Need help with my first deal

Mike Romano

CAG Veteran
Hi guys, I am looking to buy a few games and need some help finding the best deal. The games i am interested in are:

God of War-PS2 (definately)
Chaos Theory-PC, possibly XBOX (probably)
NHL 06/2k6-PS2 or XBOX (probably)
DMC 3-PS2 (maybe)
MK: DD-GC (maybe)
SSB:M-GC (maybe)
MP 2-GC (maybe)
Forza-XBOX (maybe)
Burnout-PS2 or XBOX (maybe)
NCAA 06-PS2 or XBOX (maybe)
Ninja Gaiden-XBOX (maybe)

I want to buy 3-5 of those games. Not sure which yet. Here are some games I could trade:

Silent Hill 3
NHL 04
NHL 2k5
Metroid Prime
Madden 2005 Collectors
NFSU2
NFL Street
Sonic Heroes
Madden 04
SW: Knights of the Old republic
Jade Empire (unopened)
Gran Turismo 4
MGS Twin Snakes

I am also considering returning (still have the box) or selling my XBOX. I don't use it much anymore and XBOX360 is coming out soon (which I am definately getting). Not sure if I can retun it or get much for it though. BTW, are there any starter codes for that XBOX 360 giveaway.

I appreciate any help or tips. Thanks!

Got to gamefly.com some of the games you are looking for are cheap there and the games are sold used but most of the disk they send out are games that look like new just aren't sealed based on the prestine condition they are in. Also, games come complete with box art and manual. I recommend them because me and many other CAG members have ordered from them. The only drawback to ordering from Gamefly is that you can only order one game at a time.

I am going to the mall in an hour and am going to use EB games. I narrowed my buy list down to Ninja Gaiden Black, God Of War, Chaos Theory, NHL2k6, or Forza. My trade-in list is:

NHL 2k5
Metroid Prime
Madden 2005 Collectors
NFSU2
NFL Street
Sonic Heroes
R&C Going Commando
Gran Turismo 4
MGS Twin Snakes

I hear that you get $5 extra PER game if you trade in 5 or more games. I'd like to be able to make an even exchange. What can I get for the games above?

God Of War is $50 ($45 used)
Ninja Gaiden $30
Forza $30 ($25)
NHL 2K6 $20
Chaos Theory $30 ($25)

[quote name='Mike Romano']I am going to the mall in an hour and am going to use EB games. I narrowed my buy list down to Ninja Gaiden Black, God Of War, Chaos Theory, NHL2k6. My trade-in list is:

NHL 2k5
Metroid Prime
Madden 2005 Collectors
NFSU2
NFL Street
Sonic Heroes
R&C Going Commando
Gran Turismo 4
MGS Twin Snakes

I hear that you get $5 extra PER game if you trade in 5 or more games. I'd like to be able to make an even exchange. What can I get for the games above and what are EB's prices. I know Ninja Gaiden is only $30 new.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure Metroid Prime, Madden and NFL Street are P(reviously) O(wned) e(X)cluded. So, the bonus trade in credit deal won't apply for them.
NHL 2k5 is borderline POX.

wherehouse.com has good trade in prices, but they can also be pretty picky about what they'll take, and they don't send back anything they decline.

I've used vgfanatic.com a couple of times - they have decent trade in prices, but they're a little slow about adding new products to purchase. If you don't mind waiting for new games, it's a good site. Their customer service is pretty quick, and they've got a great trade-in deal going on right now if you're in the market for a DS on their front page.

NHL 2k5 -PS2
Metroid Prime -GC
Madden 2005 Collectors -PS2
NFSU2-PS2
NFL Street -GC
Sonic Heroes -GC
SW: Knights of the Old republic -XBOX
R&C Going Commando -PS2
Gran Turismo 4 -PS2
MGS Twin Snakes -GC

I could also go to FYE in the mall. Are their prices that good?

[quote name='Mike Romano']NHL 2k5 -PS2
Metroid Prime -GC
Madden 2005 Collectors -PS2
NFSU2-PS2
NFL Street -GC
Sonic Heroes -GC
SW: Knights of the Old republic -XBOX
R&C Going Commando -PS2
Gran Turismo 4 -PS2
MGS Twin Snakes -GC

I could also go to FYE in the mall. Are their prices that good?[/QUOTE]

You don't visit here much do you. FYE has better trade-in prices compared to EB but the only thing is there prices on stuff they sell is horrible.

[quote name='Mike Romano']Ok, I guess I am going to go to FYE then. Should I even bother trading in Madden 04 and NHL 04?[/QUOTE]

You can always try but I definately would try to trade them in to FYE because of POX (Previously Owned Exclusion List) at EB they don't give more than .75 for sports games after 2005.

All of the others I would try EB and FYE if they are near each other just to see which one would give you more.

FYE didn't have any games I wanted. So, I went to EB and got a good deal. My minimum trade was $2 (NFl Street) and I got $90 with the $5 extra deal. I bought Gaiden Black, Chaos Theory, and NHL 06. I also got a $10 credit.

bread's done
Back