Reduced Price Game Guides: Thread XI

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, let me welcome you all to the new guide thread. Second, I'd like to ask you all to please keep conversations not pertaining to guide drops to a minimum to avoid cluttering the thread. It's not that I don't enjoy the chit chat, but that it may stop others from locating information on the newest drops.

That being said, let me thank Cheapy for creating this site, without which I would've spent probably 10 times what I HAVE spent on games and guides. Moreover, let me thank each and every one of my fellow CAGs for continuing to contribute to making this site a great place to find out about sales and clearances of the items we as gamers use most. Without a great community, NONE of this would be possible.

Now, with that out of the way(and before I get to rambling), let's get on to making this new thread.

Useful Information(and links):

Game Guide Trade Thread(KEEP ALL TRADE REQUESTS HERE OR IN PM'S):

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175548

PLEASE keep ALL trade requests in there or PM's. Thank you.

Reduced Price Guide Discussion Thread(KEEP ALL DISCUSSION NOT RELATED TO GUIDE DROPS HERE!!!):

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169252

What is the purpose of this thread?

The purpose of this thread is to let our fellow CAGs know when a guide has dropped to a low price(it's NOT ALWAYS A PENNY), so they can go out and grab guides for themselves and for trading with other CAGs.

Anytime you have guide drops to report, post them here. Please specify at which store you found them and which guides you found and list them in alphabetical order. Thank you. Please, whenever possible, use RED font to make the drop info stand out. Thanks again.

What are penny guides?

Penny guides are guides which have been on the market for a while and the publisher(or store chain) decide that the remaining stock of these guides have little to no chance of selling, so they issue an order to pull them from the shelves and destroy them. At that time, they are also marked as .01 in their inventory system, except in the case of BBV, which marks them .01 only AFTER pulling them.

Most stores have an agreement with the publisher that states that if they destroy the remaining stock of those items, they will receive a credit for their value from the publisher. This is why many stores are usually annoyed when we CAGs come in and buy the guides AT the penny price, since otherwise they would've received a credit for those items.

According to an employee at a local BB, they also have a recycling program for the pennied stock, so as to not clutter landfill space with the guides. As to how true it is, I cannot confirm, but I would hope that the paper is at least recycled instead of just dumpstered.

Prior Reduced price game guide threads:

Guide Three:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...ighlight=guide
Guide Four:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/....php?p=1496376
Guide Five:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...ad.php?t=85976
Guide Six:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=116918
Guide Seven:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=131717
Guide Seven and a half:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=142400
Guide Eight:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=167157
Guide Nine:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=187222
Guide Ten:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219547

Finally, below is a list of website links, each of which goes to their respective guide page. Whenever possible, I will update the links with better ones(if available).

Amazon
Barnes&Noble
BestBuy
Gamestop
Overstock
Strategyguides.net
ToysRUs

Thanks to floormat, Guinaevere and anyone else who has created and maintained the guide thread before, as well as to all of those who find out either advance information on drops or provide a list of which ones dropped when we do have a drop.

The post below this one contains a list going back at LEAST six months of the more current guide drops, which stores they occured at and which ones dropped. Note that sometimes(Oblivion guide, Quake Wars: Enemy Territory)there are multiple versions of a guide, be it that there are Prima versions, Brady versions and the occasional Nintendo and Doublejump guides.

Please specify WHICH version has dropped when mentioning possible guide drops. Thank you.

Common Guide Drop Related Questions(FAQ):

FAQ - If you are new (or a vet with a few questions) look here SECOND! (After reading the above!)

Q: What Are Penny Guides?
A: Penny guides are guides which have been on the market for a while and the publisher(or store chain) decide that the remaining stock of these guides have little to no chance of selling, so they issue an order to pull them from the shelves and destroy them. At that time, they are also marked as .01 in their inventory system, except in the case of BBV, which marks them .01 only AFTER pulling them.

Most stores have an agreement with the publisher that states that if they destroy the remaining stock of those items, they will receive a credit for their value from the publisher. This is why many stores are usually annoyed when we CAGs come in and buy the guides AT the penny price, since otherwise they would've received a full credit for those items.

According to an employee at a local BB, they also have a recycling program for the pennied stock, so as to not clutter landfill space with the guides. As to how true it is, I cannot confirm, but I would hope that the paper is at least recycled instead of just dumpstered.

Q: Do all guides from all stores drop at the same time?
A: No. While most chains have nationwide drops within their own store (as in every BB will have the same drops coast to coast), not every different chain drops at the same time (what drops at BB is NOT necessarily dropped at GS). When in doubt, check post TWO for drop info.

Q: I found a penny guide and a clerk denied me! I'ma report 'em!
A: Whoa, hold your horses there, pardner! First of all, not a question. Second, just because something is on the shelf, the clerk does NOT have to sell you that item. Most stores are PRIVATE property and as such can deny you just about anything they want - including a sale. The best advice is to not be rude, not be arrogant, and just try hard to get them to have pity on you.

Q: Why don't the clerks want to sell me their penny guides? Aren't they just throwing them away?
A: As stated above, the stores are ordered by the publisher to trash the guides, and are then given credit for those guides. If they don't do this, the publisher won't give them the credit - it's like losing a sale. On the employee level, selling a penny guide can sometimes get them in trouble (or even fired!) I know it seems silly, but this is their job we're talking about! Respect the man (or woman) behind the counter and you'll get a lot more guides than otherwise!

Q: Should I just ask if the store has penny guides then?
A: No, since that denotes that you have some insider information as to the runnings of these businesses.

Q: What if the clerk wants to know how I know so much about guide drops?
A: If asked where you got your info about guides that pennied, simply say either 'the internet' or 'a friend of mine told me they're on clearance'.

Q: But clerks will know what a penny guide is, right? I can talk to them like anyone else here...
A: Never use the word pennied to ANY store clerks unless you have built up a good rapport with them. Even then, it may seem a little fishy if you know more about their shop than they do.

Q: Are guides labeled as a penny on the shelf?
A: Sometimes. Most times, no. GS seems to label everything that gets a price drop, so often times guides will be stickered. But even so, they most likely won't sell them to you. A sticker does not mean 'have to sell'.

Q: I tried to buy a guide that this thread said was pennied and it didn't ring up as such! What gives?
A: Either 1) Our source was wrong (this rarely happens and is usually verified a FEW times within maybe an hour of posting), or 2) The clerk changed the price. It's usually number 2.

Q: What's the easiest way to get penny guides? This sounds like TONS of work!
A: Best Buy is probably the best place to get guides, followed by GameStop, GameCrazy, Toys R Us and then Blockbuster. From what I've seen though, probably 95% of guides that people get are snagged at BB - the rest come from the other stores. But it never hurts to try!

Q: Has there been a drop recently?
A: If you are asking this question you didn't fully understand the OP - go back and read it once more. When a drop happens, it will be posted, and then placed in the second post - trust us.

Q: How do you guys know so much about penny guides?
A: We sometimes have inside sources with the information from the stores themselves; other times, fellow CAGS just like you or me simply take suspected guides to the register and ask them to ring them up, to check their prices. Feel free to do this yourself, and help give back to the community by telling us what you find! However, DON'T ask "Has anyone checked XXX lately?", unless you are in the right thread (discussion area).

Thanks to GrilledWitOnions for creating the above FAQ, which should eliminate the need for such questions popping up in the thread from this point on out.

Last edited by a moderator:
you obviously didnt read all my post then. i COLLECT. i dont buy hoping items will be worth a lot. my goal is to own every single american released rpg game,guide,demo,promo etc..of which im very close to finish just getting hard to get some of the really old vintage rpgs complete. my point is that granted yes you can wait and hope you might get things for a penny but if you really want the stuff stop being so damn cheap and buy it retail. id rather pay retail for something then in essence miss out on the quote on quote illusive penny guide and end up having to fork major dough. now granted i know many people on here prolly dont have an actual job so for them this is their only option. i also fully agree with your math but to justify i noted i dont buy games on retail unless they are collectors or come with promo items. i also will hold games new for the 30 days with receipt (gamestop) and if they do go down or i find a pure mint used copy ill swap.

[quote name='gauu']im just curious from reading the past 5 or so pages on this post either A)your all poor asses or B) your all cheap. not granted yes i know this is cheapassgamer but the way people talk its like your all broke and cant afford a game at retail. i buy every single rpg game and guide. guides i buy from amazon as they sell guides for 30-35% discount new. games mostly buy from gamestop or amazon. certain games i will wait on as they are just horrid rpgs and will be bound for clearance bins but most of my games i buy retail. shrugs maybe its just me but id rather buy a game/guide for retail then be the poor sap whose crying he didnt buy it on retail.[/QUOTE]
A) and B) for me. It's hard to play games and still put food on my family.

[quote name='gauu']you obviously didnt read all my post then. i COLLECT. i dont buy hoping items will be worth a lot. my goal is to own every single american released rpg game,guide,demo,promo etc..of which im very close to finish just getting hard to get some of the really old vintage rpgs complete. my point is that granted yes you can wait and hope you might get things for a penny but if you really want the stuff stop being so damn cheap and buy it retail. id rather pay retail for something then in essence miss out on the quote on quote illusive penny guide and end up having to fork major dough. now granted i know many people on here prolly dont have an actual job so for them this is their only option. i also fully agree with your math but to justify i noted i dont buy games on retail unless they are collectors or come with promo items. i also will hold games new for the 30 days with receipt (gamestop) and if they do go down or i find a pure mint used copy ill swap.[/QUOTE]

If you're into collecting stuff then I guess it would make sense. it does seem like an expensive hobby to collect stuff for. I had a coworker once who's husband collected Star Wars stuff. He had a room full of it. She hated it and made him get rid of everything that wouldn't fit into the closet in their room. Apparently she wanted to have a guest bedroom. Go figure!

I used to have some old RPG's that I dumped on Ebay a few years ago. The original Chrono Trigger, Earthbound, FF6, Secret of Mana/Evermore, etc. I had them in a box for years and finally decided that I didn't really want to haul them around with me anymore. It's not like I was actively playing them anymore.

[quote name='gauu']you obviously didnt read all my post then. i COLLECT. i dont buy hoping items will be worth a lot. my goal is to own every single american released rpg game,guide,demo,promo etc..of which im very close to finish just getting hard to get some of the really old vintage rpgs complete. my point is that granted yes you can wait and hope you might get things for a penny but if you really want the stuff stop being so damn cheap and buy it retail. id rather pay retail for something then in essence miss out on the quote on quote illusive penny guide and end up having to fork major dough. now granted i know many people on here prolly dont have an actual job so for them this is their only option. i also fully agree with your math but to justify i noted i dont buy games on retail unless they are collectors or come with promo items. i also will hold games new for the 30 days with receipt (gamestop) and if they do go down or i find a pure mint used copy ill swap.[/QUOTE]
The CAG's you are curious about are not typical collectors. Most wish to play the games, perhaps use a guide and do so as cheap as possible. In my experience, collectors will pay a premium for an item they covet. CAG's will not.

If I'm paying cash for something, I'd rather not pay MSRP. But I'll definitely pay MSRP for an occasional guide for a game I know I'll want to explore the entire game world of(Red Dead Redemption)in depth.

But for the rest of the games I have(about 15-16 right now not counting prior gen stuff)if I want to get a guide chances are I'll wait till it pennies and take my chances on getting one.

But if you have the expendable income to buy at retail prices without a second thought, then good for you. But most of us are here because we're beyond frugal with many of our purchasing choices.

Oh and LOL typical guy at your co-workers husband. If I were him, I'd have dumped her rather than Boba Fett.:lol:

dont get me wrong i dont just collect and let things gather i also play as well. its what got me started into collecting heavily. i also grew up in the perfect era early 80s. so as i was growing up rpgs were just developing. will agree it does sometimes get expensive but hey i enjoy doing it and the gf doesnt mind.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
Oh and LOL typical guy at your co-workers husband. If I were him, I'd have dumped her rather than Boba Fett.:lol:[/QUOTE]

They were married. I think it got to the point where he kept buying crap from Target/Walmart/TRU/McDonalds/Anywhere that had stuff. At some point she was like, WTF, do you really need a 1,000th collectible cup and another X-Wing fighter? They did name one of their kids after a character in the movies.....

[quote name='gauu']ok now im curious going with luke as its a typical guys name.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I left you guys hanging so your mind would go to the other names. :)

So you've got the old RPG's huh? Yes, but do you have Defenders of Oasis for the GameGear?

[quote name='typical guy']They were married. I think it got to the point where he kept buying crap from Target/Walmart/TRU/McDonalds/Anywhere that had stuff. At some point she was like, WTF, do you really need a 1,000th collectible cup and another X-Wing fighter? They did name one of their kids after a character in the movies.....[/QUOTE]
For some reason I have never found an (in)significant other who either shares my gaming hobby or at least tolerates it without berating it every other moment as being 'kids stuff'.

That's why I'll probably always be single.;)

Oh and gauu I was growing up in the 80's too. The era of the 2600, NES, Sega Master System and the greatest game ever: ET.:lol:

[quote name='gauu']most notable rarity of recent is star ocean second evolution and oblivion goty guides. both are 120+ new guides.[/QUOTE]
Put me in touch with those willing to pay these prices. $60 is about the best I have seen or gotten for those titles. If any of you rich CAG's want to part with $100 for one, PM me. ;)

oh dear lord i just face palmed cheapestgamer.............
greatest game ever: ET =P
to typical guy i havent started collecting a few systems yet due to i rent with gf atm and dont have the room to start a new adventure. atm im yet to start sega cd,game gear,turbo graphx and a few of oddities. mind you some systems i wont even bother with as they are too faulty to try and collect(atari stuff,intellivision) i know theres one item ill prolly never own sadly as much as im trying and thats lufia 2 strategy guide. last time i looked there were less then 500 made and last one on ebay went for 400+.

i sell most of my stuff on amazon papa. i basically use the profits to buy more stuff for my personal collection. anything i can make at least 5$ profit on ill do.

Personally speaking, I always liked Blaster Master for the NES. When I was a kid, I could never make it all the way to the end. Then I played it again much later and got to the final boss, lost, got pissed off and haven't played it since. I'm glad that almost all games save these days.

sadly that and ninja gaiden are two of the best games for nes yet two games ive never made past the final bosses cause of how hard they are and once your dead its back to start.

[quote name='gauu']oh dear lord i just face palmed cheapestgamer.............
to typical guy i havent started collecting a few systems yet due to i rent with gf atm and dont have the room to start a new adventure. atm im yet to start sega cd,game gear,turbo graphx and a few of oddities. mind you some systems i wont even bother with as they are too faulty to try and collect(atari stuff,intellivision) i know theres one item ill prolly never own sadly as much as im trying and thats lufia 2 strategy guide. last time i looked there were less then 500 made and last one on ebay went for 400+.[/QUOTE]
You know the sick part is, I just saw a copy of the Lufia 2 guide the other day. It was a hardbound guide, right?

The clerk at the one local shop had a copy of it, showed it to me, my jaw dropped and then he said that someone told him it was worth good money so he put it off to the side for his boss(who has gone from being a personable shop owner to a total prick in the last couple of years:bomb:).

If I had more money on me, I probably would've asked to flip through the guide and made some remark about certain copies not being worth much due to some printing error or some other bullshit story just to nab it.

Apparently the clerk's one assistant(supposed lesbian/bi chick)had it in her collection for the longest time and just gave it to the friggin' store.:cry:

[quote name='guinaevere']
Hoping to find a fallout 3 goty le, as i accidentally traded my fallout 3 le a while ago to amazon. Ugh... sometimes I seriously have no clue what I'm doing.[/QUOTE]

I find myself accidentally sending things to Amazon all the time. :roll:

:lol:

tongue.gif
I thought I had the newre one. There were a few that i trded in that I thought were duplicates, but weren't.

[quote name='Doomstink']Sounds like a lot of people are having luck. Unfortunately for me, all BBs (I'm assuming) in Wake County, NC pulled the guides for this drop. I just hit 5 out of 6 stores and there were no guides to be found. I did not check the two in Durham County (or at least I think the other two are in Durham) and I did not check Brier Creek.

Congratulations, Best Buy, you have officially destroyed my enthusiasm for drops. I've got a good feeling this is how all the drops are going to go from now on. BB is finally on their game when it comes to these things.

If anyone checks the stores I missed or sees any developments at the stores I already checked (like guides reappearing), please let me know.[/QUOTE]

COMPETITION!!! :lol::applause:

cheapest is that guide still avail and do you know how much they want? id seriously be willing to drop up to 250$ for the guide. its literally one of the last items i need to complete my snes rpg collection. also to answer yes its a hardbound guide blue cover.

[quote name='gauu']im just curious from reading the past 5 or so pages on this post either A)your all poor asses or B) your all cheap. not granted yes i know this is cheapassgamer but the way people talk its like your all broke and cant afford a game at retail. i buy every single rpg game and guide. guides i buy from amazon as they sell guides for 30-35% discount new. games mostly buy from gamestop or amazon. certain games i will wait on as they are just horrid rpgs and will be bound for clearance bins but most of my games i buy retail. shrugs maybe its just me but id rather buy a game/guide for retail then be the poor sap whose crying he didnt buy it on retail.[/QUOTE]
You dont have to be broke or very cheap (IATCG :D) to want to save money. I do not collect anything. To me collector = pack rat. No offense, i dont care if you like to collect things, but I don't hold onto anything that I wont be using regularly. I don't have the time to replay games from 5 years ago when so many other great games are released each year.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You know the sick part is, I just saw a copy of the Lufia 2 guide the other day. It was a hardbound guide, right?

The clerk at the one local shop had a copy of it, showed it to me, my jaw dropped and then he said that someone told him it was worth good money so he put it off to the side for his boss(who has gone from being a personable shop owner to a total prick in the last couple of years:bomb:).

If I had more money on me, I probably would've asked to flip through the guide and made some remark about certain copies not being worth much due to some printing error or some other bullshit story just to nab it.

Apparently the clerk's one assistant(supposed lesbian/bi chick)had it in her collection for the longest time and just gave it to the friggin' store.:cry:[/QUOTE]

Are you talking Lufia 2 or Lunar 2? I have the Lunar 2 guide and it is indeed a small hardbound book. I've never seen a Lufia 2 guide because strategy guides were not that common in the SNES era. Most of the ones I have are made by Nintendo from that era with a few exceptions (Secret of Mana, ect).

nope he means lufia 2 for snes. lufia 1 and lufia 2 had EXTREMELY rare guides made only a few hundred exist. atm theres one lufia guide on ebay atm been talking to the guy.

Same. I'm here to acquire the guides I want and don't care the perceived value they may or may not have. While I do buy a good many guides at retail, mostly from Amazon to save a few bucks and tax, it's also because I'd rather not have it beat to crap with tons of shelf wear. Usually on RPGs. Lesser games that I care less and only want the guide for completion's sake I will only grab it at a penny or via trade of another penny guide as it doesn't mean a whole lot to me even if I don't end up with it.

Maybe I should do the same with games at GS though. I buy most of my games at release and it grinds my gears when those few games drop $10 or so within two weeks.

[quote name='gauu']cheapest is that guide still avail and do you know how much they want? id seriously be willing to drop up to 250$ for the guide. its literally one of the last items i need to complete my snes rpg collection. also to answer yes its a hardbound guide blue cover.[/QUOTE]
It was probably 3-4 days ago when I talked to the clerk at that store last, so by now he may have given the guide to his boss to resell.:cry: But when I go to that store next I'll ask.:D

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']For some reason I have never found an (in)significant other who either shares my gaming hobby or at least tolerates it without berating it every other moment as being 'kids stuff'.

That's why I'll probably always be single.;)
[/QUOTE]

They are out there...My first serious girlfriend in 1995 would stand next to me at the arcade, hold my pop and give me the straw if I needed a drink (while I dominated at Killer Instinct). This next bit may be offensive:
She had a great personality, big boobs, and would give me pretty much daily bjs
. The only flaw is she "hates" Star Wars. I think she would just say that to set herself apart from everyone else. I am rambling and OT. Don't give up hope!

[quote name='slowdive21']They are out there...My first serious girlfriend in 1995 would stand next to me at the arcade, hold my pop and give me the straw if I needed a drink (while I dominated at Killer Instinct). This next bit may be offensive: She had a great personality, big boobs, and would give me pretty much daily bjs. The only flaw is she "hates" Star Wars. I think she would just say that to set herself apart from everyone else. I am rambling and OT. Don't give up hope![/QUOTE]

Do we have like some sort of annual CAG awards, because you just won for Most Off Topic Post Of All Time.

My BB pulled all the guides already.

Last edited by a moderator:
to nogib thats why i hold onto them i figured if they havent dropped even 5$ within the first 30 days means they will hold value and not be 20$ clearance bin games. nowadays though with all the game trade competition etc..ive only been buying games with promos or collectors on retail and making a list on the others to get down road.

[quote name='slowdive21']They are out there...My first serious girlfriend in 1995 would stand next to me at the arcade, hold my pop and give me the straw if I needed a drink (while I dominated at Killer Instinct). This next bit may be offensive:
. The only flaw is she "hates" Star Wars. I think she would just say that to set herself apart from everyone else. I am rambling and OT. Don't give up hope![/QUOTE]

This is the most romantic story i've ever read. :cry:

[quote name='slowdive21']They are out there...My first serious girlfriend in 1995 would stand next to me at the arcade, hold my pop and give me the straw if I needed a drink (while I dominated at Killer Instinct). This next bit may be offensive:
. The only flaw is she "hates" Star Wars. I think she would just say that to set herself apart from everyone else. I am rambling and OT. Don't give up hope![/QUOTE]It's not THAT offensive that she "hates" Star Wars.

. The only flaw is she "hates" Star Wars. I think she would just say that to set herself apart from everyone else. I am rambling and OT. Don't give up hope![/QUOTE]
:lol: Now that is the type of woman I wanna find.;)

In other news, I checked my closest BB earlier and they went through and pulled ALL of the guides from the last drop that were still on the shelf, as well as the ones for the upcoming drop.:bomb:

Oh well....

[quote name='gauu']oh dear lord i just face palmed cheapestgamer.............
to typical guy i havent started collecting a few systems yet due to i rent with gf atm and dont have the room to start a new adventure. atm im yet to start sega cd,game gear,turbo graphx and a few of oddities. mind you some systems i wont even bother with as they are too faulty to try and collect(atari stuff,intellivision) i know theres one item ill prolly never own sadly as much as im trying and thats lufia 2 strategy guide. last time i looked there were less then 500 made and last one on ebay went for 400+.[/QUOTE]

Holy crap, a Lufia 2 guide actually exists???

I have the guide for every game that we own (several hundred). A few years back I looked into games we didn't have guides for, and I was never able to 100% confirm that this thing even existed, I could only find one or two nebulous references to it and I couldn't tell if they were just referring to the Japanese guide or not. God damn. Is there a rarer US guide that anyone is aware of?

[quote name='supaet']All pulled in bb near me as well
penny guides days are over I think[/QUOTE]
:lol: They do this every once in a while, where they actually get ahead of the curve and pull guides BEFORE the day they're supposed to penny.

Then again, maybe that means I should check the other local store on Monday morning, since they had some of the guides from the last drop on the bottom shelf of the clearance rack up by the registers.

They were clearly marked with penny stickers too.;)

What amazes the shit outta me though is that both BB and GS put penny stickers on the fuckin' guides in order to throw them in the dumpster.#-o

Now that....is just totally fuckin' stupid, but I guess policy is policy.

nope. lufia 1 and lufia 2 are 2 of the rarest guides you will buy. lufia 1 averages 150ish and is seen a lil more often. lufia 2 ive only ever once seen and it sold for almost 400$. the problem is that guides from the snes era were only made from nintendo mostly or were unauthorized black n white guides. the lufia guides were special and due to it had an ungodly low print run. put it this way its going to be like buying earthbound complete or panzer dragoon saga complete. your going to fork out a weeks paycheck LOL. main reason i sadly dont have em yet as i cant afford em.

I used one of the display model laptops connected to the store's wifi to check the forums to verify the list since I forgot to write the list down or print it out. :lol:

[quote name='gauu'] its going to be like buying earthbound complete [/QUOTE]

Wow...I had no idea Earthbound complete fetched so high a price. I had a chance to buy one complete with guide (the bundle thing) for 80 a couple of years ago...but sadly I didnt because I sold my snes long ago...

I went to my local Best Buy to find a few copies of Dragon Age CE and Fallout 3 GOTY!!

I was happy to even see them this close to a drop. I hid a copy of each and am crossing my fingers that I will actually get them! All I really want is Dragon Age, I want both, but if I could only get one...

Either way, I have not gotten a single penny guide this entire year yet and I am really due for one.

*On the girlfriend note... Mine is pretty cool with both gaming and CAG. She supports my scammy/cheap nature and actually will watch and occasionally play with me with games! As of now she really really likes Red Dead Redemption, to the point where she asks me to play it, simply because she wants to watch it! It is great. And for those of you who nabbed the free Grilled Cheese Academy shirts in the Free Stuff area, you know that she is not bad looking either ; )

[quote name='Doomstink']Sounds like a lot of people are having luck. Unfortunately for me, all BBs (I'm assuming) in Wake County, NC pulled the guides for this drop. I just hit 5 out of 6 stores and there were no guides to be found. I did not check the two in Durham County (or at least I think the other two are in Durham) and I did not check Brier Creek.

Congratulations, Best Buy, you have officially destroyed my enthusiasm for drops. I've got a good feeling this is how all the drops are going to go from now on. BB is finally on their game when it comes to these things.

If anyone checks the stores I missed or sees any developments at the stores I already checked (like guides reappearing), please let me know.[/QUOTE]

Aww crap...did you check the Garner store too? I am going to check two of the Durham stores on Monday during my lunch break. I will report back with any finds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back