New CAG Affiliate: VideoGameCentral.com - 10% off for CAGs

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
I recently spoke to the management of VideoGameCentral.com, an online retailer located out of NYC. They very much wanted to be a part of the CAG affiliate family and I thought you guys might find their large selection of gaming goods interesting. In addition to new releases, they carry classic games, imports, and other specialty products

They've offered up a 10% off coupon: cheapvgcgamer, which is good for any purchase.

VideoGameCentral.com

I haven't had a chance to go through the site on a deal search, but Bargain Bin Games - Cheap Games might be a good place to start.

[quote name='TheOracle']The initial claim of billions lost from SONY was yes, maybe an exagerrated statement that they lumped together with the rest of the bootlegging world but it was definitely the leader of that era in selling mod chips which at that time was primarily used for the copying games boom[/QUOTE]
Hey, out of curioisity, how much in the way of losses do you think you're incurring on Nintendo by selling this GBA Flash Cart that "comes with everything you need to bust your GBA wide open"?
http://store.videogamecentral.com/gaadusbfllik.html

Or how about the R4 that you're selling that "Supports roms, multimedia files, or Homebrew games of any size."
http://store.videogamecentral.com/dsliter4revolution.html

Glass houses, Dave. Glass houses.

I wonder if this post will be moderated. I'm only linking to some product supplied by an affiliate.

[quote name='daroga']Why was Lik-Sang even brought up other than to try to smear Play-Asia by somehow trying to link them to pre-2002 Lik-Sang, which hasn't been done.[/quote]

It was brought up because Oracle is claiming a link between circa-2002 Lik-Sang and current Play-Asia management, which he has yet to substantiate at all. Which is pretty much what you just said. Never mind. Still, some evidence please.

[quote name='Damian']Hey, out of curioisity, how much in the way of losses do you think you're incurring on Nintendo by selling this GBA Flash Cart that "comes with everything you need to bust your GBA wide open"?
http://store.videogamecentral.com/gaadusbfllik.html

Or how about the R4 that you're selling that "Supports roms, multimedia files, or Homebrew games of any size."
http://store.videogamecentral.com/dsliter4revolution.html

Glass houses, Dave. Glass houses.

I wonder if this post will be moderated. I'm only linking to some product supplied by an affiliate.[/QUOTE]

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Right under the item description:

Supports roms, multimedia files, or Homebrew games of any size.

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. Yet you've crapped on Lik-Sang for two pages now about selling mod chips and bootlegging stuff, yet you're advocating a device I can apparently load up with rom's.

[quote name='TheOracle']I wasn't arguing the point. But I still extend the discount to you for $12.99 in-store. I don't know if you recall but we had a pretty funny commerical on cable up until these last three years. We just had to nix it due to Time Warner's insane rate hikes. Between the WWE wrestling superstar autograph signings and the commercial we would get quite a few people from Astoria.

Plus if you ordered from Astoria on Value Ship, you would get it for about $17.85 shipped plus tax. And it would come within two biz days.[/QUOTE]

Yeah you were. You said if you walked you, you'd wouldnt have to pay shipping, and therefore it would be cheaper from you than anywhere else.

And honestly, living in Astoria, I have other options.

Free shipping code would be nicer... or maybe 10% off + actual shipping costs (not elevated like you find on Ebay...)

$7.50 for Priority (aka USPS priority mail) which actually costs $4.60.

$4.95 for Value (aka Media mail). Actual cost... $2.13.

[quote name='TheOracle']It's not a claim Daroga it's the truth. That is what started their downfall woes. They were profiting substantially from their whole modding lineup of products.

Check the CNN excerpt again. This isn't slander, it's written fact:
http://archives.cnn.com/2002/TECH/fun.games/12/16/gamers.liksang/index.html

Please don't shoot the messenger. I liked them too.[/QUOTE]

Please link this article from 2002, that is about the old Liksang, to the one that folded in 2006, which was the new liksang which didn't sell any of this stuff.

Please stop linking articles from 2002 while saying this started the downfall of Lik-Sang. They did pretty damn well for 4 years until the PSP fiasco, and if that never happened, they'd still be around. This didn't "start" their downfall woes, it was an isolated incident that they recovered from... if they didn't, they sure as hell wouldn't have been around for another 4 years.

But hey, looks like you're "profiting substantially" on your own modding lineup of products too. I wonder how long until Nintendo sues you.

[quote name='TheOracle']It's not a claim Daroga it's the truth. That is what started their downfall woes. They were profiting substantially from their whole modding lineup of products.

Check the CNN excerpt again. This isn't slander, it's written fact:
http://archives.cnn.com/2002/TECH/fun.games/12/16/gamers.liksang/index.html

Please don't shoot the messenger. I liked them too.[/quote]It is a fact that Lik-Sang got into trouble for their modding tools (some of the same ones I can buy from you I might add). But through court ruling they reinvented themselves, got newleadership, and became the LikSang that most of us were familiar with until last year.

In 2006 Lik-Sang had to close their doors, not because of piract, but because of the importing PSP issue with Sony. But, this has all been said 10 times in this thread, and you've not paid a lick of attention to it. Good work.

Please link me another 5 year old article and tell me how it pretains to events that happened a year ago.

Perhaps TheOracle's store would have more reasonable prices if he understood the theory of time cost and spent less time posting fruitless defenses and more time managing his store to a profitable enough point that he could eventually offer truly cheapass games. While it takes courage to put himself out there like he has done, he's clearly not making any friends here. This was not the right audience for his store to begin with, and he just continues to make a bad name for himself.

[quote name='mephitical']Perhaps TheOracle's store would have more reasonable prices if he understood the theory of time cost and spent less time posting fruitless defenses and more time managing his store to a profitable enough point that he could eventually offer truly cheapass games. While it takes courage to put himself out there like he has done, he's clearly not making any friends here. This was not the right audience for his store to begin with, and he just continues to make a bad name for himself.[/quote]

QFT. Oracle, just go back home and lick your wounds, you aren't going to convince any of us to jump ship and hop on your bandwagon. It's done.

[quote name='Roufuss']:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Right under the item description:

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. Yet you've crapped on Lik-Sang for two pages now about selling mod chips and bootlegging stuff, yet you're advocating a device I can apparently load up with rom's.[/quote]

Thanks for the promotion of our products Roufous. But check around, as we did before carrying both the products you listed. And here's the verdict:

THEY ARE COMPLETELY UNEQUIVOCALLY LEGAL.

Here please read this link:
http://portablevideogamer.com/category/open-source-news/

Your trying to be such an angry bully Roufous. You aren't going to frazzle me. Bullies never did. You should be embarrassed at the way you are acting. You stated you aren't going to frequent VideoGameCentral.com and you aren't using anyone else on here. Okay, so be it...

[quote name='TheOracle']Thanks for the promotion of our products Roufous. But check around, as we did before carrying both the products you listed. And here's the verdict:

THEY ARE COMPLETELY UNEQUIVOCALLY LEGAL.

Here please read this link:
http://portablevideogamer.com/category/open-source-news/

Your trying to be such an angry bully Roufous. You aren't going to frazzle me. Bullies never did. You should be embarrassed at the way you are acting. You stated you aren't going to frequent VideoGameCentral.com and you aren't using anyone else on here. Okay, so be it...[/quote]The issue is that they are against the ToS for CAG, thus if you want to be affiliated with us, you should take those flash carts, etc. down.

Oh, and while the device itself might be legal, methinks that advertising it with "PLAYS ILLEGAL GAMES!!!!!" is a tad suspect.

[quote name='the ender']QFT. Oracle, just go back home and lick your wounds, you aren't going to convince any of us to jump ship and hop on your bandwagon. It's done.[/quote]
Not trying to make anyone jumpship. Free country to decide.

And if you want to know the truth, I find this entertaining, to respond as I work. No worries, no hard feelings,... :D

[quote name='daminion']Free shipping code would be nicer... or maybe 10% off + actual shipping costs (not elevated like you find on Ebay...)

$7.50 for Priority (aka USPS priority mail) which actually costs $4.60.

$4.95 for Value (aka Media mail). Actual cost... $2.13.[/quote]
These aren't unfair shipping & HANDLING charges. We also use a box, tape, packing and a live AMERICAN CITIZEN to pick and ship it to you.

I'm baffled. How can it be entertaining to continually damage your reputation among a large gaming community known for it's wide area of influence over other Internet users' purchases through online retailers?

I still think that a killer deal and a contest would change the tune of this thread.

Here's a question. What specific deals would encourage you to shop at VGC?

If a new release was offered at VGC for $3 less than MSRP and free shipping, would you bite? What about imports being offered for $3 total less than PA?

What would get you to shop there?

[quote name='evilmax17'] What would get you to shop there?[/quote]1) Apology for CAG affiliate bashing.

2) Removal of potential-for-piracy tools that violate CAG's ToS.

3) Free shipping as well as discounts for CAGs (paired with otherwise competitive prices)

4) The occassional promotion would help as well.

[quote name='mephitical']I'm baffled. How can it be entertaining to continually damage your reputation among a large gaming community known for it's wide area of influence over other Internet users' purchases through online retailers?[/quote]

I don't know, but I watch and I see everyday orders with the CAG coupon CHEAPVGCGAMER and I see traffic and orders have never been higher.

I don't feel I have been made to look worse to anyone other then the CAG'ers that were looking to deface us in the first place. This started from an UncleBob old argument with someone other then myself and Roufous' slander. I'm not going to watch ARMCHAIR QUARTERBACKS call the plays untested. That's never been my way.

Fine disagree on pricing, Disagree on shipping, it is CAG afterall. But all the other nonsense is unwarranted and if I check and see it I will respond.

[quote name='evilmax17']I still think that a killer deal and a contest would change the tune of this thread.

Here's a question. What specific deals would encourage you to shop at VGC?

If a new release was offered at VGC for $3 less than MSRP and free shipping, would you bite? What about imports being offered for $3 total less than PA?

What would get you to shop there?[/quote]

Look at the responses to B1G1 and even B2G1 offers on the boards - I think either of those would go over well.

The shipping seems to be a sore subject as well, either free or a low flat rate would win people over.

For new games it's tough, since you can use the BB coupons to get a game in store for $5-$10 off MSRP with no shipping. Liongames has the right idea playing the preorder game. I honestly don't know how a small business could beat the big stores otherwise other than making interesting bundles with things you make a big profit on, It's a weak example, but I'm thinking of a $50 bundle that includes The Bigs for Wii and Major League 2K6 for Gamecube. Sports games basically have no value, but it's a good opportunity for the business to unload something with little monetary value but be seen as a good deal for a consumer, especially in this case one who never owned a Gamecube before.

[quote name='daroga']1) Apology for CAG affiliate bashing.

2) Removal of potential-for-piracy tools that violate CAG's ToS.

3) Free shipping as well as discounts for CAGs (paired with otherwise competitive prices)

4) The occassional promotion would help as well.[/QUOTE]

I'd say nothing, because the damage has already been done, and I won't spend a dime of my money to line this guy's pockets.

I'd rather spend extra at a reputable website. I'm not going to throw everything out because somebody waved a shiny deal in my face.

EB / GS have awesome deals too, but I barely support them or take part in it, only when I really have no other recourse (like Taito Legends 2, for example).

Slander, :rofl: How is it slander pointing out the higher prices you have compared to other retailers? I'm just stating the facts here. It's that kind of smarmy attitude that will make me not spend a dime there. If anything, you've been the one slandering other retailers. This whole thread is full of hilarity, I'm surprised anyone takes this guy seriously. Not to mention the way you've personally acted in this thread yourself in response to everything here, that was your own doing.

Seriously, I'm done with this, it's too hard to take this guy seriously.

[quote name='TheOracle']I don't feel I have been made to look worse to anyone other then the CAG'ers that were looking to deface us in the first place.[/QUOTE]
For what it's worth, you do look worse to me. I'm one person, but I'd be willing to bet I'm not the only one who's been turned away from your site by this thread and, in particular, your behavior in it.

Yeah Roufuss, I agree with ya. This guy is trash, someone dispose of him before he stinks up CAG anymore.

Oracle, my advice to you, stop posting. Please.

[quote name='Roufuss']
Seriously, I'm done with this, it's too hard to take this guy seriously.[/quote]

Okay, let us see if you are your own man of your word. You said your done...

[quote name='TheOracle']This started from an UncleBob old argument with someone other then myself and Roufous' slander.[/QUOTE]

You have a lot of trouble remembering the order of events, eh?

The VERY FIRST POST after Cheapy started the thread was about the high prices your site has. That's what started it.

Talk about the "gray area" products didn't start until the 16th post. After it was pointed out, I linked to the old thread two posts later - It in no way started with my old thread.

As with the history of Lik-Sang and their non-connection with Play Asia, I would suggest you take a second to review the actual order of events before you start throwing around incorrect accusations.

*edit*I have a lot of trouble with English*edit*

Just because people are using the CAG coupon doesn't mean it's actual CAGs that are using it. There are many lurkers from FatWallet and many other sites that come here for the scoop. I started using CAG coupons for the "old EB games" before I actually signed up. If you want to win us over, you should look into those old promotions. 15% or 16% off and free shipping made a lot of people loyal customers of EB. Hell, we even had a thread solely dedicated to the morning update that EB would do around 7am EST every week day. Your crap prices are no better than anyone else so the question remains.......What are YOU going to do win us over? Stop trying to justify anything and just give us deals. We could two shits about your store in bum fuck Queens or about your polices or how many people are buying with the coupon. Sell Guilty Gear Slash for $25 shipped for the next week. Follow it up by selling Okami for $35 shipped the next week. Make people excited to come to your site every week. Offer coupons to people that purchase over a $100 of merchandise. Do something that will make us care about your site as a part of our community. If you truly care about making money, then you should try to make people here happy instead of more and more frustrated.

The way you back up your arguments is hilarity at its finest. It's almost worth keeping your site associated with this one just to watch you defend yourself with the most outrageous defenses.

Almost.

[quote name='TheOracle']You said your done...[/QUOTE]
His what?

[quote name='depascal22']Hell, we even had a thread solely dedicated to the morning update that EB would do around 7am EST every week day.[/QUOTE]

This just made this thread even more sad.

I miss the morning update. :(

I have to agree, I wouldn't buy from this site, I am a bit late chiming in here but I really do not appreciate websites that sell bootleg games when I strive to have a collection full of original games with no bootlegs in it. Yes I do buy games used, yes I do buy games off ebay however I obtain games legitimately and do not pirate them. I would assume that many others came to this site for the same reason as me, to obtain legitimate games for as cheaply as possible.

I also do not sell bootlegs to others and try to pass them off as an original game for profit or whatever other reason, which is the behavior that I am most against. Multi-carts are bootlegs and I will not shop at a store that is ripping consumers off by selling unauthorized-by-nintendo multi-carts. These games were not made or authorized by Nintendo so they are bootlegs, well known to gamers as bootlegs but not to the general public.

I don't have a problem with high store prices, if a store's prices are too high I just don't buy from them, period. I am not going to sit here and whine about how store x's prices are too high and how they should be lowered. Like many others here I go where the deals are. If store x doesn't have the right price for me, there is another store that will.

[quote name='UncleBob']This just made this thread even more sad.

I miss the morning update. :([/quote]I spent so much, and saved so much, with that thread. The winner? Ikaruga for $13.xx after EDGE, CAG15, and SAVER. Delicious. :)

And now, I'm sad too. :(

I didn't mean to rain on everyone's parade but that is an example of a great promotion. It made people of the community excited about old school gaming. It just seems like you're trying to make a quick buck by selling whatever will fly off the shelves. That may make you money and we really shouldn't be telling you what to sell. On the other hand, don't expect any of us to be happy that our community is now associated with you.

[quote name='depascal22']15% or 16% off and free shipping made a lot of people loyal customers of EB.

Sell Guilty Gear Slash for $25 shipped for the next week. Follow it up by selling Okami for $35 shipped the next week. Make people excited to come to your site every week. Offer coupons to people that purchase over a $100 of merchandise. Do something that will make us care about your site as a part of our community. .[/quote]

Great post!

DEPASCAL, I respect your honesty. And I respect what CHEAPY started. I am upping the promotion as per your request.

FROM NOW ON THE NEW VIDEOGAMECENTRAL CAG COUPON IS INCREASED TO 18% OFF:

cheapvgcgamer = 18% off coupon

or

AND IN HONOR OF VGC'S NUMBER ONE FAN, ROUFUSS, AN ADDITIONAL CAG COUPON FOR FREE SHIPPING (CHOOSE VALUE SHIP WHEN USING THIS COUPON, IT'S FIRST CLASS, NOT MEDIA):

roufussdufus = Free Shipping coupon (again, remember to shoose value)

or

A $20 OFF CAG COUPON FOR OVER A $100 PURCHASE.

unclebobby = $20 Off coupon $100 purchase or more.

There is only one field to use the coupon when purchasing so you would just choose the one that most benefits you. These coupons are only for CAG members and will be active until June 30th.

I hope you all see that I tried...

[quote name='depascal22']Wow. Now you're coming on like a drunk chick.[/quote]

I'm not sure, does that mean it's a good deal to you?

[quote name='TheOracle']
roufussdufus
unclebobby[/quote]

Yeah...sounding more like that old skool fool more and more now. I see you tried hard...tried hard to be a douchebag and succeeded.

[quote name='Brak']
[quote name='TheOracle']
You said your done...
[/QUOTE]
His what?[/QUOTE]
I don't usually pick on grammar, even though it's a pet peeve, but he makes this mistake on the site as well. It's very unprofessional looking.

New coupons valid until June 30th..

FROM NOW ON THE NEW VIDEOGAMECENTRAL CAG COUPON IS INCREASED TO 18% OFF:

cheapvgcgamer = 18% off coupon

or

AND IN HONOR OF VGC'S NUMBER ONE FAN, ROUFUSS, AN ADDITIONAL CAG COUPON FOR FREE SHIPPING (CHOOSE VALUE SHIP WHEN USING THIS COUPON, IT'S FIRST CLASS, NOT MEDIA):

roufussdufus = Free Shipping coupon (again, remember to choose value)

or

A $20 OFF CAG COUPON FOR OVER A $100 PURCHASE.

unclebobby = $20 Off coupon $100 purchase or more.

There is only one field to use the coupon when purchasing so you would just choose the one that most benefits you. These coupons are only for CAG members and will be active until June 30th.

There should be some good deals here, real coupons with a sense of humor added.

[quote name='super_nerd']Yeah...sounding more like that old skool fool more and more now. I see you tried hard...tried hard to be a douchebag and succeeded.[/quote]

Just a sense of humor sir. I have been called every name in the book from Mr.Roufuss. It is an active coupon. It's just letters...

[quote name='TheOracle']
roufussdufus = Free Shipping coupon (again, remember to choose value)

There should be some good deals here, real coupons with a sense of humor added.
[/quote] How professional.

I don't think it's a coupon with a sense of humor. It looks more like a cheap-shot way of getting back at someone.

[quote name='parKer20']How professional.

I don't think it's a coupon with a sense of humor. It looks more like a cheap-shot way of getting back at someone.[/quote]

I agree. But Roufuss tried to be very hurtful with his comments to VGC and myself.

UncleBobby coup was more a respectful nod to him then anything else.

It's only letters,... but the discounts are real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back