Netbook deals?

jproland

CAG Veteran
Hey guys, I was seeing if anyone could help out with trying to find a deal on a Netbook for my Mom for Christmas. I know Newegg has an upcoming deal and Office Max too. Any help would be great. My dad won't let her use his computer and I want to set it up on my wireless network so she is good to go on Christmas morning! Thanks for looking.

Target's ad this week had an Acer Aspire for $200 with a 3 cell battery. I personally went to best buy and got the gateway that was advertised for $230 with a 6 cell battery. I'm not sure if the deals are still going on but I'm pretty sure the gateway's price is there everyday price on it.

PS Acer bought gateways so they're essentially the same netbooks now.

Crap, my Mother in Law JUST told me she wants a Netbook. 24 hrs ago there were tons of em. SO now I'll have to be on the lookout.

^^^^^
Yep, I didn't see your post, but I ordered one of those for in-store pick-up. Already got the pickup notice. ;) $202 total with tax etc. Should be perfect for her.

I'm in the same boat as the OP, however, my mom wants one with a good built-in webcam so she can chat on Skype. What's a good netbook with a decent webcam?

I highly sugjest snagging one of those Acer Aspire ones, That thing is very impressive for what you get, LIGHT gaming and nice screen and its alot quicker then i thought it would be (got one of the ones at target) Not that its important since most are for moms... but it will play most steam Popcap games and other indie games no problem.

[quote name='Rollett']I highly sugjest snagging one of those Acer Aspire ones, That thing is very impressive for what you get, LIGHT gaming and nice screen and its alot quicker then i thought it would be (got one of the ones at target) Not that its important since most are for moms... but it will play most steam Popcap games and other indie games no problem.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the suggestion. I just need it for internet browsing and basic office programs. It looks like I'll be able to get one for around the $225 area if I look deep enough.

Back in the hunt again. lol Another family member wants a netbook (wish they had spoke up last Wednesday). I purchased one of the Compaq's at Best Buy for $179. Any chance we will see anything close to that??

Everyone's Cyber Monday "deals" are a joke, literally. Amazon has really disappointed me this year. They had 2 Netbooks go live today and neither were any deal, but were sold out in seconds none the less. Guess I'll just have to keep an eye out and *gasp* pay retail?? No way that's happening.

Amazon has been shitty today for the netbooks. Will see what the upcoming one is, otherwise Ill just get the one off dell.com for $279

Bestbuy has a couple for $229 if you can find them locally (probably not). Then Wal-mart has one for around $250 I think.

Just talked to my bro-in-law, he is now looking for a purple one (not for him) so it looks like the one at Wal-mart for $358. lol

Go with Gateway LT2022u 10.1-Inch Black Netbook in amazon.com

Now the price is $289.99. This offer price may hike up. Grab it while it is still there.

I'm definitely hoping to find a new basic netbook with a 10.1 inch screen, Intel Atom N270 1.6 GHz processor, 160 GB hard drive, 1-2 GB ram, and Windows XP for $200, but have only found refurbs for around that price since I skipped out on the Black Friday sales. I guess I might just go with a refurb if a deal doesn't pop up in the next week or so. I'd appreciate any deal postings. I'm watching techbargains.com right now.

That one looks great but it isn't available in any of the stores anywhere near me. Tax would make it $248 for me anyways. Hopefully I can get a good price from newegg or amazon so no tax and free shipping can sweeten a deal.

bread's done
Back