Please help me find these 3 games on the cheap

rebonal88

CAG Veteran
I am mainly a PC gamer, and I would like to find some cheap copies of Metal gear solid 1, Metal gear solid 2, and halo all for pc. I'm not good with ebay, had some bad experiences. could somone point me in the right direction or maybe sell me thier copy? I would appreciate it. Thanks.

MGS 1/2 are probably pretty difficult to find on PC. Might check EB, I've seen copies of MGS 1 in there a couple times. Have NEVER seen MGS 2, though.

MGS1 is easy to find. It's included in Microsoft's game pack or something along with Crimson Skies and Starlancer.

Halo PC isn't exactly difficult to find. I think my BB and CC have some copies.

MGS2:S however... good luck. =/ I've never seen that. Ever.

Dont get them... I can tell you here and now theyre all horrible. I love my pc, but mgs on it is bad and halo is total shit.

The xbox version of Halo is much, much better. I found the pc version to be a choppy, laggy, poorly ported game. I wouldn't doubt MS doing that intentionally to keep interest in the xbox.

MGS yes.. its included in a microsoft game pack.. try a CC or BB or your computer software store of choice...

i saw halo at wal mart for 19.99 just yesterday.. so.. yeah go for it..

yup never seen MGS 2 ever.. EVER...

[quote name='Kayden']Dont get them... I can tell you here and now theyre all horrible. I love my pc, but mgs on it is bad and halo is total shit.

The xbox version of Halo is much, much better. I found the pc version to be a choppy, laggy, poorly ported game. I wouldn't doubt MS doing that intentionally to keep interest in the xbox.[/quote]

I have used Halo on both my laptop and the PC I built for my mom and they are both powerhouses, and they can barely handle them. My laptop does HL2 much better than Halo. Just get an Xbox if you really like the game. I couldn't care less for it. Winning Eleven 8 and Wrestlemania 21 are going to be the first games that legitimize my puchase of an Xbox. But if you like Halo, the Xbox was designed for it (not the other way around). It sucks ten times more on the PC than on the Xbox.

Odd. Halo : Combat Evolved runs fine on my pc (and it's not a new system at all: 1500+ XP athlon with a GeForce4 Ti 4200.) Perhaps you guys were running it at a higher resolution or some such. The only time my framerate would suffer was during online play on certain servers. I enjoyed playing Halo on the pc a good bit, although I would recommend the console versions of Metal Gear Solid & MGS2 : Sons of Liberty, unless you've got a good gamepad on your pc.

[quote name='RBM']Odd. Halo : Combat Evolved runs fine on my pc (and it's not a new system at all: 1500+ XP athlon with a GeForce4 Ti 4200.) Perhaps you guys were running it at a higher resolution or some such. The only time my framerate would suffer was during online play on certain servers. I enjoyed playing Halo on the pc a good bit, although I would recommend the console versions of Metal Gear Solid & MGS2 : Sons of Liberty, unless you've got a good gamepad on your pc.[/quote]

My laptop is a Pentium 4 3.4 w/ HT, and an ATI Radeon 9700 Pro with a Gig of dual channel DDR RAM. It's not a matter of my system. But yes, I did have more than minimal effects on. But I run HL2 at full force and it runs smoothly and seemlessly. But Halo, while it works okay on my setup, isn't anywhere near as good. And that is unexcusable for a game that is such a bit older than HL2 and doesn't even look half as good. But, I hate the game anyway, so I don't care. Anyway, looks like OiBoy found it for him...

Thanks guys I will look into it now. I would get an Xbox and a PS2 but I can't afford it. All i have is my PC and my gamecube. I have a pretty good Gateway PC thats almost a year old and it ran the Halo Demo very well so I'm not too worried. Any suggestions on game pads I should get? Probably one similar to a PS2 huh?

bread's done
Back