PS3 scheduled for $100 price drop to $499.99 after E3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='LinkinPrime']I want some know after looking at your avatar and sig :lol:[/QUOTE]

"Know?" Are we living in the age of enlightenment? Does this look like the Renaissance?

[quote name='Chacrana']"Know?" Are we living in the age of enlightenment? Does this look like the Renaissance?[/QUOTE]
:lol:

You sure are good at being a smartass

[quote name='whoknows']I like milk...but not skim milk, that stuff is nasty.[/QUOTE]

Kinda. Nothing ruins Cocoa Puffs more. Speaking of which, I haven't had any Cocoa Puffs today, which is disappointing.

[quote name='whoknows']:lol:

You sure are good at being a smartass
[/QUOTE]

When necessary. Not that it was... necessary here. But... well, y'know.

I bet you spent 10 minutes on that post, just to make sure I wouldn't be able to give you shit about it.

Okay, later -- have a nice day.

[quote name='Chacrana']I bet you spent 10 minutes on that post, just to make sure I wouldn't be able to give you shit about it.

Okay, later -- have a nice day.[/quote]

If posting 4 min after your post = 10, then yes.

[quote name='MarioColbert']. . .on a forum where cheapness of its subscribers is in its very name, I'd expect celebration in any price cut announcement.[/QUOTE]

As someone that has to live within a budget, I'm quite surprised that so many people here apparently find it so easy to spend $500 plus on any game console.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']If posting 4 min after your post = 10, then yes.[/QUOTE]

It was an expression, but it's good to see that yes, you did take the time to avoid the fell swoop of my assholery*.

*Not a real word.

[quote name='whoknows']Of course.

I don't think ANY of the 3 consoles is worth it for a single game or a couple of games. There has to be a large selection of good games to play and NONE of the systems has a big selection of great games yet, especially great exclusive games.

I chose the PS3 because no, it doesnt have a huge selection of great games yet, but it has a few, especially since I dont own (nor do I plan to own) a 360. In the coming years, PS3 is what I'll want to have based off of the Exclusive games coming to it. I love the 1st and 2nd party properties Sony has From Ratchet and Jak to the new properties that look amazing like Uncharted.

I'm sure others chose the Wii/360 for the same reasons, but I personally am not very big into shooters or racers so the 360 is obviously not for me. Especially with it's failure rate and lack of being able to connect wirelessly online right out of the box. That was a huge plus with the PS3 for me since I have no means to connect from where the console is placed.

The Wii, well...I'm sure I'll want one eventually (definitely by the time Brawl comes out) but as of now, there really isn't anything for me. Metroid will be fantastic and I'm sure there will be a few others I'm interested in as well. And again, the ability to connect wirelessly right out of the box is a huge plus for me.[/QUOTE]

Okay, well, reverse this and you can see why someone still thinks paying $500 for a PS3 is too much.

[quote name='zewone']Okay, well, reverse this and you can see why someone still thinks paying $500 for a PS3 is too much.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I get it.

I have more I could say, but it's pretty pointless to do so since this is the internet.

[quote name='Chacrana']It was an expression, but it's good to see that yes, you did take the time to avoid the fell swoop of my assholery*.

*Not a real word.[/quote]

Damn dude, you should have quit while you were ahead. It makes it harder for me to stay out of this thread. Never thought you were such an ass, I'm attacking a console here based on what my gaming needs are, and you direct your attack towards me. Wow :applause:!

This is why everyone thinks Sony fanboys are just...fanboys.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Damn dude, you should have quit while you were ahead. It makes it harder for me to stay out of this thread. Never thought you were such an ass, I'm attacking a console here based on what my gaming needs are, and you direct your attack towards me. Wow :applause:![/quote]Why attack a console in the first place? If it doesn't suit your needs, that's fine.
Move on then, nothing to see here.

[quote name='MaxBiaggi3']As someone that has to live within a budget, I'm quite surprised that so many people here apparently find it so easy to spend $500 plus on any game console.[/quote]

Just for clarity's sake: I can't afford a $500 console, either. However $100 less is just that: $100 less. And that's "good" as far as I'm concerned.

I must have missed the memo which stated that every time someone posts a bit of news in a forum, I must immediately respond with the most negative thing I have to say about it. StartCraft II announcement? "Boo, not WarCraft IV / StarCraft MMO / DIablo III." Metroid Prime 3 Release Date Announced? "Boo, graphics sucks, controls sucks, first two games sucks [sic], Nintendo sucks." Manhunt 2 banned / cencored to shit? "It looked bad, so cencorship is awesome!" PS3 is $100 cheaper. "HD DVD > BluRay. Wii > PS3. 360! Wii! PS3! BAD GAMES! No Games! What games?"

Hmm....

[quote name='dallow']Why attack a console in the first place? If it doesn't suit your needs, that's fine.
Move on then, nothing to see here.[/quote]
The discussion here is about the price drop. If you already own one, why are you here? Why do you feel the need to defend the console? I'm simply comenting on the price drop and why I think its still too high. Doesn't matter what you throw at me, the fact is that PS3 is lagging behind, Sony's arrogance finally backfires, and to top it off Sony reports today that they have no plans to drop the PS3's price, yet a poster above has proof that Target already has.

Keep it coming though this is entertaining :D

[quote name='whoknows']Oh for fucks sake.

Where's a mod to lock the thread when you need one?[/quote]

Its a discussion thread, get over it.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Its a discussion thread, get over it.[/QUOTE]
It's a discussion that has been going nowhere. Only thing going on is one person attacking another who is attacking a piece of plastic. It was an ok thread for the first page or so, but now its time to put it down.

I should have listened to Colbert....

Of course Sony is denying it. All companies deny it until official press release time.

I'm in this thread to comment that a price drop is a good thing.
You act like it's bad! Not enough for ya? Alright, just say so, don't go attacking like a fanboy or Linkin Park nerd. tee hee

250087198_5b3daf6605.jpg

PS3 price drop you say? Hopefully it will move consoles, and give Sony some more tangible next gen market share.

Its starting to look like Sony is listening to their potential customers.. thats a good sign!

[quote name='dallow']I should have listened to Colbert....

Of course Sony is denying it. All companies deny it until official press release time.

I'm in this thread to comment that a price drop is a good thing.
You act like it's bad! Not enough for ya? Alright, just say so, don't go attacking like a fanboy or Linkin Park nerd. tee hee[/quote]

Here we go again with the cheap shots... Why do I feel like I'm trying to start a smart discussion but only 12 year olds are responding :roll:

Read my previous posts before you put your foot in your mouth.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Damn dude, you should have quit while you were ahead. It makes it harder for me to stay out of this thread. Never thought you were such an ass, I'm attacking a console here based on what my gaming needs are, and you direct your attack towards me. Wow :applause:!

This is why everyone thinks Sony fanboys are just...fanboys.[/QUOTE]

Naw, I wasn't attacking you so much as I was making fun of your typos because I was bored. Relax. I don't particularly care which system you like, honestly. And as for being a Sony fanboy... eh, not so much.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Here we go again with the cheap shots... Why do I feel like I'm trying to start a smart discussion but only 12 year olds are responding :roll:

Read my previous posts before you put your foot in your mouth.[/quote]
Read Colbert's post.
You'll notice I replied to your post, AND THEN said, in effect, that Linkin Park sucks. ;)
Wasn't just blind name calling.

[quote name='dallow']Read Colbert's post.
You'll notice I replied to your post, AND THEN said, in effect, that Linkin Park sucks. ;)
Wasn't just blind name calling.[/quote]

Ok then...I get it now...next time quote to avoid confussion pls.

[quote name='dallow']Read Colbert's post.[/quote]

Dude, most people here have me on ignore. For good reason, too. And for the record, this is the worst advice you can ever offer anyone. Ever.

[quote name='MarioColbert']Dude, most people here have me on ignore. For good reason, too. And for the record, this is the worst advice you can ever offer anyone. Ever.[/quote]:D

[quote name='whoknows']I just got a bottle of Mt Dew to drink while I'm "working"

Delicious[/QUOTE]

I just had some Kool Aid. It was good, though left a bit to be desired.

[quote name='Chacrana']I just had some Kool Aid. It was good, though left a bit to be desired.[/QUOTE]
I want some Kool Aid. If made right, it's the best thing ever.

I wish McDonalds had Pepsi products. They have Extra Large drinks for 69 cents...but your choices are pretty much Coke or Diet Coke

[quote name='Chacrana']I just had some Kool Aid. It was good, though left a bit to be desired.[/quote]

that's probobly because it's not grape.

Everytime a thread goes from 'super tense bickering' into OTT style derailing.
I feel like I'm on the ocean, floating on my back, with the gentle waves bobbing me up and down.

[quote name='Dingleberry']that's probobly because it's not grape.[/QUOTE]

It was Tropical Punch. It's good, but no matter how it's prepared, it still can't hold a candle to cherry. I've never had grape though. Perhaps I should try that.

[quote name='dallow']Everytime a thread goes from 'super tense bickering' into OTT style derailing.
I feel like I'm on the ocean, floating on my back, with the gentle waves bobbing me up and down.[/QUOTE]

Heh, yeah, it's nice. It's like "hey, stop fighting gais!" Let's be friends. And actually, it ends up being the people who aren't douchebags talking about whatever and the annoying folks just pack up and leave. So it's effective.

I think it's just whoknows and myself that do this frequently though. We need further participation!

Well, I had a nice bottle of Jones Soda today. Green Apple flavor.

It was delightful shade of green, and my lunch that much better.
And the picture on the bottle is of a cat relaxing.

[quote name='dallow']Well, I had a nice bottle of Jones Soda today. Green Apple flavor.

It was delightful shade of green, and my lunch that much better.
And the picture on the bottle is of a cat relaxing.[/QUOTE]
I can't remember the last time I drank Jones Soda. I think I found it to taste good, but I never got it again...I wonder why.

I've never actually had the chicken sandwich. I really should try it though, because I love me some chicken. I usually just get the nuggets, which I like a lot.

So, with the news that Target has dropped the PS3 to $500, the big question is do I spend this $500 sitting in my pocket on a PS3, or on 500 popcorn/drink combo meals at the Target cafeteria? I mean, I know the PS3 is a comprehensive entertainment device, but I don't think it makes popcorn just yet.

And no, I don't really have $500 sitting in my pocket ;).

And of course, I type this AS Trakan tells us to stay on topic - I swear, it wasn't there while I composed!

Anyway, on topic - I'm actually 50/50 on getting a PS3 now at the new price (from Gamecrazy though - assuming they follow along with the drop soon enough). Because I actually DO have $500 in Gamecrazy credit sitting in my pocket!

Ban them all.

[quote name='Trakan']We already got an OTT, and a gaming OTT. No more off topic discussion please.[/quote]

[quote name='io']So, with the news that Target has dropped the PS3 to $500, the big question is do I spend this $500 sitting in my pocket on a PS3, or on 500 popcorn/drink combo meals at the Target cafeteria? I mean, I know the PS3 is a comprehensive entertainment device, but I don't think it makes popcorn just yet.

And no, I don't really have $500 sitting in my pocket ;).[/QUOTE]

That popcorn at Target is reeeeeeeeely good. It's a tough call.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back