New to Xbox One...Can I get some suggestions on cheaper titles?

slickrickstyles

CAGiversary!
My wife surprised me with an Xbox One out of nowhere over the weekend (The Master Chief Collection Bundle from WalMart) and while getting used to the UI I stumbled across EA Access and the 30$ for a year of older games that I wouldn't otherwise play (UFC, Madden 25, Battlefield 4)...Madden 25 proved to be a hit on Super Bowl Sunday...

Anyone have any suggestions on aging games/deals to check out? Maybe things like Call of Duty Ghosts...Skipped that one on 360 so I was wondering if $20 was worth it (GameStop) for the next gen versions?

Thanks as always from this frugal gamer

You should be able to get Ghosts for cheaper then 20, especially used. Keep an eye on GameFly as they usually have pretty good sales on used X-Box 1 games. I've seen a used copy of Ghosts (among others) go for the 10 dollar area.

As far as games I would personally check out, if you plan on playing online then Destiny and Titanfall are two great online shooter titles. I've seen Titanfall on sale for less then 10 for a new copy.

Single player games, like survival horror, you have The Evil Within (from the guys who gave us Resident Evil 4).

Two games that should be dropped to the 30 to 40 dollar range (less for used) are LOTR: Shadow of Mordor and Dragon Age: Inqustion.

Speaking of Call of Duty, the newest title, Advanced Warfare can probably be found new for around 40.

Sorry I am not of more help, as I've yet to get an X1 or PS4 yet. Check the video game deals section of the forums I'm sure you'll find all sorts of X-Box 1 sales just keep a keen eye on the topic titles.

Good luck my fellow frugal CAG. :)

That listing name is a little misleading. You're not just paying for an upgrade to Xbox One. That listing gives you the digital copies of Ghosts on Xbox 360 AND Xbox One.

Nice I might as well purchase it then, thank you...I was curious if that was the case considering the original price of $29.99 seemed a bit steep for a digital upgrade considering I read that Activision has been offering free upgrades of their titles...$9.99 seems about the cheapest I am going to find it for XBOX One

Last edited by a moderator:
Assassin's Creed Unity is $28 at gamestop used right now, making it around $20 with the birthday coupon. I've heard some bad things but for that price I'm going to pick it up for co-op. Or you can look for a digital code from the trading forums, a lot of people are trying to get rid of that and Black Flag since it came in the AC bundle.

I played Sleeping Dogs on Xbox 360 and loved it. I would pick it up for Xbox One if I hadn't already played it not too long ago.

As for Assassin's Creed: Unity and Black Flag, codes for those can be found pretty cheap on eBay. I snagged both games for $20 just recently.

The new COD, advance ware fare, can be found for around $20 on Amazon warehouse like a previous poster suggested. You can also AC unity and black flag both for less than $20 on eBay. Also check our gamesdealdaily for cheap digital codes for games

bread's done
Back