PS3 Best Buy launch stock #'s

[quote name='jollydwarf']Congratulations on being the one millionth Internet user to make that joke...today alone![/QUOTE]

What do I win? :)

On a serious note, I agree, but the situation is what it is and I accept it. I'm gonna take off work early, and i'm taking off tommorow as well. It sucks, but that's what has to be done to acquire a PS3. I'm gonna suck it up and do it. I want a PS3 and blu-ray player.

Unfortunatley for a product such as this there will always be that Ebay black market of $1500-2000 systems. If someone is willing to buy it for that price then there will always be someone on that other side who will supply it to them because of the ridiculous profit margin.

Speaking on behalf of myself I am one of those resellers. I see it as if I am able to pick up a couple systems (probably two), then I should have the right to do what I would like to do with them. If that means sell it or keep them. I'll be selling mine because I plan on investing the profits into a small cap stock or a fairly stable mutual fund, and add to my current portfolio. This is a very easy opportunity to make a quick $3,000, and at my age (nearing 21) that is quite a bit of money to me.

[quote name='jollydwarf']Congratulations on being the one millionth Internet user to make that joke...today alone![/quote]

Please take this to the shopping morality thread. Cheapy has said on numerous occasions that DEAL THREADS are not the place to talk about this.

Well, thanks for pointing that out. I make no apologies for what I have said or who I have pissed off, but I'm not enough of a 'regular' here to know about said "morality threads". Keep this in mind in the future, I will.

aint somebody a bit cranky today cuz he cant afford a ps3...

Uh, my finances have essentially NOTHING to do with it. I got a 360 last November, and am getting a Wii this Sunday. I don't need a console with a 90% redundant* and/or uninspired launch lineup and I don't have the fucking time for it, either. Give me Ratchet & Clank and Metal Gear Solid and a couple other exclusives and I'll get it next Christmas.

Then again, I expect this sort of oversimplication cheapshot, complete with poor grammar and punctuation, from a message board. So thanks for getting the inevitable out of the way sooner than later.

(Taps out.)

*--That is, for those of us with a 360 and many of the top-tier titles so far.

jollydwarf FTW

On another note, gonna head out in a bit to see what the local lines at BB and CC look like. I myself, won't be going out until Wii launch Sunday.

[quote name='jollydwarf']Then again, I expect this sort of oversimplication cheapshot, complete with poor grammar and punctuation, from a message board. [/quote]

wow kid...wow...so what...am i writing some sort of term paper that even on a forum i'm supposed to use correct grammer and punctuations? wow...you just made me speechless kid...:drool:

my friends really want me to go for a campout with them.. but I guess.. my time (and effort) to me.. is worth a bit more than camping for three days I guess. .man.. i wish I was young again.... back then my time was a lot cheaper than now :)

i'll make more money going to work than saving money by camping out for 3 days...and also whats the point of buying a system if it has a poor starting lineup of games...

On another note, gonna head out in a bit to see what the local lines at BB and CC look like. I myself, won't be going out until Wii launch Sunday.

Same here, although I'm also going to be hiding under the covers for all of Thursday and Friday morning. I just have this vision of rolling up around an area of commerce early Friday afternoon and seeing smoldering debris and a scene pulled right out of Gears of War. Oh, and a disconsolate Best Buy checkout clerk sobbing in the fetal position up against the remnants of her store that was there just a couple hours ago.

I really wonder how much the failure rate of PS3 seekers is going to cause them to spill over onto the Wii scene two days later. My sense tells me quite a bit.

P.S. I am anything but a "kid", for the record.

I would so be calling in sick Friday. I have a friend who works part time at TRU. She crossed out this Friday - told them no way in hell is she working Friday.

[quote name='jollydwarf']On another note, gonna head out in a bit to see what the local lines at BB and CC look like. I myself, won't be going out until Wii launch Sunday.

Same here, although I'm also going to be hiding under the covers for all of Thursday and Friday morning. I just have this vision of rolling up around an area of commerce early Friday afternoon and seeing smoldering debris and a scene pulled right out of Gears of War. Oh, and a disconsolate Best Buy checkout clerk sobbing in the fetal position up against the remnants of her store that was there just a couple hours ago.

I really wonder how much the failure rate of PS3 seekers is going to casue them to spill over onto the Wii scene two days later. My sense tells me quite a bit.

P.S. I am anything but a "kid", for the record.[/QUOTE]

I went to one of my local Best Buys today at 6am. I was so happy no one was there, that was till I started setting up camp and a guy came out and said no camping till 8am tomorrow. :(

[quote name='sageice']I went to one of my local Best Buys today at 6am. I was so happy no one was there, that was till I started setting up camp and a guy came out and said no camping till 8am tomorrow. :([/QUOTE]

I'd be wary about that personally. I was told that same BS yesterday.

I was at two different BestBuys yesterday in NYC. The one on 44th and 5th Ave and the one in Noho. There were no campers as of yesterday afternoon. The one in Noho told me that they would not allow camping until 11am Thursday. The one in Midtown said no camping until Thursday as well. Well, today, I was just out for lunch and I stroll by BestBuy in Noho, and my God, it's a warzone....campers everywhere....down the block on the sidewalk. I spoke to both the security, asst. manager and manager who all assured me yesterday that there would be no camping. They said that a bunch of people just showed up and parked their butts on the sidewalk and set up shop, and there is nothing that they can do about it because they down't own the sidewalk. Cops aren't helping either.

I then went to the Midtown store, there they have an official line and everything, with gated barricades. I'm so disgusted about it. I would have taken off work to go camp out, but I was told that they would not allow it. I just got fed up with it and went home, not even worth the aggravation anymore.

The Cuyahoga Falls Best Buy, i.e. one of the eighteen 'Midnight Opening' stores, already has--in a dismal, demoralizing, and driving rain--a wallful of linesitters. I only saw it from a distance, but I'd have to guess it's at 100, with a margin of error of +/- 20.

I mean, they're not getting nearly that many, are they? Aren't these people being educated about the store numbers? Is Best Buy really that cruel as to let these people (even if they are lowlifes by and large) stay out there for dozens of hours on end for nothing (except that great 360 deal!)?? Will anyone be surprised when these people go on a rampage and tear the store apart when they find out they've waited for naught??

In my opinion, the would-be hoarders deserve what they get, but in the interest of everyone's safety and well-being, they also deserve their fair 'distant early warning'.

You're welcome, Rush fans. The boards weigh on my shoulders, but what am I to do?

I have an exam tomorrow, so I NEED to go to campus. Sucks. No way in hell by the time I get out of the exam I'll be able to find a decent place in any lines. Went to the target near my campus, and there were ALREADY 5 people in line. They were there at 3:00. According to the store people I talked to, one of em had been there when they opened this morning.

[quote name='atane']I'd be wary about that personally. I was told that same BS yesterday.

I was at two different BestBuys yesterday in NYC. The one on 44th and 5th Ave and the one in Noho. There were no campers as of yesterday afternoon. The one in Noho told me that they would not allow camping until 11am Thursday. The one in Midtown said no camping until Thursday as well. Well, today, I was just out for lunch and I stroll by BestBuy in Noho, and my God, it's a warzone....campers everywhere....down the block on the sidewalk. I spoke to both the security, asst. manager and manager who all assured me yesterday that there would be no camping. They said that a bunch of people just showed up and parked their butts on the sidewalk and set up shop, and there is nothing that they can do about it because they down't own the sidewalk. Cops aren't helping either.

I then went to the Midtown store, there they have an official line and everything, with gated barricades. I'm so disgusted about it. I would have taken off work to go camp out, but I was told that they would not allow it. I just got fed up with it and went home, not even worth the aggravation anymore.[/QUOTE]

That is what I am afraid of. I called just now and they are still sticking to their story of no camping till 8am tomorrow, but I am gonna go tonight around 9 and wait till they close up then sit down. The problem here in cali is all the best buys are on private property so they can call the cops, but I am hoping they won't.

So according to my friend who knows a BB guy - His store has 50 people camping and they are only getting 25. And he's not allowed to tell them the numbers so they wait outside until the morning. Whoops

bread's done
Back