Resident Evil 5 Xbox 360 $19.99 @ Newegg/ PS3 $24.99

Nice deal.

RE5's a fun game, good for a couple playthroughs (mainly to unlock all those awesome upgraded weapons). Sheva can die in a fire, though.

I figured both would be $19 considering they will be selling the same game (Gold Edition) with all the DLC included this March.

[quote name='Supplice']I figured both would be $19 considering they will be selling the same game (Gold Edition) with all the DLC included this March.[/QUOTE]

Yup, good reason to wait on this. I'll get Gold Edition on the cheap at some point.

[quote name='mfitzmorris']Nice deal.

RE5's a fun game, good for a couple playthroughs (mainly to unlock all those awesome upgraded weapons). Sheva can die in a fire, though.[/QUOTE]

Don't play this single player. Ever.

Wish this happened last week as I would rather have a new copy for $20 than a resurfaced disk copy from Gamefly for $13.

[quote name='BingoBrown']Yup, good reason to wait on this. I'll get Gold Edition on the cheap at some point.[/QUOTE]

Are any of the DLC packs worth playing?

And isn't there supposedly another version of RE5 coming, one that supports the new PS3 penis wand controller?

That is the Gold edition...

It should be retailed around $39, assuming they take Lucas Arts route with SW:TFU - USE. Knowing Scamcom, I expect them to have it at $59.

**I found a link that says it will retail for $49

Additional info: "Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition will contain two new episodes, new costumes, and a Mercenaries mode refresh called "Mercenaries Reunion." The first new episode will be titled "Lost in Nightmares," and will star Jill Valentine and Chris Redfield as they investigate Umbrella Corporation founder Ozwell E. Spencer's hideaway.

For those opting to purchase the content online, Lost in Nightmares and the first costume pack will be available online starting February 17 for the Xbox 360, and February 18 for the PS3. Another costume pack and the second DLC episode will be arriving March 3."

[quote name='Vinny']Are any of the DLC packs worth playing?

And isn't there supposedly another version of RE5 coming, one that supports the new PS3 penis wand controller?[/QUOTE]

Only the Japanese new version, called RE 5: Alternate Edition, will support the wand controller because the wand controller is coming out in Japan in March, same time frame as the new RE 5 edition.

Unless you've never owned RE 5 before on the 360, it's going to be better to get the regular game on the cheap and download the DLC, as the 360 Gold version is just the regular disk plus codes for the DLC.

Both the US and Japanese PS3 versions though have the new content on the disk.

bread's done
Back