Not open for further replies.

Vogyn

CAGiversary!
Official Collector's Edition

Compilation X - 2019

Includes Books, Consoles, Controllers, Games, Miscellaneous, & Steelbooks

Anthology Index: 

Deals: (Updated 03/25/19)
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Valkyria Chronicles 4: Memoirs of Battle Edition  :ps4: - $41.65 (Amazon)
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition   :ps4: - $26.99 (Amazon)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 03/25/19)
03/25/19 - Version 1.8

• Added:
  • [BK] Arcade Game Typography: The Art of Pixel Type: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Neon Genesis Evangelion Art Collection: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Overwatch: The Official Cookbook: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Cuphead: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Diablo: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Hearthstone: Year of the Kraken: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Rage 2: [AmazonBethesda]
  • [BK] The Art of Super Mario Odyssey: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Cinematic Art of World of Warcraft Volume 1: [Amazon]
  • [CC] Xbox One Phantom White Controller: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • [LE] A.I.: The Somnium Files: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Crystar: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Fire Emblem: Three Houses: [Amazon]
  • [MC] Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 04: VR Kit: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • Deals:
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Fixed:
  • SNK 40th Anniversary Collection Limited Edition Image
  • The Princess Guide Limited Edition Image
  • Total War: 3 Kingdoms Collector's Edition Image
  • Updated:
  • The Caligula Effect: Overdose release date 03/12/19.
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel Limited Edition release date 03/26/19
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II Limited Edition release date 05/07/19

01/31/19 - Version 1.7

01/30/19 - Version 1.6

• Added:
  • [SB] MLB The Show: [Gamestop]
  • [LE] Catherine: Full Body: [Play-Asia]
  • [LE] The Division 2: [GAME]
  • [LE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [GAME]
  • [CE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [Creative Assembly]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • Division 2 Steelbooks updated to 03/15

01/29/19 - Version 1.5

01/28/19 - Version 1.4

01/27/19 - Version 1.3

• Added:
  • [CE]JP Ace Combat 7 - [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]JP Code Vein [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]EU Code Vein [GAME]
  • [CE]NA  Tales of Vesperia - [Bandai Namco]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/25/19 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [SBThe Division 2 [Gamestop] 
  • [LE] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - [EB Games AU]
  • [CEThe World of Tanks - [Amazon]
  • [CCKingdom Hearts III - [Amazon JP]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • TBA to 03/26/19 - [CEGeneration Zero: [Amazon]

01/22/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • Hyperlinks to the Anthology Index in OP.
  • Hyperlink to the IXth thread in Graveyard in OP.
  • Crackdown 3 [SB] - [Best Buy]
  • Dead or Alive 6 [SB] - [Gamestop]
  • MLB The Show [CE- [Gamestop]
  • Deals:
  • Valkyrie Chronicles 4: Memoirs from Battle Edition - $49.22 (Amazon)
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • The Thread
  • Deals:
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

Last edited by a moderator:
Did somebody actually see it open for orders?

I have some doubt about using "#1 seller" badge on the listing as a metric of whether it went live yet, mainly because the ASIN is the same across more than one region, and it's possible they listed it as #1 for all regions because of it. Now if somebody actually saw it live I'd be more willing to believe it
Shadowmoses12 said he saw it went up couple days ago

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

You don't. I ended up canceling mine. 720p 30fps when I have the option of 1080p 60fps is too big a difference to me, IMO.

I canceled it when I realized I'd just keep the metal case and trading in the NS version immediately, and canceled the stand-alone $14.99 case so I wouldn't be spending $55 on it for the PS4 version. I'll just wait til the combined can be had for under $40.
Very good logic. Think I'm about to cancel and save my money for something else.

You don't. I ended up canceling mine. 720p 30fps when I have the option of 1080p 60fps is too big a difference to me, IMO.

I canceled it when I realized I'd just keep the metal case and trading in the NS version immediately, and canceled the stand-alone $14.99 case so I wouldn't be spending $55 on it for the PS4 version. I'll just wait til the combined can be had for under $40.
Or you can try selling the switch version locally for 25-30.

Make an account, they're actively cancelling non uk purchases and filtering regions though so if you're trying to import a CE right now I wouldn't bother
I've long had an account with Game but I haven't been able to log in since they put up the listing... anyone else having that issue? Just gives me a blank page with "please try again later".

I've long had an account with Game but I haven't been able to log in since they put up the listing... anyone else having that issue? Just gives me a blank page with "please try again later".
They're region blocking the account page afaik, believe you need to be on a vpn

They're region blocking the account page afaik, believe you need to be on a vpn
LOL So even if I just wanted to check my account for something completely unrelated, I couldn't? Wow. Guess they're taking a scorched earth approach.

Really wish NOA didn't suck so much.

Disaster Report 4 LE is up on NISA for preorder. $90 each for both PS4 and Switch, physical contents don't seems to warrant the asking prices tbh

Last edited by a moderator:
The steps some companies will go through to not make money.
Obviously NOA has run the numbers and saving their steelbook stock to offer later when sales start lagging is going to make them more money in the long run.

Obviously NOA has run the numbers and saving their steelbook stock to offer later when sales start lagging is going to make them more money in the long run.
Publishers keep screwing with their day1 supporters so therefore people are buying less and less day1 games. Keep it up, pubs.

Up at the ArcSystemWorks site for $99.99 for PS4 and Switch

img.jpg

Is it actually up? I only see their blog post about it.
It's not up nor has it ever been. This was just a blog post to hype that it's coming and they said they would provide information about where it would be sold later. I would assume it will be sold in their store, but their verbiage was confusing.

It's not up nor has it ever been. This was just a blog post to hype that it's coming and they said they would provide information about where it would be sold later. I would assume it will be sold in their store, but their verbiage was confusing.
Thanks, I ended up catching up with em on Twitter. Will keep an eye out for it.

guess they decided to produce a bunch more for consoles since they had to order more for PC CE anyway
I wonder if it's maybe due to the graphical demands of the game... the PC version will obviously be the best looking (ample hardware provided), then the X1X and then the PS4 Pro. So those who missed out on the PC version maybe went for the Xbox version as the 1X will likely run the game better than the Pro?

Or did they really just mess up their estimates that badly where the PC version sold out in minutes while the PS4 version came back in stock.

Astral Chain LE is up on nedgame, no US as shipping destination. Forwarding service only work if they offer concierge aka buy it on your behalf.

I've seen posts like this multiple times in one way or another... what's this about/in reference to? I'm guessing there was something where there was to be a exclusive steelbook and it ended up being available at BestBuy?
The Pokemon Lets Go steels that came out months after the game released in the US. It was Japan-only up to that point AFAIK. Chances are the same will happen with this one, or become a freebie at some point before release for existing orders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back