Official Collector's Edition Compilation Thread II - (Latest: The Order, Witcher, Far Cry 4, Persona Q, AC:Unity)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZxT Vendetta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
339 (100%)
Read The FAQ's Below Before Asking ANY Payment Related Questions!!!

Older CE's are in the 2nd post!

FAQ's:

• Amazon & Gamestop do not have a pre-authorization charge.
  • Bethesda Store and any of the Treehouse Brand Stores do not have a pre-authorization charge either.
  • Best Buy, NISA Store, Square-Enix Store all have a pre-authorization that goes away after 3-4 days or so, 7-10 days max.
  • All pre-orders with Paypal, you pay the full amount when the order is placed NOT when it is shipped.  This goes for every retailer that takes Paypal as a form of payment
  • Be cautious when going for free shipping from any Exclusive Store since they all use Digital River.  Say you order 2 CE's from S/E Store and they have different release dates, DR will wait till the last item comes out to ship yours.  Meaning (since Digital River sucks donkey balls), they could end up selling your pre-order on the first item to release and you could be SOL.  Also be careful ordering something to get your free shipping threshold as well because if the item goes OOS, then you have to wait for it to come back in stock.  This happened to many CAGs ordering the Lightning Returns CE from the S/E store because they ordered key chains that went OOS.
  • ^TL;DR Version:  If something goes out of stock or is not out yet, it will delay your order.

Sniper Elite 3 Collectors Edition 7/1/14 :xb1: :ps4: $69.99
150052_LELG.jpg

Contents:
  • Sniper Elite 3
  • Limited Edition Ammo Tin Box
  • Collectible Playing Cards
  • Bullet-shaped Torch Pen
  • Dossier
  • Dog Tag
  • Sniper Shooting Range Target
  • 3 Exclusive DLC Weapon and Outfit Packs
Links:
Best Buy - Gamestop

Disgaea 4: A Promise Revistied Limited Edition 8/12/14 :vita: $49.99 (NISA Store Exclusive)

disg4vita_big_LE.jpg

Contents:

• Disgaea®4: A Promise Revisited for PS®Vita
  • Tear-resistant poster (16"x22")
  • Set of 3 keychains (approx. 2.5"x1.75")
  • Microfiber cloth (6"x6")
  • Collector's box

Link:

NISA Store   Stock

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasn't gonna get the Ghost Edition, but now that it's selling out, I'm gonna pre-order one when they come back in stock at Amazon. Just to have it either way. Can always cancel later.

As another point of reference, when I had asked one of the mods (Mike) to add the preowned version of inFAMOUS to their website, he was able to get it added about 3 days after my request was posted. 

The mods do not have the ability to add specific items to the website themselves but they have the ability to contact the back office teams who manage the website.  Because they have already been notified, I'm pretty sure the CE's will be added by the end of this week if not sooner.  Given how fast they sold out, you should keep an eye out for this thread.

Quick question for you all as I'm debating ordering the LE for Destiny. I would be buying it for PS3, and would most likely only be flowing the single player mode. From what I've read only single player still has you go online and you can team up if you want, do I need to buy anything besides the game to play this? I am not a ps plus member (and for reasons I don't feel like getting into, I am not interested in becoming one) and I know for PS4 you have to be a plus member to go online in games and what have you.

I guess in short what I am asking is can I just pop this in and play story mode by myself? I have to be online even if I don't want to play against others? Do I need to pay some monthly fee to play?

Thanks for your help. I know if I search a little harder I could probably find some more answers, but with a baby my free time is limited and I figure one of you would be able to assist and thus helping me figure out if I want to buy the LE :)

Got it, well that's reassuring. I haven't seen that thread before prior to my tweet.

Matt on the Best Buy forum said they would be getting them and would have them listed soon.

Matt on the forums said they are working on it but do not expect it today. So probably by weeks end.

Yeah... on this page:

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Let-s-Talk-Games/Destiny-at-Best-Buy/td-p/811728

The main post was updated also with this text:

"Stay tuned right here for details and pre-order information for both the Limited and Ghost Editions of Destiny. Links will be included as soon as they are available."

I guess in short what I am asking is can I just pop this in and play story mode by myself? I have to be online even if I don't want to play against others? Do I need to pay some monthly fee to play?
There is no monthly fee. You can play the story mode by yourself and explore in free roam. You will see randoms in free roam, but its up to you whether you want to join them to explore or go into a lobby in search for a Strike or Raid coop mission. :)

Equistina raised a good question that I have had myself. If I only want to play with 1-2 friends, or by myself with the PS4 disconnected from the Internet, I wonder the game is still enjoyable or will I/we will be missing out on many crucial missions. It seems like the game is more geared towards the MMO aspects.

This thread reminded me that I had $33.xx in trade credit for Destiny from some time back. Called Gamestop today, got the guy who did my trade in, and he changed it over to PS4 Ghosts version. Shockingly smooth and now I'll just wait and see what happens.

And I just decided to check Ebay...the scalping has already begun. Yeesh.

Equistina raised a good question that I have had myself. If I only want to play with 1-2 friends, or by myself with the PS4 disconnected from the Internet, I wonder the game is still enjoyable or will I/we will be missing out on many crucial missions. It seems like the game is more geared towards the MMO aspects.
I believe Destiny requires you to be connected to their servers to play, there is no offline play.

Quick question for you all as I'm debating ordering the LE for Destiny. I would be buying it for PS3, and would most likely only be flowing the single player mode. From what I've read only single player still has you go online and you can team up if you want, do I need to buy anything besides the game to play this? I am not a ps plus member (and for reasons I don't feel like getting into, I am not interested in becoming one) and I know for PS4 you have to be a plus member to go online in games and what have you.

Thanks for your help. I know if I search a little harder I could probably find some more answers, but with a baby my free time is limited and I figure one of you would be able to assist and thus helping me figure out if I want to buy the LE :)
You are required to be connected to the internet to play the game. There is no monthly fee but DLC expansions will be put out periodically. I'm sure there will be skins, etc. as well.

In the game world there are open roam areas and specific story areas you can play by yourself, if you go into the game options to shut off the ability for others to join you on PS3. There are strike missions (raids) you WILL NOT be able to play by yourself as if you're by yourself the game will put you with others. On PS3 you would still have access to play them w/o Plus but would be forced to team up as the Strike missions are MP co-op raids arranged for multiple players.

Since you won't do those strike missions you will have to grind the open world more for experience (there are stereotypical MMO/RPG quests in the open world) as each open area and story mission has recommended levels to be able to complete them.

In terms of PS Plus (for PS4 players) during the Alpha the open world segments and story segments were open to all, but the Strikes and competitive MP arena were labeled PS Plus only.

Just saw Wario 64 tweet the the Dark Souls 2 CE went on sale for $61. That statue looks cool, but I'm afraid the game going forever unplayed if I buy it.

Just saw Wario 64 tweet the the Dark Souls 2 CE went on sale for $61. That statue looks cool, but I'm afraid the game going forever unplayed if I buy it.
I went to Amazon because of that listing - ending up purchasing the entire collector's set for 43.50 shipped from a 3rd Party sell. I already own the game, but I haven't gotten around to opening it. So, I will try to no receipt return it. If that doesn't work, it's still trading for 23 at Best Buy. 20 dollars to upgrade was too good a deal to pass up.

Titanfall feels like one small multiplayer mode compared to Destiny's "First Look Alpha" even, which was one cross section of the supposed full game. It definitely feels MMO-light in a sense to me.

Probably doesn't belong in this thread, but yeah Destiny had a lot more content than Titanfall.  A full rich single player game you can do solo or co-op with friends or random people, 8? (only one shown during alpha) MP pvp match types across multiple maps, 3 man PVE dungeons, random spawn world bosses that require more people, and I think even more stuff.    But the downside is that its always online and your progression is stored server side.

The one thing though is that the combat is pretty FPS generic, very much like Halo/COD.  The combat in Titanfall was a thing of beauty, felt a lot more like the old school classic Doom/Quake super fast paced, flying across the screen, twitch reactions, and of course jumping into a mech was a huge bonus.  After playing Titanfall you feel a bit sadder playing other FPS games, just like TERA sorta ruined most MMO combat systems.

I was able to have my local Gamestop switch my standard copy of Destiny to the Ghost edition over the phone.  They're pretty cool guys over there.  Now I have to cancel my GS online order but it's not showing up in my order history, despite being there yesterday AND having a confirmation email.  For every thing that goes easy, there's a hassle waiting.  Ah well. 

There is no monthly fee. You can play the story mode by yourself and explore in free roam. You will see randoms in free roam, but its up to you whether you want to join them to explore or go into a lobby in search for a Strike or Raid coop mission. :)
Thanks for the help :)

You are required to be connected to the internet to play the game. There is no monthly fee but DLC expansions will be put out periodically. I'm sure there will be skins, etc. as well.

In the game world there are open roam areas and specific story areas you can play by yourself, if you go into the game options to shut off the ability for others to join you on PS3. There are strike missions (raids) you WILL NOT be able to play by yourself as if you're by yourself the game will put you with others. On PS3 you would still have access to play them w/o Plus but would be forced to team up as the Strike missions are MP co-op raids arranged for multiple players.

Since you won't do those strike missions you will have to grind the open world more for experience (there are stereotypical MMO/RPG quests in the open world) as each open area and story mission has recommended levels to be able to complete them.

In terms of PS Plus (for PS4 players) during the Alpha the open world segments and story segments were open to all, but the Strikes and competitive MP arena were labeled PS Plus only.
Thank you very much for the explanation :)

I ended up pre-ordering the Limted Edition since it had the Expansion Pass I figured it was a reasonable price.

It also came with a Beta key so I'll be hopping on when it goes live to try it out, although I'm thinking if the beta lets more than one player play, I might have to go out and buy a controller for my Hubby as I think he might want to play this (he liked playing Halo with his friends a few years ago).

Amazon has the ps4 ghost edition back. Either people cancelled or they got the final count of how many they will actually be receiving.

blame_canada.jpg

I live in MI, pretty close to the border with Windsor or Sarnia....I'm tempted to preorder one for pick-up.  Just gotta be patient. 

GS.com out of Destiny Ghost editions for PS4 and XB1. Still has Ghost for old gen and the $100 LE for all 4 systems as of 8:30 p.m. central. Not sure about in store.

Don't worry guys, when Destiny GE goes up on BB, I'll pre-order ten in honor of all those of you who are bound to miss it.

for those who don't follow every thread, if you pre-ordered the Persona Q WildCards Edition (CE) on bestbuy.com for $49.99 (shoulda been $79.99) they have reverted the SKU to the regular edition, on both the website and in your order history details.  They don't even carry the Wild Cards edition on the website at the moment.  Who knows what exactly will happen, but something to be aware of.

The Order 1886 CE preorders still seem valid, for now at least

I think online it automatically stops after 3.
Theres no actual enforcement of the limit online or in-store. Quite a few of the mom/pops have dropped their distributors and just started buying games from BBY as they are cheaper. The biggest thing I saw was my local mom/pop getting in 30+ copies of AC3 with that coupon bby put out.

Deep Silver doing a voting of things you'd like to see in the Dead Island 2 CE:

http://bit.ly/1qWDVBL

Headless zombie girl statue sadly is not one of the choices.

Theres no actual enforcement of the limit online or in-store. Quite a few of the mom/pops have dropped their distributors and just started buying games from BBY as they are cheaper. The biggest thing I saw was my local mom/pop getting in 30+ copies of AC3 with that coupon bby put out.

Deep Silver doing a voting of things you'd like to see in the Dead Island 2 CE:

http://bit.ly/1qWDVBL

Headless zombie girl statue sadly is not one of the choices.
i wonder how are they going to deliver on the a real zombie

I might be crazy but I can't see myself spending money on these LEs for Destiny. I haven't played the game yet, but even after the beta invite I may just stick to the normal game. I just hate spending on season passes for unknown content.

I find it funny that people are doing that when just a few weeks ago a manager read me a riot act. He wanted to know why I've bought two WiiU's (original and then a Zelda), two PS4s, a Pokemon 3DS, and a Zelda 3DS. He told me I better not buy any more systems or I'll be banned from Best Buy.

This came when I returned a Walking Dead 360 that I bought when there was that sale like a month ago. The case came crushed and he decided to go through my preorders and purchase history when doing the return. I better not go back - he will see my Mario Kart trade ins from Target lol

I might be crazy but I can't see myself spending money on these LEs for Destiny. I haven't played the game yet, but even after the beta invite I may just stick to the normal game. I just hate spending on season passes for unknown content.
To some people it isn't worth it and to others it is. What sold me is the pass and the steel book(I love steel books and think they look nice to have). Others don't care about those things and i respect that. It becomes another issue when someone who doesn't have interest starts calling people who spend their money on these things names and insulting them.

To some people it isn't worth it and to others it is. What sold me is the pass and the steel book(I love steel books and think they look nice to have)..
I justified ordering the LE because of the pass :0

I'm excited to try the beta next week to see how I like it :)

(This will also be my first steel book!)

When best buy does finally put it up for preorder can you go in store and preorder it? And how much would you have to put down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back