Post Your Bf Haul, People!!!

[quote name='sarausagi']Ugh, I truly don't see the point why people go so crazy for these sales. More than half the electronics are off brand, low quality products..cameras that take crappy pictures...DVD players that aren't even true DVD players..just software...and the laptops? A few thousand people in the US are going to be frustrated with constant overheating, bad power supplies, and hard drives that crash in a few months. [/QUOTE]

I think the thing is that some people don't want/need higher end electronics, so cheap crap will work just fine for them. For instance, my mom is the least technical person on the planet, so the cheap camera I got for her (a Polaroid) will work just fine. Had I got her something more expensive, even on a clearance or whatever (and I've not seen a $40 digital camera even on clearance), she wouldn't ever use the more advanced features.

I do agree, though, with the posts that have people just buying stuff because of the day. I was at Circuit City and waited in line for about 35 minutes behind a guy that was buying, no joke, a CALCULATOR. Now let it be known this calculator was FREE after rebate, but it was still a $5 calculator. And since we got in line for check out within like 10 minutes of getting there at 5am, that pretty much means the guy STOOD OUTSIDE AT 4:30 in the morning or whatever to buy that calculator.

Suddenly I didn't feel so bad about my haul (even CAT IN THE HAT~!)...

RD

this is the first BF i didn't really participate in..i thought it wasn't worth.. but somehow convinced by my frined to grab 100 DVDR +,- from Staples for $7 after rebate, since staples was right next to Blockbuster where i need to return my free game anyway..and they had a small sale at BB for Aviator dvd suppose to be $4.99 but rang up $1.... so all in all got a movie for a buck and a bunch of dvdR that I probably won't finish for awhile :)

[quote name='[email protected]']I think the thing is that some people don't want/need higher end electronics, so cheap crap will work just fine for them. For instance, my mom is the least technical person on the planet, so the cheap camera I got for her (a Polaroid) will work just fine. Had I got her something more expensive, even on a clearance or whatever (and I've not seen a $40 digital camera even on clearance), she wouldn't ever use the more advanced features.

I do agree, though, with the posts that have people just buying stuff because of the day. I was at Circuit City and waited in line for about 35 minutes behind a guy that was buying, no joke, a CALCULATOR. Now let it be known this calculator was FREE after rebate, but it was still a $5 calculator. And since we got in line for check out within like 10 minutes of getting there at 5am, that pretty much means the guy STOOD OUTSIDE AT 4:30 in the morning or whatever to buy that calculator.

Suddenly I didn't feel so bad about my haul (even CAT IN THE HAT~!)...

RD[/QUOTE]

True.. i had a friend who just stop by Bestbuy at 5 am and came out with nothing.. he want to buy 'something' but don't know what... well.. that's asymmetric information case for less fortunate people for ya.. like someone who didn't know about the arrested development dvd on amazon..and bought it at the store.. not that there's anything wrong with it..... :)

[quote name='racthamp']True.. i had a friend who just stop by Bestbuy at 5 am and came out with nothing.. he want to buy 'something' but don't know what... well.. that's asymmetric information case for less fortunate people for ya.. like someone who didn't know about the arrested development dvd on amazon..and bought it at the store.. not that there's anything wrong with it..... :)[/QUOTE]

5am for BF is hella late.

[quote name='sarausagi']I don't see why you'd park in line for a first gen GBASP? The new screen variety are only $30 and it's quite worth it.[/QUOTE]

"Only $30 more," I assume?

Anyway, the big reason I went to Wal-Mart for the $50 GBA SP is because I was hoping they'd screw up and sell the new brighter ones (Graphite and Pearl Blue), which weren't in the flyer. Indeed, they did just that, and I now have a nice and bright Pearl Blue SP.

It was amusing to see them scan the newer models and wonder why they rang up at $80... time consuming, since they had to override each one, but amusing.

[quote name='111111']5am for BF is hella late.[/QUOTE]

I went there at 9am and got everything I was looking for, hell they still had two 27 inch $500 LCD HDTVs.

[quote name='crazytalkx']I went there at 9am and got everything I was looking for, hell they still had two 27 inch $500 LCD HDTVs.[/QUOTE]

it definitely varies of what you're getting. here's what happened with mine.

5 mp casio digital camera- gone in 20 seconds they had about 100 of em.

rice cooker- gone in 20 min.

gig mem cards-gone in 20 min.

shrek 2 dvds-gone in 5 min.

nintendo ds bundle-gone in 1 min. they had plenty.
---

just depends what ur gunning for. and i arrived at about 2:30 am.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']"Only $30 more," I assume?

Anyway, the big reason I went to Wal-Mart for the $50 GBA SP is because I was hoping they'd screw up and sell the new brighter ones (Graphite and Pearl Blue), which weren't in the flyer. Indeed, they did just that, and I now have a nice and bright Pearl Blue SP.

It was amusing to see them scan the newer models and wonder why they rang up at $80... time consuming, since they had to override each one, but amusing.[/QUOTE]

Mine wasn't stupid, they somehow found a way to not ring up the new ones as $48. They had red, onyx, cobalt, and platinum for sale only, the pearl blue and graphite were stuck behind the glass cases.

The employees hoarded some of the portable DVD players, I was going to get one to sell on eBay but didn't get one. They had three under the cashier's booth and they said they were "defective". Yeah..right.

I'm wondering if some of this stuff is worth it, for keep or for resale. I could still pricematch a few things: ESPN games from Best Buy, True Crime from Circuit City, Family Guy from Target...

scored ultimate matrix for $40 at suncoast, and i went there after work like 4 pm. strangely they had like 2 more of those.

doubledipped since i already got the previous dvds so i gotta find a way to sell em

im kinda pissed... i went to walmart to get the 50 dollar gba sp at 5 am, it was insane there no gba available

-went to go stand in line for the target 70 dollar bundle, new sp, case, car charger and super mario world. was freezing outside , said screw this

-and was heading when i decided to go to circuit city. didnt know beforehand but they also had a new sp bundle for 70, only instead of the stuff above, you get a link to the past and some crap pitfall game, and some gay headphones. i guess i shouldve stayed at target though, wouldve prefered the extra accessories, i guess i will try to sell the zelda game and pitfall instead..

oh well it was too cold to stand outside at 5 am

2 PS2 Wireless Controllers
64 MB PS2 Memory Card
Printer (forgot specifics)
Lord of the Rings: Two Towers
Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
Friday Night Lights
Batman Begins
Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
Love Actually
Collateral
Sin City
We Love Huckabees
War of the Worlds

$110 Total

[quote name='89']2 PS2 Wireless Controllers
64 MB PS2 Memory Card
Printer (forgot specifics)
Lord of the Rings: Two Towers
Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
Friday Night Lights
Batman Begins
Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
Love Actually
Collateral
Sin City
We Love Huckabees
War of the Worlds

$110 Total[/QUOTE]

Did you get Batman Begins and Hitchikers cheap? I didn't see them marked down anywhere. Same question on the WotW, and was that the new version or the 50's one?

RD

And, for what it's worth, if you remember that one picture sent to Wrestlecrap with the Triple H - Master of Puppets Metallica thing with the graveyard of guys he has buried, that was me.

MMkay... Heres my l00t-
Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay- Sam Goody $7.99
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory- Best Buy $9.99
Jade Empire Limited Edition- EB Games $19.99
Fable: The Lost Chapters- EB Games $19.99
Chappelle's Show Season 2- Target $19.99
Half-Life GOTY- EB Games $9.99
System of a Down: Hypnotize- Best Buy $9.99

Other Stuff-
George Forman Double Knockout Grill- Linens n' Things $30.00
Brother Sewing Machine- Walmart $40.00
Christmas Fleece Throws- Sears $5.00