Next Xbox Design

CaptainKirk

Banned
Source: Yanko

The console has an 8-core processor for super-speed performance up to 20 times faster than previous Xbox models. It supports 3D, 4K2K, multiTV (DPConnect), live TV and webcam, as well as GPS that allows users to view the location of any other user on an active map.

(For more pictures and info click the link above)

xbox_prestige_01.jpg

Please note, this is a mock up based on expected market norms.
Any flaming comments will just make yourself look like an internet duche and are welcome. :bouncy:
So please bring your constructive comments. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure has a lot of holes in it. You'd think they were worried about overheating issues or something...Ooh, I see they also revealed the name of the next system on there:

XOBX.

This is apparently what some random designer drew up? The interesting thing to me is that it looks like there is no cd tray. It'd use a 2TB HD, "cloud" storage and some XBox card/chip thing.

Definitiely looks sleek enough for me to believe that the next Xbox would look something like it. I like the idea of them going with no disc tray, but I think we're actually a generation or two away from going discless.

[quote name='Kerig']Sure has a lot of holes in it. You'd think they were worried about overheating issues or something...Ooh, I see they also revealed the name of the next system on there:

XOBX.[/QUOTE]

Or when you read left to right like normal people it spells Xbox.

[quote name='TehMuff1nM4n']Or when you read left to right like normal people it spells Xbox.[/QUOTE]

So wait, I have been telling all of my friends that I own a 09E XOBX, that's not what it is? :(

i think the xbox without it's familiar ( o ), just doesn't say xbox to me...this looks like a portable HDD, sexy...but not xbox enough. concept wise, I like it for some things and not so much for others.

if they're going no CD tray, you'd have to wonder if they're going all digital downloads which of course to some CAGer's that's bad news...it'll also probably crush GS's profits since most of theirs is out of used game sales.

i don't think the next gen console market is about to drop discs just yet, they'd lose a ton of their consumer since there's still ppl who don't have high speed internet access.

I'm actually more curious about what the next controller design will look like.

[quote name='crunchewy']It's a mock up, folks, and one based on "expected market norms", not anything real. It says it right there in the OP.[/QUOTE]

Of course, but it's still fun to discuss.

There's no way it will be a disc-less system. I do vote for doing away with a tray and opting for slot loading though.

[quote name='TehMuff1nM4n']Or when you read left to right like normal people it spells Xbox.[/QUOTE]

This legitimately makes me sad.

I wonder how many more years the current Xbox has left in the tank? I'm pretty satisfied with the latest crop of games, and think they are a few years away from an all new model.

Sony said that they saw the PS3 as having a 10 year life cycle, and that would bring us to 2015. Maybe the Xbox would be similar?

[quote name='Corvin']Of course, but it's still fun to discuss.

There's no way it will be a disc-less system. I do vote for doing away with a tray and opting for slot loading though.[/QUOTE]

So essentially we come full-circle back to cartridges :lol:

[quote name='-Never4ever-']So essentially we come full-circle back to cartridges :lol:[/QUOTE]

I would love that. Good bye load times!!

OP, nice try on the referral link. If you try to stealth in another referral link, I'll ban you so fast it'll make your head spin.

I've removed your referral link and put a direct link back to the article in question.

I think the REAL next generation of video games will come when the internet itself is upgraded. America needs to figure out how to create the infrastructure and give us more speed.

That's what it'll take to move onto the cloud. But of course the politicians are going to throttle us with taxes and fees that will make playing online expensive, and that will be allowed because too many people will sit on the sidelines and not engage.

But yea.. New XBOX... should be nice..

[quote name='shrike4242']OP, nice try on the referral link. If you try to stealth in another referral link, I'll ban you so fast it'll make your head spin.

I've removed your referral link and put a direct link back to the article in question.[/QUOTE]

DAMN!! admin knows how much our lives will suffer if were CAG deprived

[quote name='venturin']I think the REAL next generation of video games will come when the internet itself is upgraded. America needs to figure out how to create the infrastructure and give us more speed.
[/QUOTE]

Even bigger obstacle than speed is coverage. Still big swaths of the country that have no broadband available period, or only 1.5 mbps or slower DSL etc.

Can't go to a purely online/digital download console until everyone can at least get decent broadband by current standards.

[quote name='doubledown']Where is the Blu-Ray player?

Oh yeah....in the PS3 ;)[/QUOTE]

I couldn't care less about that as I have as stand alone Bluray player. Even if I had a PS3 I'd probably still want a stand alone player as I'd rather not put the extra wear and tear on a game console as I watch a lot of movies. BR are a lot cheaper to replace if they get worn down!

bread's done
Back