone else, but I'm not sure how to ascertain it into my possession.[/quote]

you can get that code fairly easy, but will ebay accept you using the 10% coupon? Probably not. I think its only usable by those that got it in their email.

Does anybody here know if you can use the 10% off coupon twice? Also, I should probably ask this first: When does PayPal give the 10% back? I know that the coupon is linked to my account b/c eBay emailed it to me and it doesn't expire until the 30th. I bought a router with buy it now and it was supposed to charge me $45 but it charged me $49.

Edit: Nevermind, I just checked my account history and it shows up as PayPal giving me $4 and then it charging me the full amount.

Does anyone know for sure if the $10 off shipping coupon stacks with the additional 10% off coupon? I want to get Rock Band with the deals all stacked, but shipping would really hurt the deal if I couldn't get the $10 off shipping coupon added.

[quote name='sixspeednissan']Does anyone know for sure if the $10 off shipping coupon stacks with the additional 10% off coupon? I want to get Rock Band with the deals all stacked, but shipping would really hurt the deal if I couldn't get the $10 off shipping coupon added.[/quote]Call PayPal up, they should be able to give you a definite answer. I called them today and they were pretty helpful.

[quote name='xbltheshadow']Although it is a universal code, its only a one time use per account. Learned that the hard way when they did this exact coupon in April.[/quote]

What's the code? I'd like to at least try even if it is futile to do so. Thx

Is it just me, or is everyone else having trouble accessing their live cashback accout? I can't get to it either through the link in my messages at ebay, or directly from the live.com site. I keep getting a "server not responding error".

I just did the cashback + 10% coupon last night. I tried to apply the $10 off shipping code as well but it wouldn't work with the 10% coupon, so you can only use one of those 2 coupons at one time.

Thats good to know. Thanks. I won't be getting Rock Band with it, but thats ok becuase I just bought 5 Simpsons seasons and 4 Futurama seasons today with Best Buy's sale. I need to hold off on another expensive purchase. lol

Argh! I just bought something and right after I did I remembered this deal >.<

Does anyone know if I would be able to talk to someone from eBay and get them to add it on after the fact?

It's the damndest thing...I know I got the email for free shipping in the 'My Messages' box, but now it's gone?! The message literally disappeared from my box and I didn't get a chance to use it. I know for sure I did not delete it.

[quote name='Average Fury']Here's the code anyway, it'll work even if you deleted your email. CJUNE10SHIP

I feel like a fool. I just used the cashback thing on this...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=230260088867&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=013

I still have 2 more goes, right? Since it's 3 items per person?

edit: ARGGGHHH I only saved $2.40, completely screwing me out of the cashback which has a $5 minimum.
Ah well, whatever.[/quote]
I've already actually tried it and it did not work. The message said something about how it was already tied to another paypal account or something. I will try it again later if I buy something else again by tomorrow. Thanks anyways.

[quote name='Average Fury']Here's the code anyway, it'll work even if you deleted your email. CJUNE10SHIP

I feel like a fool. I just used the cashback thing on this...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=230260088867&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=013

I still have 2 more goes, right? Since it's 3 items per person?

edit: ARGGGHHH I only saved $2.40, completely screwing me out of the cashback which has a $5 minimum.
Ah well, whatever.[/quote]

That's pretty sweet looking :D At least you had a chance to use it, I remembered about this deal RIGHT after clicking buy on this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=120270832361

#-o

I just purchased an 80GB PS3 for $450 with $90 cashback. But it's not showing up in my cashback account yet... I'm using a different email address for ebay/paypal and cashback, it should still work right?

bread's done
Back