New PSP Game Price Drops Gamestop/EB (and Bestbuy)

tenzor

CAGiversary!
These were marked down recently at the EB B&M stores, and should be the same for Gamestop stores.

EB/GS
Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max - $19.99 $29.99
Mega Man Maverick Hunter - $19.99
Mega Man Powered Up - $19.99
Star Wars Battlefront II - $19.99

NBA Ballers Rebound $19.99
Capcom Classic Remix - $29.99
Viewtiful Joe Red Hot Rumble - $19.99
Midnight Club $19.99
Need for Speed Underground Rivals - $19.99
NBA Street Showdown - $19.99
SSX On Tour - $19.99
Exit - $19.99
Prince of Persia Revelations - $19.99
Tony Hawk Underground Remix - $19.99
Twisted Metal Head on - $19.99

-->Hot Shots Golf should be $19.99 soon, since its becoming a greatest hits.

Bestbuy
Star Wars Battlefront II for $19.99
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7424478&type=product&id=1122655460526

Midnight Club 3
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7044012&type=product&id=1107956834267

NBA Ballers Rebound
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7730011&type=product&id=1140392611437

NBA Street Showdown
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7044094&type=product&id=1107956834522

Spiderman 2
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7044192&type=product&productCategoryId=pcmcat75600050004&id=1107956834777

NBA $9.99
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7049776&type=product&productCategoryId=pcmcat75600050008&id=1108124658330

Wonder if this is a universal drop yet. I've seen Midnight Club and NFS:UR for this price all over the place (including the normally slow to drop Comp USA), but never seen SFA3M or Mega Man for $19.99 before.

[quote name='tenzor']These were marked down recently at the EB B&M stores, and should be the same for Gamestop stores.

Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max - $19.99
Mega Man Maverick Hunter - $19.99
NBA Ballers Rebound $19.99
Capcom Classic Remix - $29.99
Viewtiful Joe Red Hot Rumble - $19.99
Midnight Club $19.99
Need for Speed Underground Rivals - $19.99
NBA Street Showdown - $19.99

and I think Star Wars Battlefront II will drop to $19.99 soon, since the used one just went down to $17.99.[/QUOTE]

werid that the old NBA game is the price of the newer one... makes me think about trying to dump my showdown on or return it and grab the Rebound for 5 bucks more

when is liberty city stories gonna drop?! the same game can be bought for the ps2 for less than $20 but its still holding strong for $40 on the psp. with bs like this sony deserves to have the psp die a horrible death. i feel like i wasted $250 of my hard earned money...
wow. that was crazy. my hands just started typing and i sorta blacked out. next thing i know i wake up and this post is on the screen. craaaaaazy.

[quote name='bstan21']Wish Hot Shots Golf would drop. That sucker has been holding at $40 since launch. Nice deals though.[/QUOTE]

It's gonna be a Greatest Hits game next week...just a wait for more days

[quote name='bstan21']Wish Hot Shots Golf would drop. That sucker has been holding at $40 since launch. Nice deals though.[/quote]

Yeah Hot Shots is going to be $19.99 soon, Target has it on sale along with other new GH titles for PSP next week. EB/GS may drop the price also at that time if not before.

[quote name='whoknows']I hope they make the used prices reflect that. I still have the B2G1F coupon[/QUOTE]

I imagine they will since I picked up a used Capcom Classics for $24.99.

Mega Man Powered Up also dropped down to $19.99.

[quote name='EXStrike']Why can't it be Megaman Powered Up that gets dropped instead of Maverick Hunter X? >_<

Might as well get Alpha 3 now.[/quote]

Powered Up is also 19.99...

I'm going to go check Gamestop tomorrow to see if used prices dropped as well. If so I'll be picking up Street Fighter, Midnight Club, and Star Wars Battlefront 2.

[quote name='highwaypatrolman']when is liberty city stories gonna drop?! the same game can be bought for the ps2 for less than $20 but its still holding strong for $40 on the psp. [/QUOTE]

Probably when Vice City Stories comes out -- which I saw on EB's "Coming Soon" list today. October 16th is the pre-release date, but Rockstar's almost as bad as Nintendo when it comes to delaying games.

I already have almost all of these titles, but I do want to grab Capcom Classics Remixed. I agree with Strider, it needs to drop to $20 like the rest of them. I think I'll wait for that.

[quote name='highwaypatrolman']when is liberty city stories gonna drop?! the same game can be bought for the ps2 for less than $20 but its still holding strong for $40 on the psp. with bs like this sony deserves to have the psp die a horrible death.[/QUOTE]

It's Rockstar's decision on when the price drops not Sony's. If R* is still making money on it then they have no incentive to drop the price. PLus think of it this way the people who are picking up LCS for the PS2 are 5 months behind people who have the PSP and they dont get the multiplayer options.

I want Capcom Classics for $20 or less as well...wanna play some Strider and Final Fight on the go! and remind myself how shitty Street Fighter 1 is.

strange that it's $30 while the newer ones are all $19. guess it's still selling well?

[quote name='Alpha2']It's Rockstar's decision on when the price drops not Sony's. If R* is still making money on it then they have no incentive to drop the price. PLus think of it this way the people who are picking up LCS for the PS2 are 5 months behind people who have the PSP and they dont get the multiplayer options.[/quote]

In addition to this, GTA:LCS also exploits the v2.5 firmware which allows folks to continue using homebrew apps. Sony has since patched this in a later firmware. I'm sure this fact accounts for the ongoing interest in this particular title.

Hot Shots and GTA are 2 of the best selling PSP titles. They represent 2/3 of the million selling titles on the PSP (I forget the 3rd), so don't expect a price drop soon.

[quote name='kurrptsenate']do you know any way to get that modded thumbstick with street fighter alpha. Apparently they gave it away if you preordered the game.[/QUOTE]

I suggest scratching that thought from your mind. It uses a stick glue that makes it virtually impossible to remove from your PSP. I have one, but wouldn't dare use it. I've heard just taping a quarter to the d-pad works just as well -- and you can remove it easily to boot.

if you have no desire to get rid of it, is there anyway i could either pay a few bucks for yours, or trade you something equal in value?

im that set on getting one bro

[quote name='slidecage']werid that the old NBA game is the price of the newer one... makes me think about trying to dump my showdown on or return it and grab the Rebound for 5 bucks more[/quote]

Same sport, different companies. NBA Live (more sport-oriented) is from EA, whereas Rebound is from Midway (more lifestyle-bling-ulator)

I heard that with MegaMan PoweredUp, you can make your own levels. If enough people on here pick it up, we should start trading with each other. Talk about gettin' your $20 worth!\\:D/

i really prefer my DS, but my favorite games are

Battlefront II
SOCOM (especially for online play)
GTA : LCS

I really want to get Me and my Katamari

Hm, SFA 3 Max is not available new online @GS/EB.com.

What's up with that?

I was hoping to check for in-store availability without having to call the store itself.

How about Marvel Nemesis and X-men Legends II??? I have been keeping an eye out to see when they drop, but they are still hanging at $29.99...

[quote name='legbadog']Hot Shots and GTA are 2 of the best selling PSP titles. They represent 2/3 of the million selling titles on the PSP (I forget the 3rd), so don't expect a price drop soon.[/QUOTE]

Right. Except Hot Shots Golf is a GH game starting next week and will be for $19.99. So much for that theory

[quote name='Idal']How about Marvel Nemesis and X-men Legends II??? I have been keeping an eye out to see when they drop, but they are still hanging at $29.99...[/quote]

im starting to see those 2 particulare games a TON at local blockbusters, in their used bins.

At my local stores, the usually keep them right by the checkouts

Street Fighter used did drop in price at my nearest gamestop but they are selling it for $19.99...still gonna get it anyways with 2 other games :D

bread's done
Back