OTT 3.0 Upgrade - News, Updates And Progress - Dark Theme & EVERYTHING Else Coming Soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Music, did you get Dragon's Crown? if so, did you buy it for Vita? If so, I will buy it.

I look forward to your reply.

Gotta love those days off when you realize that all the shit you planned to do today can actually be put off until tomorrow, so you decide to watch a ninja movie instead.

There's a good article on slate that makes an implication that more movies now have a clip of scantily clad women, even if it doesn't make sense for the movie.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2013/08/14/movie_trailers_have_mastered_the_youtube_thumbnail.html

Basically the writer argues that such exhibitionist short scenes are perfect exploitation pics that are then used on thumbnails for youtube videos and other movie promotional stuff on the web. Because half naked chicks generate clicks.

In an earlier post they also have a chart showing that Matt Damon and Ben Affleck can't be successful at the same time.

130813_affleckDamonChart.jpg.CROP.original-original.jpg

Scantily clad women always make sense. Would have probably resulted in plot holes if that one chick in the latest Star Trek movie didn't decide she had to change her clothes that exact minute with Captain Kirk in the room.

Scantily clad women always make sense. Would have probably resulted in plot holes if that one chick in the latest Star Trek movie didn't decide she had to change her clothes that exact minute with Captain Kirk in the room.
I think that's the point when I realized it was the chick from She's Out of my League..

I have no idea what I'm really doing in FTL. Should I just make a mad run across all the system, jumping and running to avoid conflict?

Or should I have a slower strategy, exploring more and building up my ship until I'm ready to move on?

It seems like I can get to the 3rd or 4th star system but that's always just by the skin of my teeth. (One crew member alive, shields gone, jump fuel at 1)

I decided to wait it out on the SSD drive where it has stayed at $91 at Amazon since my last post. Thanks for the advice.

Since the Hasbro job did not have health insurance, I decided to give Target another chance trying (keyword: trying) to work things more in my favor (it's been constant hell nevertheless). If I took the position, today would have been my last day.

Ironically, I took today off from work anyway so I wouldn't miss the Rifftrax showing of Starship Troopers tonight. The movie itself was hilarious so I can't wait to see what the former MST3K crew says about it.

Event starts in two hours. :bouncy:

Last edited by a moderator:
I decided to wait it out on the SSD drive where it has stayed at $91 at Amazon since my last post. Thanks for the advice.

Since the Hasbro job did not have health insurance, I decided to give Target another chance trying (keyword: trying) to work things more in my favor (it's been constant hell nevertheless). If I took the position, today would have been my last day.

Ironically, I took today off from work anyway so I wouldn't miss the Rifftrax showing of Starship Troopers tonight. The movie itself was hilarious so I can't wait to see what the former MST3K crew says about it.

Event starts in two hours. :bouncy:
Nice. You gotta let us know how it is. On one hand, I'd love to go, but on the other hand, the previews I saw didn't look too incredible. Although, I imagine any snippet of MST3K wouldn't be hilarious in an of itself.

I was checking my pre-orders on Amazon tonight and I noticed that my order for the PS4/Watch Dogs bundle dropped in price from $460 to $440. So somewhere along the way in the past several weeks amazon had a period where they dropped the price of the bundle $20 and it got reflected in my pre-order.

Nice. You gotta let us know how it is. On one hand, I'd love to go, but on the other hand, the previews I saw didn't look too incredible. Although, I imagine any snippet of MST3K wouldn't be hilarious in an of itself.
It was lots of fun. Before it started, they showed some footage from their riff on "Jack the Giant Killer" and had movie trivia beforehand. For instance, unscramble this movie title: tssreMno tyUivriens. Answer: At least it wasn't Cars 3.

The event took place in a Nashville theater and the stage was decorated with bugs and the military environment from the movie. It was pretty funny; there were plenty of shots at the actors and story ("85% of the script is the word 'MOVE!").The camera went from a fullscreen of the movie to a split screen with the three guys providing commentary - which came in handy during some moments including how they handled the movie's shower scene. There were times where they were talking and the explosions of gunfire and "bug death" were so loud that you couldn't hear what they were saying. They also thanks people who supported their Kickstarter campaign (seemed like most if not all of them appeared in the end credits).

They are going to show it again in September and they announced the next movie to get the Rifftrax treatment in October: George Romero's Night of the Living Dead.

Getting time off from work is still difficult even though the request was approved in the system. I took this time and went to the beach for the first time in a decade. I also plan on watching Kick Ass 2 in a few hours.

It was lots of fun. Before it started, they showed some footage from their riff on "Jack the Giant Killer" and had movie trivia beforehand. For instance, unscramble this movie title: tssreMno tyUivriens. Answer: At least it wasn't Cars 3.

The event took place in a Nashville theater and the stage was decorated with bugs and the military environment from the movie. It was pretty funny; there were plenty of shots at the actors and story ("85% of the script is the word 'MOVE!").The camera went from a fullscreen of the movie to a split screen with the three guys providing commentary - which came in handy during some moments including how they handled the movie's shower scene. There were times where they were talking and the explosions of gunfire and "bug death" were so loud that you couldn't hear what they were saying. They also thanks people who supported their Kickstarter campaign (seemed like most if not all of them appeared in the end credits).

They are going to show it again in September and they announced the next movie to get the Rifftrax treatment in October: George Romero's Night of the Living Dead.

Getting time off from work is still difficult even though the request was approved in the system. I took this time and went to the beach for the first time in a decade. I also plan on watching Kick Ass 2 in a few hours.
Sounds like a good day away from Target.

There's one big interface flaw with Amazon and that's credits. I'm supposed to have $20 in credits. $15 from X-Com and $5 from the Facebook promotion. And to further complicate things, $15 can be used on almost anything. $5 can only be used on digital game's. The one exception in  on the $15 where $10 can't be used on 2k pre-orders.

I go to buy Payday 2 and none of the credits show up. And there's nowhere on the account profile I can find where you can click to see credits. I think you have to go through prime, go to click a movie, and there's a little tab at the bottom of the page to see all credits because you may have movie credits. It also sows games and music credits. But I've found it to be inaccurate.

Casey, how's your experience with the Chromecast been?  I've found a nice short HDMI male to female dongle and I am thinking about either using a velcro dot or (if it gets to hot for that) just cable-tying it another cable (IDK if it would need to be a sheilded one or not) so it wont stick out.

Started playing Lego Pirates of the Carribean. Picked it up for $5 from a PSN sale a month ago. Having only seen two of the movies, there's not much of an emotional connection there.

And perhaps it's not  one of the better Lego games. (Which I usually enjoy. They're mindless, simple entertainment)

Started playing Lego Pirates of the Carribean. Picked it up for $5 from a PSN sale a month ago. Having only seen two of the movies, there's not much of an emotional connection there.

And perhaps it's not one of the better Lego games. (Which I usually enjoy. They're mindless, simple entertainment)

I got it on 360 last fall during a Target B2G1. I found it to be enjoyable and worth a playthrough, Very simple game.

Casey, how's your experience with the Chromecast been? I've found a nice short HDMI male to female dongle and I am thinking about either using a velcro dot or (if it gets to hot for that) just cable-tying it another cable (IDK if it would need to be a sheilded one or not) so it wont stick out.
I have not used it all that much. Watched a couple of breaking bad episodes with it, but have not done too much else.

Been meaning to sync it with my laptop and fuck around with it some more. I would recommend it as long as you get the free netflix.

Dexter has really been limping to the finish line, but I thought last night's episode was the best one so far this season. Hopefully it finishes strong.

I finished up Army of Two last week. It was a decent game solo, though I'm sure it's more fun with a human partner. I'm not that great at shooters, so I only beat it on Medium. The extra 50 GS from beating it on hard would be nice, but I know some parts would get aggravating and I've got a ton of other games I want to get to.

I started up AC: Brotherhood over the weekend. So far it's been a lot of cutscenes, but they're done really well and the music is awesome.

I'll probably do a couple more levels on Lego Pirates and then move on. Try out the third and fourth movie that I never saw. See how the story translates.

Lego LOTR I really liked and almost did a full second playthrough to get a Platinum on. But after missing one or two items and realizing I'd have to play a level a -3rd- tme, I decded to move on.

Is it just me or has Sony just hit another press conference out of the park?

Release date Nov 15
Vita price drop.
Announced Twitch TV
Great line up of indie exclusives
New discount/upgrade program for digital purchases on the PS3 to 4.
(Now I see why Ea made that big announcement about transferring BF4 stats.)

I hardly play on my PS3. Mostly watch movies. But I am really excited 4 the quad.

Morning.

Was hoping for a bigger vita price drop, especially after readng about all those steals from Amazon Warehouse lately.

Maybe come Black Friday it will go down to $150 or so.

I'm hoping PS3 will get around that price, too.

I've been lost since mine broke.  I was planning on making my friend an offer on his because he's only used it a few times in the past few years, and it just sits there in his basement, but he said that his wife might kill him because she spent a lot of coin to buy him that and a ton of accessories.

I think 150 is my price point too.  I still pick up my PSP from time to time, and I have a 3DS that gets used rarely...I think Im good, for now.

I really like using the PSP Go. It's nice having everything be digital, and I've easily got 5-10 games + saves on there with plenty of room still.

Would just like the bigger screen and sturdier construction of the VITA.

I just searched gamescon 2013 on Youtube and below is the first result that comes back. It made me laugh so hard. This guy takes this shit way too serious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0zt8S_V7T8

"Microsoft Herpes"

also, "It's a little morbid, but fucking awesome."

And he drops the f word more times in ten minutes than the entire movie of Scarface.

Richie Sambora leaving Bon Jovi is kind of crazy.

Also I don't get the Ben Affleck hate. We are talking about a rich dude who fucked a lot of hot chicks but had much more inside of him regarding talent. Until The Town came out people thought he was a fucking idiot who just stuck his name on Good Will Hunting. If anyone can relate to the dual aspects of Batman, it is him.

Also I don't get the Ben Affleck hate. We are talking about a rich dude who fucked a lot of hot chicks but had much more inside of him regarding talent. Until The Town came out people thought he was a fucking idiot who just stuck his name on Good Will Hunting. If anyone can relate to the dual aspects of Batman, it is him.
Where's the "fuckin' Hate This" button on CAG 3.0?

I remember when the same things were being said about Heath Ledger being the Joker. I'll wait until at least the first trailer to see how it turns out.

Ben Affleck was the bomb in phantoms yo!

I remember when the same things were being said about Heath Ledger being the Joker. I'll wait until at least the first trailer to see how it turns out.

Ben Affleck was the bomb in phantoms yo!
I agree. I'll wait for the coming months to see. Just looking at pictures I can picture him as Bruce Wayne more than I can Christian Bale. But it's his voice and overall sense of non-seriousness.....maybe if he growls when he talks....He's definitely going to have to hit the gym.

I agree. I'll wait for the coming months to see. Just looking at pictures I can picture him as Bruce Wayne more than I can Christian Bale. But it's his voice and overall sense of non-seriousness.....maybe if he growls when he talks....He's definitely going to have to hit the gym.
He was serious in The Town and Argo.He held shit down in The Town.

I actually really don't care.

I think people are idiots for thinking he's replacing Patrick Bateman though. That trilogy is over and done with.

We would need a new Batman for this movie to make sense, since he retired in the last film.

Plus it's Superman vs. Batman. It's such a stupid, summer movie cash-in, I couldn't give a shit less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back