PSP dying? Lack of PSP games 2 Ds games coming in 2008

[quote name='rainking187']When I have to dig through stacks of Animalz games to try to find something even halfway decent to play then yes, it's a little hard to ignore.[/quote]

Yeah, I don't have that problem. I put in Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword in a search and there's my item right there ;)

[quote name='rainking187']They really should bring back the Nintendo seal of quality.[/quote]
Come on, I'm only 16 and I know that Nintendo has always allowed shit games on their consoles.

For me, the PSP didn't have enough games on it while the DS has a plethora of games that I'm interested in. Which is why I sold my PSP.

[quote name='SL4IN']And when I have to dig through piles of a movie media format that has flopped and no longer supported at my local game store to find a decent title for the psp is a little hard to ignore ;)[/QUOTE]

UMD is not dead yet fyi ;)

As for the topic, both systems are cool but I find more interest in PSP games myself since I'm looking for a console quality game that's portable and PSP fits my interests there. I still like my DS, I just rarely play it anymore.

[quote name='SL4IN']And when I have to dig through piles of a movie media format that has flopped and no longer supported at my local game store to find a decent title for the psp is a little hard to ignore ;)[/QUOTE]

Huh, you must have kind of an odd game store if you're really finding that many UMDs still. My local GS has like three used UMDs.

[quote name='whoknows']
As for the topic, both systems are cool but I find more interest in PSP games myself since I'm looking for a console quality game that's portable and PSP fits my interests there.[/quote]

Ditto.

[quote name='whoknows']
As for the topic, both systems are cool but I find more interest in PSP games myself since I'm looking for a console quality game that's portable and PSP fits my interests there. I still like my DS, I just rarely play it anymore.[/quote]

I think people should realize that it's ok for portable games to look really good. Load times are a drag but it seems like the triple a developers got the hang of it now.

[quote name='DQT']I think people should realize that it's ok for portable games to look really good. Load times are a drag but it seems like the triple a developers got the hang of it now.[/QUOTE]

What a dubious statement.

1) No one is claiming the opposite.

2) This also smacks of implying that 2D games are somehow inferior graphics wise.

People need to stop acting like that if someone prefers the DS, they somehow magically only like shitty movie games with poor graphics and horrendous gameplay, as well as horridly shallow non-game games.

It's not that shit at all, and being that pretentious about it is annoying. Don't make yourself feel better about your opinion by convincing yourself that anything contrary is stupid.

You want something similar to PS2 games? Fine, PSP is perfect.

You want adventure games, the occasionally quirky touch screen game, and franchise titles? You get a DS.

Neither makes you more awesome than the other.

People have been saying "the PSP is dead" since the damn thing came out. There is so many awesome games already out. The system is on fire right now. I'm playing it non stop. I haven't touched my DS in months. I'm not sure why. I'm in that "oh there's nothing to play" phase even though there are so many awesome games I have yet to try out. I'm on my PSP fix right now. I am super pumped for Crisis Core. After that I might pick up my DS again.

Its far from dead, its selling neck and neck along with the DS and Wii. If anything its picked up momentum. As someone else said PSP is quality over quantity. There may be a huge library of games for the DS but how much of that is crap games that no one but 10 year old kids want to buy? This just leads to retail stores stocking nothing but crap games and leaving out the good ones since there is only so much shelf space, which is bad. Thankfully there is online shopping, which I could not live without now. At least with the PSP every new release is stocked by most stores here.

[quote name='suko_32']:roll:[/quote]Well my psp is hacked

so unless theres a way i can play new games without updating i would buy them

but the fact is you cant

or i dont know how

plus ive already spent over 500 dollars in psp's and games

so yeah..

[quote name='xXThaKingOfQueenzXx']Well my psp is hacked

so unless theres a way i can play new games without updating i would buy them

but the fact is you cant

or i dont know how

plus ive already spent over 500 dollars in psp's and games

so yeah..[/quote]

cfw 3.90m ftw!!! Seriously, all of the cfw after 3.80m has been downloadable from the psp firmware update button. So, what I'm getting at is darkalex or whoever creates the custom firmware has it up to date within weeks of a new update from sony. Therefore, you can enjoy your custom firmware while being able to play the latest games. I know patapon and god of war only require 3.8 so you should be good to purchase your games legally if you update your cfw. ;)

Yeah i know

I just dont want to take chances upgrading my cfw since i bricked my last psp

i will be contacting the friend that sold me this psp to upgrade it though

[quote name='Strell']What a dubious statement.

1) No one is claiming the opposite.

2) This also smacks of implying that 2D games are somehow inferior graphics wise.

People need to stop acting like that if someone prefers the DS, they somehow magically only like shitty movie games with poor graphics and horrendous gameplay, as well as horridly shallow non-game games.

It's not that shit at all, and being that pretentious about it is annoying. Don't make yourself feel better about your opinion by convincing yourself that anything contrary is stupid.

You want something similar to PS2 games? Fine, PSP is perfect.

You want adventure games, the occasionally quirky touch screen game, and franchise titles? You get a DS.

Neither makes you more awesome than the other.[/quote]

Trust me, I'd take the graphical art style of Yoshi's Island over generic 3-D any day.

I'm glad you ended another ds vs psp argument. Digging through piles of shovelware? Do you guys shop at stores that do not have shelving?

I am going to assume the selection of games is different in different areas, I just wanted to make a point that over here, its almost all shovelware on the store shelves. Also yes if you are shopping at kmart you will have to dig through the shovelware to get to the good games and since gamestop puts all their DS games on the bottommost shelf here there is more digging through shovelware to be done, while you are kneeling on the floor!

Nothing wrong with owning both systems :D

The PSP isn't dying. We're still getting new firmwares with new features being added to the PSP. And there's still a bunch of big titles for the PSP that has yet to be announced here, like Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G, Tales of Rebirth, and Phantasy Star Portable.

And if you're into importing, there's games like Bleach Heat the Soul 5 coming out in May. And lets not forget some of the future titles coming out like Final Fantasy Dissidia.

I think games like Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core and God of War really set a new benchmark on the PSP, showing that the system has a lot of power and capabilities that hasn't been fully exploited yet, this could mean that more developers could be developing PSP based titles instead of ports.

Ready at Dawn said that they could have made GoW even better graphically and effects/physics wise if they had more time. So that is very promising for the future of the PSP since they said they have the tools in place for other developers to use now that they are done with the PSP.

bread's done
Back