PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mpaullin']Haha. I've had my PS3 since launch and had to redownload all of my content after a YLOD last December. I was at about 1700 items then. Took me a good two weeks solid to get everything.[/QUOTE]

yep my original launch system YLOD back in April, that is why I had to re-download everything to my new PS3 slim

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Awww, 300+ items? I feel so bad for you. I have almost 1,300 items.[/QUOTE]

I hardly ever download anything besides games and game demos and I didn't fully embrace full game downloads on PSN until late last year. Another thing is I don't bother with avatars, themes, etc. that is why my download list is short when compared to others

[quote name='wrencrest']Oh yeah, fond memories playing Double Dragon with the boyz in the hood! I think it is cool that they start the same way the original did...by punching the girl in the stomach and walking off with her. Not so sure I would have expected them to keep that in today's politically correct world.[/QUOTE]

The gut punch isn't shocking. Back then, Marion was the girlfriend to both Billy and Jimmy. Now that probably wouldn't fly today.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Sorry, I'm an idiot. I've actually never played a second of any JS game. I have JSRF (I think) for the original Xbox but haven't ever plugged it in. Since they're named kind of oddly (JSR, JSRF, Jet Grind Radio) I get them confused all the time.[/QUOTE]
No worries. :) All you've gotta remember are Jet Set Radio and its sequel Jet Set Radio Future, since "Jet Grind Radio" is just another name for the original Jet Set Radio that's no longer used (much like "Dragon Quest" vs "Dragon Warrior").

I'm reeaally hoping for an early update today. I have the next three hours free, and after that I'll be busy with classes/a group meeting until the late evening.. need some JSR asap.

I have a 1TB hdd and im down to 320gb already.

Also quick question guys.

Should i invest into Borderlands DLC content or should i hold off since Borderlands 2 is coming out next week.

[quote name='doc_j88']

Should i invest into Borderlands DLC content or should i hold off since Borderlands 2 is coming out next week.[/QUOTE]

don't buy something unless you know you're going to play it

this site is called cheap ass gamer, not cheap ass hoarder:lol:

[quote name='tylerh1701']The game is awesome, but I actually liked the novels and the movie better than the game. One huge license of awesomeness.[/QUOTE]

Novels> game> movie. But your last sentence is accurate. Loved all three

[quote name='Barry Burton']don't buy something unless you know you're going to play it

this site is called cheap ass gamer, not cheap ass hoarder:lol:[/QUOTE]We're talking about DLC here though. And this is probably the cheapest you're going to find it. So unless you plan on getting the Borderlands GOTY edition sometime later on, and you still intend to play the original Borderlands, I'd go for it.

[quote name='doc_j88']
Should i invest into Borderlands DLC content or should i hold off since Borderlands 2 is coming out next week.[/QUOTE]

Only General Knoxx and Zombie Island of Dr. Ned are really worth your time (assuming you will still be pining for more Borderlands once you've completed the main game, some people get burnt out on the grind). Moxxie and Robot Revolution can and should be skipped.

[quote name='Josh1billion']No worries. :) All you've gotta remember are Jet Set Radio and its sequel Jet Set Radio Future, since "Jet Grind Radio" is just another name for the original Jet Set Radio that's no longer used (much like "Dragon Quest" vs "Dragon Warrior").

I'm reeaally hoping for an early update today. I have the next three hours free, and after that I'll be busy with classes/a group meeting until the late evening.. need some JSR asap.[/QUOTE]

Makes sense, thanks. :)

[quote name='Barry Burton']don't buy something unless you know you're going to play it

this site is called cheap ass gamer, not cheap ass hoarder:lol:[/QUOTE]

This guy...smh

[quote name='shadowkast']Novels> game> movie. But your last sentence is accurate. Loved all three[/QUOTE]

For me it's Novels > Movie > Game. I definitely thought the movie was funny as hell. But I saw the movie before reading the novels, whereas if it was the other way around I may feel differently.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Hoping to see some price drops/sales on vita or psp titles...

Escape Plan looks fun but not worth 14.99 IMO

Also, has NFL blitz EVER gone on sale/??[/QUOTE]

No, to your last question.

[quote name='ECisMe']Only General Knoxx and Zombie Island of Dr. Ned are really worth your time (assuming you will still be pining for more Borderlands once you've completed the main game, some people get burnt out on the grind). Moxxie and Robot Revolution can and should be skipped.[/QUOTE]

I thought Robot Revolution was ok. Zombie Island was my favorite and Knoxx is good too. Moxie is 100% skippable.

[quote name='tylerh1701']

This guy...smh
[/QUOTE]

this guy, thinks he's saving money while buying an endless amount games that he'll never play... smh

Full Game Trial EA SPORTS FIFA Street

Instant Game Collection
Double Dragon Neon
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World The Game

Exclusive Free Avatars

Double Dragon Neon – Billy Lee Avatar
Double Dragon Neon – Double Dragons Avatar
Double Dragon Neon – Jimmy Lee Avatar
Double Dragon Neon – Lee Brothers Avatar
Double Dragon Neon – Linda Avatar
Double Dragon Neon – Skullmageddon Avatar
Double Dragon Neon – Skullmageddon Logo Avatar

Early Access Jet Set Radio (10% Off) – PS Plus Price: $8.99

Discounts Max Payne 3 (33% Off) – PS Plus Price: $40.49
Max Payne 3 Bundle (10% Off) – PS Plus Price: $60.74

Last Chance (Leaving on 9/18) Jet Set Radio Early Access + Discount (10% off) – PS Plus Price $8.99
Max Payne 3 (10% off) – PS Plus Price $40.49
Greed Corp (75% off) – PS Plus Price $2.50
Daytona USA (40% off) – PS Plus Price $2.99

I was happy to see Double Dragon Neon launched today, then I realized that I get to download it for free. I've only been a PS+ subscriber for a few weeks now, and its already paying off. Might as well check out Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, as well.

Valkyria Chronicles DLC price drop! It may be time to bite on those. :)

Here's hoping for a VC patch that includes Trophy support and PS Vita Remote Play next... in my dreams, right?

robot revolution (and most of the DLCs) werent set up properly, if you had a char that was too high they wouldn't level to your char on PT1.

Sony should have had all ps3 retail games patch in trophies, I know I would have bought at least 10 more.

Still waiting for the PS2 classic GTA III. Yeah I got it for the PC and iPhone/iPad respectively but it's taking this long for a "licensing issue" to be resolved?

I was almost done with GTA III when I had it for the PS2 until my 3rd party mega memory card corrupted the save file. Haven't played it since then :lol:

Honest question - is there anyone that cares about early access to games? I can kinda understand the e-peen value of it in mp heavy games (although no matter what _someone_ will always have more wins/kills/etc than you within 24 hours), but JSR? It's always weird to me when I see 'early access' or 'exclusive theme' type deals scrolling across the ps3 ticker like it'll generate any excitement, but maybe I'm missing the point.

Also, I'm sure I'll get bumped off the page again, but anyone know who I can contact if I didn't get my PS Play credit email?

[quote name='handsomepete']Honest question - is there anyone that cares about early access to games? I can kinda understand the e-peen value of it in mp heavy games (although no matter what _someone_ will always have more wins/kills/etc than you within 24 hours), but JSR? It's always weird to me when I see 'early access' or 'exclusive theme' type deals scrolling across the ps3 ticker like it'll generate any excitement, but maybe I'm missing the point.

Also, I'm sure I'll get bumped off the page again, but anyone know who I can contact if I didn't get my PS Play credit email?[/QUOTE]
They did it to get the game before XBLA gets it the same way that Microsoft will occasionally release MP stuff the Friday before it comes out on PSN.

Here are the new deals for this week (Full Update Here):

PS3
Battlefield 3 Premium Edition - $59.99 - Full Game + Premium + Head Start Kit
Max Payne 3 - $44.99
Max Payne 3 Bundle - $67.49 - Full Game + Season Pass
Sky Fighters - $4.99

Minis
Stick Man Rescue - $2.99 - Permanent Price Drop

PlayStation Plus

Deals
Jet Set Radio - $8.99 - 10% Off
Max Payne 3 - $40.49 - 32.5% Off
Max Payne 3 Bundle - $60.74 - 32.5% Off

Games
Double Dragon Neon
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World

Full Game Trials
FIFA Street - 4.5 GB

Double Dragon Neon (7)

Expiring for PS+ Next Week:

Deals
Daytona USA - $2.99
Greed Corp. - $2.50
Jet Set Radio - $8.99
Max Payne 3 - $40.49

Added to the Vita's PS Store:

PS1 Classics
Dead in the Water
Dirt Jockey
Harvest Moon: Back to Nature
Jigsaw Madness
Mass Destruction
Mobile Lightforce
Monster Bass!
N20 Nitrous Oxide
One
Perfect Weapon
Reel Fishing
Reel Fishing 2
Reloaded
Sorcerer’s Maze
Ten Pin Alley
TNN Motorsports Hardcore 4×4
XS Airboat Racing
XS Junior League Dodgeball
XS Junior League Football
XS Junior League Soccer
XS Moto

i thought microsoft had some kind of nazi policy that happened recently that plainly stated if any game wants to be cross platform with microsofts participation they had to:

1. get the game first or at the same exact time
2. have the same amount of content on the disc if not more (dlc doesnt count apparently)

Does anyone remember if the Zen Tables ever have gone on sale? Really want to bite on the Plants vs Zombies and the two marvel table bundles, but I am sure as soon as I buy they will go on sale.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']i thought microsoft had some kind of nazi policy that happened recently that plainly stated if any game wants to be cross platform with microsofts participation they had to:

1. get the game first or at the same exact time
2. have the same amount of content on the disc if not more (dlc doesnt count apparently)[/QUOTE]

I've heard that too, not sure exactly how true it is. Obviously it's not 100% set in stone or else games like this and The Expendables wouldn't be on XBLA. Joe Danger is another one that comes to mind, though it kind of sounds like MS has kinda stolen away Hello Games from Sony, as the JD sequel is a 360 exclusive at this point.

[quote name='cancerman1120']http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/09...+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Well at least Double Dragon Neon is free for PS+

3/10

Well Game Informer gives it a 8.25/10 so maybe there is hope

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/d...-rescue-marian-and-their-dusty-franchise.aspx[/QUOTE]
Joystick had a favorable review too, so overall its probably a solid little mindless brawler. I cant wait to try it out. I might actually play some tonight if I can get some time away from the wife and kid before I pass out.

[quote name='cancerman1120']http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/09...+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Well at least Double Dragon Neon is free for PS+

3/10

Well Game Informer gives it a 8.25/10 so maybe there is hope

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/d...-rescue-marian-and-their-dusty-franchise.aspx[/QUOTE]

[quote name='wrencrest']Joystick had a favorable review too, so overall its probably a solid little mindless brawler. I cant wait to try it out. I might actually play some tonight if I can get some time away from the wife and kid before I pass out.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Joystiq gave it essentially a 9/10.

[quote name='theblizzman']Does anyone remember if the Zen Tables ever have gone on sale? Really want to bite on the Plants vs Zombies and the two marvel table bundles, but I am sure as soon as I buy they will go on sale.[/QUOTE]

Yeah they've been on sale a couple times. PvZ just came out, so I don't think that one will go on sale right away.

[quote name='handsomepete']Honest question - is there anyone that cares about early access to games? I can kinda understand the e-peen value of it in mp heavy games (although no matter what _someone_ will always have more wins/kills/etc than you within 24 hours), but JSR? It's always weird to me when I see 'early access' or 'exclusive theme' type deals scrolling across the ps3 ticker like it'll generate any excitement, but maybe I'm missing the point.

Also, I'm sure I'll get bumped off the page again, but anyone know who I can contact if I didn't get my PS Play credit email?[/QUOTE]

I absolutely do not give a shit. Same goes for early access demos and betas too. I definitely don't understand the people who go ape shit when they get a retail game before the street date.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I absolutely do not give a shit. Same goes for early access demos and betas too. I definitely don't understand the people who go ape shit when they get a retail game before the street date.[/QUOTE]
Same here. Crazy people.

Also, I was reading that IGN review of Double Dragon Neon and watched the video of a quick history of DD. I never knew they made more than 2! Apparently even in the early 90s people like to milk franchises way past their prime. And where was I when they made a live action movie with Alisa Milano!?! I feel like a missed a lot here!

[quote name='theblizzman']Does anyone remember if the Zen Tables ever have gone on sale? Really want to bite on the Plants vs Zombies and the two marvel table bundles, but I am sure as soon as I buy they will go on sale.[/QUOTE]

The Cap and FF tables were like 1.50 at one point when they gave out Marvel Pinball for PS+. Dunno about the rest, though.

word of caution to anal trophy hunters, jet set radio requires you to beat the tutorial, which is actually the hardest trophy there is, you have to get a 50 trick combo which requires a ton of luck patience and skill. weird that the tutorial is so bogus but meh.

[quote name='wrencrest']Same here. Crazy people.

Also, I was reading that IGN review of Double Dragon Neon and watched the video of a quick history of DD. I never knew they made more than 2! Apparently even in the early 90s people like to milk franchises way past their prime. And where was I when they made a live action movie with Alisa Milano!?! I feel like a missed a lot here![/QUOTE]

Last time I checked they had it on Netflix view instantly if you are a subscriber. Full of early 90s cheesy awfulness but fun to watch because of it

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I absolutely do not give a shit. Same goes for early access demos and betas too. I definitely don't understand the people who go ape shit when they get a retail game before the street date.[/QUOTE]

I subbed to PSPlus for 3 months JUST to get JSR a week early. I probably would only do that for games I truly, truly, truly loved.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']word of caution to anal trophy hunters, jet set radio requires you to beat the tutorial, which is actually the hardest trophy there is, you have to get a 50 trick combo which requires a ton of luck patience and skill. weird that the tutorial is so bogus but meh.[/QUOTE]I think what bugs me is that on PSN, there's only 9 trophies for JSR, while on XBLA, there's 30 achievements. That's over 3 times what the PSN version has. Not to mention, I just learned that Double Dragon Neon only has 13 trophies compared to XBLA's 30 achievements. Maybe it's because of how scoring works with trophies on PSN, but kind of annoys me considering up until now, most downloadable games on both systems had the exact same lists, but now all of a sudden, they can be quite different.

im very disappointed in this version of jet set radio.. controls and camera are just... horrid. maybe i just dont remember the dc version all that well but omg. this is a pain to play.

From what I understand, the camera was redone, as you didn't have manual control over the original. You could only recenter it with the same button that was used for tagging. Being able to use the 2nd analog for camera sounds like an improvement.

The IGN review for Double Dragon seems way off from what I've played. They mention nothing about all the additions they made, such as the dodge/gleam mechanic, special abilities and stat boosts, or the mix-tapes and levelling up. You can also replay earlier stages to grind for stat increases and abilities, so that should help with the high difficulty.

[quote name='Zbornak']The IGN review for Double Dragon seems way off from what I've played. They mention nothing about all the additions they made, such as the dodge/gleam mechanic, special abilities and stat boosts, or the mix-tapes and levelling up. You can also replay earlier stages to grind for stat increases and abilities, so that should help with the high difficulty.[/QUOTE]

I agree. He goes on to praise Scott Pilgrim as an example of the beat em up genre making changes and doesn't mention some of the exact same features in Double Dragon. All in all it was written by someone who doesn't like beat em ups in the first place so I don't know why they bothered having him make a review. I have played through the first couple of levels and I have been enjoying it so far. It isn't perfect but it still has the charm of the DD series

[quote name='Zonic505']I think what bugs me is that on PSN, there's only 9 trophies for JSR, while on XBLA, there's 30 achievements. That's over 3 times what the PSN version has. Not to mention, I just learned that Double Dragon Neon only has 13 trophies compared to XBLA's 30 achievements. Maybe it's because of how scoring works with trophies on PSN, but kind of annoys me considering up until now, most downloadable games on both systems had the exact same lists, but now all of a sudden, they can be quite different.[/QUOTE]

It happens both ways. Tony Hawk HD has a platinum and full trophy list for PS3 but only an arcade game's trophy list for Xbox.

Free UFC videos are back in the video store!:bouncy:

They are:
UFC Fights Episode 153: Jon Jones vs. Lyoto Machida UFC 140
UFC Fights Episode 190: Vitor Belfort vs. Yoshihiro Akiyama UFC 133
UFC Fights Episode 230: Joseph Benavidez vs. Yasuhiro Urushitani UFC on FX 2

I forgot to say: just like the previous UFC videos put for free, they won't stay free for long. Usually, they go back to being priced after a UFC PPV show.

[quote name='Zonic505']I think what bugs me is that on PSN, there's only 9 trophies for JSR, while on XBLA, there's 30 achievements. That's over 3 times what the PSN version has. Not to mention, I just learned that Double Dragon Neon only has 13 trophies compared to XBLA's 30 achievements. Maybe it's because of how scoring works with trophies on PSN, but kind of annoys me considering up until now, most downloadable games on both systems had the exact same lists, but now all of a sudden, they can be quite different.[/QUOTE]Same goes for RE4.

However, to be fair , it can work both ways. Call of Duty Classic, for example, had like triple the amount of trophies, in comparison to achievements.

Also, I was reading that IGN review of Double Dragon Neon and watched the video of a quick history of DD. I never knew they made more than 2! Apparently even in the early 90s people like to milk franchises way past their prime. And where was I when they made a live action movie with Alisa Milano!?! I feel like a missed a lot here![/QUOTE]Of course they did, hence why we got approximately 200 Freddy and Jason movies.

Also, I was reading that IGN review of Double Dragon Neon and watched the video of a quick history of DD. I never knew they made more than 2! Apparently even in the early 90s people like to milk franchises way past their prime. And where was I when they made a live action movie with Alisa Milano!?! I feel like a missed a lot here![/QUOTE]Of course they did, hence why we got approximately 200 Freddy and Jason movies.

[quote name='LouieT']Free UFC videos are back in the video store!:bouncy:

They are:
UFC Fights Episode 153: Jon Jones vs. Lyoto Machida UFC 140
UFC Fights Episode 190: Vitor Belfort vs. Yoshihiro Akiyama UFC 133
UFC Fights Episode 230: Joseph Benavidez vs. Yasuhiro Urushitani UFC on FX 2
[/QUOTE]
Where do I find these?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back