Rate my (admittedly dodgy) purchase

I know you all love to hate on Gamestop, but in all honestly employees do this too. I may have known one that got a Wavebird for $5 this way. May have. :D

[quote name='Green Goblin']Ok, seriously. Has anyone actually been banned for doing this? o_O;;[/QUOTE]

Why would they ban people for this. Only time people get banned is if they were caught with evidence trying to sell stolen goods to GS, in which case they will be flagged in the system, and most likely won't go back to GS anyways. The fact that you were in GS means that you are a customer, not to mention you still bought something, so unless they plan to lose more business than the one you already took from them, its not a good idea to do this "ban" people keep speaking of.

Nice deal!

I've done that once, someone was trading in Okami when it first came out, and GS offered him $14 credit, I offered him $15 cash and he took it.

Since the only used items and preorder bonuses available for customers at Gamestop are the ones that the employees haven't gotten to first, and the employees aren't above bending rules for their own gain, I have a hard time seeing what's dodgy about this. It's the only way that you can compete with an entity that ostensibly exists to provide a service for you. The situation is obviously fuckwad retarded, but it's not your fault.

Nice buy. *shrug*

[quote name='darkslime']Honestly, most employees don't really care, just make sure not to do it in front of a manager.[/QUOTE]

Well just make sure it isnt a manager in front of other employees. If it was just the manager himself, he wouldn't give a rats ass. But if other employees are there and they see him/her let you get away with it, then he has to do something.

[quote name='NJMane']I love how GS will ban someone from shopping when someone else hoses their customers. I guess GS is the only one who can screw people on trade-in (buybacks).

BTW, the DSi was obviously stolen. Way to actually carry cash on you. If I had this opportunity I would have been screwed because I barely ever have more than $20 cash on me.[/QUOTE]

I missed out on a PSP at a local shop with a 2 gb memory stick loaded with tons of music for like $20 since I only had $15 and no one I was with at the time would lend me the extra $5.:bomb:

I should've told the guy to take back the memory stick and I'd have taken JUST the PSP for $15.:roll: Oh well...

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I missed out on a PSP at a local shop with a 2 gb memory stick loaded with tons of music for like $20 since I only had $15 and no one I was with at the time would lend me the extra $5.:bomb:

I should've told the guy to take back the memory stick and I'd have taken JUST the PSP for $15.:roll: Oh well...[/QUOTE]Opportunities like this are why when I go out looking for games I always carry at least $100 in cash.

Thumbs up on your dsi purchase. Just wanted to say, you have guts to go to an atm in front of a stranger. I may have misread but especially in a ghetto area. I'd be afraid of being mugged right there.

the employees do it also.

someone on here posted awhile ago when MvC2 for Ps2 was very sought after and that the clerk made him an offer outside of store for $10 or $20.

but i commend you for doing that OP.. lucky you for that DSi + $30 game for $10. i feel bad for the kid who lost it..

Well, you Gamestop haters are probably gonna hate me after this, but I then went around and sold it (made $120). I took the money and paid off 3 games on reserve there.

New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Assassin's Creed II (not completely)
Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles (and I got a spiffy T-shirt with this one)

When I was leaving, I told the Manager about the story and he laughed his ass off. I asked if he had a used case for Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story that he could pass to me. And sure enough, he had 1 available and hooked me up.

So yeah. All's well that ends well. I got M&L:BIS for $10 and I got NSMBW, Assassin's Creed II (kinda) and RE:DC for $40

A perfectly fitting end to the story. Gamestop got paid after a few roundabout transactions on your part, everybody's happy and nobody got raped.

Only 2 questions remain:

1. How much would Crackhead Jones have gotten from GS for his DSi and M&L:BiS?

2. What do the save slots on M&L:BiS show for time played?

1. $70 (after factoring $10 for an AC adapter). Didn't check about Mario & Luigi.

2. Not much. Longest one was like 25 minutes. Another one was only like 3 minutes. deleted both.

[quote name='Kerig']A perfectly fitting end to the story. Gamestop got paid after a few roundabout transactions on your part, everybody's happy and nobody got raped.

Only 2 questions remain:

1. How much would Crackhead Jones have gotten from GS for his DSi and M&L:BiS?

2. What do the save slots on M&L:BiS show for time played?[/QUOTE]

:lol: Crackhead Jones. As for the OP spending the money made on the DSi at Gamestop after stealing this stolen DSi from their grasp, well.....:roll:.

That's all I gotta say about that.

[quote name='Green Goblin']2. Not much. Longest one was like 25 minutes. Another one was only like 3 minutes. deleted both.[/QUOTE]

No big loss to anyone, then. I'm at 24 hours 45 minutes closing in on the end. I'd be pissed if it got taken from me at 10+ hours.

[quote name='darkwingduck13']Yeah, the DSi was probably stolen, but in my opinion you did a good thing by keeping it out of GameSlop's hands. :)[/QUOTE]

Actually they made quite a bit more money. They would have paid 70 for it and sold it for about 40 or 50 bucks more. In this case he gave them back 120 and they had no out of pocket from buying the dsi.

[quote name='dmdragon']Actually they made quite a bit more money. They would have paid 70 for it and sold it for about 40 or 50 bucks more. In this case he gave them back 120 and they had no out of pocket from buying the dsi.[/QUOTE]

Except for the wholesale cost of the new games I'm picking up. They make a total net revenue of Approx. $15. Let the good times roll :roll:

bread's done
Back