PC Game INSANITY at Circuit City

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCDenton

Banned
I know someone else already posted about getting PREY cheap, but there needs to be a thread to tally up all of the discounted prices because there are some ridiculous deals I just found and it will take a combined effort to scan all of Circuit City's games. Anyways, I have just purchased:

-----------
edit: Thank you to pcktlnt for making this list alphabetized and coding it for starforce.

[quote name='pcktlnt']To help out my fellow caggers, here is a compiled list of the games that have been listed throughout the entire forum. Do not hate on me if some of the prices may be off, I just copied/pasted. Good luck finding the games. Please, please please please please put the game title and price when you guys list. This way it would help out a lot. ^__^

Last Update: February 14, 2008, 5:45 pm
Added:
A few questions were arising that I thought everyone knew. But I will help clarify here just in case.
  • All prices listed below are 50% off. That means, what you see listed below should be what you pay for that game.
  • NEVER believe the sticker price on Circuit City games. If you feel doubtful have the employee/cashier PRICE CHECK the game.
  • Your mileage may vary (YMMV). For example, we know that Sam & Max price checks for 24.99, but a fellow CAG was able to find one that had a sticker price of 19.99, so he/she was able to pick it up for 10.00. Same with someone else and a Deluxe version of Battlefield. Use your best judgment in obtaining a game not on this list.
  • If you do purchase a game, please list the game and price. This way, the list can be updated.
  • Good luck fellow CAGs.
Thank you fellow CAGs for posting your game finds and prices.

Added:
- Adventures in Odyssey 2 pack (big box)
- Curious George Educational Title
- Multi- title educational software with Magic School Bus and Roller Typing
- Race 07
- Classic Game Collection

This color = Previous sale
This color = New ones reported this sale
This color = games with Starforce

18 Wheels of Steel: Haulin - $0.42
2006 FIFA World Cup - $4.66
Act of War: High Treason - $2.33
Adventures in Odyssey 2 pack (big box) - $7.50
Age of Empires II Gold Edition (inclues Conquerors expansion) - $10.00
Age of Mythology: Gold Edition - $10.00
Age of Pirates: Caribbean Tales - $1.00 Europe only?
Alexander: Heroes of Conquest - $2.50
Alien Shooter Vengeance - $2.19
American Conquest Anthology (American Conquest, Fight Back, Divided Nation) for $3.50
American Farmer Deluxe / American Builder Deluxe Combo - $2
Ankh - $2.00
Armed & Dangerous - $2.50
Battlefield 2: Booster Pack Collection - $3.50
Battlefield 2: Deluxe Edition - $4.66
Battlefield 2: Special Forces - $4.66
Battlefield 1942 (Complete Collection) - $3.50
Battlefield 2142 - $10.00
Beowulf - $10.00
Black & White 2 - Battle of the Gods - $3.00
Blazing Angels 2 - $7.50
Brothers in Arms: Earned in Blood - $8.00
Buccaneer's Bounty - $2.50
Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth - $6.48 Russia version only?
Call of Duty 2 - Game of the Year - $10.00
Call of Juarez - $5.00
City of Heroes: Combined (This has both Heroes and Villians in one package) - $10.00
City of Villians Time Card - $8.98
Classic Game Collection (Monopoly, Clue, Life, and Scrabble) - $10.00
Combat Mission Anthology - $7.50
Command & Conquer Collection - $10
Command & Conquer Generals Deluxe - $10
Company of Heroes (Not the Game of the Year Edition) - $10.00
Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts - $10.00
Counter-Strike: Source - $10.00
Crashday - $7.50
Crazy Machines: The Wacky Contraptions Game - $7.50
Culpa Innata - $10.00
Curious George Educational Title - $7.50
Dark Messiah of Might and Magic - $5.48
Dark Messiah of Might and Magic (Collectors Edition) - $4.12
Darkstar One - $5.00
Darwinia - $1.29 or $1.40
DEFCON - $8.50
Desperate Housewives - $4.00
Deus Ex: Invisible War - $0.25
Diablo II - $10.00
Diablo II: Lord of Destruction - $10.00
Diner Dash - $2.50
Diner Dash (Metal Tin) - $5.00
DIRT (racing one) - $8.50
DIRT - Origin of the Species - $6.90
DNA - $2.19
Doom 3 - $10.00
Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil expansion pack - $3.03
Dream Chronicles - $7.50
Driver: Parallel Lines - $6.98
Dungeon Siege II - $8.98
Dynasty League Baseball - $7.50
EA Strategy Collection - $2.74
El Matador - $10
Elder Scrolls: Shivering Isles - $7.50
Elf Super Bowling Collection (This was the title I found on Gamespot) - $3.98
Eragon - $1.41 or $1.94...sorry I forgot when I asked too many at a time. ^__^
Fable: The Lost Chapters - $8.00
Faces of War - $4.66
Fate - $9.98
FEAR - $4.66
FEAR: Extraction Point - $3.29
FEAR: Perseus Mandate $10.00
Flatout 2 - $7.50 Europe only?
Flight Simulator 2004 - $10.00
Freedom Force - $3.01
Freelancer - $5.00
Galactic Civilizations II: Dread Lords - $5.00
Galactic Civilization: Ultimate Edition - $2.50 (jewel case bargain title)
Ghost Hunter (Hidden Object Game) - 10$
Ghost Recon Advance Warfighter - $7.50
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 (GRAW 2) - $10
Godfather - $7.50
Gothic 3 - $3.00 Confirmed at $3.00
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - $9.00 or $10.00 (2nd edition)
GTR: Game of the Year Edition - $2.50
GTR 2 - $2.00
GTR 2: Game of the Year Edition - $7.50 or $10.00
GTR FIA Racing - $2.50
Guild Wars Nightfall (Collector's Edition) - $9.48
Half-Life 2: Episode One - $3.50
Halo - $10.00
Hard Truck: 18 Wheels of Steel - $1.50
Heroes of Might and Magic V - $7.50
Jericho - $8.50
IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946 - $10.00
It's the Big Game, Charlie Brown - $6.00
King's Quest Collection - $7.50 (7 games)
Land of the Dead: Road to Fiddler's Green - $5.00
Left Behind: Eternal Forces - $3-4
Legos Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy - $10.00
Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth - $5.00
Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth 2 - $3.50 or $5.00
Lord of the Rings, The Battle for Middle-earth II, The Rise of the Witch-King - $2.30
Maelstrom - $4.60
Magic Match - $4.66
Marine Sharpshooter 3 - $10.00
Medal of Honor Allied Assault - $3.00 (Jewel case?)
Micro Machines V4 - $4.33
Myst IV: Revelation, Limited Edition - $7.50
Need for Speed Carbon - $1.87
Need for Speed Most Wanted - $5.00
Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer - $10.00
Oasis - $2.50
Overlord - $8.50
Paradise - $8.00
pcktlnt - $0.00 (Not a game)
Penumbra: Overture - $8.00
Perimeter - $2.33
Perimeter:Emperer's Testament - $4.66
Phantasy Star Universe - $4.xx
Plantasia - $4.33
Police Quest - $4.xx (Is this the collection one as well?)
Police Quest Collection - $7.50 (YMMV)
Prey - $5.50 or $6.50
Prey Limited Edition (The big metal tin) - $8.00
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time - $3.50 (online)
Prison Tycoon 3: Lockdown - $10.00
Puzzle Quest - $10
Quake 4 - $10
Race 07 - $7.50
Rag Doll Kung Fu - $5
Rainbow Six Vegas - $10.00
Rayman 10th Anniversary Collection - $8.99 or $4.50 (online)
Rayman 3 Pack - $4.50
Rayman Raving Rabbids - $8.00
Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 - $8.00
Resident Evil 4 - $10.00
Rise & Fall: Civilizations at War - $9.00
Rise of Nations - $2.50 (jewel case bargain title)
Rise of Nations: Gold Edition - $10.00
Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends $9.00
RollerCoaster Tycoon 2: Triple Thrill Pack - $10.00
Rush for Berlin - $8.99
Scratches: New Director's Cut Edition - $7.50
Shadowgrounds - $3.58
Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened - $9.98
Sid Meier's Railroads! - $3.56 or $4.12
Silent Hunter - $8.00
Sim City 4: Deluxe Edition - $9.98
Silverfall - $8.98 or $10.00
SiN Episodes - $5.00 or $6.99 (online)
Soliders: Heroes of World War II - $1.00
Space Quest - $4.xx (which version is this?)
SpellForce 2: Shadow Wars - $4.66 Europe version
Splinter Cell Double Agent - $3.75
STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl - $10.00
StarCraft Battle Chest - $10.00
Star Trek: Legacy - $4.60
Star Wars Empire at War (Not Collection one) - $8.00 or $6.98
Star Wars Empire at War: Forces of Corruption (Expansion) - $9.00
Star Wars Galaxies: The Complete Online Adventure - $2.59
Stubbs the Zombie in Rebel Without a Pulse - $4.98 or $5.48 (online)
Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance - $10.00
Sweet Tooth (Bejewelled clone) - $3.50
Sword of the Stars - $8.50
Syberia Saga Limited Edition - $2.35
The Chosen: Well of Souls - $8.50
The Guild 2 - $4.11
The Movies - $4.66
The Movies: Stunts & Effects Expansion - $9.98
The Punisher - $1.90
The Ship - $2.35
The Sims 2: Family Fun Stuff - $5.00 (online)
Titan Quest - $5.00 (YMMV) - $7.50
Titan Quest: Immortal Throne - $10.00
TMNT - $7.50 (Scanned too many at once so not sure) or $10 (CD version)
Tomb Raider Legend - $8.00
Tony Hawk's Underground 2 - $4.00 (online)
Trainz Railwayz - $10.00
UFO: Aftermath/Aftershock Double Pack - $8.98
Wizard's War Chest [Contains Evil Islands, Etherlords, & Etherlords II] $5.00
World of Warcraft - $10.00
X-COM: UFO Game Double Pack - $8.98

Unknown titles: Not sure where to place these, so they go here. ^__^
- Multi- title educational software with Magic School Bus and Roller Typing $9.99
- 10 pack of games for $2.14 (Can you give the title? lol)[/QUOTE]

Well I made a trip to the local CC today. I picked up the following:

Call of Juarez($4)
Desperate Housewives ($4)
Seriously, I bought it. I've never watched the show but c'mon...... $4!!!!!!!
Sam and Max:Season 1($10)

I am completely stoked about Sam and Max. I've heard nothing but great things about that game.

[quote name='evophile']Haha good one.

I was just wondering if that was a first run only limited kind of thing.

I can't find a pic, but its the exact same cover art with a little dark red circle sticker that says "Bonus PC DVD inside".[/quote]
the one I bought(pictures on page 6) includes the bonus DVD. I don't know what's on it though. Probably commentary and crap.
3rd run to CC:

Darwinia, for $1 I couldn't resist.

Sid R. Railroads-$4.xx. Thought it could be interesting.

Puzzle Quest- $10. Wanted to play this game for a long time.

I'm going to go back and pick up FEAR.. I just can't resist it. Does anyone know the price for FEAR the standalone game?

*sigh*
I really want to go back and just pick up the rest of their $6 and under games, but I've run out of money... :/

[quote name='ITDEFX']Seriously did anyone get some strange looks from employees/customers when your hands were full of games?[/QUOTE]

Oh we all did. :)

[quote name='Noodle Pirate!']The crappy CC I went to today, I had to bring them up to the register and asked for a price check, the girl said with a suspicious tone in her voice, wow these are cheap. (like I was trying to pull a fast one). This CC always hassles you when you try to get a price match or return something with a receipt ,which is why I hate it.[/QUOTE]

I love when they get suspicious like we're actively hacking into their system as we stand there and then as soon as we walk away the prices will all go up.

[quote name='cgarb84']Well I made a trip to the local CC today. I picked up the following:

Desperate Housewives ($4)[/QUOTE]

No, you fail. Please leave now and pass over your nerd/man card to the bouncer at the door on your way out. :)

Went to my CC today. The employees were like, why do you need a price check on all these games, the price is right there. If I say that the price is incorrect and it is cheaper than stickered, will you give it to me for free? They laughed and one stated they would but didn't want to get in trouble. *drats* (20+ games for them to scan, majority were 24.99)

Anyway, thanks to the people who posted, I picked a few games I actually want to play.

Prey (Limited Edition) = $8.00
Spell Force 2 = $4.xx
Overlord = $8.50
Shadow Grounds =$3.xx
Fable = $8.00

Really wanted the GW Nightfall CE one though. Damn...forgot to hit another CC nearby.

Probably going to return Prey. But I doubt it. Going to return my copy of Stranglehold to Target to offset these costs. I don't think I'll ever play that game. Great more backlog.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Seriously did anyone get some strange looks from employees/customers when your hands were full of games?[/quote]

Surpirsingly, no I didn't. The lady that helped me out all 3 times was really nice but other customers were looking at me like I was carrying a baby turtle around with me.

[quote name='mrfreeziexp']I'm going to go back and pick up FEAR.. I just can't resist it. Does anyone know the price for FEAR the standalone game?[/QUOTE]
I only saw FEAR Gold and Platinum, no standalone, both were over $20. CC.com lists the regular version at $50 but if you can find it in-store it's probably worth a scan.

[quote name='maiku']I only saw FEAR Gold and Platinum, no standalone, both were over $20. CC.com lists the regular version at $50 but if you can find it in-store it's probably worth a scan.[/quote]

Ok thanks. anyone scanned FEAR?

So I didn't want to take a risk trying for games tomorrow to come to find out they no longer offer clearance prices...made a run and picked up:

2 copies of STALKER - $20
Prey - $5.50
Enemy Territory: Quake Wars - $16.50

$46.00 out the door

Battlefield 2142 kept ringing up for $29.99 which struck me as strange considering other games I price checked were as advertised via this thread.

I was disappointed not to find "The Ship", but even more so not to find "Stubbs the Zombie" :( :(

I had no idea Sam and Max season 1 was $10!

Anyone pickup Viva Pinata? They had it for $15.00.

Thanks to the OP and the rest of you for finding these deals!

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']So I didn't want to take a risk trying for games tomorrow to come to find out they no longer offer clearance prices...made a run and picked up:

2 copies of STALKER - $20
Prey - $5.50
Enemy Territory: Quake Wars - $16.50

$46.00 out the door

Battlefield 2142 kept ringing up for $29.99 which struck me as strange considering other games I price checked were as advertised via this thread.

I was disappointed not to find "The Ship", but even more so not to find "Stubbs the Zombie" :( :(

I had no idea Sam and Max season 1 was $10!

Anyone pickup Viva Pinata? They had it for $15.00.

Thanks to the OP and the rest of you for finding these deals![/quote]
you probably had the platinum edition, i accidentally picked it up at first. they look nearly IDENTICAL.

Except for the words platinum edition which are like in 3 font.

you should go back and look for the normal one.

:D

If anyone could pick up titan quest let me know. I bought the expansion (knowningly) but now I just need the actual game.

[quote name='Serik']Enemy Territory was that cheap!

Whoa![/quote]

Just until tonight. I PM'd it from Best Buy and considering CC has a 110% PM policy, I got it for $16.50

Went for Counterstrike: Source, came out with that, The Ship, and Darwinia. Almost picked up Heroes of Might and Magic V and Prey Collector's Edition, but decided against it. I've bought too many games to ever finish over the last 2 months, and I still have SSB:B and Twisted Metal: Head On coming up in the near future.

Went back to the first one that seemed to have so much potential. It looked a bit picked over from when I was there yesterday. Could only find out of the games I was interested in:

Fear extraction point 3.29
Xcom UFO game double pack (UFO Aftermath/UFO Aftershock)8.98

Wish I had paid more attention to the list and I would have gotten Sam and Max (Thought I saw it on a list that said it wasn't marked down). Been a huge fan of the comic since I was little and the lucas arts game is one of my all time favorites. The cheapass in me was waiting for a price drop and now I have just missed it lol.

Didn't find any Overlord or The Ship. Those are 2 games I would have bought had I seen them.

All in all, I would say I am incredibly happy with my result and it's nice to finally get in on a sale that hasn't already been picked clean by ebayers. I guess the resale value just wasn't worth it for them :p
The fact that pc games always have a huge price drop/low resale value will always put my pc gaming ahead of my console gaming in my

A few additions to the OP list:

Diablo II $10 (original game, different from Diablo II LOD expansion pack)
Flight Simulator 2004 $10 (might actually run on my PC)
StarCraft Battle Chest $10
Soliders: Heroes of World War II $1!

I've never heard of Soldiers, but it's at 78 on Gamerankings so I suspect it's worth a buck...

Battlefield 2 Deluxe at $4.66 is nearly criminal; unfortunately, I couldn't find the booster packs, which is what I really wanted.

Why are so many people asking if this sale will continue? Are there really that many people that don't know how sales listed in WEEKLY circulars work?

I wasn't going to venture out tonight, but my inner hoarder said "Go for it!" For $54 + tax, I made off with the following bag-o-crap:

Armed & Dangerous
Darwinia
Guild Wars: Nightfall CE
Guild Wars: Nightfall "Presell Bonus Pack" (LOL! Worth the $1.41, I suppose)
Dark Messiah LE
CounterStrike Source
Call of Juarez
Prey LCE
Rainbow Six: Vegas

Not f-ing bad! Thanks OP and fellow deal braggarts. You provided the inspiration! I expected empty shelves, but ended up quite pleased.

Heres my deal hunt today, its funny cuz ive looked for GW Nightfall for months and the one i went to today was the first game i found while i was there. Im kind of dissappointed that i didnt grab the Dark Messiah LE as i didnt know it was the same price. But im still pleased with my haul.

Armed and Dangerous - $2.50
Dark Messiah - 5.48
Darwinia - 1.29
Guild Wars Nightfall CE - $9.48
LOTR BFME 2 - $3.50
LOTR BFME Rise of With King - $2.30
Maelstrom - $4.60
Rise of Nations - $10.00
Sim City 4 - $10.00
Stalker - $10.00

Total $59.15

DSC_0193.JPG

just got back...
Overlord 850
Movies 4.66
Titan Quest EXP 10.00
DNA 2.19
Had two copies of DNA, both were opened, still sealed at the top but u could open them. I dont know if u need a key or anything, but for 2.19 i got it.

why was dark messiah Might and Magic 27.99 at my Circuit city when i had it scanned, are their 2 versions, pleas answer this anyone

[quote name='Poor2More']nope was 27$[/quote]

It might have just been that particular CC. As I mentioned earlier, the copy of Battlefield 2142 I had kept ringing up as $29.99 even though others have gotten it for $10. Also it was not the platinum version, but the regular.

Yea the store should be able to set the price higher on certain things I guess but it really wouldn't make sense that they would. Then again it's CC so who knows.

You guys who had some nice finds tonight are making me wish I'd gone out hunting again but oh well too late now so no sense in worrying over it. :)

Sam & Max Season 1 was marked at $25, so I didn't even try it. Dammit!

I did go back and get The Ship and Darwinia for $3.77 total, though. They had Battlefield 1942 collection and EA Strategy Collection, as well as the orange Command & Conquer collection but I didn't pick them up. Oops.

Seems at the two stores I checked out Tomb Raider: Anniversary came up as $24.99 so it was 5 off the sticker. :( Waiting badly for target to clear this game out as they cleared TR:L around this time last year.

:wall: Argh I didn't know VP was 15 bucks!

I wanted Sim City 4 but couldn't find it. Found lots of SIMS 2 add on's though. Did anyone check those to see if they were under 10 bucks. If that was the case I would have been up to date with my sims 2 expansions minus any recent ones.

both BF2 and BF2142 are good but there loading times are a pain. BF2 really, and I am really pisses me off with it's extremely long loading times.

[quote name='Burchamj']
Had two copies of DNA, both were opened, still sealed at the top but u could open them. I dont know if u need a key or anything, but for 2.19 i got it.[/QUOTE]

I have noticed that a lot lately with CC. Games looks suspiciously tampered with or re-shrink wrapped. MY DNA and ROL were opened but the MS seal was intact and the employee insists that it was unopened, yet the shrink wrap/factory seal was gone and you can still pop open the case and grab the discs (with some effort). That's not cool.

I took the ad to bestbuy. Counterstrike Source rang up as 19.99 but the manager marked it down to $9.99 first since it had a sticker on it :)

From Bestbuy

$5 - BattleField 2
$5 - Counterstrike Source
$5 - Half Life 2 Episode 1
$10 - Quake Wars Enemy Territory

From Circuit City

$2.30 Battle for Middle Earth II
$3.50 Battle for Middle Earth II - Witch King
$4.66 Battlefield 2 Special Forces
$9.48 Guild Wars Nightfall CE

Bestbuy has Sam & Max and Company of Heroes Collectors Edition or GOTY for $19.99 each. Guess you can price match those as well.

[quote name='rydude87']If i go tonight...will they still have this sale thing?[/quote]

Yes tonight is the last day. Unless they screw up and it still works tomorrow.

YMMV but many of the prices i encountered at 2 circuit city stores in so-cal are lower than the prices listed in the origional post.

Today i got Dark Messiah limited edition for less than 5 bucks.

Also found Final Fantasy V(GBA) for 9.70 after tax. Their website lists the game as being out of stock everywhere, but a few stores might still have a hidden copy stashed in one of their discount bins.

GL and happy hunting.

[quote name='p00ndawg']:cry:

lucky!

your CC had all the good games.[/QUOTE]

Thanks...which one to crack open first....maybe Guild Wars:NF CE :p

[quote name='ITDEFX']Thanks...which one to crack open first....maybe Guild Wars:NF CE :p[/quote]

haha, damn dude, I went looking EVERYWHERE for that guild wars deal, seriously.

I even had employees scan all 4 or 5 of the games that were out.

Such is life.

Hey if anyone has an extra or doesnt want lotr 2 and the expansion I'll definitely buy off of them.

All I got today was
STALKER(10)
Darwinia (1.34)
Act of War Expansion High Treason (2.33)

bill123

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back