New Kmart Clearance Price Drops (YMMV)

Irsaan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just got back from my first trip to Kmart since the incredibly terrible "10-50% off clearance games" ad from 2 weeks ago, and this time there were quite a few unannounced drops. What I saw was:

:ps3:
Bioshock GH $6.99 (previously $9.99)
Front Mission Evolved $9.99 (previously $19.99)
Rock Band Country Pack 2 $4.99 (previously ?)
Dragon Age II $17.99 (previously $19.99)
There were 3-4 other rock band track packs for $4.99 also (previously ?)

:360:
Bayonetta $9.99 (previously $19.99)

:ds:
Glory of Heracles $9.99 (previously $14.99)

If I go again in the next few days, I'll let everyone else know what else went down. Best of luck to everyone finding some other deals!

(PS, if I screwed this up somehow, sorry)

I found something weird about K-mart pricing.

A few days ago, I saw a copy of Uncharted 2 (old non-GOTY ed.) priced at $29.99 while Uncharted 3 was $19.99 and the dual pack (which includes UC2 GOTY ed.) for $29.99.

I thought it was maybe a price mistake, so I asked CSR to price check the old game and it still scanned for $29.99.

Weird......

[quote name='Tax']I was able to get the Gears of War Xbox for $210 at a K-Mart in Orange Park, FL.[/QUOTE]

I only saw one when I was there three weeks ago - my girlfriend picked it up today, but I'm assuming it was only one.

[quote name='Z77']I'm sorry if this has been discussed before, but is it known how KMarts figure clearance? Like regional or store by store?

Found a store tonight with both the Star Wars ($300) and Gears consoles but sadly the Gears was still $349. Tomorrow I'll be about an hour away with another two KMarts sort of close and wondering if it's worth checking them out.[/QUOTE]

I also found a GoW bundle but it was still marked for $280... I was so pissed... I was hoping I would get it for $210. Anyone know anything about their pricing scheme or if you can get them to match another KMarts price(If someone here can post a screenshot of their receipt)?

[quote name='titanzguard']I also found a GoW bundle but it was still marked for $280... I was so pissed... I was hoping I would get it for $210. Anyone know anything about their pricing scheme or if you can get them to match another KMarts price(If someone here can post a screenshot of their receipt)?[/QUOTE]
Did you scan it/have it scanned?

To all of you finding the GoW bundles: I'm jelly.:cry:

[quote name='titanzguard']I also found a GoW bundle but it was still marked for $280... I was so pissed... I was hoping I would get it for $210. Anyone know anything about their pricing scheme or if you can get them to match another KMarts price(If someone here can post a screenshot of their receipt)?[/QUOTE]

Get on back there and buy it...Kmarts are notorious for their lack of keeping prices updated both on the shelf and product. It will most likely scan $210

[quote name='jakejaws']Get on back there and buy it...Kmarts are notorious for their lack of keeping prices updated both on the shelf and product. It will most likely scan $210[/QUOTE]

The woman claimed she scanned it and said it was $280... I was surprised and said I think its on clearance for $210. I did not see her scan it though(I was helping my son in the isle). Should I go back and ask her to scan again? Maybe she was just reading from the tag on the box - althought I believe the tag on the box was 349.99. Thats why I asked if clearance was universal.

Thanks guys!

[quote name='jakejaws']Get on back there and buy it...Kmarts are notorious for their lack of keeping prices updated both on the shelf and product. It will most likely scan $210[/QUOTE]

When I found the Gears xbox yesterday I had them scan it and it rang up $349.99. Really had high hopes to finally find a deal when I first spotted it. Today went to another KMart and was talking to an employee who scanned the tag in their xbox display even though they were out of it and it rang up $349.99 there also.

Saw the Star Wars Kinect Bundle for $300 and the 3D Display for $149.99. Too bad I already own both and don't need to upgrade. Did pick up another Resistance DualShock Bundle for $36.00.

[quote name='Kstyle']brand new psp 3000 for 84.99
umm didn't think it was a bad deal[/QUOTE]

I saw one for the same price at mine also. I'd pick it up if was $40 or less. So many things you can do with it with homebrew.

Picked up some Wii AC/DC Track Packs for $1 and had to buy the GOW 3 360 for $210. Grabbed all 3 of 3ds games for $4.97. I wish I had this luck at sears.

Did B2G1 free on :wii: Harry Potter DH Part 2, :360: Sesame Street Once Upon a Monster, and :3ds: Ghost Recon Shadow Wars - all $9.97. The B2G1 free required an override. Also picked up :3ds: PES 2011 for $4.97

[quote name='coopscohen']Saw the Star Wars Kinect Bundle for $300 and the 3D Display for $149.99. Too bad I already own both and don't need to upgrade. Did pick up another Resistance DualShock Bundle for $36.00.[/QUOTE]

wow 150 for the 3d display is pretty nice

[quote name='bredbu']wow 150 for the 3d display is pretty nice[/QUOTE]

Yep. I would have been really pissed considering I got it from GS for $199.99 about a month ago but that was paid in credit and I would have had to pay cash for this one.

[quote name='coopscohen']Saw the Star Wars Kinect Bundle for $300 and the 3D Display for $149.99. Too bad I already own both and don't need to upgrade. Did pick up another Resistance DualShock Bundle for $36.00.[/QUOTE]

Picked up the dualshock bundle myself as well. Kinda disappointed that it was just 2 seperate games instead of the actual dual pack. Losing 2 bucks in value trading in at best buy

[quote name='ritchardf']Picked up the dualshock bundle myself as well. Kinda disappointed that it was just 2 seperate games instead of the actual dual pack. Losing 2 bucks in value trading in at best buy[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about? Don't trade it in as the dual pack. That's only $8 base. Uncharted 2 GotY is $8 base and Uncharted 1 is $6 base. That's $14 base right there. It didn't matter it wasn't the actual dual pack.

[quote name='Blaster man']I went for the b2g1 and stayed for 90% off the "pennied item" prices. I will post a receipt soon.[/QUOTE]

The receipt is too light to see in a scan. Here's the prices:
Imagine Teacher DS 1.99
EA Active 2 PS3 3.99
Animal Crossing City Folk (Wii) 1.99 (I bought 2 - has a $6 amazon trade in value)
Golden Eye DS 1.99
FF Crystal Chronicles Echoes of Time (Wii) 3.00
Civ Rev DS 1.99
PS3 Remote 3.00
Dark Star One 2.99 (been waiting for this to come down for a while as I like Wing Commander style games)

[quote name='Blaster man']The receipt is too light to see in a scan. Here's the prices:
Imagine Teacher DS 1.99
EA Active 2 PS3 3.99
Animal Crossing City Folk (Wii) 1.99 (I bought 2 - has a $6 amazon trade in value)
Golden Eye DS 1.99
Civ Rev DS 1.99
PS3 Remote 3.00
Dark Star One 2.99 (been waiting for this to come down for a while as I like Wing Commander style games)[/QUOTE]
What does 90% off pennied items mean? Is that for the items that are no longer in the system?

What are you guys going to do if your PS3 Display dies? I've heard it has serious problems.

[quote name='Blaster man']The receipt is too light to see in a scan. Here's the prices:
Imagine Teacher DS 1.99
EA Active 2 PS3 3.99
Golden Eye DS 1.99
Civ Rev DS 1.99
PS3 Remote 3.00
Dark Star One 2.99 (been waiting for this to come down for a while as I like Wing Commander style games)[/QUOTE]

How did you find those in the store and did you have to get them scanned? I don't know how to take advantage of the b2g1 clearance because the clearance bin is full of $19.99 games.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']What does 90% off pennied items mean? Is that for the items that are no longer in the system?[/QUOTE]

Yees, it required manager override just like the b2g1 did.

[quote name='J7.']What are you guys going to do if your PS3 Display dies? I've heard it has serious problems.

How did you find those in the store and did you have to get them scanned? I don't know how to take advantage of the b2g1 clearance because the clearance bin is full of $19.99 games.[/QUOTE]

Normally my kmart is complete shitbut I had a good employee in electronics for once. He got a scanning gun, open the case and I had him scan about half of it. Pro tip: don't bother price checking games with a sticker barcode over the real bar code.

[quote name='Blaster man']
PS3 Remote 3.00
[/QUOTE]

By remote do you mean an official PS3 Sony remote control for watching movies and music?

[quote name='superhippy1986']By remote do you mean an official PS3 Sony remote control for watching movies and music?[/QUOTE]

No it's called "4 in 1 Wireless Gaming Solution"
Here's a picture from an eBay auction, somebody is trying to sell a refurbisehed one...It has a chat pad.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Intec-4-1-Wireless-gaming-solution-PS3-/110790849889
imgLoading_30x30.gif
$%28KGrHqN,%21h8E7%21Qs6CMhBO4GFcJvFw%7E%7E60_12.JPG
Mouse here to zoom in

Here's the receipt for what it's worth. There's 2 DVD's I got for my kid on there. They are pretty cheap but still add like 50% to the total!
29zpitk.jpg

Saw a DS Pokemon White Edition (with game maybe??) for $78 on clearance. I would have bought it, but I'm buying a Wii with 17 games from a friend tomorrow for $100. Other than that I saw PS3 Bakugan for $6.00 but I've never heard of that game. Should I go get it?

Oh and I should mention, they wouldn't give me b2g1 for the stuff that was 90% off. But I didn't really care that much. They were practically free at those prices anyway.

Speaking of B2G1, on a separate transaction I got Enslaved for PS3, De Blob 2 for PS3, and Raving Rabbids for DS. Rabbids was the most expensive ($6.00) the other two were 4.97. My kid likes Rabbids so I got it for her. She's playing it now. There were a shitload of games on clearance for $14.97.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']Can I get B2G1 on the Gear of War 3 consoles? lol[/QUOTE]

Unlikely but you could try if you can find 3 of them. Otherwise it's the cheapest thing that's free.

[quote name='Blaster man']Unlikely but you could try if you can find 3 of them. Otherwise it's the cheapest thing that's free.[/QUOTE]

Well there was 4 this morning until I got one.

Man you guys are lucky. I went to the Kmart closest to me and it was a complete dump; pretty much nothing there.

I did snatch up a sealed copy of Viewtiful Joe for the PS2 for $5 though, so I guess that counts for something...

[quote name='IceColdKilla44']Man you guys are lucky. I went to the Kmart closest to me and it was a complete dump; pretty much nothing there.

I did snatch up a sealed copy of Viewtiful Joe for the PS2 for $5 though, so I guess that counts for something...[/QUOTE]

Oh don't be fooled by the fact that I got a bunch of games...my Kmart is a complete dump also. The fact that it's a shithole is the reason these games will sit around year after year until they're practically giving them away.

It's frankly pathetic that this deal doesn't ring up automatically. I'd say Kmart needs to get their shit together...but it's fucking Kmart so yeah right.

I literally couldn't find anything else so I got two copies of :ps3: Vanquish ($9.98) and :ps3: Enslaved ($4.98) as the free game. There were some good $15 titles but I've played most of them and it's really hard to set up an optimal B2G1 with Kmart being so comically inept.

[quote name='Blaster man']Normally my kmart is complete shitbut I had a good employee in electronics for once. He got a scanning gun, open the case and I had him scan about half of it. Pro tip: don't bother price checking games with a sticker barcode over the real bar code.[/QUOTE]

Were some of these marked full price but ringing up for less then? They had a lot of games in their case which looked like your typical clearance stuff but wasn't marked as such.

My K-Mart had a bunch of barcode signs posted on the glass announcing the buy 2 get 1 free sale. It showed the regular price of the game, and I didn't feel like asking for any scans. I remember seeing The Sly Cooper Collection regular priced at $19.99 - does anyone know the clearance price?

[quote name='IceColdKilla44']Man you guys are lucky. I went to the Kmart closest to me and it was a complete dump; pretty much nothing there.

I did snatch up a sealed copy of Viewtiful Joe for the PS2 for $5 though, so I guess that counts for something...[/QUOTE]

I picked one up at my local Kmart 2 months ago for $2 flat.....

NOTHING at my Kmart but I did see a 29.99 Uncharted 2...there were two. I only picked up a Playstation Move Shooting Attachment for 4.99. I needed it for my wife so we could dual play the couple of shooting games they have for the move.

I was able to get an override for the DS3 bundles. Maybe it was not an override. Nothing was scanning b2g1. Anyway, I picked up the Uncharted bundle & 2 Resistance bundles for $87.89. I applied the remainder of the GC I received for purchasing the SW Xbox bundle. So only $41.14 was oop. I traded 2x DS3 to GS for $84 and U2 Goty, 2x RFoM and 2x R2 to BBY for $42. I ended up with +$38 trade credit, a blue DS3 & U: DF. I mainly wanted to move the GC I had at Kmart to another store. An average gain I suppose.

LBP Bundle still refusing to drop at my store. Other than that, saw a few copies of Samurai Warriors 3DS, Ghost Recon 3DS, Vanquish, and a few others.

Might go back for those 3.....

Well I had some rewards credit so I went back to K-mart.

I picked up a few LBP Collector's Pack w\Plush ($14.97) and a few De Blob 2 ($4.97) w the Buy 2 Get 1. Nothing rang up right. They also had newer games marked buy 2 get 1.

[quote name='Kovorkian']I picked one up at my local Kmart 2 months ago for $2 flat.....[/QUOTE]

I can beat that. About a month ago there were a bunch at mine labeled $1.

[quote name='bobphone']I can beat that. About a month ago there were a bunch at mine labeled $1.[/QUOTE]

Lowest price i've seen games at my local is $2.00 for sealed and thats only for games that are old / no interest or the supply was much greater than demand E.g. DJ Hero

One kmart near me has Yakuza 3 and 4 for $14.99 each... another one has Vanquish for $9.97 and DeBlob2/Enslaved for $4.97 each. I'll probably go back to get Vanquished/Enaslaved/DeBlob 2 this weekend.

All ps3 games btw.

Also saw a black Wii steering wheel on clearance for $6 and a Nyko Wii component cable for like $8.

Does anyone know if Cubic Ninja for 3DS is any good? Saw it for $4.97.

Picked up the following clearance games for the B2G1 free deal:

Creed Brotherhood CE edition
Fable 3 CE edition (x2)

Pretty Sweet Deal; walked out of the store very happy.

bread's done
Back