NEW Gamerush Deals thread - This place still rocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='fragmanslayer']There is a limit to 20 dvd/game trades per customer per day. I got stopped when I tried to sell them 22 dvds. They took 20 and made me come back another day for the other 2. Sheesh.

Of course they wouldnt still have the bogo deal on dvds if you can buy em and sell em right back for more than you paid. That would make things way too easy for non CAGers. HAHA.[/quote]
They would only let me trade in 9 a day

I asked my CS at GR and they said in socal its trade 2 get 1 new for 29.99. Is it really supposed to be trade 1 get 1 for 29.99? If so, I am gonna wait for a newer/better deal.

[quote name='fragmanslayer']I asked my CS at GR and they said in socal its trade 2 get 1 new for 29.99. Is it really supposed to be trade 1 get 1 for 29.99? If so, I am gonna wait for a newer/better deal.[/quote]

Not True, alot of CSR are not up to date on their promotions. I had this deal done numerous times at the Diamond Bar GR. But when i went to the GR in West Covina. I was told that it was trade in 2 and get 1 NR. She even called up 2 other GR and they said the same thing. (She did mention that they weren't "GameRush CSR). Then i had her call the Diamond Bar GR and got the deal. So if your having a problem getting this deal just say you got the deal at Diamond Bar and have them call. Also i heard the deal is ending in a few days so hurry the fuck up.

I was going to trade in my older games for multiple copies of Paper Mario 2, Burnout 3, etc and sell them back for $40. Make sense to anyone? Then, I hope they have the trade in X games get 1 game for $5 deal or something like it in the future. I will use my trade 5 games get 1 game for $1 coupon. Im going to photocopy it so I can use it again and again. HEHE.

I'm new to this thread, so what games can I trade in and get a lot of money other than newer titles. Do they still give you $20 for the Hobbit GC?

[quote name='zewone'][quote name='buster90']The get any game for $30 with one trade is YMMV. Mostly in new markets I can't find any Texas stores taking advantage of this deal.[/quote]

It is. Over here in Central California they aren't running it.[/quote]

Where in central California?

[quote name='JSweeney']Does anyone know if any newstand version of the magazines have the 3 coupon gamerush ad?[/quote]

This month's xbox mag and also Gamepro have the three coupons. I live in Georgia.

[quote name='cyberlian']I bought 12 dvds for $5 each with credit i already had, and then took them to another gr and sold them back for $8 apiece...[/quote]

Nice! You should have just traded them back to the same store right after you bought them.

[quote name='fragmanslayer']I was going to trade in my older games for multiple copies of Paper Mario 2, Burnout 3, etc and sell them back for $40. Make sense to anyone? Then, I hope they have the trade in X games get 1 game for $5 deal or something like it in the future. I will use my trade 5 games get 1 game for $1 coupon. Im going to photocopy it so I can use it again and again. HEHE.[/quote]

When you read the fine print, it tells you that reproductions are not accepted. Considering the difference between the paper used in magazines and paper out of a photocopier, it's going to be rather obvious.
Don't be lame and greedy. Just be glad you got the deals you did.
It's the jerks that try to get something extra that screw it up for everyone else.

O.k., quick question, is the trade two get a game for 29.99 deal still going?

Edit: One more question until when is the trade in any dvd get $8 deal going to last?

[quote name='fragmanslayer']I was going to trade in my older games for multiple copies of Paper Mario 2, Burnout 3, etc and sell them back for $40. Make sense to anyone? Then, I hope they have the trade in X games get 1 game for $5 deal or something like it in the future. I will use my trade 5 games get 1 game for $1 coupon. Im going to photocopy it so I can use it again and again. HEHE.[/quote]

How are you going to get $40 trade in? I thought the trade in was $35 on most new games.

[quote name='JSweeney']That's really strange then...
I have subs to EGM and OPM, and got the 3 coupon Gamerush ads in both of them, and I'm in the Midwest.[/quote]

I have not found i single Mag with those coupons....kinda suck :)

[quote name='Wshakspear']the "trade 3 or more and get +$5" thingy im guessing.[/quote]

do they still have this deal. I went to gr like a week ago and they said it was trade 3 or more get $5 total, not per game.

[quote name='RandyTsai'][quote name='Wshakspear']the "trade 3 or more and get +$5" thingy im guessing.[/quote]

do they still have this deal. I went to gr like a week ago and they said it was trade 3 or more get $5 total, not per game.[/quote]

Then you bum-loved :) The deal is/was (not sure anymore...depending on location i guess) you trade in 3+ games, you get $5 PER game ($3 psone) on top of normal trade in values

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']O.k., quick question, is the trade two get a game for 29.99 deal still going?

Edit: One more question until when is the trade in any dvd get $8 deal going to last?[/quote]

the trade 2 get a new release for 29.99 is still going through certain GR. i guess it just depends where you live. the dvd trade in for a minimum of 8 is good i think through the end of this month.

Hmmm i went last night and the employee (whos a good guy and is trustworthy) told me that they no longer do the trade 2 get a pre-order for 29.99.

Anyway i tried trading in a few dvds and one of them wasnt in the system it was called kavik the wolf dog ahahhahha

[quote name='sevdustflyer']Hmmm i went last night and the employee (whos a good guy and is trustworthy) told me that they no longer do the trade 2 get a pre-order for 29.99.[/quote]Maybe because that deal is over? :? The deal being over would be the most logical thing to me.

[quote name='sj41'][quote name='sevdustflyer']Hmmm i went last night and the employee (whos a good guy and is trustworthy) told me that they no longer do the trade 2 get a pre-order for 29.99.[/quote]Maybe because that deal is over? :? The deal being over would be the most logical thing to me.[/quote]

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that ended a week ago.

I am pretty sure the CSR at GR dont care that its a reproduction as I was using printed copies of a coupon that had "no reproductions" in the terms and they read it and didnt stop the transaction. Its all YMMV. I dont really mind if they reject me on a copy of the coupon, cause I can just say I didnt want to ruin my mag by ripping the coupon out. Worth a shot.

$40 per game is including the $5 extra per game which is supposed to be going until 11/8 according to my local GR. Just before Halo... Plus, they also said the trade 2 get 1 new release (not preorder?) for 29.99 is only good until this sunday 10/24. Going to use my credit from DVD/game trades to pick up those XBOX holiday bundles and sell them to friends and family. Easy way to use credit and get cash short of trying Ebay.

Some deals GR will combine, like the extra $5 per game when trading 3+ games with the trade 2 get 1 new game for $29.99. I wish they were still doing the preorder so I could order the HALO 2 CE and GTA SA for cheap. But they MIGHT NOT combine the get extra $5 per game with the trade 3 get 1 (used) for $10 series of coupons. Again, its a YMMV.

[quote name='rafissaying']what xbox holiday bundles were you talking about??[/quote]

That one bundle that comes with NCAA 2005 and Amped 2 I believe is the holiday bundle.

Mine just opened today, said it's trade 1, but I'm going to go back tomorrow with my stack of trades and clarify if it's new games or preorders. If it's preorders, they're my new best friends.

[quote name='Nephets'][quote name='rafissaying']what xbox holiday bundles were you talking about??[/quote]

That one bundle that comes with NCAA 2005 and Amped 2 I believe is the holiday bundle.[/quote]The new bundles should be available at GameRush on the 24th and it comes with the Xbox console with a controller, NCAA 2005, Top Spin, and a 2 month free trial. It's a very nice deal in terms of how much all the stuff is worth right now. :)

So, anyone know when the NEXT deal will be taking place?

I have a copy of MK:Deception and I'm debating whether to trade it in NOW for $35 or wait and see if they have a GREAT deal coming up soon.

Went last night, this is what I did:

Traded 8 games and 2 dvds for 84.50 in credit. Prices include $5 extra per game.
Rayman Arena $10
Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2 - $8
MGS2 $8
GTA 3 $8
Castlevania LOI $12
Transworld Surf $8
Kelly Slater Pro Surfer $8
Tekken Tag Tournament $6.50
DVD - Negotiator $8
DVD - Double Jeopardy $8

Used the (verified) trade 1 get 1 new for 29.99 to get
Paper Mario 2
XMen Legends
Burnout3
THUG2
SW Battlefront
MK Deception
Tiger Woods 2005

Good thing I had $300 in credit to cover this. Now I am going to sell them back at $40 a pop with either buy new game again at 29.99 or used games for 10,5, or 1 with coupon. Cycle should net me at least $7 a disc/trade.

[quote name='Gojtron']Mine just opened today, said it's trade 1, but I'm going to go back tomorrow with my stack of trades and clarify if it's new games or preorders. If it's preorders, they're my new best friends.[/quote]

It's trade 1 for a new game. Not pre-orders.

[quote name='fragmanslayer']Went last night, this is what I did:

Traded 8 games and 2 dvds for 84.50 in credit. Prices include $5 extra per game.
Rayman Arena $10
MGS2 $8
GTA 3 $8
Castlevania LOI $12
Transworld Surf $8
DVD - Negotiator $8
DVD - Double Jeopardy $8

Paper Mario 2
XMen Legends
Burnout3
THUG2
SW Battlefront
MK Deception
Tiger Woods 2005

Good thing I had $300 in credit to cover this. Now I am going to sell them back at $40 a pop with either buy new game again at 29.99 or used games for 10,5, or 1 with coupon. Cycle should net me at least $7 a disc/trade.[/quote]

What games have trade in values of $40? I thought $35 was the highest.

I guess I don't understand how turning $300 credit into $280 credit is a good deal.

[quote name='Indiana'][quote name='fragmanslayer']Went last night, this is what I did:

Rayman Arena $10
MGS2 $8
GTA 3 $8
Castlevania LOI $12
Transworld Surf $8
DVD - Negotiator $8
DVD - Double Jeopardy $8

Paper Mario 2
XMen Legends
Burnout3
THUG2
SW Battlefront
MK Deception
Tiger Woods 2005

Good thing I had $300 in credit to cover this. Now I am going to sell them back at $40 a pop with either buy new game again at 29.99 or used games for 10,5, or 1 with coupon. Cycle should net me at least $7 a disc/trade.[/quote]

I guess I don't understand how turning $300 credit into $280 credit is a good deal.[/quote]

:rofl: I don't see how it is either.

Here are the numbers...
credit after trades (on account) = 293.00
credit after 7 game purchase = 65.75

7 games cost me 227.25, sell back for 280. Not much return on the investment up front, but the kicker is, I plan on using the "trade 3 games get 1 game for $5" coupon to rack up new release used games (pikmin 2, star ocean III, etc) to exploit the coupon deals.

Using the deals:
Those 7 games I paid 227.25 for will get 280 in credit. Plus I will shell out a total of $17 for 3 games that I can sell right back and get $120 and pick up 1 more game at $5.40 to sell back at $35 (if I cant find 2 other games...)

Lets add that up and we get 280-17+120-5.40+35 = 412.60 (investment of 227.25) plus the credit of 65.75 on my account = 478.35. I wish I had known earlier when they had the "trade 2 get 1 game for $10" deal when they opened gamerush. I could have made thousands just recycling their stock.

You make more outside Los Angeles cause tax is 8.25%

[quote name='Nephets'][quote name='Indiana'][quote name='fragmanslayer']Went last night, this is what I did:

Rayman Arena $10
MGS2 $8
GTA 3 $8
Castlevania LOI $12
Transworld Surf $8
DVD - Negotiator $8
DVD - Double Jeopardy $8

Paper Mario 2
XMen Legends
Burnout3
THUG2
SW Battlefront
MK Deception
Tiger Woods 2005

I guess I don't understand how turning $300 credit into $280 credit is a good deal.[/quote]

:rofl: I don't see how it is either.[/quote]

:rofl: I thought this was cheapassgamer not dumbassgamer

I guess I could be a dumbass if I didnt figure out how to add. I didnt spend the whole 300 on those games so bleh. Dont need to help you figure out how to make a quick buck. Duh.

[quote name='fragmanslayer']I guess I could be a dumbass if I didnt figure out how to add. I didnt spend the whole 300 on those games so bleh. Dont need to help you figure out how to make a quick buck. Duh.[/quote]

Well, the fact that you can't see beyond the fact that they yank the 5 dollars extra per trade in off the table the second you flash a coupon, it looks like you've haven't fully throught this through either.

Of course, if you do trade them in with the coupons (copies no less) and get the extra $5 each in trade in value, you're just a selfish asshole, even if they let you do it.

You know it's against the terms and conditions of the policies, coupons.
Doing something like that makes you an avericious little scumbag.
If you do do that, it'll be people like you that get these sweetheart deals removed.

[quote name='JSweeney']If you do do that[/quote]Ha. You said do do. :)

Hoping to get to GameRush sometime this weekend to see if they have anything that I might want to try and do. Hopefully they'll have something that I want to do.

Well, I guess I am just a selfish asshole. BUT I will be a happy selfish asshole with eventually a free DS, PS3, XBOX2, and whatever my credit will allow. How am I diiferent from those who whore-d all the $5 game clearance deals. I have never been able to get there before some person swipes all the games, even the shitty ones.

If they allow me to trade, its not my problem. Look at it this way, thanks to me you can soon buy brand spanking new (used) releases for cheap if you are in my area and have the coupon and have games to trade. If not, tough shit. Dont be mad at me for finding a loophole in the system.

[quote name='"JSweeney"'][quote name='"fragmanslayer"']I guess I could be a dumbass if I didnt figure out how to add. I didnt spend the whole 300 on those games so bleh. Dont need to help you figure out how to make a quick buck. Duh.[/quote]

Well, the fact that you can't see beyond the fact that they yank the 5 dollars extra per trade in off the table the second you flash a coupon, it looks like you've haven't fully throught this through either.

Of course, if you do trade them in with the coupons (copies no less) and get the extra $5 each in trade in value, you're just a selfish asshole, even if they let you do it.

You know it's against the terms and conditions of the policies, coupons.
Doing something like that makes you an avericious little scumbag.
If you do do that, it'll be people like you that get these sweetheart deals removed.[/quote]

Oh, and by the way, I havent been on here for long enough to know if you are a complainer or not, but with the name calling, bad typing skills, and obvious hatred in your post, I would have to come to the conclusion that you are a very hateful and jealous person. :twisted: :grouphug:

fragman, you're about to get Sweeney'd if you're not caref...

ah, it's too late. You're dead for sure.

fragman, you're about to get Sweeney'd if you're not caref...

ah, it's too late. You're dead for sure.

Well, I guess I am just a selfish asshole. BUT I will be a happy selfish asshole with eventually a free DS, PS3, XBOX2, and whatever my credit will allow.

So? Good theives can do much better. At least they're honest about their theft. You actually think you have a clever loophole, when in actuality you're commiting fraud each and every time you turn in a copied coupon.

How am I diiferent from those who whore-d all the $5 game clearance deals.

They followed the policies to the letter. You are commiting fraud if you practice the method which you alluded to.

Coupon Fraud
When does a fraud occur?
A coupon is valid only when presented by a consumer to a retailer in conjunction with a purchase of the brand, size, and quantity of the product specified by the coupon. If submitted in any way other than that detailed by the issuing manufacturer, a misredemption occurs. Misredemptions can constitute a violation of Federal and/or State law.

I have never been able to get there before some person swipes all the games, even the shitty ones.

To little to late. Just because you can't get deals legitimately doesn't give you the right to commit fraud.

If they allow me to trade, its not my problem.

Yes it is, you are knowingly commiting fraud. The fact that a clerk allows you to do it doesn't change that.

Look at it this way, thanks to me you can soon buy brand spanking new (used) releases for cheap if you are in my area and have the coupon and have games to trade. If not, tough shit.

You make me sick. You're a thief, and now you're trying to make yourself sound magnanimous?

Dont be mad at me for finding a loophole in the system.
Loopholes don't include fraud. You're a thief, not a clever cheapass.

JSweeney,

Most of the time when I see your posts like this I just ignore them hoping everyone else will too. But I have got to ask this time, do you ever consider giving it a rest? I don't disagree with what you most of what you are saying, but it seems a little odd to me that you feel it's necessary to post like this over and over and over. And in this same format with the bolding and the dissecting of each line. Seriously bro do you have any idea how annoying that is. Can't wait to have this post broken down sentence by sentence and answered back.

[quote name='jshorr']JSweeney,

Most of the time when I see your posts like this I just ignore them hoping everyone else will too. But I have got to ask this time, do you ever consider giving it a rest? I don't disagree with what you most of what you are saying, but it seems a little odd to me that you feel it's necessary to post like this over and over and over. And in this same format with the bolding and the dissecting of each line. Seriously bro do you have any idea how annoying that is. Have you ever considered giving it a rest? Can't wait to have this post broken down sentence by sentence and answered back.[/quote]

Nope.
Do you know how annoying it is to see people constantly posting fraudulent/illegal tactics as "clever cheapass deals"?

Excuse me for using an ordered and logic method to answer posts back.
Perhaps I should type in all caps and broken english... everyone seems to have no problem with that.

[quote name='jshorr']JSweeney,

Most of the time when I see your posts like this I just ignore them hoping everyone else will too. But I have got to ask this time, do you ever consider giving it a rest? I don't disagree with what you most of what you are saying, but it seems a little odd to me that you feel it's necessary to post like this over and over and over. And in this same format with the bolding and the dissecting of each line. Seriously bro do you have any idea how annoying that is. Can't wait to have this post broken down sentence by sentence and answered back.[/quote]

I like when he does that. It makes it so that people cant go "well, what about BLAH" because he already answered it. And to whomever is making copies and using those, i will now qoute Liar Liar in Bold: "STOP BREAKING THE LAW, A-HOLE!!!"

[quote name='JSweeney'][quote name='jshorr']JSweeney,

Most of the time when I see your posts like this I just ignore them hoping everyone else will too. But I have got to ask this time, do you ever consider giving it a rest? I don't disagree with what you most of what you are saying, but it seems a little odd to me that you feel it's necessary to post like this over and over and over. And in this same format with the bolding and the dissecting of each line. Seriously bro do you have any idea how annoying that is. Have you ever considered giving it a rest? Can't wait to have this post broken down sentence by sentence and answered back.[/quote]

Nope.
Do you know how annoying it is to see people constantly posting fraudulent/illegal tactics as "clever cheapass deals"?

Excuse me for using an ordered and logic method to answer posts back.
Perhaps I should type in all caps and broken english... everyone seems to have no problem with that.[/quote]

It just seems a strange format to employ every time you reply to someone to argue/refute them. It is very logical, but this isn't a debate forum. And it can make you come off like you think you're better than everyone. It's not going to go any way towards people actually understanding your opinions and considering them. It's going to tick people off. It's annoying, and I think you know that.

What is it that compels you to go off on people at such length? And you must understand, people have different opinions about what is morally/ethically right and wrong. Does it make you somehow feel better to make these kind of posts, or do you actually think you are going to influence people?

If Blockbuster wants to let me use a coupon and give me an extra $5 per game, I'M GOING TO LET THEM! Ditto if they want to let me get $5 extra and then do a preorder deal, even though technically you can only do one offer. I must really be a terrible person, greedy, shame on me. Now I PERSONALLY think that photocopying a coupon that says "No Reproductions" is dishonest and I wouldn't do it. But unless someone asked me their opinion I'm not going to make it a point to go shoving it down someone's throat. You probably don't care what I think, just like most people won't care what you think about them in all of your posts. But I think that most people by now understand where you stand on these issues, don't scam, don't try to get over, stay on the straight an narrow, we get it, maybe you don't have to post the same theme that much anymore? Just a suggestion of course.

The problem that JSweeny has and some others along with him is when people come on the board and gloat /brag at their "deals" when actually they are just comiting fraud/exploitation. Its fine if you want to screw a company over, just dont talk about it on here.

Thats why its called Cheap Ass gamer not Crooked Ass Gamer. :(

It just seems a strange format to employ every time you reply to someone to argue/refute them. It is very logical, but this isn't a debate forum.

True, but even in normal cases it enhances readability and makes things clearer and more concise. It also cuts down on the number of misunderstandings a passage of text can create.

And it can make you come off like you think you're better than everyone.

No, if anything, I would think the tone, not the formatting, of what I write would be more likely to inspire that sort of reaction.

It's not going to go any way towards people actually understanding your opinions and considering them.

More often than not, it will. Since the points are more clearly defined and seperated, it's easier to follow.

It's going to tick people off. It's annoying, and I think you know that.

Considering Wshakspear's opinion on the same issue, it hardly seems unanimous. I've got to agree with him on the issue. It makes things easier to follow and less ambigious. I hardly see how that can be a bad thing.

What is it that compels you to go off on people at such length?
I saw what I feel needs to be said. More often than not, what I write is fairly concise. It's the repetition of the earlier post that makes it appear larger.

You must understand, people have different opinions about what is morally/ethically right and wrong. Does it make you somehow feel better to make these kind of posts, or do you actually think you are going to influence people?

Yes. If people aren't made aware that something is fraud and/or illegal, they are going to think it's a great idea. That's bad for everyone.

If Blockbuster wants to let me use a coupon and give me an extra $5 per game, I'M GOING TO LET THEM!

If you go into the store knowingly trying to use a copied coupon and violate the written terms, it's coupon fraud, and nothing more or less.
Just because it doesn't bother you doesn't change that.

Ditto if they want to let me get $5 extra and then do a preorder deal, even though technically you can only do one offer. I must really be a terrible person, greedy, shame on me. Now I PERSONALLY think that photocopying a coupon that says "No Reproductions" is dishonest and I wouldn't do it.

While there are gradations of right and wrong, going around specifically spreading misinformation isn't good. One person doing something is an individual act. A few people is an anomoly. A couple hundred people is stasticially significant. Considering the volume of readers and posters on the board, it's just bad policy to allow a scam/fraud to run unopposed.

But unless someone asked me their opinion I'm not going to make it a point to go shoving it down someone's throat.

He offered up his scheme as a "great idea". That's all the opening I need to refute the validity of said "great idea"

You probably don't care what I think, just like most people won't care what you think about them in all of your posts.

Actually, I do, and you do raise a few good points.

But I think that most people by now understand where you stand on these issues, don't scam, don't try to get over, stay on the straight an narrow, we get it, maybe you don't have to post the same theme that much anymore? Just a suggestion of course.

While you may have a point, there is a high turnover rate here, and from time to time large influxes of new users. If you look it's often a new user that I get in a discussion with each time. If my viewpoint was that well known, people wouldn't keep treading the same ground.. especially in front of me.

Sweeney, I'm glad you have the bold thing since now, i've turned off avatars and sigs, so I know who you are. Yipee!

And jshorr, I can't believe Sweeney was as nice as he was due to you, apparantly, not understanding fairly simple laws. You may not reproduce coupons and use them. You are saying that BB allows this. No, they don't. That's why they print on the coupon, no reproductions. What the hell are you defending?

And yes, I listen, and consider what J Sweeney has to say, since he is a good little CAG. He follows the rules the way they should be in deals (AFAIK since he doesn't brag about scamming stores), on the CAG boards, and he always knows what he's talking about. He never seems annoying about bolding the wrong-doer to let the guy know that he needs to act differently when he's on CAG.

You however, I am not listening to. I really don't even consider what you're typing right now, because you are obviously wrong about the coupon law.

Just follow THE fuckIN LAW and maybe you can be a good little CAG like J Sweeney, instead of whining to Sweeney about him being right too much. :wink:

Now, who wants to bold my typing and break it down, sentence by sentence? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back