No more LoZ: TP Preorders at GS/EB on Gamecube

I'd better get mine, I've had that bitch on reserve ever since they announced they were making it.
*Edit* Ooop, nevermind. I thought this was in the Wii forum. I switched mine to Wii a few months ago.

So what does this mean? Will they still be selling the GameCube version later on after it comes out (either in-store or online)? I gotta have my left-handed Link! I guess I'll just have to get it from somewhere else now.

This is such BS. The GameCube version of Zelda: TP will probably be extremely limited and extremely rare. fuck Nintendo. If worst comes to worst, I am just modding my GCN and downloading the game.

If it is released for the GameCube at all. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the EB/GS pre-order halt precedes a complete cancellation and Twilight Princess becomes a Wii-only game.

[quote name='ananag112']This is such BS. The GameCube version of Zelda: TP will probably be extremely limited and extremely rare. fuck Nintendo. If worst comes to worst, I am just modding my GCN and downloading the game.[/quote]

You know they probably cancelled it because it was supposed to come out November of last year.

They've been taking preorders on it forever, guys. Eventually they had to say enough.

Not everything is "ZOMG, must collect for teh futures!"

[quote name='Miranda']So what does this mean? [/quote]

Might just mean that they've taken in too many pre-orders, considering that they've been taking pre-orders for a year & 1/2. They looked at the amount for pre-orders and decided to stop any more. Doesn't matter for me, I'm waiting to see if BB or CC will have any free promo items when they sell it, since EB/GS were not offering jack for pre-ordering.

[quote name='MidnightRain']If it is released for the GameCube at all. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the EB/GS pre-order halt precedes a complete cancellation and Twilight Princess becomes a Wii-only game.[/quote]

I've been saying that for months.

TBW

Apparently some EBs are claiming it's no longer in their system at all (which would make preorders difficult) while it's no longer on the website. Be interesting to see how all this turns out.

No matter what happens, I have a strong feeling that GameRush will not be filling my preorder. :lol:

A month before release (well, technically two months), it wouldn't really benefit them at all to cancel the thing entirely, especially after just giving it a new release date, so I wouldn't be surprised if the online only deal extends across the ocean here as well - apparently it's only sold through EB in Australia or somethin goofy. I think they're trying as hard as possible to kill it without actually cancelling it.

I emailed Nintendo to see what they would say. There is no way I am buying a Wii until Mario Galaxy comes out and/or the system drops to $150 or less so I really hope Zelda:TP comes out on the GameCube.

If they sell this online only, then I'm buying two.

One to keep sealed and sell for hundreds of dollars in a few years.

One to keep sealed, and maybe open and play one day.

Online-only Zelda is a guaranteed collector's item.

I'll buy it however I have to... at this point I'm just getting the GC version because I've had it on order for so long. Not that I will likely get it from that order anymore.

That's strange. Why cancel it now? If this is the case, the Wii version better be good. I was looking forward to a more classic experience on the Cube.

They aren't claiming it's cancelled. EB's database has no bearing on the viability of a title. EB in Australia is the only place selling the Cube Zelda, as is Nintendo.co.jp in Japan. Entirely possible that it (stupidly) may be cancelled, but it's not yet.

They just stopped pre-orders. The game is not canceled, calm down. Joystiq jumped the gun like they usually do.
[quote name='soonersfan60']I wonder how many reserves they took?[/quote]
Over 500,000 when I checked last. That is a tall order.

I doubt they will cancel the cube version. That will alienate many gamecube owners. They have always announced this as a gamecube title first. I still have mine preordered from that trade 5 get Zelda free deal at EB.

Marked; I wanna know what's up with ending preorders. I got one in, so I'll get the game if it comes out.

I don't want another goddamn Shenmue II.

Do you guys think the GC version will become hard to find? I was going to just get it as a Christmas gift, but I might try to pre-order somewhere. I'd much rather buy it myself than have to wait a while...

Yeah, I want to get this version, if the Wii control scheme bugs me, but it looks lik it might be harder to get ahold of. I'll keep an eye on this thread.

[quote name='mykevermin']Marked; I wanna know what's up with ending preorders. I got one in, so I'll get the game if it comes out.

I don't want another goddamn Shenmue II.[/QUOTE]

Shenmue :cry:

[quote name='Purple Flames']The article has been updated. It's not canceled, it just won't be available in retail, just like in Japan.[/quote]Incorrect (their title is still misleading).

[Update 2: Nintendo's official statement: Online reports about the Nintendo GameCube version of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess are incorrect. The amazing game will be available at retail outlets nationwide on Dec. 13.]

id bet money on it being cancelled. think about it they delayed the gc version in favor of the wii version getting more epopel to buy wii's so if enough people bit the bait then they would and could easily take a loss by cancelling the gc version. its not like the wii costs that much to make so if they at least have a million or so wii's pre ordered and sold with zelda then they could afford to piss off a few gc owners who want the gc version of tp.

ive been waiting for this game a few years now and hell no i never preorder anything in all honesty you shouldnt have to but this games been pushed back and delayed and changed up so much to me i think theyd rather put all their eggs into the wii hype basket and push that ting and its games 100 percent than satisfy the gc fans who want gc tp.

besides in the end they will cancel it and just say well you can buy the same game with better blah blah blah for the wii and hell they may even give those holding out for the cbe version some kind of discount or incentive to get a wii and the wii version. or they will just give everyone refunds on their deposits they put down on the game and say sorry. if they do cancel the game its going to be a huge bonus for microsoft and sony.

also is it me or did they push back the games release date again or something. i though the cube version was coming out in november a few weeks after the wii one but in that nintenmemo they said the game would be out dec 13th.

[quote name='encendido5']I doubt they will cancel the cube version. That will alienate many gamecube owners. They have always announced this as a gamecube title first. I still have mine preordered from that trade 5 get Zelda free deal at EB.[/quote]

Your error here is that Nintendo cares about GC owners. They don't now and haven't for months (maybe longer). I don't think there is any doubt that this title will be cancelled for the Cube....its just a matter of time.

I'm torn on whether I want it for the Cube or not. I've got the Wii version ordered, but I'm not sure how I'll like the controls. I might want it for both just to make it play better. Who knows. I guess I'll try to get my Cube preorder back next week.

TBW

[quote name='lokizz']id bet money on it being cancelled.[/quote]
$25 says it's not cancelled.

I'll be awaiting a PayPal payment on Dec 13

[quote name='daroga']$25 says it's not cancelled.[/quote]

It's not, Nintendo released a statement saying it wasn't. Seems Joystiq, who seems to fuck up a lot, jumped the gun posting that story. It's just GS/EB is maxed out with pre-orders, so they removed it from their listings. But this essentially kills their power trade for the GC version, since they had a deal where you'd get a extra 30% when trading in towards TP(Wii or GC).

[quote name='tangytangerine']It's not, Nintendo released a statement saying it wasn't. Seems Joystiq, who seems to fuck up a lot, jumped the gun posting that story. It's just GS/EB is maxed out with pre-orders, so they removed it from their listings. But this essentially kills their power trade for the GC version, since they had a deal where you'd get a extra 30% when trading in towards TP(Wii or GC).[/quote]

so basically everyhwere else you should be able to go into a store and get one without a preorder? and whats with the delay?

[quote name='lokizz']and whats with the delay?[/quote]
Two words: Wii Version

Nintendo's afraid that if they released the GC version along with the Wii version, that people won't buy the Wii version since the Wii can play the GC version(some will want to play with a GC controller) and it's $10 more for the Wii version.

As for walking in and buying, yeah, besides EB/GS and maybe Game Crazy & Game Rush, all stores will have copies for sale.

[quote name='tangytangerine']Two words: Wii Version

Nintendo's afraid that if they released the GC version along with the Wii version, that people won't buy the Wii version since the Wii can play the GC version(some will want to play with a GC controller) and it's $10 more for the Wii version.

As for walking in and buying, yeah, besides EB/GS and maybe Game Crazy & Game Rush, all stores will have copies for sale.[/quote]Since when is the GC version $10 less? They've both been $49.99 as long as they've been announced.

But yes, they're pushing the Wii version as much as possible, and pushing it as a system seller for the Wii, which it already is.

[quote name='botticus']Since when is the GC version $10 less? They've both been $49.99 as long as they've been announced.

But yes, they're pushing the Wii version as much as possible, and pushing it as a system seller for the Wii, which it already is.[/QUOTE]

Eh. I preordered the GC version. For me, my GC library and the VC are selling points for me. Bring on Super Mario RPG!

[quote name='mykevermin']Eh. I preordered the GC version. For me, my GC library and the VC are selling points for me. Bring on Super Mario RPG![/quote]

Super Mario RPG! :D
I would love to see that.

The GC Zelda is now at #13 in video game sales at Amazon. :cool:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...ideogames/all/ref=sv_vg_1/102-9799383-1192128

EDIT: Now it's #9. The Wii version is #3.

EDIT 2: The GC version is now #6. The Wii version ordering has been temporarily halted.

EDIT 3: The GC version is now #5! :) The Wii version ordering is back on, and it is at #19.

EDIT 4: The Wii version is now at #2, and the GC version has fallen to #7. :whistle2:(

EDIT 5: The Wii version is now at #1, and the GC version has gone up a notch to #6.

EDIT 6: The Wii version has dropped to #2, and the GC version has dropped to #8. :whistle2:(

EDIT 7: The Wii version has dropped to #3, and the GC version has dropped to #9.

EDIT 8: The Wii version is now #4, and the GC version is now #10. I sense a trend here.

FINAL EDIT: It looks like they'll be staying at #4 and #10 for a while. :cool:

REALLY FINAL EDIT: Pre-orders have been halted for both of them. They are currently at #5 and #14.

Hmmmm I pre-ordered the GC version early today. No problems, of course til the game is released and there isn't a copy for me.

The GC version has been delayed until December. Nintendo is really screwing over GC fans. First they kill Super Paper Mario and now they delay the GC's swan song.

[quote name='soonersfan60']Nintendo CS did send me an email about a week or two ago "confirming" that Super Paper Mario is still coming out for GC by Xmas this year.[/QUOTE]

So, what's the official status on that?

[quote name='TurboChickenMan']So, what's the official status on that?[/QUOTE]
I'd really, really love to know. At the very worst, it better be reworked for Wii.

bread's done
Back