PS3 Accessories - Bluetooth remote

doubledown

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
So, what are all the accessories for the PS3?

- Memory Card Adaptor
- Controllers
- Remote for Blu-Ray/DVD (when is this going to be released?)

I was just coming here to post about the Blu-ray remote. I wish I knew when it was coming out. I hate using the controller.

Wouldnt it be wild if Sony released a bluray remote with sixaxis functionality built into it so you could use it to control games? Take that Wii! lol

You can order the Blu-Ray remote from www.ncsx.com.
It ships like next week, or something.

Actually, should be in stock now.

blu_ray_remote_mzhop.jpg

[quote name='assasin4hire']Controller adapter is coming out soon also.(adapter for ps2 and ps1 remotes)[/QUOTE]
I've never heard of this...link?

I already have a USB adapter that sort of works for using PS2 controllers on the PS3. It was originally made for PCs, but it works.

So, when is the Blu-Ray remote supposed to be released locally? I wanted to ask for a Xmas gift, but no stores have it yet.....good job Sony

Yeah, I don't think it's going to be around in time for Christmas. I haven't even seen a listing online in the US yet.

[quote name='eau']Isn't the Six Axis controller supposed to be $49.99 MSRP? I saw them tagged with $39.99 at Game Rush.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that a GR price mistake...I may pick one up there soon. My store has two in the case.

[quote name='NamPaehc']These should be shipping today or maybe in the stores, love to hear howthe PS2/PS3 adaptor handles.[/QUOTE]

The remote should be today? Any stores have them online yet?

I picked one up for $24.95 tonight at a Gamestop but can't report on it for awhile as its all part of my "kids" xmas...yeah right, like I'm going to let them play my Resistance of Man... :)

TexTuna

How are people liking the remote? I got my PS2 infrared remote to work with a PS2-to-USB adapter, and it seems to work well for blu-ray movies, so I'm thinking of just using that for the moment.

[quote name='icruise']I already have a USB adapter that sort of works for using PS2 controllers on the PS3. It was originally made for PCs, but it works.[/QUOTE]

I'm curious to see if there's a difference between the official release that would allow me to play Guitar Hero. I sure as hell hope so.

So, anyone else get the remote? Is it worth it? I don't watch Blu-Ray that much...none yet actually. I'll eventually watch Rickie Bobbie....

I just want something new....debating on getting this.

the remote is pretty cool. I would've prefered to use my harmony remote, but thanks to Sony always trying to be different I have to use their remote also. However its still worth it even if you don't watch blu-ray movies, because if you plan on playing videos, music, and pictures on it through the hdd or memory cards it is much easier to navigate with, and I also use it to watch blu-ray movies so its even better.

Nice to hear they are in stock. I am going to try and pick one up today if anything is actually open...For those who got them, I assume they are working fine? My only issue is that from the pictures it looks like a beast, is it really big?

I finally got around to watching my (so far) lone Blue-ray DVD (Ice Age 2) with the family tonight - absolutely stunning sound and picture - just beautifull.

The remote is easy to setup (register through the PS3 menus) and easy to use and functions great. My only complaint - and it is the same complaint I have with the remote on my Sony KDS60A2000 HDTV, the damn buttons don't light up. There is absolutely nothing worse than not knowing what button to push in the movie theatre like darkness!

I have to hand it to Microsoft there, their Media Remote that comes with the HD-DVD lights up nicely.

TexTuna

Sucks about not lighting up...that is the one thing I love about my Harmony remote for my 360. Maybe a 3rd party will create one soon.

You can POWER up the PS3 with the remote though, right? Just curious.

[quote name='doubledown']
You can POWER up the PS3 with the remote though, right? Just curious.[/QUOTE]
Yes, although apparently pushing ANY button on the remote will turn on the PS3, which could be a problem if you accidentally press them.

[quote name='icruise']How are people liking the remote? I got my PS2 infrared remote to work with a PS2-to-USB adapter, and it seems to work well for blu-ray movies, so I'm thinking of just using that for the moment.[/QUOTE]

So in theory- Could I get a PS2 to USB adapter, plug it into the PS3, Plug in the PS2 infared reciever and use my Logitech Harmony remote on my PS3? That would be sweet as my PS3 is my only device that the Harmony won't work with because Sony got the bright idea of having a bluetooth remote.

As long as the Harmony is compatible with the PS2, I would think that would work. However, I did discover that the receiver plugged in via the USB adapter always defaults to controller #1, which can be a little annoying, since you have to go in and switch the wireless controller to #1 in some cases.

Are you talking about the Blu-ray Remote or the IR one? In either case, it works on just about anything, since it mimics the input of a controller.

bread's done
Back