PSNOT 2.0 - I kind of want to subscribe to IndieBox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've only watched the demo but I'm pretty in to where ffxv is going - it looks like it'll play a bit like type-0 but with a better story/visuals. and of course bros. the setting is also really weird in a good way - it looks like a hybrid of fantasy/futuristic and the 1950s.
I've avoided looking at XV at all. This actually makes it sound appealing, though, since the battle system was the only good part of Type-0.

Oh and King Oddball is worth a buck. I compared it to Tennis in the Face before buying (in the sense that it was on sale for so cheap I might as well) and it turns out it's the same developer. It's structured the same way (bunch of levels on a grid-like map that you move around on) and is fun in short bursts. 

other random thing: next week bby is doing that madden upgrade deal again where you can trade madden 15 for $30 towards madden 16. You can pick up used good copies of madden 15 from amazon for ~$13-15. With gcu and one of those copies of madden 15 you should be able to get a new copy of madden 16 for ~$32+tax which is still worse than a glitch preorder but not bad if you'll be done with it quick.
Don't forget the $10 in reward points you'll get either way by preordering.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually liked Trainwreck, too. It was good, even though it seemed like Amy Schumer was doing everything possible to make it bad. I can't wait until people are over her and she kind of fades away.

Lebron and John Cena were definitely the best part of the movie.

I actually liked Trainwreck, too. It was good, even though it seemed like Amy Schumer was doing everything possible to make it bad. I can't wait until people are over her and she kind of fades away.

Lebron and John Cena were definitely the best part of the movie.
What was she doing that you thought was making it bad? Or are you just not a fan of hers in general, so anything involving her goes a couple notches down right away? I actually thought her acting was quite good.

But yeah LeBron and Cena were really good. All the athletes surprisingly were.

Some RPG set on Mars. Looks interesting, in that "What the fuck is going on?" and "Sure would be nice to see some gameplay" kinda way.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/08/06/the-technomancer-coming-to-ps4/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QL5OOJj2xcs

Oh, wait, there's gameplay footage from e3. Combat seems a bit slow, but the character movements are all long swings and kicks and stuff. Skill tree seems to be a ripoff of Bound by Flame, Spiders' last game (which I liked quite a bit.) The Stances button indicates that it also has heavy/fast attack modes like BbF did. As soon as I saw the resemblance and realized it was a Spiders game this got a lot more interesting. Here's the gameplay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Rya0e15SKY

Just Cause 3 further proving its superiority:

As in our hero Rico Rodriguez’ previous adventures, challenges are scattered around the island. These might dare you to fly through a series of rings in your wingsuit or make a bunch of stuff blow up in a short period of time. One particularly interesting challenge I saw was inspired by Katamari Damacy and involved gathering as much metal as you can with a magnet attached to your truck. Logging good scores will earn you credits which are used to unlock mods.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/08/06/gamescom-2015-just-cause-3-aims-to-upgrade-the-insanity
Game. Of. The. Year.

Man sports fans are the worst. PS4 for life fuck Microsoft. Am I right?
That is still silly, but we do have standing to cheer for it to do well. The better Sony products do relative to competitors, the more likely we are to get things like time exclusive content first, Sony to be the primary development platform instead of an afterthought ( fuck you Bethesda), previous Xbox exclusives to go multiplatform, or ports to the vita that wouldn't have happened otherwise. For instance, if fortunes were reversed and Microsoft had that big of a lead, I imagine Rise of the Tomb Raider would have been a system exclusive instead of a timed exclusive.

For instance, if fortunes were reversed and Microsoft had that big of a lead, I imagine Rise of the Tomb Raider would have been a system exclusive instead of a timed exclusive.
I doubt this, honestly. I think MS sunk money into the timed exclusivity simply because they're losing the console race and they're desperate. I suspect if they were doing better it would have been multi-platform from day 1.

I doubt this, honestly. I think MS sunk money into the timed exclusivity simply because they're losing the console race and they're desperate. I suspect if they were doing better it would have been multi-platform from day 1.
You know its the right opinion when therm and I agree on something.

#baitinglikebreakfuss

giphy.gif

Oh and King Oddball is worth a buck. I compared it to Tennis in the Face before buying (in the sense that it was on sale for so cheap I might as well) and it turns out it's the same developer. It's structured the same way (bunch of levels on a grid-like map that you move around on) and is fun in short bursts.
I think I'll keep my dollar... I remember back when tyler and what's-his-name were streaming these games and I thought they looked awful.

fuck. After spending way too much time on the last episode of the hardest row of N++ levels, I quit. Now I don't have to do the rest. I've made it to the 5th level, and it's just so fucking ridiculous. And for some reason the leaderboard doesn't work and it won't show me replays.

Here are my attempts for each level in that episode:

1: 209 attempts, 2 clears

2: 469 attempts, 2 clears

3: 270 attempts, 2 clears

4: 52 attempts, 2 clears

5: 326 attempts, 0 clears

So much for a not so difficult plat.

What was she doing that you thought was making it bad? Or are you just not a fan of hers in general, so anything involving her goes a couple notches down right away? I actually thought her acting was quite good.
I haven't see the movie, but will check it out once it hits DVD. Outside of the fact that she is the 'it' female comedian right now, I don't know much about Amy Schumer. I didn't realize that she was related to Chuck Schumer, but I wouldn't let that color my opinion of her. When you hang out with JLaw and post pics like this, you get a thumbs up in my book.

1438347494_jennifer-lawrence-human-pyramid-lg.jpg

fuck. After spending way too much time on the last episode of the hardest row of N++ levels, I quit. Now I don't have to do the rest. I've made it to the 5th level, and it's just so fucking ridiculous. And for some reason the leaderboard doesn't work and it won't show me replays.

GrandpaSimpsonWalkingInThenOutOfTheDoor.gif

sounds like I'll pass with no ragrets.

You mean Tyler lied when he said it was great? That guy...

giphy.gif

Plus the Achieve Enlightenment trophy is possibly glitched:

https://twitter.com/metanetsoftware/status/628972542875799553

It's funny that the pain in the ass trophies that are grindy or skill based are the ones that are glitched. I'm sure the devs/testers setup situations where they should pop right away (ie adding 60 miles to their wheel time in rocket league with dev tools) without testing it like a normal person would get it (ie playing 100s of online matches).

so, i had a little trouble with my debit card a couple weeks back. was right around the time lost dimension came out. best buy couldn't charge my card cause it was cancelled. which resulted in my order being cancelled. now there's a charge on my card. it completely reverted my order back to the gcu price, and then charged the card for the difference. now i have to wait for the higher ups to figure out how to fix it.

That is still silly, but we do have standing to cheer for it to do well. The better Sony products do relative to competitors, the more likely we are to get things like time exclusive content first, Sony to be the primary development platform instead of an afterthought ( fuck you Bethesda), previous Xbox exclusives to go multiplatform, or ports to the vita that wouldn't have happened otherwise. For instance, if fortunes were reversed and Microsoft had that big of a lead, I imagine Rise of the Tomb Raider would have been a system exclusive instead of a timed exclusive.
By basically the same logic, you need to root for sports teams too. Unless you want your basketball team to up and move to Oklahoma City.

Cool, do they ship to the US? I just noticed Konami also puts out Power Pro Baseball on Vita every year and we haven't even gotten 1. Assholes. I wonder if I could play it without knowing Japanese. Does Vita do google translate for games?
I doubt that was a serious question, but no. If it is a Japanese game you play it in Japanese. Also, for most of them the X and O buttons are reversed from what we would be used to.

I doubt that was a serious question, but no. If it is a Japanese game you play it in Japanese. Also, for most of them the X and O buttons are reversed from what we would be used to.
It wasn't lol. For Power Pros, it's not so much the buttons that bother me it would be the menus I'd be worried about. I think the full iterations are more menu heavy. I know the old DS game was a lot of fun though. Maybe I'll just pick up an older version like 2012 and give it a go.

That reversed X and O functions thing gets me every time I fire up Puyo Puyo Tetris. And then it gets me in reverse when I fire up a non-Japanese game afterward.

Part of the issue I have with Amy Schumer is that 95% of her jokes revolve around "I'm fat, I'm ugly, I like to have sex." The other 5% she does is actually funny.

That reversed X and O functions thing gets me every time I fire up Puyo Puyo Tetris. And then it gets me in reverse when I fire up a non-Japanese game afterward.
I was all messed up when I got that box of Visual Novels from my friend. I played around 18 of those Japanese games in a relatively short time frame. That was the closest I have ever gotten to being able to understand Tyler's issues when there is no inverted axis option.

I actually have 3 more of those games on their way to me now. Hopefully just a few at a time wont be such a big deal.

Disney is releasing a new bluray set for star wars. I like the general villian theme, too bad they messed it up and threw yoda in there too. Wouldn't mind picking up this set if its reasonably priced (it probably won't be). I've got dvd copies of the original trilogy lying around somewhere, but I never upgraded to blurays.

http://www.starwars.com/news/the-star-wars-saga-to-be-enshrined-in-limited-edition-blu-ray-steelbooks
Need to know if it includes the original films without all the digital crap.

Disney is releasing a new bluray set for star wars. I like the general villian theme, too bad they messed it up and threw yoda in there too. Wouldn't mind picking up this set if its reasonably priced (it probably won't be). I've got dvd copies of the original trilogy lying around somewhere, but I never upgraded to blurays.

http://www.starwars.com/news/the-star-wars-saga-to-be-enshrined-in-limited-edition-blu-ray-steelbooks
20th Century Fox
StarWars-SAGA_BD_Slipcase_skew.jpg.jpeg
So I assume it is the same damn thing as previously released, just in different packaging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back