PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
omg 6 hrs in ToH R, and i love everything about this game (and searching for Kohaku doujinshi like crazy)! one minor flaw is the subtitles sometimes dont match the Japanese voice, but i can live with that, better than being stuck to some shitty English voice acting
Yeah I'm about 4 hours into it right now and liking it a lot as well :)

Joined the PSTV club today. Finally found a bundle at a WalMart I frequent, so $30 paid and out the door. I have a problem with wanting every gaming hardware I can get...

one other minor issue is its a couple hours before you have a full battle party and the party members don't get equal elemental coverage.  First couple dungeons is shing then shing and hisui only. Even after gallando and beryl join its a long stretch till innes and kohaku finally join let alone chalcedony and kunzite in part 2.  

And while I liked shing gameplay wise I didn't care for the others too much besides chal and kunzite.

one other minor issue is its a couple hours before you have a full battle party and the party members don't get equal elemental coverage. First couple dungeons is shing then shing and hisui only. Even after gallando and beryl join its a long stretch till innes and kohaku finally join let alone chalcedony and kunzite in part 2.

And while I liked shing gameplay wise I didn't care for the others too much besides chal and kunzite.
damn dude, spoilers! but yeah, i kinda know blondie and kohaku will join. also Shin was translated as Kor for some reason, which makes me think like 10 secs before i knew u meant Kor

damn dude, spoilers! but yeah, i kinda know blondie and kohaku will join. also Shin was translated as Kor for some reason, which makes me think like 10 secs before i knew u meant Kor
And that's why you dub when you make major name changes. I may not know Japanese, but I can at least tell that what people are saying doesn't match the text boxes.

And that's why you dub when you make major name changes. I may not know Japanese, but I can at least tell that what people are saying doesn't match the text boxes.
but really i just cant stand most of the English voice acting... dont get me wrong, some games like final fantasy 13 have very solid English dubs. But I mean these games have the top Japanese voice actors, singers, or actors sometimes, and then the English counterparts are just some nobodys... If movie stars, even voice acting stars like Nolan North, are doing the dubs, i sure as hell will prefer that! sadly its just not happening...

omg 6 hrs in ToH R, and i love everything about this game (and searching for Kohaku doujinshi like crazy)! one minor flaw is the subtitles sometimes dont match the Japanese voice, but i can live with that, better than being stuck to some shitty English voice acting
Yeah. And I have trouble with Shing and Kor name thing. I mean, seriously, why bother changing the name if you're not even gonna dub it?

Well I finally worked up the courage to open up my Persona 4 DAN and assess the damages.  Luckily everything in the box is in good shape, it's just the box that's destroyed.  I guess I'll still call and complain about the box in the morning though.

Is there any reason to not to pick up the UK version of Steins; Gate for the vita if it is a couple bucks cheaper than the USA version? Figured I might finally bite on the game.

Is there any reason to not to pick up the UK version of Steins; Gate for the vita if it is a couple bucks cheaper than the USA version? Figured I might finally bite on the game.
The only difference in the vanilla version of the game between the regions is the rating logo. (The limited edition versions included slightly different extras - artbook in UK, calendar in US.)

So do we know at this point if Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero physical will be exclusive to Gamestop?

Is Criminal Girls 2 physical a NISA exclusive?

Sorry kinda lost what was happening with this a few pages back.

I also believe I read somewhere that they have different trophy list as well, but it's been awhile, so I'm not 100% on that.

Yeah. And I have trouble with Shing and Kor name thing. I mean, seriously, why bother changing the name if you're not even gonna dub it?
IIRC, there was originally an English dub planned, but Bandai-Namco killed it and the localization team had already changed Shing's name, so they couldn't go back and change it.

Personally, I think ToHR is the best Tales since Vesperia, especially after playing the disappointing Xillias.

I also believe I read somewhere that they have different trophy list as well, but it's been awhile, so I'm not 100% on that.
Yup, each version of Steins;Gate (e.g., UK Vita version, US Vita version, UK PS3 version, US PS3 version, etc.) has a separate trophy list.

But how could it possibly look nice on your shelf in a GS case?
My shelf is deep so I can fit two rows of games in it. It will be in the hidden row, but besides the point I just wanted the game anyway for my collection so not having the full case is not a total problem for me. It sucks but I will live with it.

I made the joke though because I have so many rpg's in my backlog to play that I probably wont be getting to this for a long while.

How exactly are party members spoilers when they are on the box front and back, in the opening, ect. Hell if the game had a manual they'd be in that too :p There's also costumes for the party members as an ad when you load up the game and preorder dlc for when people bought it. If I had said the dungeons and such when they joined and how they joined then that'd be something.

On that note if you don't want to be spoiled tales of is the wrong rpg for that since the openings tend to spoil 40% of the plot. With abyss being the worst since short haired luke is on the games cover art :nottalking:

exactly. One or two if the major npcs also randomly got renamed so its really jarring when you hear them shouting alexandrite and aquamarine but words on the screen are something different.

It also kinda screws with the naming theme since all the characters and such have names based on precious stones and metals. Some use jpn of course like kohaku an hisui though but most are direct english copies like lapis, beryl, peridot, garnet, silver ect.

IIRC, there was originally an English dub planned, but Bandai-Namco killed it and the localization team had already changed Shing's name, so they couldn't go back and change it.

Personally, I think ToHR is the best Tales since Vesperia, especially after playing the disappointing Xillias.

Yup, each version of Steins;Gate (e.g., UK Vita version, US Vita version, UK PS3 version, US PS3 version, etc.) has a separate trophy list.
I don't recalled a dub ever being planned. On the note of shings name change that's questionable as well since his name was left in english for tales of graces weapon cameo and card game. It doesn't make sense for his name to randomly be changed in the localized game while the names that were changed in graces were reverted back to normal.

Hisui was jadeite and kohaku was amber for those curious. The latter of which was a cameo boss for graces as well. I think she was also a cameo boss with hisui and milla for innocence R but don't quote me on it.

I'm really put off by the campy dialogue the "localizers" injected into every scene.
Have you played Lunar on Playstation? Im sure that game was localized to hell but I enjoyed it alot, the jokes were funny and im sure whatever the jokes / dialogue was in Japanese it probably wouldn't have translated well over here.

This is a list of north america vita games that has something in the case with the game card. I watched many unboxing videos when i was making my list. I hope this helps someone.

Arcana Heart 3: LOVE MAX!!!!!  [Ad]

Army Corps of Hell [Square Enix Code]

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma  [Ad]

Borderlands 2  [Ad, Code for DLC]

Call of Duty: Black Ops – Declassified  [Code for CoD PSP]

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc  [Ad]

Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax  [Fold out move sheet]

Disney Infinity 2.0 Edition  [Manual]

Farming Simulator 14  [Paper how to access manual] not 100% sure

Farming Simulator 16  [Paper how to access manual]

FIFA 14: Legacy Edition  [2 page Online ID/Warranty]

FIFA 15: Legacy Edition  [2 page Online ID/Warranty]

FIFA Soccer  [2 page Online ID/Warranty]

FIFA Soccer 13  [2 page Online ID/Warranty]

Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster  [Square Enix Code, Code for X-2, Art Cards]

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd  [Manual, 1 Card(This is not in all copies)]

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational  [Online Pass]

Injustice: Gods Among Us - Ultimate Edition  [Code for Music Album]

Lego Jurassic World  [Ad]

Lego Ninjago: Nindroids  [Ad]

Lego The Hobbit  [Ad]

LittleBigPlanet: PS Vita  [Online Pass]

Madden NFL 13  [2 page Online ID/Warranty]

MLB 12: The Show  [Online Pass]

MLB 13: The Show  [Online Pass]

Need for Speed: Most Wanted  [2 page Online ID/Warranty]

One Piece: Unlimited World Red  [Code for DLC(Day 1 Edition)]

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale  [Online Pass]

Ragnarok Odyssey  [Ad]

Reality Fighters  [Online Pass]

Resistance: Burning Skies  [Online Pass]

Ridge Racer  [Code for DLC]

Sly Cooper Collection  [Code for Sly 3]

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed: Bonus Edition  [Code for DLC]

Soul Sacrifice  [Online Pass]

SpongeBob HeroPants  [Ad]

Street Fighter X Tekken  [Code for DLC]

Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters  [Ad]

Toukiden: The Age of Demons  [Controls Sheet]

Unit 13  [Online Pass]

The Walking Dead: Season Two  [Ad]

The Wolf Among Us  [Ad]

Wipeout 2048  [Online Pass]

XBlaze Code: Embryo  [Ad]

[SIZE=11pt]XBlaze Lost: Memories  [Ad][/SIZE]

Have you played Lunar on Playstation? Im sure that game was localized to hell but I enjoyed it alot, the jokes were funny and im sure whatever the jokes / dialogue was in Japanese it probably wouldn't have translated well over here.
Wow, way to praise the worst dub that it has been my terrible misfortune to hear.

There's a special circle of hell reserved for rapists, murderers, and the dubbers of Lunar Silver Star Story.

Wow, way to praise the worst dub that it has been my terrible misfortune to hear.

There's a special circle of hell reserved for rapists, murderers, and the dubbers of Lunar Silver Star Story.
Kyle had himself another night of wine, women and song! Just between the two of us, I think I had too much wine - BUT THE WOMEN DIDN'T MIND!

This is a list of north america vita games that has something in the case with the game card. I watched many unboxing videos when i was making my list. I hope this helps someone.

[snip]
Cool. Thanks!

It sure does make me sad whenever I open a vita case and there's nothing but the cart in there. They even have a clip to hold a manual in place but never use it.

Have any of used remote play to play Valkyria Chronicles Remastered on the Vita? If so how is it? I am thinking of getting it just to remote play it while chilling on the bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah, Working Designs. You were the best.

And also the worst.

Hisui was jadeite and kohaku was amber for those curious. The latter of which was a cameo boss for graces as well. I think she was also a cameo boss with hisui and milla for innocence R but don't quote me on it.
Well it's obvious why they changed Hisui at least. There is only one Jade in Tales, and he'll dissect anyone that says otherwise.

Why didn't we get Innocence R anyway?

I remember cringing pretty damn hard when i spoke to someone who ended up recycling an Austin Powers joke. "Do i make you randy, baby? Do i?"

IIRC, it was just text dialogue. No one actually spoke it.

Yes, the original Sega CD game, Lunar: The Silver Star, had much better dialogue than the PSX remake.

Thanks for the heads up on Tales R. There's two stores with new copies so here's to hoping they're sealed. I highly doubt it though.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Octodad is LRG newest release on June 19th, for 24.99(Vita & PS4).

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/739816228076855296

EDIT: 4500 on PS4 and 3500 for Vita. They say there may be a special edition for both platforms as well, no details yet?

Hey, now I'm just like all of you that are a little disappointed every time the next game announcement isn't Cosmic Star Heroine.

Neat.

Octodad is LRG newest release on June 19th, for 24.99(Vita & PS4).

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/739816228076855296

EDIT: 4500 on PS4 and 3500 for Vita. They say there may be a special edition for both platforms as well, no details yet?
Good to see the print numbers are a little more reasonable than the last few releases.

Also, I'm wondering if someone should just start a Limited Run Games thread here since they currently release more than just Vita (PS4) and may be branching off into more systems as well. I've been thinking about doing one myself but my work schedule is just too hectic recently to guarantee I'll be able to keep the OP updated on a regular basis.

Good to see the print numbers are a little more reasonable than the last few releases.
They've said on several occasions that the numbers would increase in the future. A lot of the games release so far where are ready scheduled since before they started, and couldn't be increased after the fact.

Also, I'm wondering if someone should just start a Limited Run Games thread here since they currently release more than just Vita (PS4) and may be branching off into more systems as well. I've been thinking about doing one myself but my work schedule is just too hectic recently to guarantee I'll be able to keep the OP updated on a regular basis.
Well, I got no life atm, so I'll do it!

The only difference in the vanilla version of the game between the regions is the rating logo. (The limited edition versions included slightly different extras - artbook in UK, calendar in US.)
Yep, I was looking at the vanilla versions, although the artbook the UK got seems considerably nicer than the calendar we got in the US.

Thanks for the heads up on the trophy list.

So, I'm guessing LRG is going to release out of order then.  They have Xeodrifter as 8 and 9, but haven't set a release date yet. It is supposed to be in June, but they didn't say exactly when. 

I hope not, I'll be out of town from tomorrow through the 14th and not have internet access during that time.
Looks like you'll be fine.

Xeodrifter and Lost Sea (No Vita, so less important!) will be released on July 5th, assuming for 4th of July more or less.

Soldner-X 2: Final Prototype will be out on July 18th.

Busy month for July. :eek:

So, I'm guessing LRG is going to release out of order then. They have Xeodrifter as 8 and 9, but haven't set a release date yet. It is supposed to be in June, but they didn't say exactly when.
It does indeed appear there's a fun house mirror thing going on with their numbering system and release dates now that's they're listed. XD

I did as well, awwww yeah!
Only got tracking information for 2 of my 3 orders. That Dragon Ball Z Asian English version he showed on Twitter a couple of weeks back? He had spent about 2 months tracking that down for me. :) Apparently it had a pretty small print run.

The order that I didn't get tracking on though was a copy of FFX-2 and Shadow of the Beast. They've never done me wrong in the past though, so I'm sure its on its way :)

bread's done
Back