N64 games for DS...

darth_ganon55

CAGiversary!
Nintendo should make more! That Mario one went over well, and I really liked it. Imagine, Star Fox 64...on your DS! Holy crap, what about Goldeneye?! And SSB! That's a good idea...

Imagine there's no Heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace

You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world

You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one

In short, no.

they were going to make ocarina of time for the ds and still might later to rejuvenate the ds, according to wikipedia, but they went for an original title, phantom hourglass. It's also a good thing we're getting original titles though.

[quote name='darth_ganon55']Nintendo should make more! That Mario one went over well, and I really liked it. Imagine, Star Fox 64...on your DS! Holy crap, what about Goldeneye?! And SSB! That's a good idea...[/QUOTE]

They already made a new Star Fox game on DS and Goldeneye is owned by Rare (which is owned by Microsoft) so they can't port that. SSB is a somewhat good idea, but it is inferior to SSBM so I wouldn't want to go back to it.

[quote name='Oops! I did it again.']All I ask for is Cruis'n USA.[/quote]

I forgot about that game...and, so what if SSB is inferior? It's on a handheld system! And the new Starfox sucks...

[quote name='PenguinMaster']They already made a new Star Fox game on DS and Goldeneye is owned by Rare (which is owned by Microsoft) so they can't port that. SSB is a somewhat good idea, but it is inferior to SSBM so I wouldn't want to go back to it.[/QUOTE]

Not true, 007 is currently owned by Activision, while Goldeneye the game itself is owned by Nintendo. Rare made the game, but they don't own any fraction of the game.

DS games surpass N64 games so I really don't care if we don't see ports. For example, playing MK64 feels archaic now that I've played the DS version.

I'm pretty sure Nintendo would need permission from Rare to release a port of Goldeneye for the DS since they developed the game. And they'd need permission from Activision since they hold the license. That was the reason that the game was given basically no chance of making it onto the virtual console.

As for wanting to see ports, no. If I wanted a handheld system pretending to be a console, I'd get a PSP. I'd rather see more original games instead. Now if companies were to make sequels that used the capabilities of the DS well, that'd be another story...

[quote name='Kendro']DS games surpass N64 games so I really don't care if we don't see ports. For example, playing MK64 feels archaic now that I've played the DS version.[/quote]

Well, obviously making a Mario Kart game now would be stupid, but what about all the other great games? Quest 64, anyone?

[quote name='musicnoteless']They need to bring a true sequel to Starfox 64. fuck this starfox adventures and lame command game. GIVE ME A RAIL SHOOTER DAMNIT.[/quote]

:applause:

[quote name='rlse9']I'm pretty sure Nintendo would need permission from Rare to release a port of Goldeneye for the DS since they developed the game. And they'd need permission from Activision since they hold the license. That was the reason that the game was given basically no chance of making it onto the virtual console.

As for wanting to see ports, no. If I wanted a handheld system pretending to be a console, I'd get a PSP. I'd rather see more original games instead. Now if companies were to make sequels that used the capabilities of the DS well, that'd be another story...[/QUOTE]
getting rare isnt that hard. MS has let rare ported DKC on GBA. They just need activison really.

[quote name='darth_ganon55']Well, obviously making a Mario Kart game now would be stupid, but what about all the other great games? Quest 64, anyone?[/QUOTE]

Did.... did he just use the terms "Quest 64" and "great games" in the same sentence? Um... hmm.

[quote name='4tygames']Wetrix, Tetrisphere, and Beetle Adventure Racing, enough said :)[/QUOTE]

Hell yeah, Beetle Adventure Racing! I logged a ton of hours playing that one! I had totally forgotten about that game.

i wouldnt mind to see some n64 games on the ds with new graphics and/or gameplay... but i would not pay full price for a game i probably already own

[quote name='keithp']Hell yeah, Beetle Adventure Racing! I logged a ton of hours playing that one! I had totally forgotten about that game.[/quote]

Such an underrated classic. Good memories.

Yeah, no. I'm not completely against ports or remakes- ports of rarer games is great, as are overhauls- but I don't want to see the DS flooded with them like the GBA was with SNES games. It got so ridiculous that a good portion of the great GBA games were ports.

Also, a lot of the N64 games would be outdated. Not graphically, but the series has since evolved. For example, as great a game it is, I wouldn't want Ocarina of Time on my DS. Wind Waker (and by extension, Twilight Princess) had a superior engine.

I would much rather see new installments.. except in the case of Starfox DS.

No...
[quote name='Matt Young']Did.... did he just use the terms "Quest 64" and "great games" in the same sentence? Um... hmm.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='hhhdx4']umm Mario 64 DS sucked, the touch pad jsut doesnt replicate a jostick.[/QUOTE]

The touchpad control stunk of course, but it played fine with the d-pad.

OoT was already re-released twice on the Gamecube and it's bound to end up on the virtual console so I'm pretty sure there doesn't need to be another version of it. I'd rather see Nintendo focus their efforts on new games, it takes them long enough to get games out as it is without them having to redo old games.

Isn't this what the Wii is for, playing old ports ( da do tish ). Seriously console games and portables don't gel, console games weren't made for little on the bus sitdowns or anything. Don't put chocolate in my peanut butter, ok?

Am I the only one who'd rather have original games?

[quote name='jputahraptor']Isn't this what the Wii is for, playing old ports ( da do tish ). Seriously console games and portables don't gel, console games weren't made for little on the bus sitdowns or anything. Don't put chocolate in my peanut butter, ok?

Am I the only one who'd rather have original games?[/quote]

What? Reese's are good.

And, that Mario game went well enough...and I'm not saying no more original games, just bring some N64 games to the DS...

[quote name='jputahraptor']Isn't this what the Wii is for, playing old ports ( da do tish ). Seriously console games and portables don't gel, console games weren't made for little on the bus sitdowns or anything. Don't put chocolate in my peanut butter, ok?

Am I the only one who'd rather have original games?[/QUOTE]

I'd usually rather have original games just because I've probably already played the original version of a game. Beyond that, there's nothing different I want from a game on a portable on on a "big" system (beyond being able to enjoy some genres more on a portable, like maybe puzzle games or strategy games).

[quote name='PenguinMaster']SSB is a somewhat good idea, but it is inferior to SSBM so I wouldn't want to go back to it.[/QUOTE]
[lex] WRONG! [/lex]

[quote name='darth_ganon55']Well, obviously making a Mario Kart game now would be stupid, but what about all the other great games? Quest 64, anyone?[/quote]

Dude, have you played any N64 games lately? I think you are viewing the past thru rose colored glasses.

We are getting a updated Diddy Kong Racing, which should be good.

Im all for ports as long as they:

- dont retard development of original games
- have some sort of 'updatedness' to them
- are released at a budget price, $20 is fine.

and I second or third whoever mentioned Beetle Adventure Racing, that game was kickass! =D

[quote name='Puffa469']Dude, have you played any N64 games lately? I think you are viewing the past thru rose colored glasses.

We are getting a updated Diddy Kong Racing, which should be good.

Im all for ports as long as they:

- dont retard development of original games
- have some sort of 'updatedness' to them
- are released at a budget price, $20 is fine.

and I second or third whoever mentioned Beetle Adventure Racing, that game was kickass! =D[/quote]

Yeah. Just put some of the oldies-but-goodies on the DS...

I was actually wondering about this myself not too long ago. I'd like to see ports of the Zelda 64 games, and Conker's Bad Fur Day.

[quote name='keithp']Hell yeah, Beetle Adventure Racing! I logged a ton of hours playing that one! I had totally forgotten about that game.[/quote]

I loved that shit! First time a dinosaur popped up on that track I was like :whistle2:o, and imagine that game was by EA! Give me that and Starfox 64, nothing else is worthy!

Cubivore! That was originally a n64 game held over for the cube. I see no reason why that game wouldnt translate well.

[quote name='Qslugs']Cubivore! That was originally a n64 game held over for the cube. I see no reason why that game wouldnt translate well.[/QUOTE]

I'd love to try that. I could never find it for the 'Cube.

[quote name='Wolfpup']I'd love to try that. I could never find it for the 'Cube.[/quote]

Its been reprinted, so most eb/gs stores have the 'like new' but used copies. Unfortunately they want $40 iirc. It may be worth it as part of a b2g1 free sale, which is how I got it.

bread's done
Back