New Gamestop Trade In Promotion (Up to 40% extra Trade-In Credit)

jt2k3

CAGiversary!
Starting tomorrow, 9/7/05 ----> for at least a week, see local GS B&M for ending date.

Trade in any 2 videogames, DVDs, accessories or UMDs, and get an extra 20% trade in credit.

Trade in any 3 videogames, DVDs, accessories, or UMDs, and get an extra 30% trade in credit.

Trade in any 4 or more videogames, accessories, DVDs, or UMDs, and get an extra 40% trade in credit. for all trade ins.

NO RESTRICTIONS NO RESTRICTIONS NO RESTRICTIONS NO RESTRICTIONS NO RESTRICTIONS NO RESTRICTIONS NO RESTRICTIONS NO RESTRICTIONS NO RESTRICTIONS NO RESTRICTIONS NO RESTRICTIONS NO RESTRICTIONS NO RESTRICTIONS NO RESTRICTIONS

NIIIICE deal for those of you trading in towards new games or 360 :D

Yet another Cheap Ass Deal from your back from the dead friend, jt2k3 :)

[quote name='illennium']A suggestion for those doing GS trade-ins now and later. Since GS doesn't require original cases or manuals for trade-ins (you get the same amount of credit without them), hold onto those and give or trade them instead to members of the CAG community. I'm sure you can find someone around here that lost a manual or got an incomplete game from EBgames.com or another e-tailer and would appreciate it. Just a suggestion.[/QUOTE]

Thats stupid advice, I buy from GS all the time, and I refuse to buy those games missing stuff.

Well, I need to get a new Xbox. Mine works, but I feel like I should be safe and just get a new one so it will last. A new Xbox is around $149.99. If I trade in these at GameStop, will I have enough?

DVDS:
Do The Right Thing (Criterion)
Family Guy Vol. 1
Being John Malkovich
Punch-Drunk Love SE
Mulholland Dr.
Blow

GAMES:
Oni - PS2
Killer 7 - GC (possibly)
Final Fantasy I and II: Dawn of Souls (possibly)

Xbox Gaming System w/ all cords and one controller
Xbox Memory Card

This is still going on at my store. Today I traded in:
Super Monkey Ball 2
Virtua Tennis (gba)
Klonoa 1 (gba)
Eyetoy: Groove
Tiger Woods 2004
Prince of Persia: SOT (GC)
R-type final

and got a new copy of Ninja Gaiden Black and Unreal Championship 2.

offered (before coupon) around $5-6 for NBA Street V3 ps2, splinter cell chaos theory ps2, jade empire le xbox, and around $10 for Destroy all Humans ps2. I declined the trade-in and went to gamerush and got double the credit towards $29 preorders.

Just so you know, trade in values without 40% and after 40% in parentheses:

Madden 2006 (PS2) - $25 ($35)
Hulk Ultimate Destruction (GCN) - $20 ($28)
NBA 2K5 (XBOX) - $1 ($1.80)
Cookie & Cream (PS2) - $4 ($5.60)

So I got $70.40 total.

Funny thing is that I bought Madden 2006, Hulk UD and Mario Tennis (GCN) at Gamestop the day prior for $80.98 with the buy 2 get 1 free coupon plus Gamestop card discount, all with credit I had from the last trade in. So I essentially traded in NBA 2K5, Cookie and Cream and about $10 in credit for Mario Tennis (GCN).

;-)

[quote name='M3wThr33']I heard Tuesday is the last day. So the 28th would be the first day without it.[/QUOTE]

This is correct.. new marketing promo begins the day after and this promotion is then gone.

traded in close to 20 dvds and got back $55 and change. dude that was doing everything tried to sell me some bullshit card by telling me that without it, i wouldn't get the 40% extra. funny, because some other guy behind me said you didn't need it, and the cashier had to reconfirm with his manager who said the same thing. and none of them knew when this promo was going to end.

too bad for the girl that got suckered into getting one of those cards, though.

[quote name='ZR0 Limit']traded in close to 20 dvds and got back $55 and change. dude that was doing everything tried to sell me some bullshit card by telling me that without it, i wouldn't get the 40% extra. funny, because some other guy behind me said you didn't need it, and the cashier had to reconfirm with his manager who said the same thing. and none of them knew when this promo was going to end.

too bad for the girl that got suckered into getting one of those cards, though.[/QUOTE]

Uhmmm....the card is actually a pretty good deal.

I went in to trade my PS2 along w/ other games..

i got 65 + 40% for the system giving me $84 dollars!! i think..
and $11 for memory card!
With other 5 games for trade, got 185 in game bucks!

Immediately, i traded the receipt for 3 $50 gift certificates and ninja gaiden black.

Man, im starting to become GS customer now.

[quote name='ZR0 Limit']traded in close to 20 dvds and got back $55 and change. dude that was doing everything tried to sell me some bullshit card by telling me that without it, i wouldn't get the 40% extra. funny, because some other guy behind me said you didn't need it, and the cashier had to reconfirm with his manager who said the same thing. and none of them knew when this promo was going to end.

too bad for the girl that got suckered into getting one of those cards, though.[/QUOTE]

You sir are a moron.. Those cards are f'n godly..

15 dollars gets you whatever issues of game informers they have in the store.. from 1-3 issues most the time, then another 11 more over the next 11 months, and then you get 10% extra in trades, 10% off used games and you get random coupons in the game informers for +50% extra trade in value or B2G1F coupons like in this months issue..

You not taking it was a stupid idea, and you trading in 20 dvd's and getting $55 is LOL funny too, Im sure that associate gave you "Used Unrated/R/PG-13" SKU .75$ values for half of those.. way to go.

Never post again.

i don't buy used games/dvds/cds, Game Informer is a piece of shit mag, and the extra 10% on trade-ins don't apply to promos like the one that just happened. i wish i could be poor like yourselves who rely on membership cards to validate what great deals you guys got on used games that someone swiped their cock on top of. no seriously, how does their membership card work for people that never use any of their benefits? because really now, that EB EDGE card's really done a whole lot on saving me money when i've never used it once.

and i honestly didn't care how much i got for those dvds because in the end i would've just tossed them in the trash.

LAWL @ being poor, penny pinching $$$$$$s like you!

[quote name='ZR0 Limit']i don't buy used games/dvds/cds, Game Informer is a piece of shit mag, and the extra 10% on trade-ins don't apply to promos like the one that just happened. i wish i could be poor like yourselves who rely on membership cards to validate what great deals you guys got on used games that someone swiped their cock on top of. no seriously, how does their membership card work for people that never use any of their benefits? because really now, that EB EDGE card's really done a whole lot on saving me money when i've never used it once.

and i honestly didn't care how much i got for those dvds because in the end i would've just tossed them in the trash.

LAWL @ being poor, penny pinching $$$$$$s like you![/QUOTE]
And yet he's on a bargain site... the hypocrisy boggles my mind. But amusing nonetheless. Is the implication that he masturbates with his own games before trading them in?

I wouldn't mind getting the card but I could never bring myself to pay the $15 for that magazine subscription to do it. What would be cool is if they offered subscriptions to different gaming magazines when you bought the card. I might do it for another year of EGM or something.

[quote name='botticus']And yet he's on a bargain site... the hypocrisy boggles my mind. [/QUOTE]

seriously ZRO Limit, why would you even bother coming to this site if penny pinching is for poor people?
If you are so well off and not worried about money then you shouldn't have a problem paying $50 for a new game. Yet you come to this site (I would assume looking for good cheap deals) and even take part in a trade in special at Gamestop. Why not just give those DVDs away or throw them away if money is no object?

[quote name='PezRadar']Never post again.[/QUOTE]
To be fair, I thought this was a little harsh. It's one thing to let someone know they're wrong, but geez give the guy a break. I hate to see this thread turning into a flame war.

[quote name='botticus']And yet he's on a bargain site... the hypocrisy boggles my mind. But amusing nonetheless. Is the implication that he masturbates with his own games before trading them in?[/QUOTE]
yes, because browsing a bargain site = going with the popular opinion that getting a "godly" discount card isn't a stupid move.

i was serious about getting my question answered on how getting their membership card helps someone that doesn't use any of their benefits. why should i have to pay $15 for a card that's basically a front for pushing their company owned magazine that i don't even like? and it's not like the guy pushing it knew how it worked because otherwise he wouldn't try to sell it to me by telling me i wouldn't get the extra discount without one. i'm not saving ANY money by getting one of those cards, as far as i'm concerned, it's a waste of $15 that could've been spent towards the purchase of a game.

i can see how many of you that browse the site would benefit from the card, but for someone that doesn't trade often, or even buys from the used section, it's flatout worthless. the only reason why i even have an EDGE card is because i "paid" for it when i bought the Tekken 5 artbook.

[quote name='ZR0 Limit']yes, because browsing a bargain site = going with the popular opinion that getting a "godly" discount card isn't a stupid move.

i was serious about getting my question answered on how getting their membership card helps someone that doesn't use any of their benefits. why should i have to pay $15 for a card that's basically a front for pushing their company owned magazine that i don't even like? and it's not like the guy pushing it knew how it worked because otherwise he wouldn't try to sell it to me by telling me i wouldn't get the extra discount without one. i'm not saving ANY money by getting one of those cards, as far as i'm concerned, it's a waste of $15 that could've been spent towards the purchase of a game.

i can see how many of you that browse the site would benefit from the card, but for someone that doesn't trade often, or even buys from the used section, it's flatout worthless. the only reason why i even have an EDGE card is because i "paid" for it when i bought the Tekken 5 artbook.[/QUOTE]
Actually, I have no problem with you not getting the card, hell, I sure wasn't going to give them $15 for it. I just have issue with being referred to as a poor penny-pinching ass because I don't mind saving a few bucks per game buying used. Be considerate to your peers, please.

[quote name='ManChowder']seriously ZRO Limit, why would you even bother coming to this site if penny pinching is for poor people?
If you are so well off and not worried about money then you shouldn't have a problem paying $50 for a new game. Yet you come to this site (I would assume looking for good cheap deals) and even take part in a trade in special at Gamestop. Why not just give those DVDs away or throw them away if money is no object?[/QUOTE]
i don't have any problems at all paying $50 for a new game. but if i can get rid of some dvds and get a little something back, then why not take part in whatever promo is happening?

and the dvds that i didn't get anything for got tossed in the trash outside the gamestop i went to. i wish i had never bought them.

[quote name='botticus']I just have issue with being referred to as a poor penny-pinching ass because I don't mind saving a few bucks per game buying used. Be considerate to your peers, please.[/quote]
just like i have an issue with being flamed for something i thought wasn't worth my hard-earned money. so hey, don't direct the "be considerate" line at just me because there are members in this thread that can use the lesson more than i could.

[quote name='ZR0 Limit']i don't have any problems at all paying $50 for a new game. but if i can get rid of some dvds and get a little something back, then why not take part in whatever promo is happening?

and the dvds that i didn't get anything for got tossed in the trash outside the gamestop i went to. i wish i had never bought them.

just like i have an issue with being flamed for something i thought wasn't worth my hard-earned money. so hey, don't direct the "be considerate" line at just me because there are members in this thread that can use the lesson more than i could.[/QUOTE]

Youre an ass.

Thread over.

i guess i'm an ass then because i can pay full price for my games. because you know, when you have money you can afford to do these things instead of resorting to buying it used and abused.

[quote name='ZR0 Limit']i guess i'm an ass then because i can pay full price for my games. because you know, when you have money you can afford to do these things instead of resorting to buying it used and abused.[/QUOTE]

I'll gladly take the misfit toys...They are more loving.

all_misfit_toys_welcome_here.jpg

[quote name='ZR0 Limit']
all_misfit_toys_welcome_here.jpg
[/QUOTE]

AHHH!!! Where did you find that picture? Those toys are demons!! :'(

If you have so much money, then why don't you go buy yourself a life! Anyone who has nothing better to do than argue in a video game forum about a discount card is obviously a LOSER. I love the discount card and I have a great job at mbna. I miss allot of the tv shows i enjoy like 24, oz, sopranos etc. I use the card for box sets at gs, it beats paying 50-90 dollars at bestbuy etc. For example I used the b2g1 in the mag this month to pick up sopranos seasons 3, 4 and 5 today. Total was 80.00 minus 10% plus tax = 76.24 compared to over 200 at best buy. So the point being it is not about money it is about brains!!!!

[quote name='bluekeith75']If you have so much money, then why don't you go buy yourself a life! Anyone who has nothing better to do than argue in a video game forum about a discount card is obviously a LOSER. I love the discount card and I have a great job at mbna. I miss allot of the tv shows i enjoy like 24, oz, sopranos etc. I use the card for box sets at gs, it beats paying 50-90 dollars at bestbuy etc. For example I used the b2g1 in the mag this month to pick up sopranos seasons 3, 4 and 5 today. Total was 80.00 minus 10% plus tax = 76.24 compared to over 200 at best buy. So the point being it is not about money it is about brains!!!![/QUOTE]

Well said my man. Ownage Approved

[quote name='Pookymeister1234']I make enough money where i could pay $50 a game and get 40 games a month if i REALLY wanted to. BUT THATS DUMB AND NO FUN[/QUOTE]

I don't care about that. What pisses me off is the GS 'You bring anything in to trade' endless questions when it's obvious that I don't. If you can't see it, it's not for you.

can someone confirm if the extra 40% is after teh total of trade in or 40% for each game
like it's useless trading in wreckless it they are going to give me only an extra 405 on it, BUT if it's 40% with a bunch of extra games...

so can anyone confimr that

also IS it ONLY 40% for 4 games, if you trade in 10 game will you get 40% on all of them???

[quote name='WTFer']can someone confirm if the extra 40% is after teh total of trade in or 40% for each game
like it's useless trading in wreckless it they are going to give me only an extra 405 on it, BUT if it's 40% with a bunch of extra games...

so can anyone confimr that

also IS it ONLY 40% for 4 games, if you trade in 10 game will you get 40% on all of them???[/QUOTE]

Read through the thread my friend and yes you get 40% added to each game even if you trade-in more than 4 games.

So if you traded in 10 games you get 40% added to the credit for each one. It tells you this on the receipt they give you with your credit slip.

[quote name='InuFaye']Well said my man. Ownage Approved[/QUOTE]
yes, i also approve of him owning himself. because you know, telling someone that they're a loser for arguing about a discount card, and then doing the same thing himself is pure ownage. i especially liked this part:

[quote name='bluekeith75']If you have so much money, then why don't you go buy yourself a life![/quote]

how old are you to come up with stupid shit like this? is your life that great that you can't come up with something smarter? or is your life that much of a joke that you have to resort to 2nd grade lines that only make you look stupid in the end? yea, it's not about the money, and all about the brains, but what makes you so much smarter than the person willing to shell out for the dvds/games/cds/whatever now instead of down the line? because you own a discount card? come up with an argument more compelling than that, please. you = teh pwnt.

and no one's still validated why this card is so "godly" that a person who doesn't need it (the benefits) should have one.

does anyone know if this is still going on this month, Oct.?
I want to trade in my Spider-Man Ultimate game
& an extra 40% is sounding pretty damn good

bread's done
Back