New price drops aplenty at GameFly - Used games under $10 with free shipping

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
I know there have been a few GF posts recently..but I think this is the most complete.
Got this list by email this morning.

Includes free shipping for members only.
If you are not a member and are considering it, read this:

If you pre-pay the first two months, you only pay $36.95 ($21.95/month thereafter) for two rentals out at a time. $24.95 ($13.95/month thereafter) gets you two months of one rental out at time. You also get a free 1 year subscription to PSM or OXM magazines. When you pre-pay your membership (unlike the free trial), you can start saving money on your used game purchases immediately. You will see the option to pre-pay after you click through and sign up for the free trial. During the last big sale, I signed up for the 2 game out pre-paid plan and I am enjoying the service so far.

Price drops a plenty, picked up by the CAG-O-Matic Price Tracker:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/cheap_gamefly_games.html

The below list is no longer complete...please use the link above to see the most recent price drops.

Notable games over $10
Ratchet & Clank: Up your aresenal (PS2) $20
GT4 (PS2) $33
Silent Hill 4 (Xbox) $13
Siren (PS2) $13

Games for $9.99

Transformers (PS2)
Tenchu (Xbox)
Red Ded Revolver (Xbox)
Nightshade (PS2)
Max Payne 2 (Xbox)
Max Payne 2 (PS2)
LOTR: Return of the King (Xbox)
007: Everyting or Nothing (PS2)
Auto Modellista (Xbox)
Psi-Ops (PS2)
Psi-Ops (Xbox)
Spy Hunter II (Xbox)
Need for Speed: Underground (PS2) $9.99 Buy it
NBA Ballers (Xbox) $9.99 Buy it
Sudeki (Xbox) $9.99 Buy it
Full Spectrum Warrior (Xbox) $9.99 Buy it
James Bond 007: Everything or... (Xbox) $9.99 Buy it
Driver 3 (Xbox) $9.99 Buy it
True Crime: Streets of LA (Xbox) $9.99 Buy it
Hitman Contracts (Xbox) $9.99 Buy it
Shadow Ops: Red Mercury (Xbox) $9.99 Buy it
Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy (Xbox) $9.99 Buy it
Thief: Deadly Shadows (Xbox) $9.99 Buy it
NFL Street (PS2) $9.99 Buy it
The Suffering (Xbox) $9.99 Buy it
Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain (PS2) $9.99 Buy it
Tron 2.0: Killer App (Xbox) $9.99 Buy it
Jak II (PS2) $9.99 Buy it
SOCOM II: U.S. Navy Seals (PS2) $9.99 Buy it
Demon Stone (PS2) $9.99 Buy it
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Jungle...(PS2) $9.99 Buy it
Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy (PS2) $9.99 Buy it
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (PS2) $9.99 Buy it
MX Unleashed (PS2) $9.99 Buy it
True Crime: Streets of LA (PS2) $9.99 Buy it
Second Sight (Xbox) $9.99 Buy it

Games for $7.99
Fight Night 2004 (Xbox) $7.99 Buy it
Top Gear RPM Tuning (Xbox) $7.99 Buy it
ESPN NFL 2K5 (PS2) $7.99 Buy it
UEFA Euro 2004 (Xbox) $7.99 Buy it
McFarlane's Evil Prophecy (PS2) $7.99 Buy it

Games for $6.99
MVP Baseball 2004 (Xbox) $6.99 Buy it
MVP Baseball 2004 (PS2) $6.99 Buy it
Future Tactics: The Uprising (Xbox) $6.99 Buy it

Games for $4.99
ESPN Major League Baseball 2004 (Xbox) $4.99 Buy it
ESPN NBA Basketball (Xbox) $4.99 Buy it
ESPN College Hoops (Xbox) $4.99 Buy it
NHL 2004 (Xbox) $4.99 Buy it
ESPN NBA Basketball (PS2) $4.99 Buy it
NBA Live 2004 (Xbox) $4.99 Buy it
Madden NFL 2004 (Xbox) $4.99 Buy it
ESPN NFL Football (PS2) $4.99 Buy it
ESPN NFL Football (Xbox) $4.99 Buy it

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']whats the condition of these games when you buy them preplayed? are they scratched very bad?[/QUOTE]

I ordered some a while back when I had a free month trial....the games came flawless with case and instructions.

When Gamefly was doing the deal with free shipping to everyone (Right after Christmas, this past year)-- I ordered 4 games from them. All of the games were mint. No scratches, everything perfect. I would order from them again, and recommend that you all do the same.

[quote name='CheapyD']During the last big sale, I signed up for the 2 game out pre-paid plan and I am enjoying the service so far.[/QUOTE]

What's the turnaround time to NYC, Cheapy? When I lived in Nashville it was around 4 or 5 days. As soon as they get an East coast distribution center, I think I'm going to sign up again.

If there's one thing I don't like about the Gamecube market, it's that some franchises don't branch out all the way -- a console exclusive like Katamari Damacy is one thing, but why would XBox and PS2 warrant Lego Star Wars and not the Cube?

If there's a second thing I don't like about the Gamecube market, it's this.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']What's the skinny on these if you aren't a member?[/QUOTE]

If you aren't a member the shipping and handling is $2.99.

Just to follow up further on the condition. Gamefly "used" games always seem to be in MINT condition. I ordered about 8 games from them before, and they came in PERFECT cases, with manuals that appeared UNTOUCHED, and totally clean/unscratched disks. They looked like they had just been taken out of their original wrappers. This seems to be the consensus too.

The next best thing to getting a brand new games...

[quote name='lebowsky']What's the turnaround time to NYC, Cheapy? When I lived in Nashville it was around 4 or 5 days. As soon as they get an East coast distribution center, I think I'm going to sign up again.[/QUOTE]

I would like to know this as well.

So, can I become a member with the "free trial", and buy some of those games with free shipping?

It also seems you get an OPM subscription just for signing up (even if you cancel after the free period is over)?

Edit: Oh, never mind. I just saw that this only kicks in when you actually become a full member. Oh well. What about the free shipping thought?

[quote name='Thundercleese']Just to follow up further on the condition. Gamefly "used" games always seem to be in MINT condition. I ordered about 8 games from them before, and they came in PERFECT cases, with manuals that appeared UNTOUCHED, and totally clean/unscratched disks. They looked like they had just been taken out of their original wrappers. This seems to be the consensus too.

The next best thing to getting a brand new games...[/QUOTE]

Damn. `Gamefly used' sounds a hell of a lot better than `EB new'. =) I never bothered to even check them out because I figured that they'd look a lot like most of the Blockbuster used games.

[quote name='lebowsky']What's the turnaround time to NYC, Cheapy? When I lived in Nashville it was around 4 or 5 days. As soon as they get an East coast distribution center, I think I'm going to sign up again.[/QUOTE]

Its about a week, I believe. Waiting a few extra days isn't a big deal to me as, like most CAGs, I have more games than I have time to play. Its just nice to have those two extra games "in-play" at all times.

Supposedly, an East coast distribution is in the works, but who really knows when that will happen.

[quote name='CaptPete']Damn. `Gamefly used' sounds a hell of a lot better than `EB new'. =) I never bothered to even check them out because I figured that they'd look a lot like most of the Blockbuster used games.[/QUOTE]

Just an FYI: I ordered during the last GF sale, and while the game boxes and manuals game mint, the games were definately used. They were all playable, so I didn't mind, but those of you that are expecting mint games probably should lower your expectations so you are not disapointed.

[quote name='CheapyD']Supposedly, an East coast distribution is in the works, but who really knows when that will happen.[/QUOTE]

Do you have anymore details on this?

[quote name='Elrod']Just an FYI: I ordered during the last GF sale, and while the game boxes and manuals game mint, the games were definately used. They were all playable, so I didn't mind, but those of you that are expecting mint games probably should lower your expectations so you are not disapointed.[/QUOTE]

I have ordered many games from GF, and I would have to say that every game I've gotten from them has been 100% mint, both the discs and manuals. I dunno what happened with your games.

[quote name='set']I have ordered many games from GF, and I would have to say that every game I've gotten from them has been 100% mint, both the discs and manuals. I dunno what happened with your games.[/QUOTE]

Same here, all of the games I've gotten from Gamefly (about 20 or so) have been near mint or mint.

[quote name='resonatorxl']Same here, all of the games I've gotten from Gamefly (about 20 or so) have been near mint or mint.[/QUOTE]

i wouldn't go so far as to say mint. the case and manuals definitely look perfect (no USED stickers and bent pages), but the disc was slightly scratched. but only the type of scratching that comes from regular use.

the only time anything i ordered from them came with more than the average amount of scratching was because the disc came loose during shipping and must've rattled around a lot in the box, but it still plays just fine.

still, gamefly by FAR has the best used games around. don't know how they do it, but they do.

and socom II is looking mighty tempting.

i am hoping they lower prices some more like last time(they dropped sudeki to 7.99, same with galleon and a few others) if there is anything that you think you absolutely want, might want to grab it now before the prices go up(the prices change daily it seems at gamefly)

ive ordered about 30 games(about half were for e-friends that had no credit card but wanted games from the amazing winter sale) and i would say many of the games looked mint(maybe 17 out of 30) like it looked like gamefly was just liquidating backstock of games that were never rented in the first place. the other 13 games varied in condition, some were clearly resurfaced, but the machine they used to resurface is a good quality maching.

some of the game(maybe 5) had a fair amount of scratching, like they were former rentals from BB or gamecrazy.

if you get a game from gameful that really is mint, it is probably bc no one ever rented it, and it was unplayed, or it was resurfaced and their machine is so good you cant tell.

crap, no free shipping, you have to join their rental program to get free shipping, that pretty much kills it for me right there

[quote name='pimp tyranny']can you add multiple games to a purchase? also, is it $3 shipping per game or per purchase?[/QUOTE]
You can only purchase one title at a time, so you pay shipping per title. :whistle2:(

[quote name='dracula']i am hoping they lower prices some more like last time(they dropped sudeki to 7.99, same with galleon and a few others) if there is anything that you think you absolutely want, might want to grab it now before the prices go up(the prices change daily it seems at gamefly)[/quote]
This is true. The prices on titles seem to go up as the number they have in stock drops.

No Gamecube deals makes me sad. :-({|=

That's like the 2003-2004 greatest hits for XBox.. I mean, seriously, you guys.. NFSU, Thief, Psi-Ops, FSW, 007EoN, Hitman: Contracts, Prince of Persia, the list goes on and on.. Gamefly rocks so hardcore.

I caved and ordered Demon Stone for PS2 for a little over $13 after shipping. More than I wanted to pay, but I haven't found this game anywhere under $15 and Gamefly games are worth paying another couple bucks for.

[quote name='set']I have ordered many games from GF, and I would have to say that every game I've gotten from them has been 100% mint, both the discs and manuals. I dunno what happened with your games.[/QUOTE]

As I said, the games I got were used. No major scratches or anything, but they defiantely had been played quite a bit. I didnt mind because the sale was for used games, and they all worked without any problems. I just wanted to let people know, because the games I got were definately not in mint condition.

Long story short: I would order from Gamefly again without hesitation. The only thing that is keeping me from ordering on this current deal is the shipping cost, and the fact that the game I want isnt that cheap as of yet (Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction for the XBox).

[quote name='KwanzaaTimmy']When Gamefly was doing the deal with free shipping to everyone (Right after Christmas, this past year)-- I ordered 4 games from them. All of the games were mint. No scratches, everything perfect. I would order from them again, and recommend that you all do the same.[/QUOTE]

You can only guess that they don't rent many games - or, they have very strict return policy on scratched discs...

[quote name='civx']Do you have anymore details on this?[/QUOTE]

the east coast gamefly is just like waiting for BBO to do in store returns

bad thing i dont know if i want an east coast store for gamefly cause good chance they wont buy more games and it will mean 1/2 games in each place

Thanks for the info, and I am tempted to buy a bunch but trying to save money right about now and beat the loads of games I haven't beaten yet. Really tempted for Oddworld but I'll wait for one more price drop before I get it.

Really want a price drop for God of War already..... :|

bread's done
Back