CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Interesting TIVs
please post date+time / console / title / tiv

Long Term

------- FAQ BELOW - LEAVE ME ALONE PLEASE -------

condition stuff seemingly pulled back by amazon, spoilered until I can reorg
Notice 4/14/11: New shenanigans abound! There is now a condition field for all trades - all trades are set to "Good" and may be determined to be worse than that ("Acceptable") or better ("Like New"). During the trade-in confirmation process you may choose whether to have an item in worse condition returned to you or just processed at the lower value. It does appear that this might mean that NORAM will start taking games/consoles without original packaging / manuals / etc which might be beneficial to some.

We'll see how this works out! To be added to the core FAQ after its newness wears off.

condition_example.png

Amazon.com Trade-in Home Page

Welcome to the Official CAG Amazon.com Trade-In Thread

THANKS TO DISILLUSION386 and GI60 FOR POSTING AND MAINTAINING THE PREVIOUS AMAZON TRADE-IN FAQ THREADS

This thread’s primary purpose is to discuss Amazon.com’s new video game trade-in program. The trade-in deal will be updated whenever one is available, and a list of flippable games will be in the second post. PLEASE READ THE TRADE-IN DEAL DETAILS AND FAQ BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Trade-In(s) of the Day
-= Can be found HERE =-

Amazon.com Trading Info

Amazon.com Video Game Trade-In Store

Trade-In Procedure

1. Select Games: Games must be in good condition and your trade-in shipment valued at $10 or more
2. Ship Games FREE: Print a shipping label and packing slip, package your games, and ship them
3. Get a Gift Card: An Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account upon receipt of games
Shipping Instructions

1. Print this entire page. (Packing slip and shipping label once you have submitted a trade)
2. Cut out the shipping label and the packing slip.
3. Make sure your items are in good working condition and include the case and cover art.
4. Securely pack the items in a box or envelope and include the packing slip in the package.
5. Attach the shipping label squarely onto the outside of the package and add your return address.
6. Take it to your nearest UPS Store and mail it by (one week from submission of trade)
7. Or you can ship to:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Drive
Hudson, NH 03051
Trade-In Product Eligibility

Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Trade-In Store, not be damaged, include original packaging (e.g. the manual, cover art, and case), and be postmarked no later than 7 days after submission. You will receive an e-mail confirmation and an Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account within 2 business days of item receipt and verification by the merchant. Items not accepted by the merchant will be returned to you approximately 14 days after receipt.

GENERAL FAQ (Updated 12/10/09)

Can I post question on this thread?
Only if you can't find the answer from below. :lol: And please let me know if it needs to be added to FAQ.

My cover art (PLATINUM HITS) differs from the pic on amazon, will my trade be accepted?
It all depends on the UPC so just turn your game around, type in the upc into the amazon search box. If the game comes up, then it's accepted regardless of cover art. Click on that result to submit your trade.

Since when did Amazon start doing trades?
The program began in 2009 and is handled by a third party merchant, NorAm International.

What kind of shipping does Amazon provide us?
Free UPS ground ---- USPS is no longer available for free. There is now also an option to provide your own shipping.

Do I have to provide my own box or envelope?
Yes.

Do all my games in the same trade-in submission have to be shipped in the same box? (updated 3/9/11)
Not necessarily - people have sent in multiple boxes for the same trade-in submission successfully. It's even possible to send half at one time and the other half at the end of the valid shipping period. However, it's probably best to always ship everything at once.

Can I send in sealed games?
Yes. They won't reject games that still have the original shrink wrap.

Can I add Delivery Confirmation and Insurance to my shipment?
For UPS Ground
It already provides you with tracking information.

I don't trust UPS ground. Can I pay for postage myself? What's the address?
Yes. You're more than welcome to do so. The address is:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Dr
Hudson, NH 03051

(This is also an option when submitting your trades)

When do I have to send my games once I have submitted my trade order?
You have 1 week (7 days) to send your games. There have been reports of submitting trades up to 15 - 20 days late, but that is definitely ymmv. Send on time for the best chance at success!

Crap, I have one day to go before my shipment deadline, but the website states that my deadline has already passed. How do I print out a shipping label and packing slip?
Load up any existing order (if you don't have any, check your browser's history), and substitute the transaction ID for the trade-in order you need at the end of the URL.

How long does the whole trade-in process usually take?
From the time you send in your games, it may take up to 14 business days for the package to arrive. Most people usually receive their credit (Amazon GiftCard) in 3 to 5 business days, however.

How long does the "processing" status usually take?
Usually with no delay, but the longest reported days so far is 4.

My games were received on Friday (based on Delivery Confirmation), will I have to wait until Monday to receive credit?
People have received credit on a Saturday.

I do not have the manual, cover art, or original case for a game I want to trade in. Will they accept it?
While the details specifically state that original packaging is necessary, people have reported in the past that their trades were accepted despite missing some of these. This is extremely YMMV, however since some were also rejected by missing manual or cover art. On the other hand, older gen games; such as SNES, N64, and GB cartridges, normally get accepted without the original box and manual, but still YMMV.
It's always better if you trade your non-complete game as an additional credit, not part of the minimum requirement to qualify for the promo.

I do not have the manual, accessories, original box, original included game, etc for a console or accessory I want to trade in. Will they accept it? (updated 3/9/11)
The current wisdom is "probably not" - it's pretty YMMV but NorAm seems stricter than they should be on this. Your chances seem to be better for them accepting a console or accessory without the box / manual / etc if it's older generation or rare. You're more than welcome to give it a shot though if you're feeling lucky - just pack it well and include as much as you can!

My game is really beat up, what are the chances they’ll accept it?
This is YMMV. Some people have reported in the past that they sent in games in bad shape that were still accepted. Your best bet is still to trade in games in mint condition. Minor scratches are expected as these are used games.

My game is the Greatest Hits version, but the one pictured on the site isn’t. Can I still trade it in?
Unless the game in question has two separate versions that trade at different values, sending in a greatest hits version is okay.

I have a game from a limited edition bundle, will they accept it?
If the game’s cover art has a UPC barcode, they will most likely accept it. If your game's cover states "Not for Resale" and does not have a UPC barcode, the game will most likely get rejected. Some people have had their games accepted in the past, but this is YMMV.

The UPC barcode is not intact on my game's cover art, will that be accepted? (updated 3/9/11)
This is YMMV, but probably not. The UPC is all powerful within the walls of NorAm.

I sent in my games, all of which were in pristine condition with the original packaging, but they said that one game is damaged and is now being returned.
Always pack your games well. Put a lot of newspaper around your games in the box to secure them and to prevent any damages from haphazard box cutting. People in the past have requested their entire trade-in order if it’s obvious the damage wasn’t their fault, and Amazon ended up accepting the rejected game. This is YMMV as well.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
Yes. Once you click “Trade in” for a particular game, you may change the quantities. Once you submit, you can no longer change quantities on that trade-in batch.

How many multiple copies of the same game can I trade-in (updated 1/11/11)?
Maximum of 2 copies within 3 months period

I locked in X copies of a game but I now only have Y available to send. Can I just send in Y without being penalized? (updated 3/9/11)
Yes, you can always just send in a portion of your trade-in order and they'll just credit you for whatever they receive. However, the quantities you submitted for will stay locked in that instance (I think) so if you, for example, submitted for 2 copies and only sent 1, you may not be able to trade any more copies of that game for 3 months (see previous question).

Will the Trade-in of the Day TIV stay for 24 hours?
It's been reported that there is a limit (maximum # of copies) that will get the promoted TIV so lock yours.

So if I find a good flip, I can just send 2 copies of that game and not worry about Amazon accusing me of stolen merchandise?
Technically yes, but do keep in mind that other CAGs might want to participate in the current deal, and trading in a large number of the same game will definitely lower the TIV of said game. Let’s be nice to other people.

Wow, these TIVs suck (updated 3/9/11)!
Really? Hrm. While that may be true, they're often better than other comparable places. Your options of what to do with your used games are greater now than they've ever been, so feel free to shop your trades around or just sell them off on glyde/gamestaq/ebay/whatever.

What the fuck? The TIV of a game I just bought for this deal tanked! What do I do?
The TIVs on Amazon fluctuate depending on the number of trades that are submitted, and we really can’t do anything about it. The best course of action for trading in games is to lock in your trade if you already have the games or are absolutely sure that you can obtain them. You can always cancel the trade submission if you end up not finding the games.

LOCK = SUBMIT YOUR TRADE, Don't just put it in the cart.

Can I edit a submitted trade?
Nope - once upon a time you could modify trade in quantities of submitted trades, but that ability has been removed.

Can I use my credit (not the trade-in deal coupon) on items that are not video game-related?
Yes. This is the other perk for trading in games at Amazon since you're not limited to just video games.

Can I use my credit on items sold by third-party merchants on Amazon?
According to the fine print of the Amazon gift card use, some merchants are excluded. Your best bet is to try it on the checkout page of your order.

Strategy guides? I can trade in game/strategy guides? Whaaaaa?
Go to the Textbook Buyback section (http://www.amazon.com/Textbooks-Trad...ode=2205237011). You can either search on the title of a strategy guide you have to see if they'll accept it, or search for guides. The two best search strings to start with are 'prima guides' and 'bradygames'. Might try 'doublejump' if you want to trade in some of those. (Thanks eugaet)

I locked in some hilariously overvalued trade for some weird rare game/accessory/etc that I can pick up for cheap cheap cheap. They didn't accept it. What should I do? (updated 3/9/11)
The truth is that NORAM can reject things for any reason they see fit. While some people have managed to get silly things like a $200 credit for some cheerleading game, it's sooooooo YMMV that often it's not worth the effort. EXPECT REJECTION ON THINGS THAT ARE CLEARLY MISVALUED. That said, as long as you're willing to risk it, go for it!

trade-in promo related faq spoilered for history. promos no longer offered by amazon
---- TRADE-IN PROMO RELATED FAQ ---

When do I receive my coupon code for the current trade-in deal, if any?
The Terms of Service states 10 days after Amazon has accepted your games and added credit to your account, but it usually takes 2 to 3 days.

Can I do two different trade-in submissions that add up to the requirements of the current trade-in deal, if any?
No. In order to qualify for any of the trade-in promos, they have to all be in one trade-in submission. You can't add another game later on to make the minimum. However, you can adjust the quantity of the submitted game to make the minimum.

I submitted my trade-in order online, how do I know if I qualified for the current trade-in deal, if any? Is there a confirmation page or e-mail?
No. They will automatically send you a coupon code once they have accepted your shipment of games and credited your account.

Is the trade-in deal coupon in addition to the credit I will receive for my games?
Yes.

Can I trade in DVDs to take advantage of the current trade-in deal?
You may trade in DVDs to add credit to your Amazon account, but they will not be added to the amount you need to qualify for the deal.

Can I take advantage of the current trade-in (if available) promo more than once?
These deals are “One per household” unless stated otherwise. However, you may use a different Amazon account. The credit for your games will be tied to the specific account used for the trade, but the coupon codes for the deals are not.
*However, some people has confirmed that they get multiple coupon by using 1 Amazon account after doing multiple submission.
NOTE: IF YOU SEND MORE THAN 1 SUBMISSION, THE MULTIPLE COUPONS MIGHT COME IN 1 EMAIL, THE CODE IS SEPARATED BY A COMMA.

If the coupon codes aren’t tied to my account, can I use more than one coupon on my next purchase?
No. Unless stated otherwise in the promo details, these coupons cannot be combined with other offers or promotions.

So if they reject one of my games, am I disqualified from the current trade-in deal, if any?
Unfortunately yes. The best suggestion for trading in games is to trade in $10-$20 more than the minimum for the deal. By doing so, you will still qualify for the promo even if one or two games get rejected.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon on preorders?
Yes.

What happen to the Coupon code if I cancel the preorder?
The coupon code will stay with your account. It will be applied automatically at check-out as long as the coupon is not expired.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon when shopping from other merchants on Amazon?
No. ONLY ITEMS SOLD BY AMAZON.COM QUALIFY FOR PURCHASE WITH THE TRADE-IN COUPON. Even Amazon's other sites (Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.jp, etc.) do not participate in these trade-in deals.

Trade-in coupon Usage:
Previous promo coupons and their expiration dates (NO ACTIVE PROMOS CURRENTLY):

1st Promo - $ 50 / $75 Coupon (coupon exp: 8/31) - Game Console Only
2nd Promo - 50 % Coupon (coupon exp: 8/31) - Game and Accessories
3rd Promo - $ 30 Coupon (coupon exp: 12/31) - Game Console, Game and Accessories
4th Promo - $ 30 Coupon (coupon exp: 12/31) - Game Console Only

Last edited by a moderator:
so i sent in 3 games few weeks ago(same game) locked in at 32 and they took 2 out of 3 saying 3rd was damaged..came back with no damage. today they recieved another 3 games(same game) tiv dropped $6 and they rejected 1. if they arent going to take 3 of a game limit it to 2 . so my theory is a theory no longer. its $50 of tic i lost on 2 games.

so i sent in 3 games few weeks ago(same game) locked in at 32 and they took 2 out of 3 saying 3rd was damaged..came back with no damage. today they recieved another 3 games(same game) tiv dropped $6 and they rejected 1. if they arent going to take 3 of a game limit it to 2 . so my theory is a theory no longer. its $50 of tic i lost on 2 games.

[quote name='bkerlee']People who try to send this stuff to Amazon in the hopes of getting this value on a trade deserve to have their stuff smashed with a hammer and get banned from trading ever again.

I'm all for people trading in games they no longer play so they can buy new games. It's people buying and sending in seven copies of "Hello Kitty's Grand Party" because they saw a TIV of $200 per game...you people are eventually going to ruin this for everyone else.

I can't believe this website doesn't have more of a backlash against people doing this garbage.[/QUOTE]

haters_gonna_hate.gif

[quote name='yeah-yeah']
haters_gonna_hate.gif
[/QUOTE]
:rofl: I'm still wondering where Strell got the picture of me to use as the basis for El Hoardo.;)

Oh and FYI Amazon gave me a $100 promo credit for 'an error on their side' for Lips Party Classics and F1 AND they're sending me back the games on top of everything. So I'll probably see if I can get the other lenient GS by me to take Lips back in as an extended holiday return and get my $27 back in credit there for it at least.:D It's likely gonna have received the 'stomp' treatment, so I doubt anyone here would want it.

So all totalled, after gift card credits for the HDMI cables and Test Drive Unlimited they accepted and 3 promo credits for Lips and F1 totalling $130 I'm a happy and satisfied customer.

Now I just wish they were still making the game :ps3:I Am Alive cuz I'd throw a full pre-order down on it with $60 of the credit.

[quote name='dino88']Yeah, it looks like they fixed the price by moving a decimal point. I'll gladly take $25 for it though. I have one sitting in a box somewhere collecting dust, because the thing was too damn loud.

Does anyone know if you need the original box for something like this? I've only ever traded in games and dvds, so I don't know the protocol for accessories.[/QUOTE]

I have no personal experience with accessories, but I think others have said they sometimes take it, sometimes do not. These do go for a decent amount on eBay and you shouldn't have any trouble getting at least $25 for it after fees if you list it.

[quote name='confoosious']hah[/QUOTE]

enlightening and thoughtful as always...

i definately got my same case, manual, and disk back

kinda weird they would ship it back with teh disk facing down but it didnt get scratched up or anything

it looks like it was just crushed by something big and the case broke. i know a few ups drivers and ground gets treated like crap so it probably was ups's fault. maybe i should just pay for the insurance next time so i can get my game back and get $$$ from ups

Is that the reflection of your hand in that photo?

That's an odd place for the case to be cracked, given you had two others in your order and neither of them were broken.

Just got my trade-in Black Ops xbox. This game is not like the one I sent in at all. There is a hole at the bottom of the case and there are a lot of scratches on the disk. I am sending an email to Amazon now.

[quote name='Nintendokid54']Quick question when trading in Mario Kart Wii must you also include the wii wheel?[/QUOTE]

I believe the description lists them as a package item.

[quote name='steve nash']enlightening and thoughtful as always...

i definately got my same case, manual, and disk back

kinda weird they would ship it back with teh disk facing down but it didnt get scratched up or anything

it looks like it was just crushed by something big and the case broke. i know a few ups drivers and ground gets treated like crap so it probably was ups's fault. maybe i should just pay for the insurance next time so i can get my game back and get $$$ from ups[/QUOTE]

Your disc looks burnt or something but I'm guessing that is just a photo artifact?

Otherwise, while it is hard for me to tell in the picture, it looks like the bottom middle spine area of the case is crushed and ripped, right? That is exactly the way my game came back the other day. And like I said before, it was part of a 5 game submission that was packed in a box. Amazon did give me a $12 promo credit for it, but not without saying that it probably got damaged in shipment and next time I should buy insurance. That is utter BS. Plus, don't UPS shipments come with insurance already? I just don't think I should have to hassle getting that when in all likelihood UPS didn't damage it.

[quote name='io']Your disc looks burnt or something but I'm guessing that is just a photo artifact?

Otherwise, while it is hard for me to tell in the picture, it looks like the bottom middle spine area of the case is crushed and ripped, right? That is exactly the way my game came back the other day. And like I said before, it was part of a 5 game submission that was packed in a box. Amazon did give me a $12 promo credit for it, but not without saying that it probably got damaged in shipment and next time I should buy insurance. That is utter BS. Plus, don't UPS shipments come with insurance already? I just don't think I should have to hassle getting that when in all likelihood UPS didn't damage it.[/QUOTE]

its my hand in the way but the disk is perfect. HLA was converted from new to used so the disk sat in the envelope forever until i bought it. the spine is crushed, the coverart torn, and even the plastic cover wrap thing is ripped too.

[quote name='steve nash']its my hand in the way but the disk is perfect. HLA was converted from new to used so the disk sat in the envelope forever until i bought it. the spine is crushed, the coverart torn, and even the plastic cover wrap thing is ripped too.[/QUOTE]

Exactly like mine, right down to the torn plastic on the case which I've never seen even on the worst GS used games ;). Wow...

I'll be getting my second rejected one back next week - will definitely report if it is the same. That one I know was near mint when I sent it.

[quote name='aem']I have no personal experience with accessories, but I think others have said they sometimes take it, sometimes do not. These do go for a decent amount on eBay and you shouldn't have any trouble getting at least $25 for it after fees if you list it.[/QUOTE]

I went ahead and sent it in Friday. I had no idea there was demand for these. Personally, I thought it was a piece of shit. If I don't get the credit, I probably won't mess with eBay. It will probably just end up back in a box. Thanks though.

I'm getting pretty annoyed. This is my 2nd time within the past month that Amazon has screwed me over on a trade-in. I sent in my trade-in on the 20th of December, it was "delivered" on the 29th... but I have not received any credit for the trade-in. That's nearly 2 whole weeks! I already emailed them, but that didn't get anywhere so I'm going to give them a call tomorrow and asked what is taking so long for my trade-in's confirmation.

[quote name='skateraXVIII']I'm getting pretty annoyed. This is my 2nd time within the past month that Amazon has screwed me over on a trade-in. I sent in my trade-in on the 20th of December, it was "delivered" on the 29th... but I have not received any credit for the trade-in. That's nearly 2 whole weeks! I already emailed them, but that didn't get anywhere so I'm going to give them a call tomorrow and asked what is taking so long for my trade-in's confirmation.[/QUOTE]

Check back a page or so for the direct phone number for the company running Amazon's trade program(NorAm). It's a toll call though, but it should get a quicker result than bugging Amazon.:D

Wow. Apparently the USPS isn't the only company that's stupid in it's routes on delivering shit. One return package(F1 2009) is due to be delivered today, while the other(LPC) is likely delayed until tomorrow unless it's already en route and going to be delivered.

What's funniest is that both are coming back from Noram(in NH) and I'm in northeastern PA, yet BOTH packages have gone on a similar return route from there going TWO HOURS SOUTH OF ME.:bomb:

What the fuck!?!?!?!? The trip up to them was practically a straight line, only sidetracking to Secaucus in NJ for a bit.

fuckin' lame.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Wow. Apparently the USPS isn't the only company that's stupid in it's routes on delivering shit. One return package(F1 2009) is due to be delivered today, while the other(LPC) is likely delayed until tomorrow unless it's already en route and going to be delivered.

What's funniest is that both are coming back from Noram(in NH) and I'm in northeastern PA, yet BOTH packages have gone on a similar return route from there going TWO HOURS SOUTH OF ME.:bomb:

What the fuck!?!?!?!? The trip up to them was practically a straight line, only sidetracking to Secaucus in NJ for a bit.

fuckin' lame.[/QUOTE]

Who cares. It's called logistics and sometimes it routes things out of the way because it makes more sense. It's not some personal delivery dude who drives to your fucking house.

I've had tons of overnight letters go through memphis just to get back to my state. It doesn't slow it down any.

The last 3 games I got back as "damaged" all had the little circular game holder broken. The games themselves were fine. It's pretty annoying but not nearly as annoying as the eagles being unable to pick up more than 1.5 yards per carry. lol.

[quote name='confoosious']Who cares. It's called logistics and sometimes it routes things out of the way because it makes more sense. It's not some personal delivery dude who drives to your fucking house.

I've had tons of overnight letters go through memphis just to get back to my state. It doesn't slow it down any.[/QUOTE]
I do because today is day 7 of the return period at Gamestop. I don't intend on keeping it and I know when I get it back it's gonna be mangled, so it might as well go back to a store where it'll just look like the rest of the garbage on the shelves.;)

It took less than 2-3 days for the package to make it TO NorAm and it didn't go two hours south of me before going to NH, so why the fuck does it HAVE to go there to get BACK to me.

Like I said, it's very annoying and so fucking stupid.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I do because today is day 7 of the return period at Gamestop. I don't intend on keeping it and I know when I get it back it's gonna be mangled, so it might as well go back to a store where it'll just look like the rest of the garbage on the shelves.;)

It took less than 2-3 days for the package to make it TO NorAm and it didn't go two hours south of me before going to NH, so why the fuck does it HAVE to go there to get BACK to me.

Like I said, it's very annoying and so fucking stupid.[/QUOTE]

Buy another copy, use the old receipt and return it. Then, when the NORAM return is received, return it with the newer receipt.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I do because today is day 7 of the return period at Gamestop. I don't intend on keeping it and I know when I get it back it's gonna be mangled, so it might as well go back to a store where it'll just look like the rest of the garbage on the shelves.;)

Like I said, it's very annoying and so fucking stupid.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, how dare they ship packages the most logical way for them, without personally consulting you first, thereby depriving you of the right to return the game you bought from gamestop for the sole purpose of scamming a higher trade value from them!

How dare they, sir! I'm so offended on your behalf that I'm going to mount an all-out protest against gamestop and amazon. No longer will we stand for this tyranny. No longer will we allow them to treat us like second-class citizens.

This shall not go unpunished.

Oh, and for content, another successful trade to Amazon, making me 5/5. This one even included books. Also, I've never traded in more than one copy of a game, because frankly if you own more than one copy of a game at a time you're either a reseller or a hoarder and I laugh every time your trade gets rejected.

[quote name='confoosious']Who cares. It's called logistics and sometimes it routes things out of the way because it makes more sense. It's not some personal delivery dude who drives to your fucking house.

I've had tons of overnight letters go through memphis just to get back to my state. It doesn't slow it down any.[/QUOTE]

You don't understand, man. If he doesn't get the game back in time, he's going to have to eat like five bucks on a game HE NEVER INTENDED TO PLAY!

Do you know how terrible that would be? Something must be done.

Also, to those of you getting games damaged, a helpful suggestion. If you send games in a sturdy cardboard box, such as the ones that Amazon delivers your games to your house in, the chance of the games getting damaged during shipping drops significantly. Bubble wrap is also nice, and can be purchased cheaply at Walmart or other fine retailers. Make sure there is a nice layer of bubble wrap between all edges of the box, so the nice people opening your box at NORAM don't accidentally nick the games with the boxcutter.

[quote name='bkerlee']Yeah, how dare they ship packages the most logical way for them, without personally consulting you first, thereby depriving you of the right to return the game you bought from gamestop for the sole purpose of scamming a higher trade value from them!

How dare they, sir! I'm so offended on your behalf that I'm going to mount an all-out protest against gamestop and amazon. No longer will we stand for this tyranny. No longer will we allow them to treat us like second-class citizens.

This shall not go unpunished.

Oh, and for content, another successful trade to Amazon, making me 5/5. This one even included books. Also, I've never traded in more than one copy of a game, because frankly if you own more than one copy of a game at a time you're either a reseller or a hoarder and I laugh every time your trade gets rejected.[/QUOTE]
I didn't try trading more than one copy of a game though and to me if their trade value is listed and it happens to be super high then what is the harm in trying for it? It's an advertised trade in price and as such should be honored. To purposely damage people's games in order to 'reject' them and then take till doomsday to ship them back once rejected just shows that they're selective in their process of who they will credit and downright shady.

However, I did feel that the package should've taken the same route back to me that it did to get to NorAm in the first place and not take a cross country tour.

But I have done trades to them prior to this transaction and it went off without a hitch. Will I do trades to them in the future? That depends on whether or not this shady practice of annihilating people's mint/complete games and rejecting them as damaged continues.

[quote name='bkerlee']You don't understand, man. If he doesn't get the game back in time, he's going to have to eat like five bucks on a game HE NEVER INTENDED TO PLAY!

Do you know how terrible that would be? Something must be done.

Also, to those of you getting games damaged, a helpful suggestion. If you send games in a sturdy cardboard box, such as the ones that Amazon delivers your games to your house in, the chance of the games getting damaged during shipping drops significantly. Bubble wrap is also nice, and can be purchased cheaply at Walmart or other fine retailers. Make sure there is a nice layer of bubble wrap between all edges of the box, so the nice people opening your box at NORAM don't accidentally nick the games with the boxcutter.[/QUOTE]
:applause: Good going. Make an excuse for NorScam's employees purposely damaging the games many of us sent in in order to deny them. Most of us sent them in in a box with bubble wrap wrapped around the game(s) when we sent them in. So either they hired a gorilla to pack the UPS trucks that the games took en route to there or they're intentionally damaging the items.

And WalMart a 'fine retailer'? :rofl::puke:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:applause: Good going. Make an excuse for NorScam's employees purposely damaging the games many of us sent in in order to deny them. Most of us sent them in in a box with bubble wrap wrapped around the game(s) when we sent them in. So either they hired a gorilla to pack the UPS trucks that the games took en route to there or they're intentionally damaging the items.

And WalMart a 'fine retailer'? :rofl::puke:[/QUOTE]
You really believe that they intentionally damage games. Who's the insane one here?

Also, the Walmart in my area is really clean and nice. You could also get bubble wrap at the post office (overpriced) or at any local pack-and-ship store.

If you can show me one example where there is PROOF that a Noram employee damaged a package so they could reject the trade-in, I'll be glad to change my tone. Until then, keep on buying things from one retailer just to trade them into another, I guess. I'd think you'd have better things to do with your time, but what do I know?

My last trade that had 1 of 6 games returned as "damaged" and was shipped in an amazon box with bubble wrap.

The game that was returned damaged had the case broken on the inside, which was not sent that way.. and this particular game was sandwiched (I pack them in the box based on size) so it wasn't the case of being the victim of flailing box cutters. Makes me wonder wtf they are doing, since there are 2-3 other games (depending on side opened) that should have been broken if this particular game got broken. Plain and simple, it's mishandling by noram and not UPS, almost as if it was stepped on.

[quote name='bkerlee']You really believe that they intentionally damage games. Who's the insane one here?

Also, the Walmart in my area is really clean and nice. You could also get bubble wrap at the post office (overpriced) or at any local pack-and-ship store.

If you can show me one example where there is PROOF that a Noram employee damaged a package so they could reject the trade-in, I'll be glad to change my tone. Until then, keep on buying things from one retailer just to trade them into another, I guess. I'd think you'd have better things to do with your time, but what do I know?[/QUOTE]
If you like MSRP pricing on games, then WalMart is a GREAT place to shop.:D But if you're like the bulk of people on CAG, then you want a DEAL and WM doesn't have deals except in very YMMV fashion and only on Black Friday otherwise. Otherwise they're a shithole company that treat their employees like crap, pay no benefits, won't let them unionize and buy stuff from sweatshops in China.;)

But take a look back further in this thread to see the sheer number of rejected games that people sent in in great shape and how many were returned looking like they took a belt sander to them. You think it's just a coincidence that so many people trading games to them got back games looking exactly the same as far as damage is concerned.

As for buying games from one place to sell to another it's like the stock market, sometimes you win and sometimes you lose, but if you don't take the chance then you're crazy. I don't know about you but I joined CAG to pay as little as possible for my gaming items, so if I can do so by trading in stuff I got from one place to another in short order and make money/credit on the deal over and above what I paid then that's what I'm going to do.

But you know what, you continue to believe what you wanna believe, how resellers and such are evil people, though I have to ask one thing. When is the last time you bought a game or other item directly from the manufacturer?

You're ALWAYS buying stuff from resellers, they just go by different names, namely Walmart, Kmart, Target and so on. So in a way you ARE supporting resellers.;)

[quote name='dyeknom']My last trade that had 1 of 6 games returned as "damaged" and was shipped in an amazon box with bubble wrap.

The game that was returned damaged had the case broken on the inside, which was not sent that way.. and this particular game was sandwiched (I pack them in the box based on size) so it wasn't the case of being the victim of flailing box cutters. Makes me wonder wtf they are doing, since there are 2-3 other games (depending on side opened) that should have been broken if this particular game got broken. Plain and simple, it's mishandling by noram and not UPS, almost as if it was stepped on.[/QUOTE]

Exactly the same thing with the one I got back. And IATCG, while I understand your frustration over not getting the game back ASAP, keep in mind that for some of us the turnaround on sending games to NorAm (and getting them back) is 8-9 days each way + whatever time they hold on to it. I think it was near 20 days for the one I just got back (between when I sent it and got it back). I'm still waiting on another to come back and I sent that in on the 23rd of December.

And FWIW, after I get off a conference call for work (you know, real work), I may come in here and clean up some of the trolling...

[quote name='bkerlee']
If you can show me one example where there is PROOF that a Noram employee damaged a package so they could reject the trade-in, I'll be glad to change my tone. Until then, keep on buying things from one retailer just to trade them into another, I guess. I'd think you'd have better things to do with your time, but what do I know?[/QUOTE]

Stock brokers making 6-7 figures say hi

[quote name='bkerlee'] Also, I've never traded in more than one copy of a game, because frankly if you own more than one copy of a game at a time you're either a reseller or a hoarder and I laugh every time your trade gets rejected.[/QUOTE]

Just curious, if I own more than 1 copy of a game, so my kid, his uncle and I can play together and not have to splitscreen, that makes me a hoarder or reseller?:whistle2:k

[quote name='io']Exactly the same thing with the one I got back. And IATCG, while I understand your frustration over not getting the game back ASAP, keep in mind that for some of us the turnaround on sending games to NorAm (and getting them back) is 8-9 days each way + whatever time they hold on to it. I think it was near 20 days for the one I just got back (between when I sent it and got it back). I'm still waiting on another to come back and I sent that in on the 23rd of December.

And FWIW, after I get off a conference call for work (you know, real work), I may come in here and clean up some of the trolling...[/QUOTE]

Considering I've had posts deleted in the past, I'm assuming you're referring to what I'm saying as trolling?

I'm honestly curious why people buy a game from one retailer just to trade it in at another. It's like the people who buy cars at dealer auctions and then sell them on Craigslist. The government regulates that reselling behavior (limiting you to 5 transactions per year like this) because the individual isn't like Walmart or Target...they aren't retailers.

I just think someone needed to point out that the level of entitlement shown by people on this board sometimes is a little ridiculous. I've viewed this board for years, and re-registered last year under a new name because I changed e-mails and lost my original registration. It's usually been really helpful, and I'm thankful for the deals we find, but when there's a good deal on a low-priced game, it bothers me that instead of some deserving kid getting a copy, or someone getting to play an older gem of a game, some person is instead buying the game for $10 and flipping it to Amazon for $12.50.

And then complaining when it gets damaged and they can't return it to the store.

It's just insane to me.

[quote name='godsmack13']Just curious, if I own more than 1 copy of a game, so my kid, his uncle and I can play together and not have to splitscreen, that makes me a hoarder or reseller?:whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

Nope. That makes you pretty cool, since you own two copies to play with friends/family. Are you buying several copies of games to flip to Amazon?

Because that's what I was referring to.

[quote name='bkerlee']Considering I've had posts deleted in the past, I'm assuming you're referring to what I'm saying as trolling?

I'm honestly curious why people buy a game from one retailer just to trade it in at another. It's like the people who buy cars at dealer auctions and then sell them on Craigslist. The government regulates that reselling behavior (limiting you to 5 transactions per year like this) because the individual isn't like Walmart or Target...they aren't retailers.

I just think someone needed to point out that the level of entitlement shown by people on this board sometimes is a little ridiculous. I've viewed this board for years, and re-registered last year under a new name because I changed e-mails and lost my original registration. It's usually been really helpful, and I'm thankful for the deals we find, but when there's a good deal on a low-priced game, it bothers me that instead of some deserving kid getting a copy, or someone getting to play an older gem of a game, some person is instead buying the game for $10 and flipping it to Amazon for $12.50.

And then complaining when it gets damaged and they can't return it to the store.

It's just insane to me.[/QUOTE]

People who flip to make 2.50 (your example) are, in fact, idiots. The people who are irritated who are the ones who found a game for 19.99 and traded it in for 90. See a difference?

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']People who flip to make 2.50 (your example) are, in fact, idiots. The people who are irritated who are the ones who found a game for 19.99 and traded it in for 90. See a difference?[/QUOTE]

I do. The people flipping for two bucks are just stupid. The people flipping for an artificially inflated 90 are intentionally trying to scam the system through a computer script gone haywire.

That's the difference.

[quote name='bkerlee']I do. The people flipping for two bucks are just stupid. The people flipping for an artificially inflated 90 are intentionally trying to scam the system through a computer script gone haywire.

That's the difference.[/QUOTE]

But my point is its NorAms fault, not ours. Because THEY messed up a computer script, they have the right to destroy perfectly functioning games? There's photo evidence from many CAGs of this happening. That's wrong.

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']But my point is its NorAms fault, not ours. Because THEY messed up a computer script, they have the right to destroy perfectly functioning games? There's photo evidence from many CAGs of this happening. That's wrong.[/QUOTE]

Considering there's a clause in there that says something to the effect of "they don't have to return merchandise that is not accepted" but they make an effort to anyway, I'd say that it's one of those deals where "you pays your money and you takes your chances."

I do feel for those who have had legitimate problems that occurred in an honest fashion. It's the ones openly flaunting the system that bother me.

[quote name='bkerlee']It's usually been really helpful, and I'm thankful for the deals we find, but when there's a good deal on a low-priced game, it bothers me that instead of some deserving kid getting a copy, or someone getting to play an older gem of a game, some person is instead buying the game for $10 and flipping it to Amazon for $12.50.

It's just insane to me.[/QUOTE]
I've lost out on getting some of these deals as well. You have to remember that there's other sites than CAG listing these deals, so it won't always be because of one of us.

Besides which a $2.50 'profit' is ridiculously low to me and I won't even bother with something like that. Now if it's a 100-300% profit, THEN I'll consider it. But I don't buy up everything and I do leave something for other folks.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I've lost out on getting some of these deals as well. You have to remember that there's other sites than CAG listing these deals, so it won't always be because of one of us.

Besides which a $2.50 'profit' is ridiculously low to me and I won't even bother with something like that. Now if it's a 100-300% profit, THEN I'll consider it. But I don't buy up everything and I do leave something for other folks.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, fine, whatever. I imagine I'll get banned from the website for daring to stir up the slightest bit of controversy. All of you enjoy, and if you feel fine about what you're doing, then who am I to judge?

[quote name='io']Exactly the same thing with the one I got back. And IATCG, while I understand your frustration over not getting the game back ASAP, keep in mind that for some of us the turnaround on sending games to NorAm (and getting them back) is 8-9 days each way + whatever time they hold on to it. I think it was near 20 days for the one I just got back (between when I sent it and got it back). I'm still waiting on another to come back and I sent that in on the 23rd of December.

And FWIW, after I get off a conference call for work (you know, real work), I may come in here and clean up some of the trolling...[/QUOTE]

Is that how your Bioshock 2 looked as well, or the one before that?

The thread has almost always been full of trolls, guessing its proximity near the bridge is appealing. I really have no idea why the thread is still in the deals section. It used to be a specific deal (30$ gaming coupon, 75$ console coupon).... but ever since then... there has been no "specific deal".... just a FAQ and discussion thread :/

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']But my point is its NorAms fault, not ours. Because THEY messed up a computer script, they have the right to destroy perfectly functioning games? There's photo evidence from many CAGs of this happening. That's wrong.[/QUOTE]

I'd like to see this photo evidence of NorAM destroying games.

Just credited for 360 AC Brotherhood at $36 each.
Yes, Amazon trades are taking some time to process, but so far, no rejections.... knock on wood.
After reading all the issues of late, I did ship these three in a box Vs mailer.
They were complete, but all were definitely resurfaced.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']To purposely damage people's games in order to 'reject' them and then take till doomsday to ship them back once rejected just shows that they're selective in their process of who they will credit and downright shady.
[/QUOTE]

So not getting a package in 3-4 days is considered "till doomsday" now? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back