*OFFICIAL* TRU 50% OFF DEAL! COMPLETE LIST ON FIRST PAGE!

[quote name='Sartori'][quote name='suko_32'][quote name='Sartori'][quote name='suko_32'][quote name='yeldarb367'][quote name='smashedixnay']Can anyone post a list of the games that are on sale in TRU stores, but sell for a lot on Ebay? I'm heading there tomorrow. Thanks@![/quote]
Most of us get the games to play them, not for the sole purpose of making a profit on eBay. I'm not sure which ones are valuable and they are probably gone by now anyways.[/quote]

I agree. Though, it can't hurt to sell a few right? There's nothing wrong........now please don't flame me.

Yeldarb367, The TRU at our place has almost no rare games left. The only place I didn't check was that stand that had PS1 and PS2 games in the aisle (isle?) between the PS2 and GC games. You MIGHT find Front Mission 3 and stuff in there.[/quote]

No. Our TRU has only had one Front Mission for the past - what 6-12 months?[/quote]

So I got the last one? Sorry.[/quote]

Yeah, you got the only one. Sorry about what? I was there before you, but passed on FM 3. Circuit City broke me and I can only spend so much here.[/quote]

Okay, I'm not sorry then. This is revenge for you guys clearing out CC when I got there. I will always hog the games from now on so you can't get any. YOU KNOW WHAT????...................................Just joking!!! :lol:

Ok, I'm done with this "Grabbing the last game" Issue I think.

Just for the sake of staying on Topic, FFXI is NOT part of the 50% thing

Dropped by two TRU's today. The first one the guy behind the counter seemed to be aware of the 50% of sale. He said a bunch of stuff, including toys are going 50% off. He was suprised at how accurate my list was, even asked where I got it from. :lol:

The 2nd TRU had a few gamecube games I could not find at my local TRU, so the trip was well worth it.

I'm not gonna list what I got, because everything was on the list compiled earlier in this thread.

Anyways four things too note.

He said that the ratchet and clank 2 as well as tokyo extreme racing 3 were removed from the promo today.

All my games "scanned" as PROMO, GREEN TAG. They showed up on the receipt as Green Tag.

On instinct I grabbed the following two xbox games (cause they had a red dot on them) and they came up half price.
Serious Sam - $10, and Spy Hunter - $10. (XBOX)

All dreamcast games are 50% off, I walked off with a bunch. I've had my eye on them for several months waiting for a price drop. Glad I caught them when I did. (Thank you CAG)

BTW wacked (xbox) is selling for $10 at best buy which is $5 cheaper.

See ya!

[quote name='suko_32']
Okay, I'm not sorry then. This is revenge for you guys clearing out CC when I got there. I will always hog the games from now on so you can't get any. YOU KNOW WHAT????...................................Just joking!!! :lol:

Ok, I'm done with this "Grabbing the last game" Issue I think.

Just for the sake of staying on Topic, FFXI is NOT part of the 50% thing[/quote]

I told (or just mentioned) Andrew to pick it up when we were there, but he didn't. It's a sweet game. One of my favorite SRPGs.

ahhh i cannot go today cuz my mom is bein dumb sayin she has no money.

Now i really wonder why she has no money
she has no job
neither does my dad

i feel dumb I had a chance today too get star wars rogue sqaudron 3 for gamecube and I passed up on it, im still impressed I scored king of fighters 00/01

Is the PS2 2003 fall buddle 115? It came with an extra control, dvd, two game one of them is JAk and the price is 229.99. I saw only one left so I took it to the register, but it rang up at 229.99 after the total. I have to tell him I don't want it and he is kinda pissed.

These I got today that aren't on the list (though i did not look throught the 28+ pages to see if they had been mentioned):
Shenmue II (XB) - 9.99
JSRF (XB) - 12.49
Medal of Honor: RS (GC) - 14.97

Just FYI!!

I went to the TRU in Kendall Fl and checked and found strategy guides that are also 50% off, I scanned the FF x-2 official guide and it was green tagged I also found a pile of Parasite eve 2 guides and dino crisis guides and got them at 2.00 a pop, then in all amazement i found the largest stash of .01 guides i have ever seen over 60+ in total and we scooped them all and still left a good deal (around 25 or so +) left. Most of them were Nintendo guides (quite a few zeld collector guides), anyways check guides as well in your stores. and good luck

No one said they don't have the right to buy tons of games and sell them on eBay, but it doesn't mean they're not a jackass.

what a bummer.. ima be going to hong kong tomarrow, and.. ima miss this deal :( well i wont, but itll all be gone, only barbie left for me .. =[

[quote name='KingNES']I went to the TRU in Kendall Fl and checked and found strategy guides that are also 50% off, I scanned the FF x-2 official guide and it was green tagged I also found a pile of Parasite eve 2 guides and dino crisis guides and got them at 2.00 a pop, then in all amazement i found the largest stash of .01 guides i have ever seen over 60+ in total and we scooped them all and still left a good deal (around 25 or so +) left. Most of them were Nintendo guides (quite a few zeld collector guides), anyways check guides as well in your stores. and good luck[/quote]

awesome, thanks kingnes! i've been wanting the ffx-2 guide for awhile :p

just got back from my 2nd trip to TRU and scored

Front Mission 3- $20
Sphinx- $6.47 ( didnt get a shirt though =(

couldnt find any REZ's or Disgaea's hopefully when i go back later in the week they'll have some

Mine didn't have Disgaea's either, bummer.

I was also wondering if someone can make a 50% off and .01 cents strategy guides list. Something like this would be much appreciated.

Also, on the list it says Romance of the Three Kingdoms- $15, I got mine for 7.50. It's Romance of the Three Kingdoms 7.

I'm not sure, but Castlevania:Aria of Sorrow might be discounted also. It scanned as "PROMO," but the clerk didn't total the price.

Thank you, tubtub, yellowaznboy and suko_32 for all your hard work. I picked up Deus Ex 2, Prince of Persia and Secret Weapons Over Normandy.

Just got back from another Vegas TRU on Maryland Pkwy.

Picked up Kill Switch, Sphinx, and Voodoo Vince for $40. The lady working the register also gave me one of the Xbox game case holders that was 50% off for FREE. No idea why, she just threw it in the bag and didn't charge me.

Soul Calibur 2 was the only game I had the girl scan that wasn't 50% off.

I can confirm that the TRU on Maryland and the TRU on Meadows do not have REZ or Disgaea, nor do they have any systems (PS2, NGC, or Xbox) for 50% off. Also, no Halo Xboxes.

Still, not a bad haul for $40.

[quote name='Dogpatch']Just got back from TRU:

Metal Arms: Glitch in the System (XBOX) 9.99
Sphinx (XBOX) 6.47
MGS2: Substance (XBOX) 7.49
Simpsons: Hit & Run (GC) 19.99

Think it rocked that Metal Arms was 10 bucks. Also got the shirt with Sphinx. There were more there from the list but I don't want to get the wife totally pissed at me. She couldn't understand buying 18 games when I hit up the CC sale :)

This was Columbia, SC.[/quote]

I'm in the same boat . . . there isn't much in this sale that I really wanted . . . but the 20-some games that I added in the CC sale are really compromising my ability to buy more games :argue:

I'm looking for PoP Xbox . . . here is my tradelist
http://cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26808

[quote name='adamsappel']I'm not sure, but Castlevania:Aria of Sorrow might be discounted also. It scanned as "PROMO," but the clerk didn't total the price.

Thank you, tubtub, yellowaznboy and suko_32 for all your hard work. I picked up Deus Ex 2, Prince of Persia and Secret Weapons Over Normandy.[/quote]

Your welcome, thanks for the compliment.

Since I'm making a post, can someone tell me if FF Origins is 50% off? I tried to scan it but there's a bump on the design of the case that protects it so it wouldn't scan. The case I'm refering to is like the cases at CC, ya know?

[quote name='Dare']just got back from my 2nd trip to TRU and scored

Front Mission 3- $20
Sphinx- $6.47 ( didnt get a shirt though =(

couldnt find any REZ's or Disgaea's hopefully when i go back later in the week they'll have some[/quote]

Don't count on it, both are discontinued and likely there are none in the warehouse.

I did get Disgaea, really the only thing I wanted at the TRUs I went to. I wanted Ikaruga, but no dice. :(

speaking of the CC sale, with this sale added on over the past two months I have goteen about 20 new games for under 100 bucks, i think I just spooged myself

Since no one has mentioned it (that I've seen at least,) Links 2004 for X-Box is also a 50% off game. My friend got it today for 14.99. That's what I call a deal. There was also a HUGE problem that me and my friend had with the store manager, but we won't get into that. The short story is that she flat out lied to us about the sale. But their corporate office will be getting a letter soon enough.

Anyway, add Links 2004 to the list.

[quote name='mva5580']Since no one has mentioned it (that I've seen at least,) Links 2004 for X-Box is also a 50% off game. My friend got it today for 14.99. That's what I call a deal. There was also a HUGE problem that me and my friend had with the store manager, but we won't get into that. The short story is that she flat out lied to us about the sale. But their corporate office will be getting a letter soon enough.

Anyway, add Links 2004 to the list.[/quote]

Spill the beans!

Mine doubled the prices on several games.

For example... Smashing Drive was $40. Rygar was $40. Skygunner was $50. Gunmetal was $40...

... I hate where I live. *hugs my local Wal-Mart though*

Forgot to mention I also picked up

Virtua Fighter Evo for PS2 at $10 and it was the greatest hits version.

[quote name='madmab']Forgot to mention I also picked up

Virtua Fighter Evo for PS2 at $10 and it was the greatest hits version.[/quote]

i got that at the CC sale for 5, those clerks believe anything you say when you have a ten page list with you

I won't really type it ALL out right now because I'm going to eat in a few minutes, but I'll try to summarize. There was a lady behind the counter (who turned out to be the video game dept. manager) in street clothes talking on a cell phone to her "daughter," reading off a list of games to see whether or not her "daughter" wanted them. One of the games was Links 2004, which we all know was not reported as a 50% off game yet on our list. So I kindly asked the guy who was working if I could see the list when she was done with it. After that, the lady folded up the list, went into her office, and shut the door. After that, we knew something was up.

We asked to talk to the store manager, and she came over and talked to us. We told the story as it happened, and once we mentioned her folding up the list and closing the door, the woman who did that then came into the conversation and said that what she was looking at was a diagram layout for the video game department, and that they had no list of games that were marked down.

At this point we decided to leave because we were sick of the runaround we were being given by the two stooges. We went to another TRU about 15 minutes away, and decided to truly see if she was talking to her "daughter" about a "store diagram" that coincidentally had Links 2004 on it that he "daughter" wanted held. We asked for Links to be rung up and what do you know, it was half price.

The lady lied to us, pure and simple. And we'll be letting a lot of people know about how we were treated by management at TRU. No wonder the place can't stay in business, they don't want customers buying anything.

Yes, Links 2004 is 14.99. We went to another TRU to get it and see whether or not that lady was telling the truth or not.

[quote name='Mishimaryu']can anybody confirm the prices on these?

Lifeline ps2
Bloody Roar 4 ps2
DOA XBV xbox[/quote]

Lifeline ps2 didn't scan
Bloody Roar 4 ps2 didn't scan
DOA XBV xbox ( regular price no discount )

so today at tru i scored prince of persia (xbox) for $10 and ikaruga (gcn) for $20. i checked last week and noticed they only had one copy left of ikaruga so i made sure to get there right at 9:30 to be sure and score it. success! i'm one happy camper.

[quote name='Nirvanaguy777']i feel dumb I had a chance today too get star wars rogue sqaudron 3 for gamecube and I passed up on it, im still impressed I scored king of fighters 00/01[/quote]

Thanks for passing on it because I just got it from the Brooklyn TRU. I also picked up Jedi Academy, Deus Ex and Warhammer.

The employees just kept asking me if I needed help because I kept scanning those tickets. I think I scanned like 70 of them in the total time I was at TRU. I think they thought that I was trying to steal something, either that or "What the freak is this guy doing?"

But actually they were cool.

Oh and has anyone tried scanning The Sims: Bustin' Out for x-box? I was slightly interested in that one too but didn't ask to have it scanned. Anyone tried?

I just remembered some games that are NOT on the 50% off deal

Mario Party 4
Super Smash Bros.
Megaman Anniversary Collection

Do the strategy guides show up as 1 cent on the price scans?

[quote name='suko_32']I just remembered some games that are NOT on the 50% off deal

Mario Party 4
Super Smash Bros.
Megaman Anniversary Collection

Do the strategy guides show up as 1 cent on the price scans?[/quote]

They should, I think.

[quote name='int80h']Not every store is having this. I went to a second store in Toledo Ohio, and the games came out at 50% off. This was after the first TRU I had been to in the morning didn't have 50% off.[/quote]

Which one didn't have it? Both Monroe & Reynolds worked for me...

XBOX:

BG&E
PoP
MvC2
007 Nightfire

GC:
Ikaruga

PC:

Tron 2.0
Jedi Knight 2
NOLF 2 (can't beat $4!)

here is my overall haul at 3 different Toys R Us Locations

XBOX - Sphinx, Exhibition Vol 2

GC - Super Monkey Ball, LOTOR Two Towers

PS2 - None

GBA - None

PC - Tron 2.0

Thanks OP, yellowaznboy for the list and everyone else for helping out.

I'm about to go to Toys rus in a little bit. I hope I can makeup for not scoring anything during the Circuit City or Best Buy deals.

anyone know what is special about the exhibition vol2 demo disc? didnt it have like a full version of capcom vs.snk on it?

bread's done
Back