Playstation Rewards program is back!

I just got my package. The cut is not as deep on the Jax & Daxter game as it was on GT5 that I got the other day. My flashlight on the screwdriver/flashlight didn't work at first but is working now after slowly getting brighter. It wouldn't surprise me if it stops working again though & I can't find a way to replace the battery if it does either. The USB car charger seems nice.

Just got my stuff. The game has just about the same scratch, but not quite as deep. The flashlight/screwdriver is pretty neat and the car charger is well, a car charger. I don't understand why they'd give us these things though, especially with GT5 branding. Oh hey, I'm gonna play Gran Turismo 5 XL and then go screw some stuff with my GT5 branded screwdriver/flashlight! How convenient!

Tracking info from Fedex estimates I should have the games Wed and Thursday.

I can see why the car charger, as GT5 = cars, so it is car related gift. But last month had better (more useful) swag being the bookends and the LBP plush.

Got my GT5XL this afternoon. Already had GT5 though, so promptly drove to Walmart and exchanged it for Twisted Metal (because fuck Walmart, and Jaffe's the man).

$20 for TM makes for a swell day.

[quote name='GuyManDude']Got my GT5XL this afternoon. Already had GT5 though, so promptly drove to Walmart and exchanged it for Twisted Metal (because fuck Walmart, and Jaffe's the man).

$20 for TM makes for a swell day.[/QUOTE]

You can exchange the game at Walmart and get $40 towards another game?

[quote name='Patriotsman12']You can exchange the game at Walmart and get $40 towards another game?[/QUOTE]

You sure can. Their exchange policy doesn't require a receipt. The UPC just has to match the one that they're selling (many games with retailer-specific bonuses have unique UPCs).

just received mine as well, everything looks great. the slash thru the barcode was expected but who can complain? looking forward to MLB12 all the more, though.

Estimated delivery for J&D shows today, but based on the tracking there is no way that I'm getting it today. It hasn't even been picked up by Fedex yet.

[quote name='GuyManDude']Got my GT5XL this afternoon. Already had GT5 though, so promptly drove to Walmart and exchanged it for Twisted Metal (because fuck Walmart, and Jaffe's the man).

$20 for TM makes for a swell day.[/QUOTE]

I find it hard to believe no one asked/cared about the slashed barcode...

[quote name='admiralvic']I find it hard to believe no one asked/cared about the slashed barcode...[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing he traded in his own copy of GT5 and kept the GT5 XL from Playstation Rewards.

[quote name='MrPiggles']I'm guessing he traded in his own copy of GT5 and kept the GT5 XL from Playstation Rewards.[/QUOTE]

Highly unlikely. You cannot get $40 trade in for GT5.

[quote name='admiralvic']I find it hard to believe no one asked/cared about the slashed barcode...[/QUOTE]

There was a light cut on the plastic, but the bar code underneath wasn't damaged at all. Lady didn't care either way.

[quote name='GuyManDude']There was a light cut on the plastic, but the bar code underneath wasn't damaged at all. Lady didn't care either way.[/QUOTE]

Dude, I call bullshit, but I don't really care either way. I just don't see anybody ignoring the slash through the bar code. They are pretty apparent.

[quote name='SgtRamirez']Dude, I call bullshit, but I don't really care either way. I just don't see anybody ignoring the slash through the bar code. They are pretty apparent.[/QUOTE]

I needed a new cutting block for my electric shaver. The usual stores that I go to no longer carried the one for my older model. I stopped at Walmart and they had exactly one. It's package had obviously been ripped open and taped back together. The item inside was covered in some guy's hair. He obviously decided he needed a new one, bought one at Walmart, switched them, and returned it. Not only did someone accept the return but some other idiot put it on a shelf where it probably sat for months considering no other stores had any in stock. Many Walmart employees are not very smart and very few seem to give a shit about their job. I have no trouble believing him.

That said, just because a store's policy doesn't require a receipt doesn't mean you should just return anything you feel like no matter where it came from. I hope people that do that never complain about a store not upholding their end of the agreement when it comes to policy or being fair to the consumer.

[quote name='louiedog']I needed a new cutting block for my electric shaver. The usual stores that I go to no longer carried the one for my older model. I stopped at Walmart and they had exactly one. It's package had obviously been ripped open and taped back together. The item inside was covered in some guy's hair. He obviously decided he needed a new one, bought one at Walmart, switched them, and returned it. Not only did someone accept the return but some other idiot put it on a shelf where it probably sat for months considering no other stores had any in stock. Many Walmart employees are not very smart and very few seem to give a shit about their job. I have no trouble believing him.

That said, just because a store's policy doesn't require a receipt doesn't mean you should just return anything you feel like no matter where it came from. I hope people that do that never complain about a store not upholding their end of the agreement when it comes to policy or being fair to the consumer.[/QUOTE]

This. Heck, there were people on my floor freshman year of college (6 years ago) who would buy Nerf guns, play with them for 3 months, then bring em' back and say they didn't work. Got their money back every time. Granted, I would never advocate anything like that, just reiterating louie's point. I was in shock when they told me they did this over and over. I'd feel massive guilt if I did something like that on a regular basis.

This is the first time I've swapped a game like that before though, and I have no plans of making a habit of it. Truth be told the Jak Collection is the first game I'm keeping so far. Bought LBP 2, Infamous 2, Ratchet & Clank, and GT5 before we won them, and I couldn't play the Move games since I didn't have Move (Missed the MLB 11/Motorstorm month). I sold the non-Move games to friends for cheap and the Move stuff on Craigslist. I had planned to buy both the Jak Collection and MLB 12 though, so that's pretty awesome.

And for the record, I own 28 PS3 exclusives, all of which I bought new and 20 of them I bought launch week. I support my devs.

I'll shut up about it now.

Well, off the topic of Wal-Mart shenanigans, it's looking like GT5XL will arrive for me today. I'm gonna watch some videos to get myself hyped...I honestly don't know a whole lot about it...I've just wanted a racing game for a long time so I'm excited. How much room does it take up on the hard drive again? DC Universe is taking up a ton of space, I may have to delete it... >.>

[quote name='hk1200']Well, off the topic of Wal-Mart shenanigans, it's looking like GT5XL will arrive for me today. I'm gonna watch some videos to get myself hyped...I honestly don't know a whole lot about it...I've just wanted a racing game for a long time so I'm excited. How much room does it take up on the hard drive again? DC Universe is taking up a ton of space, I may have to delete it... >.>[/QUOTE]

Box says 2200 MB. DCUO took up most of my 80 GB HDD too. I just bought a 320 GB drive for $60 to replace it. B/U & restore went pretty smooth actually.

[quote name='SnQQpDon69er']Box says 2200 MB. DCUO took up most of my 80 GB HDD too. I just bought a 320 GB drive for $60 to replace it. B/U & restore went pretty smooth actually.[/QUOTE]

I may end up investing in a better HDD then. I only have a 40, and DCUO takes up close to 30 GB, if not more...I think I have 5000 MB or so available at present so it'll be close.

[quote name='hk1200']I may end up investing in a better HDD then. I only have a 40, and DCUO takes up close to 30 GB, if not more...I think I have 5000 MB or so available at present so it'll be close.[/QUOTE]

Do it, upgrading an PS3s HDD is extremely cheap and simple.

Got Jak & Daxter HD collection yesterday along with the USB car charger and flashlight/screwdriver with changeable bits.
DSCF3362.jpg

Okay this is kinda odd......Okay basically i signed up for this around the time it started but forgot about it. Last month i logged in and decided that this site wasnt for me. Last night i got an email from fedex saying that HOUSE PARTY FULFILLMENT CTR was sending me something, and unfortunately i moved recently and they shipped it to my old address. I am assuming i cant get them to forward it, but is there anyway someone can tell me what i would be getting?

[quote name='macontosh2000']Okay this is kinda odd......Okay basically i signed up for this around the time it started but forgot about it. Last month i logged in and decided that this site wasnt for me. Last night i got an email from fedex saying that HOUSE PARTY FULFILLMENT CTR was sending me something, and unfortunately i moved recently and they shipped it to my old address. I am assuming i cant get them to forward it, but is there anyway someone can tell me what i would be getting?[/QUOTE]

0 – 331 points: PlayStation® USB car charger

FedEx just dropped off my game (GT5). Gash is only in the plastic and the barcode is untouched. No big deal, I plan on keeping it anyhow.

Altxia5CQAAXyV7.jpg

[quote name='hk1200']Well, off the topic of Wal-Mart shenanigans, it's looking like GT5XL will arrive for me today. I'm gonna watch some videos to get myself hyped...I honestly don't know a whole lot about it...I've just wanted a racing game for a long time so I'm excited. How much room does it take up on the hard drive again? DC Universe is taking up a ton of space, I may have to delete it... >.>[/QUOTE]

The large install is 6.4GB, and after playing the various tracks and whatnot it expands to 10GB. With patches my GT5 game data is 12GB.

If I remember correctly, the small patch just saves you from having to wait 45 minutes right away. I think the game still unpacks all the data eventually, but I don't know for sure (since I didn't do the small install option). And since version 2.00 is on the disc, that'll probably save you some space as well.

[quote name='hk1200']FedEx just dropped off my game (GT5). Gash is only in the plastic and the barcode is untouched. No big deal, I plan on keeping it anyhow.

Altxia5CQAAXyV7.jpg
[/QUOTE]

nice - mine is on the FedEx truck out for delivery. And I get January's stuff delivered tomorrow.

[quote name='GuyManDude']The large install is 6.4GB, and after playing the various tracks and whatnot it expands to 10GB. With patches my GT5 game data is 12GB.

If I remember correctly, the small patch just saves you from having to wait 45 minutes right away. I think the game still unpacks all the data eventually, but I don't know for sure (since I didn't do the small install option). And since version 2.00 is on the disc, that'll probably save you some space as well.[/QUOTE]

Ah, 12 gb is a heft sum...I just decided to delete DCUO until I get a bigger HDD. I'd love to keep it but I've already sacrificed deleting Wipeout HD and inFAMOUS for it...

I've played a bit already, and the load times aren't terrible but on the bigger tracks I was waiting around 45 seconds so I'm installing it now. When I rejected the 8gb install, it was showing "Installing..." in the bottom right every time I'd select something so I guess if you don't install the additional data, it streams it into a cache while you're using it.

Since I don't have DCUO on my HDD, 12gb isn't too bad, so I'm not too bothered about installing it.

The game is really fun though. I've just gotta get the actual racing mechanics down. I was never too good at Forza so I'm not surprised that I'm not the best at this game. Turns are kind of a problem for me but I've won a Beginner's Race and got the B-Class license! hahaha

517974465-6fec21a5276640ae3cebf213b2180df6.4f3c15c8-full.jpg

January's Prizes. Awesome, they are GT5 themed.

[quote name='macontosh2000']Okay this is kinda odd......Okay basically i signed up for this around the time it started but forgot about it. Last month i logged in and decided that this site wasnt for me. Last night i got an email from fedex saying that HOUSE PARTY FULFILLMENT CTR was sending me something, and unfortunately i moved recently and they shipped it to my old address. I am assuming i cant get them to forward it, but is there anyway someone can tell me what i would be getting?[/QUOTE]

You should have gotten an award email detailing what prizes you qualified to receive.

If you live in the same area, you may try having them hold it at their distro center for pick-up. You will need the tracking number. Otherwise, they will just leave it on the door step of your old address.

I suggest changing your mailing info on house party so that you receive proper delivery for this month.

just got my january stuff in the mail, the "kit" is actually a gt5 screwdriver kit, and the usb charger works with any usb device and is gt5 themed...

well off to play jak and daxter

[quote name='Devil May Cry']Do it, upgrading an PS3s HDD is extremely cheap and simple.[/QUOTE]

It truly is. I think I posted my story on this thread. I paid $69.99 for a 750GB External HDD. Took out my original HDD, and installed the new one. After backing up/restoring my data; it took roughly 4 hours to complete. My original HDD was almost full at the time. Great investment if you ask me. If only Xbox followed suit, and did the same thing.

I received GT5XL. I'll have to get to that one eventually. Not a huge fan of the series, but hey free is free.

Last edited by a moderator:
sweet got gt5xl today.
quick question the dlc code, If i apply it to one account is that the only account that has the extras, or do all my accounts on my ps3 get to use the dlc?
I ask because i think there was some weird thing going on with gt5 dlc.

Got my games yesterday and today. The slash in GT5 isn't too bad, but the J&D case is pretty destroyed.

The whole bottom portion of the case is ripped off. :( Will post pictures if anyone wants to laugh at me.

[quote name='thisboywillbreak']Got my games yesterday and today. The slash in GT5 isn't too bad, but the J&D case is pretty destroyed.

The whole bottom portion of the case is ripped off. :( Will post pictures if anyone wants to laugh at me.[/QUOTE]

Haven't even gotten my GT5XL yet. Said it was supposed to be here today and they usually get here before noon, but it's already past 3. Hopefully it didn't get swiped by my a-hole neighbors.

As far as the case goes, that really sucks. No laughs from me. That isn't cool :(

[quote name='thisboywillbreak']The whole bottom portion of the case is ripped off. :( Will post pictures if anyone wants to laugh at me.[/QUOTE]
Can't you just put it in a new case? Or was the game damaged?

[quote name='Captain Urahara']Haven't even gotten my GT5XL yet. Said it was supposed to be here today and they usually get here before noon, but it's already past 3. Hopefully it didn't get swiped by my a-hole neighbors.[/QUOTE]
You should sign up for delivery confirmation. Anytime a UPS or Fedex package gets here, they e-mail me immediately. It's free and I never have to worry about whether or not a package showed up while I was gone.

[quote name='vic_x51']sweet got gt5xl today.
quick question the dlc code, If i apply it to one account is that the only account that has the extras, or do all my accounts on my ps3 get to use the dlc?
I ask because i think there was some weird thing going on with gt5 dlc.[/QUOTE]

Any DLC you download can be accessed by another account on your PS3. There are a few exceptions to this rule, but they are few and infrequent and I don't see this being one of them.

[quote name='Devil May Cry']Any DLC you download can be accessed by another account on your PS3. There are a few exceptions to this rule, but they are few and infrequent and I don't see this being one of them.[/QUOTE]

Actually you have to download the free family pack from the store. This will give all accounts the dlc.

@ZombieToast

They updated the tracker late in the day to let me know it made it to the facility a few cities away and will be here tomorrow . . . while I'm at work -_-

[quote name='Patriotsman12']For the people that got J&D, Do you think we'll be able to trade it in on Amazon?[/QUOTE]

I don't see why not.

I activated my DLC code through the Qriocity website. When I log into PSN Store, I can see only three dlc packs in my history. When I go to the GT5 section, I see others are purchased, but wont let me download. Has this happened to anyone else?

[quote name='warpedsoul']I activated my DLC code through the Qriocity website. When I log into PSN Store, I can see only three dlc packs in my history. When I go to the GT5 section, I see others are purchased, but wont let me download. Has this happened to anyone else?[/QUOTE]

it's on the disc...

I was watching my sister play the original Jak and Daxter game. It brought back so many memories because it was the first game I owned for the PS2. Can't wait to play it again!

[quote name='rpnguyen']what exactly do they do to games that they give you? damage the case a little bit or something?[/QUOTE]

From what's been stated before slash the barcode though they seem to fail to do that at times leaving just a cut in the case. It's meant to prevent return fraud.

[quote name='Puppet Master']From what's been stated before slash the barcode though they seem to fail to do that at times leaving just a cut in the case. It's meant to prevent return fraud.[/QUOTE]

yea cause i see posters saying barcodes are slashed whereas just a page ago one poster says his GTA5XL only has a little nick in the plastic.

thanks for the info.

[quote name='DarkPhantom13']Received my Jan. prize package today. Did anybody else get a multi tool with the light not working on it? Mine wont turn on :([/QUOTE]

Yup, mine doesnt light up either. I havent looked to see how to take it apart to see if the battery can be changed.

bread's done
Back