N64 vs. GC

darth_ganon55

CAGiversary!
Which is better? I have a N64, but should I shell out for a GC? I really love N64, and it has tons of great games, but, GC is, like, $60. So, what should I do?

Buy a Gamecube off of eBay with a bundle of games for $60 shipped after doing a search for "best gamecube games" here on CAG.

pretend the gc never existed and pick up a wii

if you can't do that, stick with the 64 or download emulators/roms

The Wii is the successor to the Gamecube, which is also able to play Gamecube games. I'd stick with the N64 until the Gamecube and all the Gamecube games hit the clearance rack. There are though a lot of games out now for less than $10 new, so I'd say it is going to be a tough decision whether you want to buy a Gamecube now. I liked how the N64 games you could accidently step on the game itself and it would be fine, unlike disc games that may get scratched or break.

Focusing just on the amount of good games for each system I would rate them both about the same. But honestly I am a sucker for pretty graphics so I would wait till the GCs are a bit cheaper.

[quote name='dtarasev']Focusing just on the amount of good games for each system I would rate them both about the same. But honestly I am a sucker for pretty graphics so I would wait till the GCs are a bit cheaper.[/quote]

Hmm...I'll do that, but I do have loads of giftcards to burn from Christmas...

[quote name='gizmogc']Get an Atari 7800 instead. Its like 100 times better then the Nintendo 64. 64 bits of what? Atari has 7800![/quote]

True, it is better.

[quote name='guyver2077']even beaing cheap has its limits.. cmon[/quote]

I'll buy either a GC, video games for the systems I have now, or books, I can't decide.

now that i see his age i understand his situation more..

you may as well upgrade to a gc....atleast you would be closer to current gen graphics and games. plus gc has a bunch of great games..

trust me i loved 64 but no way you should be playing that now

[quote name='guyver2077']now that i see his age i understand his situation more..

you may as well upgrade to a gc....atleast you would be closer to current gen graphics and games. plus gc has a bunch of great games..

trust me i loved 64 but no way you should be playing that now[/quote]

Oh, I have an Xbox and PS2, but I really like Nintendo (especially SSB), and I thought that, since the Wiii just came out, there'll be a price drop...yeah.

bread's done
Back