Official Microsoft Points and Xbox Live subscriptions Deal Thread - Read rules in OP!

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Xbox Live Subscription and Microsoft Currency deal thread!

This thread is for in-store or online deals on Live subscriptions or Microsoft currency/Microsoft Points.

It is NOT for:

• Discussion of Bing Search and using Bing to get currency or other rewards
  • Discussion of exploits related to receiving a free month of Xbox Live
Happy gaming!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='XF Gator']
Also keep in mind that DLC downloads on the first console work for any account. (Useful if you want to split the cost of COD map packs with a friend). Definitely one nice thing about Xbox DLC over PS3.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='donkeydrop']You can share with up to 5 consoles on PS3 AND none of them have to be online to play.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='aznguyen316']Lol I was going to mention this. My old Group share was the shit![/QUOTE]
Yeah, LOL at Gator. Fanboy much? I have no idea what he's talking about on how to share DLC on the Xbox but I know you can do it five times on PS3.

[quote name='ravens52bears54']Yeah, LOL at Gator. Fanboy much? I have no idea what he's talking about on how to share DLC on the Xbox but I know you can do it five times on PS3.[/QUOTE]

PS3 sharing is undoubtedly much easier and much better, but there is a way to share any downloadable content on Xbox 360 with one other console. It must be done at point of purchase though. All downloadable content is tied to two IDs: the purchasing Gamertag and the first console to which the purchased content is downloaded. That means you can sign in to your account on your friend's Xbox 360, purchase something with your Microsoft points, and download the item to his console. All Gamertags on his console can then play/use that content. Then you can sign in to your account on your own console and download the same content which has already been marked as purchased. Only your Gamertag can play/use that content on your Xbox 360, however, any others can do so as long as your Gamertag is simultaneously signed in, e.g. with a 2nd controller.

[quote name='turls']$44.99 on Amazon for both electronic delivery and physical. Don't usually see a sale price on the digital points.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I saw that this morning & I had $3 in promotional credit left so got 4000 points for $41.99. Not bad. :D

[quote name='hk1200']I never see the dashboard deals but whatever.[/QUOTE]

Neither do I, but sign into XBOX REWARDS and scroll 3/4 of the way down the page...

I renewed my 12 month with a code yesterday...
don't see the 200MSP in my rewards account yet,
but MS is known for taking FOREVER to pay up.
Though they usually do eventually.

bg_stay_gold_twohundred.gif

12 Month Xbox LIVE Gold Membership
Renew Gold Membership and earn 200 points.

EDIT 9/13/11 I just checked my rewards account and sure enough:
08/12/2011 Renewed 12 Month Xbox LIVE Gold Membership 200

Does anyone have any news on the gears of war 3 12 months + 2 extra months xbox live cards? Gotta lock down my live because if you guys didn't know Microsoft is plaiing to raise the price of XBox live yet again probably by another $10.

[quote name='raiser']Neither do I, but sign into XBOX REWARDS and scroll 3/4 of the way down the page...

Though they usually do eventually.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip; just used a renewal card there.

In the next couple months, I'll be needing to renew three Live accounts. I'm begging for a deal here.

The best I can find right now is from this eBay seller for $35. Can anyone do better than this?

My policy has always to stay away from eBay for subscription an point cards. But I've seen this around since May, and it looks like they actually send you the card. Makes me feel safer.

I grabbed the 4000 point code from Amazon last night, and I think I'll get Bastion soon, and I'm waiting for Incubus songs on Rock Band 3 and then RE 4 in September.

It's going to be hard for me to ever buy anything from PSN again when MS Points are discounted regularly and I get a steady stream of them free thru Bing Rewards.

[quote name='Curufinwe']I'm waiting for Incubus songs on Rock Band 3 and then RE 4 in September.

[/QUOTE]

isn't resident evil 4 going to be games on demand which I dont think can be bought with points unless that has changed

[quote name='clearM3']isn't resident evil 4 going to be games on demand which I dont think can be bought with points unless that has changed[/QUOTE]
You've been able to use points for at least a year. Just press X during checkout to change cash into points.

just called in to xbox support to cancel autorenewal and was offered 12 months of gold for $40...once again YMMV, but its worth asking the rep about, it was a 'special offer' on my account.

[quote name='clearM3']isn't resident evil 4 going to be games on demand which I dont think can be bought with points unless that has changed[/QUOTE]

I may be thinking of something else but isn't the re4 rerelease going to be an hd remake. That makes me think it will be more in line with arcade pricing and payment conventions anyway.

That's a misconception. Games on Demand default to real money for payment, but they can easily be purchased with MS Points by pressing X at the checkout screen.

And yeah, RE 4 is going to be a Games on Demand title that will cost around 1600 points.

[quote name='desertraider']FYI, just saw this on eBay and thought I'd throw it out there. I've never done business with this seller but their rating looks decent enough and appears they have sold some of these cards before.

http://cgi.ebay.com/250874083147[/QUOTE]

that picture is alarming....but the username seems like a counterfit shop from china. but all the feedback is good :whistle2:k

[quote name='yahoosale14']that picture is alarming....but the username seems like a counterfit shop from china. but all the feedback is good :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ebay profile']Member id shuchang.love ( 79Blue star icon for feedback score in between 50 to 99)

Positive Feedback (last 12 months): 100%

personally I wouldn't risk it

[quote name='buckythekat']personally I wouldn't risk it[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I didn't catch the person was in Vietnam. On the auction listing, it shows they are in Connecticut. LOL

** BUYER BEWARE **

[quote name='desertraider']Yeah, I didn't catch the person was in Vietnam. On the auction listing, it shows they are in Connecticut. LOL

** BUYER BEWARE **[/QUOTE]

it's possible they actually ship out of CT but the seller is at least originally from Vietnam

[quote name='yahoosale14']that picture is alarming....but the username seems like a counterfit shop from china. but all the feedback is good :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

It looks weird. The feedback for the cards makes it seem like the codes are emailed. I am tempted to try it...

[quote name='lingitiz']I'm seeing 3 months for 12.50 but no 1 month for $1.[/QUOTE]

Im not seeing either of these...My subscription ended yesterday and it would be really nice to get either one

[quote name='VipFREAK']This sucks... I need another 12 mo. subscribe card... :\[/QUOTE]
Same here.

Current offer on my dashboard

12 months at 20% off 47.99
OR
Activate a 12 month Gold Card and get 400 free points!

So i need a 12 month card. Where are the $40 dealssss.

I need to find another deal on a subscription as well. I was lucky enough to grab a eBay/buy.com Live Starter kit for $43 last week, but I need another to add to my son's account before I convert to the family pack. I' m kicking myself for missing the Sear's 60Gb HDD kit clearance for $20 1-2 weeks ago.

[quote name='PANZERGRENADIER']TRU is having $5 off 1600 point cards in store wednesday and thursday.[/QUOTE]

1600 Microsoft Point Cards rarely go below $15.
Get them while they're hot folks.

[quote name='raiser']Neither do I, but sign into XBOX REWARDS and scroll 3/4 of the way down the page...

Though they usually do eventually.

bg_stay_gold_twohundred.gif

12 Month Xbox LIVE Gold Membership
Renew Gold Membership and earn 200 points.[/QUOTE]

It will show up when your current subscription expires and the new one goes active. If you didn't have a current subscription it can take several days to show up. They can take forever.

I want to edit the first post to mention that Buy.com is now charging sales tax (only in some states), but what is the final word on if points cards should be charged sales tax or not? Should all retailers be doing that or not? If they are supposed to be doing it anyway, its not 1st post material.

[quote name='turls']I want to edit the first post to mention that Buy.com is now charging sales tax (only in some states), but what is the final word on if points cards should be charged sales tax or not? Should all retailers be doing that or not? If they are supposed to be doing it anyway, its not 1st post material.[/QUOTE]

sales tax on the points cards is at the store's discretion iirc. TRU doesnt charge sales tax, BB does

[quote name='yahoosale14']sales tax on the points cards is at the store's discretion iirc. TRU doesnt charge sales tax, BB does[/QUOTE]

not in all states

no sales tax on points cards at Best Buy in Virginia

Years ago BB did charge sales tax on cards in VA, but they have since stopped doing it. I've also bought Zune Passes at $14.99 with no tax, and when they had the Zune point cards for $15 and $25, they didn't charge tax.

[quote name='Gideon68']Dashboard offer of 2 Months for $2.[/QUOTE]

I had that deal show up in my dash board a week or so ago, and the fine print said something about it being valid for only 48 hours. Unfortunately, I didn't pay close enough attention to the dates, because it was gone the next day. A few days later though, a new deal popped up to get 1 year for $35.99 (plus tax as I later found out), so I bit on that. Just have to remember to call and cancel auto-renew....

Got that 4000 point card today from ebay/buy.com and xbox live keeps saying error has occurred when I try to enter it.

There's also a chance that it might not be active yet, was there any mention of the code being activated within 24 hours, etc?

bread's done
Back