PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope everyone will have to wait 3 weeks for theirs like I did last time.

tumblr_nu6xskk0Wc1reorefo4_400.gif
I suspect LRG's Doug knows exactly who you are and mails your copy last just for entertainment purposes.

My Stranger in Sword City arrived from Amazon in a box that was about 10x bigger than the game. That box looked like it had been thrown in a wood chipper, but astonishingly only the upper left corner of the game box was slightly wrinkled. I was going to get rid of my copy since I'm trying to save money, but I figure 38 bucks for a hard to find version of the game was worth keeping. 

How is the quality of the Atelier games? I see so many of them like they release 2 or 3 titles a year. I can't imagine the games being that good seeing as how many titles they pump out in such a short timeframe.
That's one a year buster. Although sometimes we could get stacked with 2 in the west due to the turnaround in translation/localization, the japanese releases are spaced at 1 per year.

They are on the low budget side of things. They don't wield the same budget as something like say the Tales games have. That said, gust has been getting exceptionally good at their character models and their characters and story are still top notch. It really depends on what you're expecting. These are niche japanese games that have a strong fan following. If you like cute girls and jrpgs, then it's pretty much the best in its genre.

Are the stories in the Atelier games based on each other? Any issues with playing Escha and Logo if you haven't played any of the others first?
They are separated by trilogies. E&L is the 2nd game of the Dusk trilogy. It does immediately spoil the end for Ayesha the first Dusk game. A lot of returning characters and references to past events. It's not really a game breaker, but you will get more enjoyment out of it if you play them in order and see the characters grow over the years.

If you're getting them, just start with the Arland trilogy. If you have PS+ that's 3 games for $40 or $13~ each. If you don't have PS+ then get a 1 month sub for $10 since the savings would be $16, you'd still come out on top.

My SoSC shipped with Coup from the board game sale so it best be in a box. I kept my order from NIS too because I ordered it with HToL but they only shipped SoSC. There was a hole on the box but the game is near mint.

I want Superbeat Xonic and I'm thinking of picking it up in the Golden Week sale. What are the odds it'll go below $20?

I want Superbeat Xonic and I'm thinking of picking it up in the Golden Week sale. What are the odds it'll go below $20?
Probably not very high. It is still a fairly new game, and DJ Max (The publisher's previous game) doesn't often go on sale.

:vita: Tales of Hearts R (preowned) - $19.99

If you're looking at getting a couple of Vita games, GameStop has $5 off the purchase of two preowned games ($14.99+). IT's been running for awhile, but throwing in this post since it would apply here.

:vita: Farming Simulator 16 - $19.99/$17.99

:vita: EDF2 $19.99 GS and BB

Looks like it's a MSRP price drop.
Would recommend EDF2, and of course Tales.

From the Golden Week I got Ar Nosurge, E&L and Severed. Still on my second run of P4G to get fully hyped for P5 though...

I picked it up for around $25 late last year on Amazon. Excellent game, doesn't go on sale often either so I'd say pick it up if you are interested. Chances are it won't be on sale again for awhile and I doubt it will hit $20 or less anytime soon.

If you're looking at getting a couple of Vita games, GameStop has $5 off the purchase of two preowned games ($14.99+). IT's been running for awhile, but throwing in this post since it would apply here.
Thanks! Picked up Tales of Hearts R and Fortune Street for the Wii for under $30. Also noticied the "new" copy of Hearts is clearanced at $21.97

I just saw this and couldn't think of anything but Squarehard:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=cJukyZinJ1I
Hmm, I wonder what you were Googling that brought you to that? You know what, I don't want to know, it's late night, I understand.

I will let you know later this evening. Working and don't have my vita with me today.
Sorry for taking so long to get back but as long as you have activated your vita for PS Mobile you can swap cards with out an issue. You just need to be connected to wifi and activate the game(s) you intend to play again. Once a game is activated and as long as that memory card is in your vita you can play the PS Mobile game(s) without a wifi connection. If you swap memory card you will need to activate each game again via wifi in order to play it. To activate the game you just need to launch it.

So I was out of town without a reliable wifi connection and I had not activated my games before I left so I could not play them. I have been playing something on my 16GB card recently and my 32GB card has my mobile games on it. Once I got back I activated each game via wifi and they worked fine. I also tested them in airplane mode and I had no issues after activation. Hope this helps.

I already looked into the PS Mobile situation and confirmed it for myself, but thanks for getting back.

Every time I start to think Japan can no longer surprise or upset me with their shenanigans (Japanigans?), they make me look like a fool.

Sorry for taking so long to get back but as long as you have activated your vita for PS Mobile you can swap cards with out an issue. You just need to be connected to wifi and activate the game(s) you intend to play again. Once a game is activated and as long as that memory card is in your vita you can play the PS Mobile game(s) without a wifi connection. If you swap memory card you will need to activate each game again via wifi in order to play it. To activate the game you just need to launch it.

So I was out of town without a reliable wifi connection and I had not activated my games before I left so I could not play them. I have been playing something on my 16GB card recently and my 32GB card has my mobile games on it. Once I got back I activated each game via wifi and they worked fine. I also tested them in airplane mode and I had no issues after activation. Hope this helps.
So if I ever need to transfer all my games to a larger memory card, I can still use my PS Mobile games without issues?

Yes, that has been my experience with doing a transfer that included a single PS Mobile game.
Cool, thanks. It's not currently an issue, as I have the biggest card offered(64GB), but if by some miracle they ever release a 128GB card, I would like to be able to actually upgrade without loosing games I've paid good money for. For now it's not an issue either way, but if the Vita keeps doing decent business in Japan, it may happen(fingers crossed), so I figured it would be good to find out before hand.

The box art for Oreshika is really inspiring... I mean, if I bought games based on box art alone (sort of like when I was a teen renting games often based on box art alone)... well.. I'd easily buy that.  It looks like some kind of open world action adventure.  Looking at the actual gameplay though I don't think it's something I'd actually enjoy, though the graphic style is really nice.   Still, it's really nice boxart.

The box art for Oreshika is really inspiring... I mean, if I bought games based on box art alone (sort of like when I was a teen renting games often based on box art alone)... well.. I'd easily buy that. It looks like some kind of open world action adventure. Looking at the actual gameplay though I don't think it's something I'd actually enjoy, though the graphic style is really nice. Still, it's really nice boxart.
Really? The only thing the boxart says to me is "Hey, see that guy at the end of the pier? Watch me hit him with this hammer!"

The box art for Oreshika is really inspiring... I mean, if I bought games based on box art alone (sort of like when I was a teen renting games often based on box art alone)... well.. I'd easily buy that. It looks like some kind of open world action adventure. Looking at the actual gameplay though I don't think it's something I'd actually enjoy, though the graphic style is really nice. Still, it's really nice boxart.
I tried out the demo and I enjoyed it so much that I went to buy the physical

bread's done
Back