Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

so how does one print out a UPC sheet to check out prices? because my Sears has their games in a glass case and the employees look to douchey, so I don't bother asking them to pull out all the games.

[quote name='the8055']so how does one print out a UPC sheet to check out prices? because my Sears has their games in a glass case and the employees look to douchey, so I don't bother asking them to pull out all the games.[/QUOTE]

You look up the UPC code for the games you want (e.g. at half.com), then plug them into an online UPC generator. This will give you an image of the UPC that you can print.

I usually use half.com to get the UPC then plug it into the UPC Lookup at Upcdatabase.com

Once it gives you a UPC you can copy it as an image and use whatever program you want to make a list, I use Word.

[quote name='lobito72']nothing at Sears today?[/QUOTE]

Is it the first friday of the month in the first full week??

[quote name='dabamus']Is it the first friday of the month in the first full week??[/QUOTE]

Do you always answer a question with a question?

(nevermind, I'm just being a smartass :rofl:)

Just got back from Sears with some nice $3 finds, but this time I noticed the pink clearance stickers had "MAY" on them (I have never seen months next to the prices before). Is there a certain day of the month that Sears marks all the games down when they redo the stickers? It would be nice to know when to check for new prices instead of going in at random multiple times a month.

Thank you.

Sears clearance stickers often have months on them and/or are color-coded. New clearance drops have been first Friday of the month lately.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='N3UROP0D']Sears clearance stickers often have months on them and/or are color-coded. New clearance drops have been first Monday of the month lately.[/QUOTE]

IAmTheCheapestGamer said they had been on first Friday for the most part... Can anyone confirm a day they've had success with?

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']IAmTheCheapestGamer said they had been on first Friday for the most part... Can anyone confirm a day they've had success with?[/QUOTE]

Friday is correct.

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']IAmTheCheapestGamer said they had been on first Friday for the most part... Can anyone confirm a day they've had success with?[/QUOTE]

confirmed

The posts in this thread get more useless day after day. If anyone would bother to read a little you would realize that most of the questions asked recently have also been answered two pages ago. I thought this was cheapassgamer, not stupidassgamer. Lets try to post some more finds and price confirmations rather then trade-in prices and drop dates that are long off.

I went to my Sears in Lincoln,NE and the prices sucked for ps3 games granted there were only a few games it was still dumb clearance deals,
prices were mostly $15 and $20 range

crap i picked up 2 game wolfenstien to trade in to eztradin and it appear stuck or lost at post office 9102010521297267587246 .shipped it 14th and arrived to NJ 18th and stuck there since

He is lying, don't believe him. The drops really happen on Thursday and he wants you to get there a day late after he has bought all the games.

Shame on you IATCG!

[quote name='shoe478']He is lying, don't believe him. The drops really happen on Thursday and he wants you to get there a day late after he has bought all the games.

Shame on you IATCG![/QUOTE]

I belive you

[quote name='boneless']Do you always answer a question with a question?

(nevermind, I'm just being a smartass :rofl:)[/QUOTE]

Better to be a smartass than a dumbass...

[quote name='gnatforeva']The posts in this thread get more useless day after day. If anyone would bother to read a little you would realize that most of the questions asked recently have also been answered two pages ago. I thought this was cheapassgamer, not stupidassgamer. Lets try to post some more finds and price confirmations rather then trade-in prices and drop dates that are long off.[/QUOTE]
But the trade in values allow people to know that if they think X or Y game they bought really sucks, at least they can get most of what they paid back for it(and with the EZ Tradein program in cash via Paypal even).

So at least then they know they won't be stuck with the games thinking they're worth nothing and trying to trade them forever on here and getting nowhere.:razz:

[quote name='shoe478']He is lying, don't believe him. The drops really happen on Thursday and he wants you to get there a day late after he has bought all the games.

Shame on you IATCG![/QUOTE]
It's on the sixth Monday of the month actually.;) I'm in all your stores, stealing all your clearance games.:lol:

[quote name='Jashes']I picked up Muramasa (Wii) at Sears in Pheasant Lane Mall in Nashua, NH for $10. Sadly it was the last copy.[/QUOTE]

Hey, you! Stop sniffin around my territory!:)

Picked up "Dead Space Extraction" for Wii at the Regency Mall Sears in Richmond VA for $14.97. They had one more copy left.

It was marked with a pink clearance sticker, but required a manager override as it was not updated in the system. Supposedly they offer a "$5 our bad discount" when the prices don't match up, but the Mgr was a jerk after making me wait 20 min for a markdown and would not give the discount--if I was a jerk I could have gotten it, but I had my kids with me and did not want to model bad behavior.

The associate who helped me was super cool though--a young man about 6ft and blond. He knew his stock in the dept and was helpful in trying to unsuccessfully track down a Muramasa.

I think I'm EL HOARDO's long lost half brother. I didn't see the main game I took a trek to a much further off Sears today to try and get(FO3 GOTY:ps3:) as both copies that were there last time I was there were long gone.

But I did see(and grab) the following:

Singstar Vol. 2 bundle:ps3: x4-$4.97 each
Imagine: Family Doctor:ds: x4-$.97 each
Viva Pinata:360: x2(one in the unique packaging, the other a platinum hits re-release)-$2.97 each
Wolfenstein:ps3:-$9.97

I also saw the following but did NOT grab them:

WET:ps3:-1 copy
DIRT 2:ps3:-2 copies

[quote name='donssword']Picked up "Dead Space Extraction" for Wii at the Regency Mall Sears in Richmond VA for $14.97. They had one more copy left.
[/QUOTE]

Actually, it was clearanced $14.97 previously, but then it mysteriously went back up to $29.99 everywhere. You must have gotten lucky and found a copy that they hadn't removed the old clearance price tags from.

[quote name='arcane93']Actually, it was clearanced $14.97 previously, but then it mysteriously went back up to $29.99 everywhere. You must have gotten lucky and found a copy that they hadn't removed the old clearance price tags from.[/QUOTE]

Pure speculation on my part, but we've also seen the same thing happen to Brutal Legend. In each case there was a price drop to $29.99 and $19.99 respectively and I think that reset the clearance schedule.

So if the markdowns are the 1st Friday of the month, when are the games actually available with the new price? Same day Friday, or Saturday?

[quote name='donssword']So if the markdowns are the 1st Friday of the month, when are the games actually available with the new price? Same day Friday, or Saturday?[/QUOTE]

personally ive gone on sat mourning (right when they open), even tho the changes take place on friday, they change the sticker prices (at my store) late sat or late sun

print out a upc, and use the scanner to be sure

Everytime I've gone on the friday itself, the prices are already active, but ymmv. Like aleraiders said bring a upc sheet (I think the exact step-by-step method is on the first page of the target clearence thread?).

Recent pick up:

Loco Roco 2 (3 copies) - 4.97 - One copy goes to my GF and the other goes to my Halloween giveaway box.
Singstar Vol.2 bundle (3 copies) - 4.97 - One copy goes to my friend and his GF and the other goes to my friend's cousin.
Muramasa - 9.97
Wet - 9.97
Hot Shots PS3 - 1.97

1274727314.jpg

[quote name='ooga']Either way you're still an ass! :cool:[/QUOTE]

he's both actually.

Dan - nice haul. that hot shots golf trades in a for a lot if you hate it. But at $3, what's to hate?

Picked up:

:ds: Imagine Family Doctor x3 - 97 cents each
:psp: NBA Live 09 - 1.97
:360: TNA Impact - 1.97

Flipped them to Gamestop for around 28 bucks after 30 percent extra. Not too bad. Family Doctor flips for 5.50ish after 30 percent extra (4.25 before).

[quote name='dan13l858']Recent pick up:

Loco Roco 2 (3 copies) - 4.97 - One copy goes to my GF and the other goes to my Halloween giveaway box.
Singstar Vol.2 bundle (3 copies) - 4.97 - One copy goes to my friend and his GF and the other goes to my friend's cousin.
Muramasa - 9.97
Wet - 9.97
Hot Shots PS3 - 1.97

1274727314.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Damn. Nice haul. I passed up about 3-4 copies of Loco Roco 2 yesterday at the store I snagged my haul from.

But I still got what I wanted from the store, a nice haul, which is nigh impossible to get around here anymore.

[quote name='dan13l858']Recent pick up:

Muramasa - 9.97
Wet - 9.97
Hot Shots PS3 - 1.97

1274727314.jpg
[/QUOTE]

And the SingStar bundle (including all the mics and adapter) trade in for almost $20 in total with the bonus % tacked on. Not too bad....

[quote name='jupiterjones']And the SingStar bundle (including all the mics and adapter) trade in for almost $20 in total with the bonus % tacked on. Not too bad....[/QUOTE]
Singstar gets THAT much in trade? Really? I would've thought it would've been like $3-4 at most for the game and $1 for each mic with maybe $2 for the USB thing for the mics to go into at MOST.

[quote name='jupiterjones']And the SingStar bundle (including all the mics and adapter) trade in for almost $20 in total with the bonus % tacked on. Not too bad....[/QUOTE]

I usually give away the Singstar Bundles to friends and family. I think it's a great party game and i usually buy them cheap so i can spread the experience.

[quote name='dan13l858']Ha, i didn't include the 10 Imagine: Family Doctor copies i bought the week before. lol[/QUOTE]
:shock: Ten?!?! If only I had locked in the higher value at the BB/DT trade site while it was available. But with one FYE trade($6 cash there)I can make up the $4 I spent on the four copies and then give away the other copies to my buddies' nieces for their respective DS systems.:D

I also plan on giving them one of the Singstar bundles to goof around with.

So, some of you are reporting getting Fallout 3 GOTY on clearance correct? Mine had both versions but neither were on clearance. (The guy double checked and everything for me)

Well at least I know I haven't been missing out on Singstar; I don't think I've ever seen that game in person, and I definitely haven't at any of the Sears I've ever gone to.

[quote name='optimusprime8062']So, some of you are reporting getting Fallout 3 GOTY on clearance correct? Mine had both versions but neither were on clearance. (The guy double checked and everything for me)[/QUOTE]

Mine had a label with a price of $14.97 in the clearance rack where the PS3 version would have been but none in stock. They had the XB360 version behind the glass and I had them check but too bad it's full price at $60. What a bummer.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:shock: Ten?!?! If only I had locked in the higher value at the BB/DT trade site while it was available. But with one FYE trade($6 cash there)I can make up the $4 I spent on the four copies and then give away the other copies to my buddies' nieces for their respective DS systems.:D

I also plan on giving them one of the Singstar bundles to goof around with.[/QUOTE]

I trade 9 of them in for the Lost Planet 2 and gave the last one to my niece.

bread's done
Back