PS3/Sony Bravia HDTV package deals at Best Buy

yeah-yeah

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I'm no fan of Best Buy, but these PS3/Bravia deals are impressive:

Best Buy PS3/HDTV Package Deals

There are three TVs available: a 46" 240 Hz Bravia, a 46" 240 Hz 3D Bravia, and a a 55" 240 Hz 3D Bravia. The PS3s are the 160 GB models with Gran Turismo 5. The Blu-Ray version of 'Grown Ups' is included also. Prices vary depending on the TV model chosen, but all yield impressive savings.

I haven't seen any talk about these packages, so I figured I'd post a link in case people missed them.

[quote name='Darknyss']The NX810 is better than the LX900. LX900 is all about style over function. LX900 is normal edge lit and the NX810 has dynamic edge lighting (edge local dimming). The LX900 also has an integrated 3D sensor which can be a seen as a negative since you can't position it as needed.[/QUOTE]Good points. I was thinking of the NX800 not the NX810, and yes, it's gotten better than the LX900 with the new version. Still edge lit, even if it has local dimming.

[quote name='Stryffe2004']Well yes and no. The PS3 can't do 3D in 1080p. Correct me if I am wrong but it is either 720p or 540p. If you want to watch movies more than you play games, a stand alone 3D blu ray player is going to give you better movie performace. It may not be as big of an issue on a smaller screen, but when you hit 50" plus, they is going to be a picture quality hit. If you want to play games, then obviously the PS3 is going to give you more bang for your buck.[/QUOTE]Max it'll do is 720p, though as most PS3 games are 720p, it's not an issue for gaming. For 3D BD titles, that's a different matter. It's due to it being HDMI 1.3 only and not HDMI 1.4 that it's limited on bandwidth to do 720p max for 3D.

If you did a lot of movies in 3D, I'd recommend a 3D BD player in addition to a PS3, mainly to get the full effect on a 50+" TV.

Back in July, Amazon had a deal for a Samsung UNC467000 LED 3D TV, Samsung BD-6900, and a 3D Starter Kit 9 (2 glasses + Monsters vs Aliens) for $1749. Can't beat that price, considering I didn't pay tax and they delivered and set up the TV for free.

I couldn't be happier with the purchase. Black OPs and GT5 look amazing in 3D!

I had read in the AVS forum that the PS3 3D BD player is the same as almost all BD players.

Check out this topic:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1291169

When playing a 3D BD, you get 1920x1080 per eye at 24 frames/sec. Same as any other 3D BD player. What you don't get is lossless audio like DTS-MA or Dolby TruHD. You only get digital audio from the optical/digital audio output like DD5.1 or DTS5.1.

When playing 3D games from a 3D BD, max resolution is 1280x720 per eye at 60 frames/sec.

also i forgot to mention, amazon has gotten rid of its white glove service. i was a little peeved when the delivery people didnt set it up or even stay for me to test it out. setting it up wasn't a big deal but it was one of the reasons i bought it from amazon. maybe i will dish out an angry phone call later even though it wont make a difference

[quote name='shrike4242']

Max it'll do is 720p, though as most PS3 games are 720p, it's not an issue for gaming. For 3D BD titles, that's a different matter. It's due to it being HDMI 1.3 only and not HDMI 1.4 that it's limited on bandwidth to do 720p max for 3D.

If you did a lot of movies in 3D, I'd recommend a 3D BD player in addition to a PS3, mainly to get the full effect on a 50+" TV.[/QUOTE]

Funny how Wipeout HD is an actual 1080p game, but then downgraded when it is put in 3d mode.

I wouldn't jump into 3D until a 3D format is settled on and the prices on the TVs and glasses (if they final format even requires them) come down.

[quote name='Rictor']I wouldn't jump into 3D until a 3D format is settled on and the prices on the TVs and glasses (if they final format even requires them) come down.[/QUOTE]

I don't think this is like HD-DVD and Blu Ray or VHS and Beta. 3D Blu Ray movies pretty much work on any 3D enabled player and while the glasses and their technologies vary by manufacturer, it's not like you will have an issue playing a movie on any 3D enabled set just because the glasses are different. Yes, you can't take your Sony glasses over to a friend's house with a Panasonic, but that's not very realistic anyway. Obviously, prices will be coming down at some point, but it's not like Sony's technology will beat Panasonic's or Samsung's and even if it does sales wise, it doesn't impact someone who buys early since the basic specs require that the software work on any 3d capable player and television.

[quote name='msu89dawgs']It would be a better deal if they'd throw in some 3D glasses with the 3D TV bundles, since with the PS3 you could watch 3D Blu-rays and play games in 3D. The glasses you need to get 3D functionality from the TV/PS3 combo aren't cheap ($150 a pair on BB's web site).[/QUOTE]
the 3D tv's at bestbuy include the glasses sync transmitter and movie all in a box. just bought one on black friday. KDL55HX800 sony bravia LED/LCD 3D TV,3D starter bundle which includes two battery active shutter glasses, a sync transmitter and a copy of alice in wonderland in 3D, a ps3 , 4 year warranty for the tv, all for $2695.29 tax included. now i will return to the store and demand my copy of gran turismo5 and grown ups bluray's.

Someone locally just got the bestbuy deal with the PS3/ Gran Turismo bundle and had no interest in the ps3. Picked it up from them for $275, not too shabby.

I need to find someone in my friends list who wants a TV but no console, and figure out a deal with him. Dont really need another TV.

Sony is trying to save it's struggling TV division
There's much better brands then Sony right now for an LCD TV, it's not worth getting a lower quality set just to get this deal

bread's done
Back