Red Dead Redemption- Out Now

In the beginning? He's just holding down A which lets you stay at the same speed as a nearby NPC (if you're able to. I believe that's contextual since A is usually just to hold whatever speed you've gotten up to).

Oh and the audio hiccups and visual stuttering is from the YouTube upload. Or it should be, since the live stream looked a lot smoother.

Interesting. Seeing this crop up on a few different websites. Possible PS3 exclusive content:

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/5713/20100513140721.jpg

Could easily be fake but bringing the picture to full size makes it look pretty real. Still, it seems rather strange that R* wouldn't have mentioned this thus far.

(Also, my post on the previous page has been updated with a working upload of gameplay footage. Take 2 is taking these down fairly quickly.)

Last edited by a moderator:
"Another reason the PS3 is better then the XBOX. Developers just like giving the Playstation their exclusives. Just like the Joker maps for Arkham Asylum. Oh well, can't wait until May 18th." - some dood on another website

Good for PS3. Seriously...though I predict the xbox version sells more copies than the ps3 version with or w/out the exclusive content.

Regardless what ppl think, I'm pretty confident that I don't care and second Wii gets console exclusive content all the time which I don't care about either because I will normally buy the 360 version anyway...all I care about is our copy of RDR for 360 coming out at launch and knowing when I play online I will never have to deal with anyone from the PSN asking me why I haven't visited Solomon Folly's Gang Hideout yet.

[quote name='Halo05']Oh fudge nuts.

It was pretty easy to pick the 360 version until that. I guess I'll decide come Tuesday.[/QUOTE]

It runs way better on 360, so there's that. Also that pic looks fake, but we'll see.

Yeah, I should reiterate that I have no idea if that picture is real or not. Over on Neogaf some guy was updating their RDR thread with impressions of the PS3 version and he didn't mention anything about exclusive content.

[quote name='Fjordson']Yeah, I should reiterate that I have no idea if that picture is real or not. Over on Neogaf some guy was updating their RDR thread with impressions of the PS3 version and he didn't mention anything about exclusive content.[/QUOTE]

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd find it really hard to believe that this alleged PS3 exclusive content wouldn't have been discussed before now. I mean, Rockstar has gone out of their way to inform people about all the preorder deals out there, why would they skip over this bit of information? Just doesn't make sense.

There are about 3-4 pix online now of the copies from a Gamestop employee. The pictures seem pretty legit.

Here are the pix.

20100513140721.jpg

dcg3fo.jpg

20100513140737.jpg

20100513140803.jpg

At 2:18 in the first "Life in the West" trailer you can briefly see "Walton's Gang Outfit Menu Entry Completed" at the bottom of the screen. Going by the controls that are seen throughout the trailer, it would appear to be the Xbox 360 build.

Would they really show an item in a trailer that appears to be using the 360 build then restrict it to the PS3?

[quote name='wildcpac']There are about 3-4 pix online now of the copies from a Gamestop employee. The pictures seem pretty legit.

Here are the pix.

20100513140721.jpg

dcg3fo.jpg

20100513140737.jpg

20100513140803.jpg
[/QUOTE]

There's a sticker on the PS3 copy in the first image, but not in the second image? Why wouldn't all PS3 copies have the sticker?

The sticker does look pretty legit. But I'd still be shocked if there is exclusive content and still haven't heard about it in any official announcement. If Sony paid for that exclusive right, I don't know why they wouldn't want people to know about it before they pre-order the game. Presumably it would make some people decide to buy the PS3 version instead of the 360 version.

[quote name='wildcpac']Sticker could have been on the shrink wrap on the outside of the copy and the second picture had it off.[/QUOTE]

it does appear the one with the sticker is in shrink wrap while the 2nd picture on the floor does not.

it's could also be a marketing strategy announcing that the PS3 version comes with the extras after most ppl preordered it by now. *shrugs*

at this point, no matter how good or bad the game may turn out to be, I think I'll just be content riding out into the west on horseback and rustling wildgame. ppl ride in WoW constantly doing absolutely nothing but riding around.

[quote name='wildcpac']I could have sworn I read the review embargo ended last night or today.[/QUOTE]

I doubt it is over yet. I'm sure we'll see half a dozen reviews pop up the minute that embargo is over. It'll probably be sometime over sometime this weekend at midnight.

[quote name='wildcpac']Any news on a Bank being in the game? Wouldn't be an old time western without some bank robbing.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure you can rob banks

Just to put an end to the exclusive content argument. Those pictures are 100% legit and the PS3 does have the exclusive content listed on the sticker which is on the shrink wrap and not the actual blu-ray case.

I'll be picking my copy up on the 360 because it runs better on the 360 and I prefer playing most games on my 360.

Also I've been seeing talk about the ps3 having gamespy listed on the back in the credits.

Just so you guys know the 360 version has it listed too. So I'm hoping the online will be smooth sailing.

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']Also I've been seeing talk about the ps3 having gamespy listed on the back in the credits.

Just so you guys know the 360 version has it listed too. So I'm hoping the online will be smooth sailing.[/QUOTE]

Console games use Gamespy?

I thought that was only a pc client?

Since 360 uses Live and junk, there was no need to use another online policing client.

Or am i forgetting about something?

[quote name='ppself']Console games use Gamespy?

Since 360 uses Live and junk, there was no need to use another online policing client.

Or am i forgetting about something?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, console games have been using Gamespy for years, especially with the PS2. I specifically remember the WWE Smackdown! games using Gamespy at one point.

Also EA, uses there own servers with 360 despite having the more stable XBL available for them to use.

[quote name='ppself']Console games use Gamespy?

Or am i forgetting about something?[/QUOTE]

The back of the 360 version clearly states that technology was licensed from Gamespy:
20100513140809.jpg

That could just mean that Rockstar incorporated certain Gamespy coding in doing the multiplayer. Xbox Live will still be the mechanism to invite friends and the like.

[quote name='Sigma']Yeah, console games have been using Gamespy for years, especially with the PS2. I specifically remember the WWE Smackdown! games using Gamespy at one point.

Also EA, uses there own servers with 360 despite having the more stable XBL available for them to use.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='BingoBrown']The back of the 360 version clearly states that technology was licensed from Gamespy:
20100513140809.jpg

That could just mean that Rockstar incorporated certain Gamespy coding in doing the multiplayer. Xbox Live will still be the mechanism to invite friends and the like.[/QUOTE]

Ah. That makes sense.

Well did GTAIV use Gamespy coding because that multiplayer code was perfect. I was hoping RDR would use the same or similar code but really I think I'll have enough to do just in single player with this game.

[quote name='GUNNM']is CAG starting a posse or no?[/QUOTE]

I just created a Xbox Live Silver account called "CAG Posse." Add it as a friend and I'll confirm you. Then we can all access the CAG Posse's friend list to see other CAGs that are interested in forming up in a RDR posse.

[quote name='BingoBrown']I just created a Xbox Live Silver account called "CAG Posse." Add it as a friend and I'll confirm you. Then we can all access the CAG Posse's friend list to see other CAGs that are interested in forming up in a RDR posse.[/QUOTE]

Just sent a fr.

Is there a blackout or something on reviews? It seems weird that a game most people expect to at least be decent seems to have no reviews out for it this close to launch. Even the extremely positive Game Informer review that was on Metacritic seemed to have been taken down when I checked earlier today.

[quote name='tenma']Is there a blackout or something on reviews?[/QUOTE]

Yes, there's currently an embargo on reviews. Embargoes are put in place for a lot of games. I'm sure it'll be lifted real soon for RDR, although I agree that it seems strange to hold back what is likely to be overwhelming praise at this point.

R* likes to do this for some reason. I remember GTA IV reviews were held back until fairly close to the release date.

I'm watching some dude play on Ustream and he's pointing his repeater at some random guy. The guy slowly backs away while saying "You kill me and you're gonna kill a part of yourself too." lmao

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BingoBrown']The back of the 360 version clearly states that technology was licensed from Gamespy:
20100513140809.jpg

That could just mean that Rockstar incorporated certain Gamespy coding in doing the multiplayer. Xbox Live will still be the mechanism to invite friends and the like.[/QUOTE]

I know it will use Gamespy, but I don't see anything about that anywhere in the picture you posted.

[quote name='Matt Young']I know it will use Gamespy, but I don't see anything about that anywhere in the picture you posted.[/QUOTE]

It's there. In the middle of the last block of text (right above the "Warning" notice). Essentially it says something to the extent of "technology licensed from Gamespy Industries." It's hard to read without the image blown up bigger.

Recently got Gun from Goozex because I needed a little western action while I waited for RDR. Beat the came a couple days ago.

My avatar is even western-themed now. Can't. Wait.

Let's play a guessing game as to what score RDR will get on metacritic.

I'm going to say a 90% overall. I really have a hard time believing RDR won't be awesome.

Toys R Us giving out a $25 gift card with purchase of RDR is also exciting. Tuesday can't get here soon enough.

bread's done
Back