New to ds lite. Please help if you can

crazy_moo

CAG Veteran
Hey ppl.
My new pink ds lite is being delivered to me tommorrow. I am really excited! hehe.
I have ordered Tetris ds and the new Mario bos game for it so should b cool.

Just a few ? for you if i could though.

Do i get friend codes for each game i get? Do i have to register with nintendo.com to get this?

Is it easy to link up with friends?

Thanks

Amy

Thanks. Oh by the way just thought i'd let u know u can get msn messenger on the ds/ds lite now. What games do you have for your ds?

Where can you get MSN messenger?

I've got too many to list, a few are Animal Crossing, Mario Kart, Contact, FF III, Clubhouse Games, Advance Wars DS...

You only get friend codes for WFC enabled games. This is probably something you already knew, but you said "every game" so I didn't know if you meant every game online or not.

Yes - I ment every wi fi compatible game. Thanks for the info. Any idea where i find the friend codes for the games. In the instruction book or?

Anyone who tries the msn messenger please let me know if it works.

Friend codes are unique to the system and game you're playing. My understanding is if you used the same game on a different system you'd get a different friend code, and vice versa.

Slightly annoying in that you have to trade friend codes for every single game, but Nintendo seems to be doing that to help protect younger gamers online.

[quote name='crazy_moo']So every time u play tetris however many times u get a different code each time?[/quote] No, you only have one code for a game. However, if you get a new copy of Tetris, it would be a new FC. Or if you use the same copy, but get a new DS.

Also, in order to play with friends you both must have each other's FCs.

hi i have just baught a few new games i can connect through tetris to play agaisnt other players but how do i do this on other games ive got rainbow islands super mario brothers and ive just orderd ray man. i was going ot buy a wi fi connector but i didnt need one as i have a wireless router. just confused about how to do it. also how do i transfer things onto the ds is it through the wi fi? thanks for your help in advance. :roll:

hey i didn't know you can get a mem card for the ds. what good is it for if you can already save games without one? and where would it go in the gba port?

Hey superspiffy.
In aswer to your questions. You're right you can already save games on the ds normally but you can use msn messenger on the ds too as well as some other instant messaging programs this is what the memory card would be used for. And I believe the memory card would go in the game slot for the on your ds, I haven't tried mine as yet as i'm not getting my memory card for a few weeks yet but i will deffinately let u know.

The memory card you require for ds/ds lite is a mini sd card. I have pasted the link here.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/o/ASIN/B0009UZ33U/ref=pd_rvi_gw_2/203-0158019-3242357
You can get bigger than 1GB but they're more expensive.

hope this all helps

I and my friend both have super mario bros but we can't figure out how to compete against each other using friend codes. Help please.

New Super Mario Bros. doesn't have friend codes or internet play. Looks like it has both single and mult-cart local play.

Thanks for the info wolfpup. I have another question if you don't mind. Me and my friend are trying to play on tetris together. We have added each others friend codes to our friend settings but how do we get started?

Uhh, you can't just get a memory card for DS...

There's no where to put it!

What you'd need would be a flashcart + loader, where you could insert an SD card.. but I'm almost positive I can't go into detail on this forum..

bread's done
Back