PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got Lost Dimension, Dungeon Travelers 2, and Tales of Hearts R used from the GS website and they all came in their original cases. As a bonus I got some mini art book for Dungeon Travelers 2. I thought there would be no chance of getting all three in their original cases after what everyone said a few pages ago. I guess I got lucky
Lucky! The artbook calendar thing was for first print copies(I don't think I've ever seen ones without it). I guess either whoever returned the used copy also returned the artbook, or whoever was packing your used copy saw the artbook from one of their gutted "new" copies of the game and thought he should just throw it in. Sucks for the guy buying the "new" copy and they'll be one artbook short for him.

Something seems a bit odd about this "screen cleaner". Just can't quite figure out what. :whistle2:k

mister_happiness.jpg
Too bad it's ricedigital exclusive. Although it's too expensive for me anyway. Preordered the standard at amazon but I'm gonna see if amazon upholds the new change in their 20% prime policy. Probably gonna have to fight for the discount as my trial ends before it ships.

Has anyone seen a close-up design of the tie?  I don't know if it's just my side, but I can't get any detail out of the one on their site when I try to zoom in.  

Add 1 in my cart.  I give up.... I don't think i ever play this game & i don't feel like double dip it on ebay.   Save 1 for someone really wants this ;)

Next Vita Game is my taste " Söldner-X 2: Final Prototype"

Can't believe people don't see the value in buying something that is guaranteed to never go down in value.
But spending $$$ on something that is trash that you can resell later doesnt mean it's not trash.

On a side note: I guess my stupid Disgaea 3 will be no case since it hasnt shipped yet and says it will be here in 2 days (AKA going to be from the store that I put a hold on yesterday and never picked up since it had no case)

So this thread is mostly for ppl who buy this game and resell in the future?

EDIT: this post meant to be in the LRG thread. lol

I remember when people scoffed at the Physical versions of Retro City Rampage for PS4/Vita, only to want it later.
Not me, I grabbed it it up and then some. LOL I have also open my personal copy as well. Although I think I'll probably end up playing on the 3DS for the dual screen benefits.

Not me, I grabbed it it up and then some. LOL I have also open my personal copy as well. Although I think I'll probably end up playing on the 3DS for the dual screen benefits.
I bought two copies of RCRDX, opened one copy, still have a second sealed copy. Had originally planned to gift it to someone that year, but said individual saw my copy and scoffed the game was terrible and didn't deserve a physical release so I still have it. And in RCRDX's defense, I thought it was a good game, but then I get most of the retro nods and in-jokes and younger folk will be utterly lost on most of the nostalgic content.

Am i the only one that hate the visual games?
Lol both or whatever you guys call it. They are overpriced too I think.
How can you hate something or say it's overpriced when you don't know what it's called? lol

Anyway, GOOD higher budget visual novels have fair prices (Steins;Gate, all of the Zero Escape games, Danganronpa). These are usually 30+ hours long and have a lot of content. A lot of lower budget VNs aren't worth the price though. Paying $25 for Fault Milestone 1 is kind of crazy IMO, the series is split into multiple parts and each one isn't very long.

I'm kind of disappointed that Sekai Project decided to go with Fault Milestone 1 as their first VN for LRG.. especially considering the steam version has been cheaply bundled already.

How can you hate something or say it's overpriced when you don't know what it's called? lol

Anyway, GOOD higher budget visual novels have fair prices (Steins;Gate, all of the Zero Escape games, Danganronpa). These are usually 30+ hours long and have a lot of content. A lot of lower budget VNs aren't worth the price though. Paying $25 for Fault Milestone 1 is kind of crazy IMO, the series is split into multiple parts and each one isn't very long.

I'm kind of disappointed that Sekai Project decided to go with Fault Milestone 1 as their first VN for LRG.. especially considering the steam version has been cheaply bundled already.
I had one one of the zero time games lol it was confusing

We all know that everyone wants the Grisaia Trilogy for the Vita. That should been the first announcement. But I'm guessing they're going to announce it at Anime Expo.

I'm about to transfer my data from one memory card to another. I've watched a few videos, is it as simple as plugging the vita into my computer, backing up, insert new memory card and then restore?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'm about to transfer my data from one memory card to another. I've watched a few videos, is it as simple as plugging the vita into my computer, backing up, insert new memory card and then restore?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
It's generally recommended that you don't do the full backup and restore, go to the screen that lets you select individual games and just select all of them. It tends to work more consistently and you don't have to start completely over at the beginning if it fails partway through for some reason.

It's generally recommended that you don't do the full backup and restore, go to the screen that lets you select individual games and just select all of them. It tends to work more consistently and you don't have to start completely over at the beginning if it fails partway through for some reason.
I did the full backup and restore. Though it was for only an 8gb card. I imagine it'd take a lot longer if you're backing up a 64gb card.

Well, it was bound to happen eventually, LRG still has copies of the "Dad Edition" of Octodad: Dadliest Catch available for both systems and standard edition copies available for the PS4. Can't be same day sell outs everytime.

Well, it was bound to happen eventually, LRG still has copies of the "Dad Edition" of Octodad: Dadliest Catch available for both systems and standard edition copies available for the PS4. Can't be same day sell outs everytime.
Octodad also has their largest print run.

It was also Father's Day as well as game 7 of the NBA Finals.  In total there are just over 1000 copies left of the game between the PS4 and Vita versions.  People were just busy.  Just wait till the 4th of July and the games releasing that day.  I know I won't even bother giving them a second thought and really just want to give them a big middle finger for having the audacity to release this stuff on a holiday.

------

Stopped by a GS store and pre-ordered and paid in full for Shantae on Vita.  Sadly I forgot to get Dragon Quest VII preordered... but I'll get that one done next time I go by there.  I'm just happy Shantae is coming to a portable system and they are pricing it so reasonably.

Octodad also has their largest print run.
Maybe they've reached the limit on the number of people who would seek out a physical copy of a game as opposed to just buying a digital copy. Even when NPD tracks numbers for a niche title like Daganronpa or Senran Kagura, they don't break the 10k mark in the first month. Combine that with it being an indie game that's probably been $5 on multiple steam sales, if not $1 on a Humble Bundle and the pool of potential buyers is probably pretty low.

Looking at their twitter account, they're at 10% stock as of this writing. They'll probably finish selling but my guess is that they won't aim for 15,000 or 20,000 copy releases.

Maybe they've reached the limit on the number of people who would seek out a physical copy of a game as opposed to just buying a digital copy. Even when NPD tracks numbers for a niche title like Daganronpa or Senran Kagura, they don't break the 10k mark in the first month. Combine that with it being an indie game that's probably been $5 on multiple steam sales, if not $1 on a Humble Bundle and the pool of potential buyers is probably pretty low.

Looking at their twitter account, they're at 10% stock as of this writing. They'll probably finish selling but my guess is that they won't aim for 15,000 or 20,000 copy releases.
I think they just chose the wrong title to do a quantity increase with.

Oddworld actually had an even larger release for the PS4, yet, that one sold out like hotcakes.

Oddworld and Octodad have very different fanbases, along with the idea they decided to also do the funky tie bundles where they shot themselves in the foot.

If they did these quantities with Cosmic Star Heroine, and the Sekai titles, it would be much more likely to sell out that first day. Octodad though?...well... ~_~

I think that will depend upon the tile in question as to whether they may go for that high of a quantity. Cosmic Star Heroine, as prime a example is a fantastic looking game that has been shown at E3 2015 and E3 2016. A great looking RPG with the level of marketing, and general hype it has deservedly generated, could easily sell that many physical copies. It all comes down to overall game quality, classification of the game type (RPG, platformer, etc...), and marketing.

We who collect games will buy them regardless of all that, but for the non-collector gamers the game must either appeal to them as something they'd want to play or be from an established franchise of which they have interest in already in order for them to willing commit to making the purchase. The Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee HD remake "New 'n' Tasty!" was a prime example of a established franchise release which yielded a potential purchase appeal to anyone who had ever played and liked any of the previously released Oddworld titles.

The Sekai Project releases, while already well known through marketing, are still niche market titles which will primarily appeal to those of us who are fans of anime, manga, and visual novels. That's not to say this particular niche is a small one though. Certain Sekai Project titles, if allowed to be published by LRG, could easily sell ten thousand copies.

LRG knew what they were doing. Yes there is a smaller fanbase for Octodad which is why the purchasing limits were raised to 2 per person.   They also used necktie add-ins to make some additional income.  People in here are acting like anything but an instant sellout is failure or something.  Looks to me like they are really close to hitting their supply and demand sweet spot for a limited product.

It was also Father's Day as well as game 7 of the NBA Finals. In total there are just over 1000 copies left of the game between the PS4 and Vita versions. People were just busy. Just wait till the 4th of July and the games releasing that day. I know I won't even bother giving them a second thought and really just want to give them a big middle finger for having the audacity to release this stuff on a holiday.

------

Stopped by a GS store and pre-ordered and paid in full for Shantae on Vita. Sadly I forgot to get Dragon Quest VII preordered... but I'll get that one done next time I go by there. I'm just happy Shantae is coming to a portable system and they are pricing it so reasonably.

We know you bought it. I'm sure thats the best middle finger they've ever been given.

PS Vita Region 1 Physical Game Directory and Checklist:
http://www.tweeg.psoarchive.com/collect

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Announced & Upcoming Physical Vita Games:
Listed alphabetically with release date after title.

- 2016 -
Cosmic Star Heroine (TBA)
Criminal Girls 2: Party Favors (9/20)
Exist Archive: The Other Side of the Sky (10/18)
Fate/EXTELLA: The Umbral Star (4th Quarter)
Gal*Gun: Double Peace (7/19)
Grand Kingdom (6/28)
Lego: Star Wars: The Force Awakens (6/28)
MeiQ: Labyrinth of Death (9/13)
Muv-Luv Trilogy (November)
Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X (8/30)
Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness (9/13)
Rabi-Ribi (4th Quarter)
Rainbow Moon (TBA)
Shantae: Half-Genie Hero (9/27)
Shiren The Wanderer: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate (7/26)
Soldner-X 2: Final Prototype (7/18)
Steins;Gate 0 (TBA)
SuperDimension Neptune vs Sega Hard Girls (10/18)
Teslagrad (11/24)
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II (9/2)
Volume (TBA)
World of Final Fantasy (10/25)
XeoDrifter (7/4)
YIIK: A Postmodern RPG (TBA)
Yomawari: Night Alone (10/25)
Zero Escape: Volume 3: Zero Time Dilemma (6/28)

- 2017 -
Akiba's Beat (TBA)
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (March)
Fault Milestone One (TBA)
Touhou: Genso Wanderer (TBA)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- Special Edition Pre-Order Updates -

- Aksys Games -
Zero Time Dilemma
Limited Watch Bonus Edition - Unavailable
- $?9.99
- http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B010U1DOKG/
- Release Date: June 28th, 2016

- NIS -
Criminal Girls 2: Party Favors
Party Bag Edition - Less than 75% remaining!!!
- $74.99
- http://store.nisamerica.com/preorders/criminal-girls-2/criminal-girls-2-party-favors-party-bag-edition
Limited Edition - Less than 75% remaining!!!
- $49.99
- http://store.nisamerica.com/preorders/criminal-girls-2/criminal-girls-2-party-favors-limited-edition
- Release Date: September 20th, 2016

Grand Kingdom
Grand Edition - Less than 5% remaining!!!
- $79.99
- http://store.nisamerica.com/games/grand-kingdom-grand-edition
Limited Edition - ?
- $59.99
- http://store.nisamerica.com/games/grand-kingdom-limited-edition
- Release Date: June 28th, 2016

Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness
Limited Edition - Less than 50% remaining!
- $59.99
- http://store.nisamerica.com/games/psycho-pass-limited-edition
- Release Date: September 13th, 2016

Yomawari: Night Alone
Limited Edition - Less than 100% remaining.
- $59.99
- http://store.nisamerica.com/preorders/yomawari/yomawari-night-alone-firefly-diary-ps-vita
- Release Date: October 25th, 2016

- Rice Digital/PQube -
Gal*Gun: Double Peace
Mr. Happiness Edition - Available
- $94.99
- http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/store/gal-gun-double-peace-ps-vita-us-version-mr-happiness-collectors-edition
- Release Date: July 19th, 2016

- Idea Factory -
Not a nep'n thing!

- XSeed Games -
Shantae: Half-Genie Hero
Risky Beats (Limited Physical Edition) - Available
- $29.99
- https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B018F6NSP4/
- Release Date: September 27th, 2016

It's a mystery. The L.E. pre-order sold out before I had a mind to check on it. Aksys is claiming they will make more available closer to launch date, closer than we are now apparently, so shall log the price at that point in time.

It's a mystery. The L.E. pre-order sold out before I had a mind to check on it. Aksys is claiming they will make more available closer to launch date, closer than we are now apparently, so shall log the price at that point in time.
Or you could just log it now.. it was $39.99 ;)

I thought Aksys claimed they'll sell the watch separately, I didn't hear anything about them restocking the LE preorder, but maybe I missed that.

Or you could just log it now.. it was $39.99 ;)

I thought Aksys claimed they'll sell the watch separately, I didn't hear anything about them restocking the LE preorder, but maybe I missed that.
Normally they include the watch with the game, so they can move inventory. I guess they could sale the watch separately, as they did with 999, but that was when the game was unknown. When they offered the watch with the last game, I believe it was always bundled with the game.

bread's done
Back