PSN Weekly Deals - 9/1: Atlus Sale, PS+ Specials, & 6 New PS+ Games! PWYW Foul Play on PS4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store on PSN.

Index

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 2 PM PT/5 PM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
X - Expires With Next Update
P - Permanent Price Drop
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

September's PS+ Games

:ps4: Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition

:ps4: Grow Home

:vita: La-Mulana EX

:ps3: LittleBigPlanet Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move

:ps4:  :vita: Super Time Force Ultra

:ps4:  :ps3: Teslagrad

:ps3: Twisted Metal

:ps4:  :vita: Xeodrifter

PlayStation Heroes

:ps4: Foul Play - $2.00 to $100.00 [customspoiler='Fine Print'] :ps4: Foul Play is a part of the PlayStation Heroes program, which means that you can pay your choice among a variety of price points for an item that is usually a theme for entries into a contest to win some prize with most of the money going to a charity. There are no details at the moment for what the prize for buying Foul Play offers, so I'll post that whenever it's announced.

Edit: From the PlayStation Heroes app on PS4, the Foul Play promotion is for a trip to PlayStation Experience in December. Once you purchase the game, you're supposed to go here to register for the actual contest, though you should wait until the page is updated for the PlayStation Experience promotion instead of whatever it's on at the moment.[/customspoiler]

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT unless otherwise noted
:ps4: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps3: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps4: Sword Coast Legends - $34.79 - 13% Off - Out Fall 2016 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]170 Platinum for Warframe[/customspoiler]

:ps3: Yakuza 5 - $33.99 - 15% Off - Out Fall 2015 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]PS3 Static Theme[/customspoiler]

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Back to Bed Game & Dynamic Theme Bundle - $14.99 - 25% Off X

:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Nova-111 - $11.99 - 20% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate - $11.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted - $6.99 - 30% Off
:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Q*bert: Rebooted/Pixel Game and Theme Bundle - $8.99 - 25% Off

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: The Stealth Inc 1 & 2 Ultimate-est Edition - $12.99 - 24% Off NP

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones - $9.99 - 33% Off NP
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Titan Attacks! - $3.49 - 75% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: Velocibox - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows Game and PS4 Theme Bundle - $9.99 - 20% Off

PS4

Armello - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

Attacking Zegeta - $5.00 - 50% Off

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $39.99 - 20% Off NX

Daylight - $7.50 - 50% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N

Driveclub - $24.99 - 38% Off

God of War III Remastered - $35.99 - 10% Off NX

J-Stars Victory VS+ - $41.99 - 30% Off NX
The Last Tinker: City of Colors Game and Theme Bundle - $10.19 - 40% Off
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - $29.99 - 40% Off NP
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition - $39.99 - 20% Off NP
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Yorbie - $4.99 - 50% Off NP
Zombie Vikings - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

PS3

AquaPazza - $15.00 - 50% Off NX
Bladestorm: Nightmare - $34.99 - 30% Off NX
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $34.99 - 30% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off - Move Compatible

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Legion Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

R.I.P.D.: The Game - $3.00 - 70% Off NX
Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord - $20.00 - 50% Off NX
World Hunter - $8.99 - 10% Off

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

PS1 Classics - Compatible with PS3/PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Vita- PS TV Compatibility

Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars - $19.79 - 34% Off NX

Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $29.99 - 25% Off NX

Draw Slasher - $3.00 - 50% Off
Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth2 - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
J-Stars Victory VS+ - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Persona 4 Golden - $19.79 - 34% Off NX
PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD - $11.99 - 20% Off
Reel Fishing Master's Challenge - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

Gungnir - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Hexyz Force - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Knights in the Nightmare - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Riviera: The Promised Land - $5.00 - 50% Off NX
Yggdra Union - $5.00 - 50% Off NX

Minis - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Blacklight: Retribution

DC Universe Online

Loadout

PlanetSide 2

Trans-Galactic Tournament

Warframe

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

PS3 Add-ons

Dust 514
Skullgirls Encore

Vita Add-ons

My Singing Monsters

Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3

Themes

:ps4: Back to Bed Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps4: The Last Tinker Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off

:ps4: Q*bert: Rebooted Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off
:ps4: Velocibox Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps3: Yakuza 5: Fulfiller of Dreams - Free

Protection Plans
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Accidental Damage 36 Months - $53.99 - 10% Off
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Non-Accidental Damage 36 Months - $44.99 - 10% Off

Weird Prices on PSN
:ps3: :psp: 9-in-1 Mega Pack - $2.99 - 70% Off
:ps3: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:vita: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:psp: Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: Psychonauts - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Saints Row 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Sports Champions - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Sports Champions 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Street Fighter III Third Strike Online Edition - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: :psp: The Ultimate Runner Game Bundle - $1.99 - 50% Off [customspoiler=Includes]The Impossible Game and One Epic Game, which are normally $1.99 each.[/customspoiler]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got my ESO PS4 beta key, so those hoping to get codes should keep an eye out.

Edit: The main client is 39 GB, so keep that in mind if you're low on space.

Edit 2: Plus a 15.4 GB update, so that's 54 GB total.

...and data that says demos are ineffective and often cost more sales then they generate are mostly what killed demos.
I fully agree with this. I'm not sure I've ever purchased a game based on my experience with the demo. I have, however, decided not to buy a game because of the demo. The problem is that if i'm not financially invested in a game, my experience with the demo tends to be one where I am looking for reasons not to buy it. If I've already purchased the game, i'm much more likely to put the time and effort into understanding and appreciating the game systems, mechanics, etc. Admittedly, this is not the best way to handle it.

That's basically what publishers have found that they're expensive to make and sway very few that hasn't intended to buy the game. The people that would have bought the game are the ones that get impacted if they feel it doesn't live up to their expectations, isn't for them, that they've played enough of the game, etc.

One of the only times a demo has swayed me to buy a game was the demo for Folklore on PS3.  

Anyone remember that game?  I still think it is criminally underrated and underplayed, and it has probably the most clever and natural-feeling use of Sixaxis control ever.

One of the only times a demo has swayed me to buy a game was the demo for Folklore on PS3.

Anyone remember that game? I still think it is criminally underrated and underplayed, and it has probably the most clever and natural-feeling use of Sixaxis control ever.
I still have that game. Underrated PS3 exclusive. Loved the art. Didn't love having to basically play the game twice to get the ending.

Multi-million dollar budgets, larger more complicated games that can't easily be shown in a snapshot, and data that says demos are ineffective and often cost more sales then they generate are mostly what killed demos.
This.

I fully agree with this. I'm not sure I've ever purchased a game based on my experience with the demo. I have, however, decided not to buy a game because of the demo. The problem is that if i'm not financially invested in a game, my experience with the demo tends to be one where I am looking for reasons not to buy it. If I've already purchased the game, i'm much more likely to put the time and effort into understanding and appreciating the game systems, mechanics, etc. Admittedly, this is not the best way to handle it.
Yes, more often than not they stop me from buying a game. Occasionally I play one for a game I had no interest in and realize it's amazing, but that's so rare. I don't have time for my backlog anymore, let alone demos, so it's a moot point for me now. If I want a game, I'll more likely buy it than deal with the hassle of downloading, installing, and remembering to play the demo.

Anyone remember that game? I still think it is criminally underrated and underplayed, and it has probably the most clever and natural-feeling use of Sixaxis control ever.
Folklore is incredible and the Sixaxis motion control was superbly implemented.

I would love a sequel. I even sent a message to the Sony blog when they were announcing PSABR DLC suggesting Ellen and Keats as characters with their attacks being the Folks.

Folklore would have probably seen a resurgence if they would have just added trophy support to the game.  Sadly it's probably going to never see a remaster or sequel as the studio is no more and the game didn't do that well.

If a game has no demo, 99% of the time I move on and only "buy" the game if it's on huge discount.

I don't buy a game if I like the genre... I buy a game if I like *that* game. I don't randomly buy indie games just cause it's of a similar style or a particular genre. *each* game I purchase has to be something I like. It's very rare that I buy any game on/near release, and i've only pre-ordered 2 games in the past year or so..

If a game has me sorta curious, and no demo, I acquire a "demo" elsewhere to see if I want to add it to steam/console etc.

Game rentals from gamefly/redbox/local video store/etc are a large reason demo's are rare anymore.

Demo's and trial weekend's I love.

Demos were also more prevalent when print magazines were dominant at the time that the systems switched to a disc-based medium. As one of the selling points of some of the game magazines is periodically it came with a disc featuring 6-8 demos on it.

I still have that game. Underrated PS3 exclusive. Loved the art. Didn't love having to basically play the game twice to get the ending.

Folklore is incredible and the Sixaxis motion control was superbly implemented.

I would love a sequel. I even sent a message to the Sony blog when they were announcing PSABR DLC suggesting Ellen and Keats as characters with their attacks being the Folks.

Folklore would have probably seen a resurgence if they would have just added trophy support to the game. Sadly it's probably going to never see a remaster or sequel as the studio is no more and the game didn't do that well.
Time to add another game to the backlog! :D

The atmosphere in that game is like no other. The way the music and the art style fit together to create a perfectly eerie and whimsical world.. Folklore really is a great experience.

Folklore was great. I never did buy the DLC for it, was any of that worth a look?

is there any way to get rid of the crappy spotify and .. forgot what the other icon was.. think its PS now, from the PS4 menu? I hate that these 2 eyesores on on my media bar wasting space that can be taken with games or something i actually care about

They went on to make Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom, which had much better controls and trophies, but lacked the atmosphere of Folklore.

I stopped playing Folklore because I was really hoping they'd patch in trophies, but they never did.

I want to miss demos now that they're rare.

But.. I just never have time for demos.  I had a folder on my ps3 with like 60 demos in it for games I wanted to try.    That folder was like the backlog of my backlog, since why the heck would i boot up a demo when i had countless other full games to give a go? 

In theory, I get it -- it's a chance to try the game before I buy!  In practice, I'm gonna get the game when it hits a price i like - and it'll probably hit that price before I even get around to playing the demo.  Sometimes I'll love the game! Sometimes I'll hate the game!  Most times I"ll never play it anyway!

I want to miss demos now that they're rare.

But.. I just never have time for demos. I had a folder on my ps3 with like 60 demos in it for games I wanted to try. That folder was like the backlog of my backlog, since why the heck would i boot up a demo when i had countless other full games to give a go?

In theory, I get it -- it's a chance to try the game before I buy! In practice, I'm gonna get the game when it hits a price i like - and it'll probably hit that price before I even get around to playing the demo. Sometimes I'll love the game! Sometimes I'll hate the game! Most times I"ll never play it anyway!
Well, the best part about Etrian Odyssey demos is that you can continue where you left off when you get the main game. So you can try the first bit of the actual game.

Who needs a demo? Just wait for six months, when the price drops so low they're practically giving the full game away.

Anyway. Because misery loves company, I thought I'd show you the sale Europeans are getting right now... and we are not.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/04/22/big-savings-arcade-classics-start-today-playstation-store/

I would buy these games. I would not buy Call of Whatever.
The have a "Deal Of The Week"? All we ever get are weak deals...figures.

Was going to grab Mad Max on launch but only because it had a $10 cert at BB. After watching that video, I think I'll wait until $20 and under.
Disagree! :)
I was actually surprised by how fun it looks (was skeptical originally). Combat reminds me of Arkham and Mordor. Plus some great looking car stuff.

Disagree! :)

I was actually surprised by how fun it looks (was skeptical originally). Combat reminds me of Arkham and Mordor. Plus some great looking car combat.
Don't you disagree me, how dare you! :shame:

JK, was never really interested in it anyways. I will eventually play it though, just not anytime around release.

Finally, some near-final PS4 footage of the elusive Project Cars. Watch it at 60fps for full effect. Looks gorgeous. Game drops 5/12.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebHSLx71TV0

The rain looks amazing.

k7koJY.gif

Finally, some near-final PS4 footage of the elusive Project Cars. Watch it at 60fps for full effect. Looks gorgeous. Game drops 5/12.

The rain looks amazing.

k7koJY.gif
Who the hell is driving it? My car never stays on the road, when I drive, rain or no rain.

Don't you disagree me, how dare you! :shame:

JK, was never really interested in it anyways. I will eventually play it though, just not anytime around release.
The combat looks like a Batman game - which is how most of the action/adventure games from WB seem to look these days. Having said that, I got even more excited about the game after the trailer.

I am going to get it day one and let it sit there for at least 6 months. Then I play it for 2 days before jumping onto something else. Thats exactly how I have been approaching all the games so far. I have 1% completion on 100% of the games :)

The combat looks like a Batman game - which is how most of the action/adventure games from WB seem to look these days. Having said that, I got even more excited about the game after the trailer.

I am going to get it day one and let it sit there for at least 6 months. Then I play it for 2 days before jumping onto something else. Thats exactly how I have been approaching all the games so far. I have 1% completion on 100% of the games :)
Solution -- mail it to me to keep warm for the first few months. Then when you're read you know the disc works already.

Solution -- mail it to me to keep warm for the first few months. Then when you're read you know the disc works already.
Amazing idea; and, since I am only going for the 1% completion, I can mail it right back if you want to continue keeping it warm. DUDE, we are onto something here!

The rain looks amazing.

k7koJY.gif
I'm drooling over this footage right now. I hope this game is the racing sim we've been waiting for on PS4. I have it preordered and can't wait until May at this point.

The rain looks amazing.

k7koJY.gif
For those of you who like the rain effect, have you tried DriveClub? The rain there looks pretty great. Not sure if this game has any other comparisons, but if you're looking for that, it may be worth checking out.

Between the praise here and a Twitch video from Tyler over at PSNOT, I caved and bought Shovel Knight. I'll try it out over the weekend.

Wallet is down to 41 cents.

For those of you who like the rain effect, have you tried DriveClub? The rain there looks pretty great. Not sure if this game has any other comparisons, but if you're looking for that, it may be worth checking out.
I actually just bought DriveClub last week for under $20. (Had BB PM Gamestop.) I haven't played it yet - soon though!

Between the praise here and a Twitch video from Tyler over at PSNOT, I caved and bought Shovel Knight. I'll try it out over the weekend.

I really miss tyler and pete and some others. I just don't have time for more than one thread a day. but hey, at least whatever the fuck his name was doesn't post here anymore, right?

I like how the game already has Shovel in the title. It's like they're making fun of all those people who think that indie = shovelware.

Or else they're openly admitting that the game is shovelware.

I'm enjoying the ESO beta quite a bit so far. I guess I picked a different build for my character than the PC beta, so I'm in a completely different place (Daggerfall) to start. I don't really get why some buildings, like the king's castle in Daggerfall, are open to looting while most others are locked down tight.

Despite saying they were cool with using the PS4's capture stuff to record gameplay, I get the "this is a blocked scene" message any time I try to do the native capture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back