PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
I posted this in the Best Buy Clearance thread, I'll post it here too...

A few Vita clearance drops last night:

The Wolf Among Us - $6.99 (was $14.99)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/the-wolf-among-us-ps-vita/7319014.p?id=1219265950078&skuId=7319014

The Walking Dead: Season 2 - $6.99 (was $14.99)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/the-walking-dead-season-two-ps-vita/7318006.p?id=1219265947907&skuId=7318006

MLB 14: The Show - $6.99 (was $14.99)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/mlb-14-the-show-ps-vita/4069005.p?id=1219095669891&skuId=4069005

Borderlands 2 - $9.99 (was $19.99)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/borderlands-2-ps-vita/5838011.p?id=1219163972940&skuId=5838011
Thanks. Ordered MLB. Was $5.9x including taxes for pickup.

Since you guys were talking about grips, this is the one I've been waiting for.

The company who made the 2000 grip that adds L2 and R2 buttons via the back touchpad, might be making one for the 1000 too.

It looks like their gauging interest right now.

https://twitter.com/jecom_online/status/633218465189355520

I tried adding their twitter status, but it's not showing up I guess. Here's people talking about it on neogaf if this link shows up.

http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=175763672

My gamestop has a copy of dungeon hunters I want but no og box. I hate people who toss boxes.
My brother does that. He had a ton of really expensive games that he wanted to sell, but they were worth like 1/2 to 1/4 the current market price because he threw out everything. He was really surprised by that.

This I have to put on GS, if they lowered values for not being complete it would become less of an issue. If I'm trading in a game that came with a special case or steelbook, I'm only trading in the disk since they don't care.

My gamestop has a copy of dungeon hunters I want but no og box. I hate people who toss boxes.
This drives me friggin bonkers. Especially when other CAG'ers talk about how they toss out perfectly good boxes that have value, which I've seen a few times.

My brother does that. He had a ton of really expensive games that he wanted to sell, but they were worth like 1/2 to 1/4 the current market price because he threw out everything. He was really surprised by that.
You should slap him a few times. For me. With a few extra slaps if he just tossed out the boxes and didn't sell them or anything.

This drives me friggin bonkers. Especially when other CAG'ers talk about how they toss out perfectly good boxes that have value, which I've seen a few times.

You should slap him a few times. For me. With a few extra slaps if he just tossed out the boxes and didn't sell them or anything.
He threw out all of the boxes and manuals. :wall:

I'm new to the Vita sceen. Would you recommend getting Wolf Among Us ($7 @ best buy) and Borderlands 2 ($10 @ best buy). These clearance prices seem good.

Also, what are some must haves for this system? I prefer sleeper hits and obscure titles. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

I tossed all my dvd cases and cd cases ages ago.  I value space more than collecting.  

Now... when I was a kid I tossed most of my computer game boxes... which is sad, because I sold the ones I kept for a small fortune (generally $100-400 per game).   But whatever, if i hadn't tossed most of them and kept them in a small box, my father probably would have tossed the whole thing for taking up too much space.

I'm new to the Vita sceen. Would you recommend getting Wolf Among Us ($7 @ best buy) and Borderlands 2 ($10 @ best buy). These clearance prices seem good.
Also, what are some must haves for this system? I prefer sleeper hits and obscure titles. Thanks in advance for any feedback.
While I can't speak for Wolf Among Us and BL, as I've yet to play either on Vita, here are some of the responses from some awesome CAGs when I asked about must plays a week or so ago....

Gravity Rush.
If you enjoy JRPGs, Persona 4 Golden is the best Vita game ever.
Everything I would consider to be a must-play:

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havor
Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair
Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited
Dragon's Crown
Gravity Rush
Lumines: Electric Symphony
Muramasa Rebirth
Ninja Gaiden Sigma+
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2+
Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines
Persona 4 Golden
Soul Sacrifice Delta
Tearaway
Toukiden: Kiwami
Wipeout 2048
Ys: Memories of Celceta
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward

There's a great library of PSP games as well.
Agree 100% on Soul Sacrifice Delta and Lumines, two overlooked games in my opinion.
'must' will depend on your genres of preference, etc, but here's my 'best of'.... I'm leaving out a lot of games I think are 'worth playing' and focusing on ones I think are truly great. I'm also including a couple I don't personally like but know others love (P4G)

Arcade / Action:
TxK, Super Stardust Delta, Binding of Isaac, Sine Mora, Flame Over, Hotline Miami, Velocity, Velocity 2x, Crimsonland, pix the cat, aqua kitty, resogun

Casual/etc:
Lumines, Plants Vs Zombies, Pixeljunk Monsters, Surge Deluxe,

Pinball:
Pinball Arcade, Zen Pinball

Platforming
Rayman Origins,Tales from Space Mutant Blobs Attack, LBP Vita

'AAA':
Uncharted GA, Killzone Mercs, Gravity Rush, [secret shout out to Unit 13], tearaway

Racing:
Need for Speed Most Wanted, Wipeout 2048, [hear good things about Sonic & all stars but haven't played yet]

Jrgps:
there are a lot to choose from here, but tastes vary wildly.

Drgps:
Operation Abyss, Demon Gaze

Sprgs -
Natural Doctrine (many hate this game, others, including me, think it's one of the best srpgs ever made)

Remasters:
MGS, GOW, Sly

Tactical:
Frozen Synapse Prime

VNs:
zero escape VLR

Hunting Games
Toukiden, Soul Sacrifice Delta

Metroidvania:
Guacamelee!

Musou:
i've had fun with all I've tried -- DW Next, Warriors Orochi 3, etc

Sports:
don't really play them, but have heard good things about Virtual Tennis, fifa, and others...

Games I don't like but I know others love:
P4G, Muramasa Rebirth, Dragon's Crown, Atelier franchise, minecraft, Spelunky, Rogue Legacy

-leaving a lot of stuff off this list out that i sort of want to include, but...
I'll throw in a second for Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed as someone who's played it. One of the few kart series that can hold its own against Mario Kart (and maybe beat it in some areas)...and the vita port is solid.
For me personally, Sonic Transformed is probably my second favorite Kart racer behind Diddy Kong on the N64. Mario Kart is just the same old game, gen after gen. MK DS was actually one of the better ones, due to the single player challenges, but as usual, "N" takes a good idea, and throws it in a closet somewhere, to be replaced by the same old boring generic gaming options.

Transformed isn't perfect, but I played it 2 weeks straight when I first got it, and I din't scratch the surface of everything it had to offer. This for me, was the polar opposite of what MK offers. Great game.

No on wolf and yes on borderlands

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/the-wolf-among-us-ps-vita/7319014.p?id=1219265950078&skuId=7319014

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/the-walking-dead-season-two-ps-vita/7318006.p?id=1219265947907&skuId=7318006

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/mlb-14-the-show-ps-vita/4069005.p?id=1219095669891&skuId=4069005

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/borderlands-2-ps-vita/5838011.p?id=1219163972940&skuId=5838011
Thanks so much; was able to pick up one of the last copies in STL for $8!

I know I'll get flack for even suggesting Metacritic here, but I always like to review games on each platform

(Vita) sorted "All Time by Score," taking into account the "user review" column to the right.

Just in case I've missed a gem when it's on sale/clearance.

I also consider my own personal preferences both as to genre of game, and whether I'd enjoy playing portable vs on a console.

In a genre I love I might play games that are only rated mediocre, in a genre I don't care for I'll at least try any game rated above 90%.

The Vita has a LOT of great originals as well as crossplatform and remixed titles... As does the PSP and the PS1 (both 100% compatible if available on the Vita Sony Store)

I've been playing Bloodborne on my Vita mostly when I feel like playing in bed. Takes a while to adapt to the controls, but it's fully playable. Remote play is another win for the Vita.

The Wolf Among Us is absolutely worth playing- but if you can play it on anything other than a Vita, I would recommend doing so. The game is horribly optimized for the system and is choppy as hell, which is fatal for a game with QTE's.

The Wolf Among Us is absolutely worth playing- but if you can play it on anything other than a Vita, I would recommend doing so. The game is horribly optimized for the system and is choppy as hell, which is fatal for a game with QTE's.
I had heard of that, but I experienced next-to-no slowdown or lag throughout my playthrough on Vita, even during action scenes. There might have been very slight lag when scenes first loaded up, but otherwise it performed just fine. It feels like a better experience on PS4, though.

Borderlands 2 is once again available for shipping.

So what happens if I buy games with a pre order in the same purchase at best buy.com but then cancel the pre order later on? Do I just get out of paying shipping or am I not able to cancel the pre order. Unsure if I am going to pre order edf yet but if I can order it with borderlands vita with a guarentee that I can still have the option of changing my mind later and still get free shipping that'd be sweet

I'd love to get BL2 for the Vita but I'm just going to hold off and get the Handsome Collection for the PS4. Hoping for some crazy deal on Black Friday for it (already put over 100+ hours into BL2 so mainly want it for Pre-Sequel).

I'm pretty sure all the Telltale games have that issue on 360/PS3/Vita.

I picked up Tearaway at Gamestop today for roughly $15 with my birthday coupon. This is a game I thought would tank in price, yet the opposite seems to have happened. I played it when it first came out, and sold it to break even. Great game, and the condition this copy is in is mint.

I picked up Tearaway at Gamestop today for roughly $15 with my birthday coupon. This is a game I thought would tank in price, yet the opposite seems to have happened. I played it when it first came out, and sold it to break even. Great game, and the condition this copy is in is mint.

doesn't explain what the lawsuit was about. and I'm 3 months late for the cutoff :/
It's about the "misadvertisement" that Sony did about the Vita way back at launch, if I remember correctly. Personally, I thought the class action suit was reaching a bit - but I was going to sign up regardless... I never did and as you already mentioned it's now way too late.

It's about the "misadvertisement" that Sony did about the Vita way back at launch, if I remember correctly. Personally, I thought the class action suit was reaching a bit - but I was going to sign up regardless... I never did and as you already mentioned it's now way too late.
Yeah, iirc it had something to do with them advertising remote play with ps3 ... which actually came to fruition with the PS4. I don't really think it rose to the level of lawsuit / settlement either, but whatever.

Thanks for the heads up on BL2, picked up a copy. I also went ahead and dropped the 30 bucks on a GCU membership...I guess I probably should have done that quite awhile ago, right? But I actually don't buy games at Best Buy too often, I guess I will now.

The GCU applied instantly and made BL2 7.99 instead of 9.99 and since it put the total over $35 shipping became free. So I guess GCU has already paid for 5 dollars of itself. 25 to go. 

First I've seen of them too.

Saw a couple on Amazon but no way in hell I'm paying $60 for a Vita grip if that's the MSRP.
I imported it from Japan for about $30. Worth every penny. I had a reshipping service (ZenMarket) take delivery of a grip I ordered through Amazon.jp and ship it to me EMS. Whole process took about 9 days. The triggers are a bit soft and curve like a DS3's instead of a DS4's. They also have a pretty long action and have to be depressed completely to register. That said, it works perfectly for stuff like The Last of Us and Wolfenstein and it's actually a really, really comfortable grip. I leave it on while playing Vita games and things with remapped Remote Play controls Infamous, etc).

I keep waiting for this to go on sale on PSN. I regret not picking up when it was on sale a month. I wonder if it'll be free on PS+ to celebrate Tearaway PS4 version's release?

Yeah, iirc it had something to do with them advertising remote play with ps3 ... which actually came to fruition with the PS4. I don't really think it rose to the level of lawsuit / settlement either, but whatever.
Oh yeah I always wondered about that.

I had heard of that, but I experienced next-to-no slowdown or lag throughout my playthrough on Vita, even during action scenes. There might have been very slight lag when scenes first loaded up, but otherwise it performed just fine. It feels like a better experience on PS4, though.
Same here for the time I played it on Vita, again.. have not finished.

Walking dead S1 on Vita i'm at the last chapter there now, the "choppy" parts.. 100% playable. Just little annoyances really. All TellTale games are better i assume on PS4 etc, but they do fine on the Vita.

Every video i've seen of the "choppy as Hell" reviews... aren't.

Same here for the time I played it on Vita, again.. have not finished.

Walking dead S1 on Vita i'm at the last chapter there now, the "choppy" parts.. 100% playable. Just little annoyances really. All TellTale games are better i assume on PS4 etc, but they do fine on the Vita.

Every video i've seen of the "choppy as Hell" reviews... aren't.
Ya, I think the only Telltale game I've seen/played where the choppiness made the game nearly unplayable at times was Jurassic Park on the ps3 (not sure if they've patched it since). I died multiple times in that one because the game ran choppy during some precision timed segments, basically screwing you over (I think there were a few action sequences where I had to memorize what you had to do just so I could manage to do it while the game was lagging)...plus the whole end of the game pretty much ran in slow motion.

They all seem to have their performance issues here and there, but, other than that one, they run well enough for the most part from my experience.

I just got playstation tv from Groupon for $27.93 ($35.99-$10+$1.94tax+free shipping) with promo code UNLOCK10 ($10 off $20+) It will probably work for other goods, don't know if it will work for every account, ends 8/25  ( ͡° ▽ ͡°)   An okay deal I think, it was the only thing I wanted

bread's done
Back